no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
krapposelli wrote:Former manager has had greyhounds. Sweet dogs, but she had to be very careful when letting them out. If they saw something running, they'd start chasing it and they were impossible to catch.

Ms. K,
Just like a bus!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Ms. K,
Just like a bus!

Coincidence? Hmmmmm?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Meet Basil (Faulty) and Gerald (from a Pink Floyd song about a mouse)

Basil

Gerald

together

They weren't best friends in the cage. But the other two rats refused to come out of the cage at all.
Both were way to scared.
Although the tan one was always with the other tan one, the manager of the stores said that the
other black and white would sleep with the two tans all the time.

I hope it works! For them and for me.
Well, it is already good to have noise and motion coming from the cage.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
dontwantaname wrote:Small Animals

I like them. I'm sure they'll grow quite fond of you.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Are you feeling better now then?

Still single, can't imagine why.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I like Gerry . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

They are cute, aren't they.

Still single, can't imagine why.

AZGman

heheheh . . . just occurred to me . . . Basil Ratbone!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:

Hi, Basil and Gerald. Welcome to Woot!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:Hi, Basil and Gerald. Welcome to Woot!

Thanks. Now I know there's a rat out there with my name.

AZGman

Glad we didn't put a lot of effort into coming up with a list of names to mull over.

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Thanks. Now I know there's a rat out there with my name.

Basil Skek Tek?!?!?

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

My betta fish (Dantefish) died this afternoon. We had a 21 (actually 2) flush salute.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:Basil Skek Tek?!?!?

Try the other one.

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Try the other one.

Naaah . . . it just doesn't sound right . . .

AZGman

Gumiho wrote:My betta fish (Dantefish) died this afternoon. We had a 21 (actually 2) flush salute.

Sounds very dignified . . . condolences on your loss.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Glad we didn't put a lot of effort into coming up with a list of names to mull over.

I dunno - Bastard and Fink were really starting to grow on me. But then again, I'm strange.

krapposelli

Gumiho wrote:My betta fish (Dantefish) died this afternoon. We had a 21 (actually 2) flush salute.

I'm thinking we may need to start a condolences thread. Sorry to hear that Gumiho.

Guess I'd better go check on the cat.

AZGman

Time to head for the library . . .

G'night all . . .

Gumiho

Thanks for the condolences. I kind of thought something was up, and I tried what I could bit it just didn't work. Even worse, he was less than six months in my care. He came as a replacement to my other betta (Manafish) when he died after 3 years. I'm not having the luck with fishies. I think I'll back off for a while.

Gumiho

AZGman wrote:Time to head for the library . . .

G'night all . . .

G'night. Have fun.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hiya B&G. You got a good momma there so no biting!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about that Gum.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:

Hiya B&G. You got a good momma there so no biting!

And no peeing on her keyboard or chewing on her wires. Behave yourselves and give your Mommmy with lots of love.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poor fish. At least he had a name. Mine don't.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:And no peeing on her keyboard or chewing on her wires. Behave yourselves and give your Mommmy with lots of love.

Right now they just smell. Scared poops seem to smell more than normal poops!
But they both like to be held. The two in the store just wouldn't let anyone hold them.
It is sort of sad that they weren't really good friends, and that they have been together for 6 weeks so they will miss the others....but I'm not getting a cage big enough for 4!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:

They are very cute! I hope they adjust easily and quickly, and learn the house rules as easily.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:Right now they just smell. Scared poops seem to smell more than normal poops!
But they both like to be held. The two in the store just wouldn't let anyone hold them.
It is sort of sad that they weren't really good friends, and that they have been together for 6 weeks so they will miss the others....but I'm not getting a cage big enough for 4!

How did you manage at the pet store?

Gumiho

dontwantaname wrote:Poor fish. At least he had a name. Mine don't.

