It's Monday.
It's Morning.
It's Cold.
It's Raining.

Not a good start to the week.
Howdyfolks!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! It is springlike here today. Sunny, birds are singing, way too nice to be inside or it will be as soon as the frost melts off!

It's supposed to be around 60 today - might just have to go for a walk at lunchtime.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
krapposelli wrote:It's supposed to be around 60 today - might just have to go for a walk at lunchtime.

We need to enjoy it today because it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
krapposelli wrote:It's a-looking. Was in a good mood until I saw my name being dragged through the mud over in the derby thread. Some people. Sheesh.

What did you do this weekend that was so great?

sounds like a good summer!

Did you sell lots of cookies?

My weekend went sort of like this: Friday night we went out to dinner then cleaned some of the house. Saturday we cleaned the rest of the house until about 3:30 then got ready for friends to come over. They saw the house and then we went out for dinner again. Right as we were leaving for dinner, my friend sent me a text message saying that I should join them for drinks if I get back early enough. After dinner we went to the rodeo and saw the bull riding and mutton bustin'. The little kid that won was great! After that we went to the carnival. The highlight being the funnel cake, of course! We left the rodeo around 11 and got home around 11:30. So I called my friend to see if they were still out. They were so I joined them for a drink around midnight.

I didn't do much yesterday, but we did install the nice reusable air filters for the heater/AC. We didn't have much choice but to buy the nice resizeable one because it was the only one that would fit! We did have a party, but it was moved to another house instead of ours *sigh*.

cruzer

joyner wrote:We need to enjoy it today because it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

Sounds almost enjoyable!

I won't turn down our rain, though.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:sounds like a good summer!

Did you sell lots of cookies?

My weekend went sort of like this: Friday night we went out to dinner then cleaned some of the house. Saturday we cleaned the rest of the house until about 3:30 then got ready for friends to come over. They saw the house and then we went out for dinner again. Right as we were leaving for dinner, my friend sent me a text message saying that I should join them for drinks if I get back early enough. After dinner we went to the rodeo and saw the bull riding and mutton bustin'. The little kid that won was great! After that we went to the carnival. The highlight being the funnel cake, of course! We left the rodeo around 11 and got home around 11:30. So I called my friend to see if they were still out. They were so I joined them for a drink around midnight.

I didn't do much yesterday, but we did install the nice reusable air filters for the heater/AC. We didn't have much choice but to buy the nice resizeable one because it was the only one that would fit! We did have a party, but it was moved to another house instead of ours *sigh*.

I didn't do anything Saturday; but I made up for it by doing nothing on Sunday.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
cruzer wrote:Sounds almost enjoyable!

I won't turn down our rain, though.

Nope we won't turn down rain. Sounds like the rodeo was fun. I have to use those yucky air filters that you have to cut up for my Mom's AC/gas heat central unit. Have you figured out a good way to cut them to fit? Scissors aren't sharp enough, I can't cut it with an utility knife. I need to buy some new ones but I hate to cut them!

cruzer

AZGman wrote:I didn't do anything Saturday; but I made up for it by doing nothing on Sunday.

spoken like a true gov'ment worker.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:spoken like a true gov'ment worker.

No; I'm a contractor working for the government. The difference is that if I don't work, I get fired; whereas, if the government employee doesn't work, s/he gets transferred or promoted.

krapposelli

cruzer wrote:Did you sell lots of cookies?

Yep, it sounds like you had a fun weekend.

We sold quite a few - 10-12 cases, I think. They were there again on Sunday and hopefully sold the remaining 20 or so cases. This was the last weekend for cookie sales and it'd be a real shame if the troop has a lot left over and I'd have to buy more Thin Mints. Yep, it'd be a real shame.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
krapposelli wrote:It's supposed to be around 60 today - might just have to go for a walk at lunchtime.

krapposelli, the people in the shirt derby are downright mean and vicious. I go there to vote. If they continue with their attacks on nice people, I may stop doing that. I am sorry they were mean to you. Really no reason. I like to vote for my friends designs. I always like Joseph and his daughter.
They are so nice and good artists.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:No; I'm a contractor working for the government. The difference is that if I don't work, I get fired; whereas, if the government employee doesn't work, s/he gets transferred or promoted.

I'm ashamed and sad to say that it is so true.

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Yep, it sounds like you had a fun weekend.

We sold quite a few - 10-12 cases, I think. They were there again on Sunday and hopefully sold the remaining 20 or so cases. This was the last weekend for cookie sales and it'd be a real shame if the troop has a lot left over and I'd have to buy more Thin Mints. Yep, it'd be a real shame.

I don't see too much resistance from you...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I don't see too much resistance from you...

