AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

And it just stopped . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Lucky you. I'm still here for another half hour grading exams... yawner.

If you don't give exams, you don't have to grade them!
Son tells me that Physiological Psychology is the course from hell.
Is it the AP Euro History of the psychology dept?
Or organic chem of pre med?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:If you don't give exams, you don't have to grade them!

It's the falsetto of puberty

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:If you don't give exams, you don't have to grade them!

Heh... that's one of my two courses I'm teaching this semester. *I* don't think it's the course from hell... but I'm the prof.

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Heh... that's one of my two courses I'm teaching this semester. *I* don't think it's the course from hell... but I'm the prof.

Nothin's difficult once ya know what yer doin' . . .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks

Yes. Yes it is.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

Looks like the top edge of Jersey is beginning to see some weather . . .

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
SkekTek wrote:Heh... that's one of my two courses I'm teaching this semester. *I* don't think it's the course from hell... but I'm the prof.

ShekTek - What do you teach? My husband and I used to teach Economics....don't miss the grading at all!

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Nothin's difficult once ya know what yer doin' . . .

If it wasn't difficult, every schmoe would be an expert in neuroscience... Like my grandma used to say, "the tassel is worth the hassle"...

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Yes. Yes it is.

The tennis ball is scowling . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Looks like the top edge of Jersey is beginning to see some weather . . .

Sunny & 59 here. Snow is pretty much gone except for a few shady places. That'll probably be it for this year.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

SkekTek

klswoot wrote:ShekTek - What do you teach? My husband and I used to teach Economics....don't miss the grading at all!

Biology and Psychology courses. I'm kinda the jack of all trades in my two departments.

Psych: Learning and Behavior, Memory, Behavioral Modification, Physiological Psychology, Cognition
Bio: Intro courses, non-majors Biology, Ornithology, Animal Behavior, Vertebrate Anatomy, Cell Biology, Neuroscience...

And I still have time to type over 7000 posts on woot...

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:The tennis ball is scowling . . .

He's mad about the sig being removed. I gotta stay out of the product forums.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:If it wasn't difficult, every schmoe would be an expert in neuroscience... Like my grandma used to say, "the tassel is worth the hassle"...

But look how much we'd all save at the brain sturgeon's office!!!

klswoot

SkekTek wrote:Biology and Psychology courses. I'm kinda the jack of all trades in my two departments.

Psych: Learning and Behavior, Memory, Behavioral Modification, Physiological Psychology, Cognition
Bio: Intro courses, non-majors Biology, Ornithology, Animal Behavior, Vertebrate Anatomy, Cell Biology, Neuroscience...

Impressive....teaching and typing.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:He's mad about the sig being removed. I gotta stay out of the product forums.

I don't see any point in even bothering with the product forums any more . . . no one there but self-appointed experts and sharp-shooters . . .

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:I don't see any point in even bothering with the product forums any more . . . no one there but self-appointed experts and sharp-shooters . . .

...and people that put Kenney on probation, apparently.

I'd love to see a brain sturgeon.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Biology and Psychology courses. I'm kinda the jack of all trades in my two departments.

Non majors bio!!!
That is the course that kept me in college an extra semester!
Took three tries to get a damn B and get out.
Why I didn't try a different science...I don't know.
Plus, I always waited for the last day to drop the class. So two semesters I studied for 16 credits and got 12.
Oh well. I did finally past and get out. Better than the language requirement. I totally gave up on that one. Thank goodness I didn't need it for the 4 year degree. Just didn't get an associates in the community college, transfered out without it.
I could have taken language forever without passing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klswoot

SkekTek wrote:...and people that put Kenney on probation, apparently.

I'd love to see a brain sturgeon.

Why on earth would Kenney get probation. That's not the kenney with the pucker is it?

AZGman

klswoot wrote:Why on earth would Kenney get probation. That's not the kenney with the pucker is it?

yup

SkekTek

klswoot wrote:Why on earth would Kenney get probation. That's not the kenney with the pucker is it?

Posted his reason on the other forum (shirt one I think)

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I don't see any point in even bothering with the product forums any more . . . no one there but self-appointed experts and sharp-shooters . . .

and meanie-heads that take away my sig gifs!

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:and meanie-heads that take away my sig gifs!

Sounds like they're callin' you a bandwidth hog . . .