He was only one, so I couldn't help but name him. Although, I'm not too clever with fish names. Most of my fish are named either Manafish or Dantefish. This was Manafish II and Dantefish I.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Gumiho wrote:He was only one, so I couldn't help but name him. Although, I'm not too clever with fish names. Most of my fish are named either Manafish or Dantefish. This was Manafish II and Dantefish I.

When we used to have fish they were all named after characters from Shakespeare plays.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:When we used to have fish they were all named after characters from Shakespeare plays.

As a kid, our fish never lasted long enough for a name.

Gumiho

KtCallista wrote:When we used to have fish they were all named after characters from Shakespeare plays.

That's cute. Most of the people up at college had fish named for alcohols. It got old quickly.

krapposelli

Gumiho wrote:That's cute. Most of the people up at college had fish named for alcohols. It got old quickly.

Ugh The kids are fighting and crying. Time to go referee.

G'night

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:How did you manage at the pet store?

Fine, I waited for the manager who owned rats to be in. Once she took one out and gave it to me, she was ok with me taking them out.

They are both sneezing. I hope that stops. That is a sign of the disease that killed Splinter, which all pet store rats have, but you hope they aren't already sick from it.
But, this is the litter that I went to visit for 5 weeks. I had to buy them.
I'll take them to the vet next week. Give them antibiotics and the treatment for what ever the bug is that makes them scratch.
Heck at this size maybe one kitten treatment can do both!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Gumiho

krapposelli wrote:Ugh The kids are fighting and crying. Time to go referee.

G'night

G'night and good luck!

krapposelli

Gumiho wrote:G'night and good luck!

Had to come back and explain what I just did. Son was scared, saying something was under his bed. I knew that we had put the leaves to our kitchen table under it, but I went over, kneeled down and peeked. He watched me very carefully from the door. Once I looked under, I started screaming - then he got his look on his face like "HOLY &*!@!!!!" and started screaming as well. I ended up in tears laughing so hard. I took him over and showed him that there weren't any monsters under there, but he's still upset and I think I might have just scarred him for life. Poor kid.

g'night again

Gumiho

krapposelli wrote:Had to come back and explain what I just did. Son was scared, saying something was under his bed. I knew that we had put the leaves to our kitchen table under it, but I went over, kneeled down and peeked. He watched me very carefully from the door. Once I looked under, I started screaming - then he got his look on his face like "HOLY &*!@!!!!" and started screaming as well. I ended up in tears laughing so hard. I took him over and showed him that there weren't any monsters under there, but he's still upset and I think I might have just scarred him for life. Poor kid.

g'night again

*rolls about on the floor laughing* Oh my. That's priceless. Scarred or not, that's fantastic. You're toughening him up, is all.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Had to come back and explain what I just did. Son was scared, saying something was under his bed. I knew that we had put the leaves to our kitchen table under it, but I went over, kneeled down and peeked. He watched me very carefully from the door. Once I looked under, I started screaming - then he got his look on his face like "HOLY &*!@!!!!" and started screaming as well. I ended up in tears laughing so hard. I took him over and showed him that there weren't any monsters under there, but he's still upset and I think I might have just scarred him for life. Poor kid.

g'night again

Therapy runs about $100/hour, usually weekly sessions to start. He should be good in a year .... or two. Medication is extra of course.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Gumiho wrote:That's cute. Most of the people up at college had fish named for alcohols. It got old quickly.

Librarian I worked for had one given to her by the PTA. She named it Dewey of course. When he died due to a horrible meeting with a garbage disposal during a bowl cleaning on summer break, she sneakily replaced him with one of the same color/size.

FORUM MODERATOR

Gumiho

daj59 wrote:Librarian I worked for had one given to her by the PTA. She named it Dewey of course. When he died due to a horrible meeting with a garbage disposal during a bowl cleaning on summer break, she sneakily replaced him with one of the same color/size.

Oh my. That's a graphic way to go. I've seen several elementary school fish that at the time never struck me as living an exceptionally long time, but now as an adult I definitely think they we're switching out the dead with identicals the whole time. Fish would be sick one week and all better the next.