//smack

You could at least say good morning to me!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

Raining wrote:krapposelli, the people in the shirt derby are downright mean and vicious. I go there to vote. If they continue with their attacks on nice people, I may stop doing that. I am sorry they were mean to you. Really no reason. I like to vote for my friends designs. I always like Joseph and his daughter.

I had to read and re-read my replies in the thread several times this morning before hitting the old post button. I initially wanted to say a few things that would surely have gotten me a pet dog for a few days.

When I see designers / entries getting attacked, I purposely go and give that shirt a vote. I think Mr. R. King said it best, "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out"

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Raining wrote:krapposelli, the people in the shirt derby are downright mean and vicious. I go there to vote. If they continue with their attacks on nice people, I may stop doing that. I am sorry they were mean to you. Really no reason. I like to vote for my friends designs. I always like Joseph and his daughter.

I was not trying to be mean to him, I'm sorry if it came out that way. I was pointing out what I felt was a blatant violation of Woot's rules, which in no way involved him. I apologize.

(if you're taking about what I posted, that is.)

Carry on. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

krapposelli

eyeslikesugar wrote:I was not trying to be mean to him, I'm sorry if it came out that way. I was pointing out what I felt was a blatant violation of Woot's rules, which in no way involved him. I apologize.

(if you're taking about what I posted, that is.)

Carry on. =)

I was a little upset this morning and felt you had mis-construed (is that a word?) the intent of my posts in the cyber pub to appear as if I was attacking you. I don't you were being mean or vicious, just felt I had become a target of the "mob".

I guess the frustration over the past few weeks had been building up and I'd reached the tipping point on people getting attacked.

No hard feellings, no worries.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
krapposelli wrote:
I guess the frustration over the past few weeks had been building up and I'd reached the tipping point on people getting attacked.

I understand that! =S

But great, good! =) I hope you start feeling better. Like you said, it's a beautiful day (here, somewhat, too) go for a walk.. that always helps me feel better.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
krapposelli wrote:I was a little upset this morning and felt you had mis-construed (is that a word?) the intent of my posts in the cyber pub to appear as if I was attacking you. I don't you were being mean or vicious, just felt I had become a target of the "mob".

Mob? Where? Don't they booze up before the meetings? Dv8r I know would be interested.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
krapposelli wrote:I was a little upset this morning and felt you had mis-construed (is that a word?) the intent of my posts in the cyber pub to appear as if I was attacking you. I don't you were being mean or vicious, just felt I had become a target of the "mob".

Morning folks.

I was in the same boat. I just got sick of the whole mess myself last Friday, so I'm taking the shirt.woot week off...

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good almost afternoon folks!

cruzer

good afternoon zea

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
cruzer wrote:good afternoon zea

Hi Cruzer, long time no type!
Well, lovely to see you again but lunch is over and I need to dash to the car before the rain starts up again!
Laters!

cruzer

zea3 wrote:Hi Cruzer, long time no type!
Well, lovely to see you again but lunch is over and I need to dash to the car before the rain starts up again!
Laters!

adios!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Morning all, still alive, can't sit at computer too long. Stupid foot! Go play dodgeball, vote for splinter (honestly haven't even looked at the derby all weekend). I'll try to come back during nap/quiet time.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

And another Monday in the books . . .

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:And another Monday in the books . . .

But it's only half over! for some of us, that is...

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:But it's only half over! for some of us, that is...

Mine started at 5 . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mine started at 5 . . .

Could you please start delaying your "day's over" tidbits for a few hours so I don't feel like smacking you so much?

Ok.

Thanks.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Could you please start delaying your "day's over" tidbits for a few hours so I don't feel like smacking you so much?

Ok.

Thanks.

I'm afraid I can't do that . . . it's the only thing I'm ever first at . . .

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:I'm afraid I can't do that . . . it's the only thing I'm ever first at . . .

Not true... you're usually the first one here in the morning (after the late night folks go to bed, that is).

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:Not true... you're usually the first one here in the morning (after the late night folks go to bed, that is).

That's what I mean . . . usually first in the morning, usually first home (from work), usually first to say g'night . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I'm afraid I can't do that . . . it's the only thing I'm ever first at . . .

ooooooooooooook.

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Could you please start delaying your "day's over" tidbits for a few hours so I don't feel like smacking you so much?

Ok.

Thanks.

//smack

get to work earlier and you won't be so disappointed everyday

AZGman

daj59 wrote: ooooooooooooook.

But I will try to temper my enthusiasm . . . a little . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

get to work earlier and you won't be so disappointed everyday

I'm not talking to you. You still haven't said Good Morning to me yet.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:But I will try to temper my enthusiasm . . . a little . . .

I'll warm up my smacking hand just in case.

cruzer

daj59 wrote:I'm not talking to you.

Finally!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Finally!

cruzer

daj59 wrote:

I thought I'd never get her to shut up!