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Non majors bio!!!
That is the course that kept me in college an extra semester!
Took three tries to get a damn B and get out.
Why I didn't try a different science...I don't know.
Plus, I always waited for the last day to drop the class. So two semesters I studied for 16 credits and got 12.
Oh well. I did finally past and get out. Better than the language requirement. I totally gave up on that one. Thank goodness I didn't need it for the 4 year degree. Just didn't get an associates in the community college, transfered out without it.
I could have taken language forever without passing.

It's called General Biology: Human Focus (what I teach). I like it since I can have serious fun in it with the students (show odd-ball videos), goofy class exercises, etc.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Sounds like they're callin' you a bandwidth hog . . .

I don't think I'm that much more than some of the Tshirt people that have 6+ pics in their sigs. I did some comparisons and there are some that when added together are pretty darn close to my sig. I do size them down before using them.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:I don't think I'm that much more than some of the Tshirt people that have 6+ pics in their sigs. I did some comparisons and there are some that when added together are pretty darn close to my sig. I do size them down before using them.

woot has never claimed it plays fair . . .

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:I don't think I'm that much more than some of the Tshirt people that have 6+ pics in their sigs. I did some comparisons and there are some that when added together are pretty darn close to my sig. I do size them down before using them.

Actually some of them have close to 10. They use tinyurl to cram a scad of them into their sigs. If woot is going to count kilobytes, they should give a KB total of your signature at the bottom of the "your account" page, and flag it red or disallow it if it's greater than say 120kb...

Needless to say, it's KILObytes, Woot! Sheesh! Are we back in the age of 5 1/4 floppy drives again?

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:woot has never claimed it plays fair . . .

Yeah. Slippy will have to make another appearance at a later date.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Yeah. Slippy will have to make another appearance at a later date.

Slippy?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:It's called General Biology: Human Focus (what I teach). I like it since I can have serious fun in it with the students (show odd-ball videos), goofy class exercises, etc.

That sounds like something I could pass.

Actually you have a bunch of classes I would audit.
Going to college and not having to prove you learned anything.....now that is a good deal!

how many hours drive are you from NYC?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Slippy?

The sliding seal. I think that was the one that was removed.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:That sounds like something I could pass.

Actually you have a bunch of classes I would audit.
Going to college and not having to prove you learned anything.....now that is a good deal!

how many hours drive are you from NYC?

Actually, I'll be in NYC on... March 28th. Going to a meeting at CUNY's graduate school in the afternoon. 'm about 2 hours south of The City though.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Yeah. Slippy will have to make another appearance at a later date.

Are you saying that somehow your annoying sig movies have been found?????

I have no way of knowing how big it is. I still don't know if the little moving mouse is legal.

I usually ask Tall if my sig is under the limit.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:

Actually, I'll be in NYC on... March 28th. Going to a meeting at CUNY's graduate school in the afternoon. 'm about 2 hours south of The City though.

Which CUNY?

2 hours...thought you were further. Then again it would take me an hour to get to NJ. I don't count Brooklyn or even the Bronx as part of the travel....unless I hit traffic or have to go to the bathroom!

So, lets see....six hours for an one hour class three times a week.....I think you are safe!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

I think I just heard a massive sigh of relief . . . from Northeast of here . . .

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I think I just heard a massive sigh of relief . . . from Northeast of here . . .

If you were someone else...I would smack you. But you are you and I can't, but I would if I could.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Which CUNY?

2 hours...thought you were further. Then again it would take me an hour to get to NJ. I don't count Brooklyn or even the Bronx as part of the travel....unless I hit traffic or have to go to the bathroom!

So, lets see....six hours for an one hour class three times a week.....I think you are safe!

The one right across from the Empire state building. Every time I go there, I get hit up for at least 20 tours... The next time I teach GBHF will be in June for first summer session- it's 4 days a week, 4 hours a day for 5 weeks... "intensive"

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:If you were someone else...I would smack you. But you are you and I can't, but I would if I could.

<chortle>

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:The one right across from the Empire state building. Every time I go there, I get hit up for at least 20 tours... The next time I teach GBHF will be in June for first summer session- it's 4 days a week, 4 hours a day for 5 weeks... "intensive"

You are safe. Until I have the traveling woot monkey, I'm not going into midtown.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

Well folks, enjoy your evening. I've finished grading 1/2 the exams, so I'm packing up and going home to hug the kids and kiss the wife. Then the opposite. Oh, and eat.

Yum!

-Last Post.