AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
HiddenIdentity wrote:<snip>
I am also pretty sure he will accept his 10-day time out like a man and not use any fake IDs to try circumventing the system . . .

<snerk>

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Hey, cruzer . . . I'm passable fine this sunny mornin' . . .

so you can pass as fine, but how do you really feel?

cruzer

HiddenIdentity wrote:blah blah blah

When did no1 get a Hidden Identity?

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning cruzer,
Good Morning Selli,
Good Morning HiddenIdentity

AZGman

cruzer wrote:so you can pass as fine, but how do you really feel?

fair to middlin'

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:Hiya, k'selli! We really got our windows rattled last night!!

Yes we did. Woke up around 2:30 and things didn't sound good. Just talked to a coworker who lives near me and she said she heard it too and said it sounded like a freight train - she didn't know about the tornado watches or else she would have hunkered down in the basement. I didn't hear a freight train-type noise, but it definitely had me spooked.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Mornin' all...

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Yes we did. Woke up around 2:30 and things didn't sound good. Just talked to a coworker who lives near me and she said she heard it too and said it sounded like a freight train - she didn't know about the tornado watches or else she would have hunkered down in the basement. I didn't hear a freight train-type noise, but it definitely had me spooked.

sounds fun!

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Yes we did. Woke up around 2:30 and things didn't sound good. Just talked to a coworker who lives near me and she said she heard it too and said it sounded like a freight train - she didn't know about the tornado watches or else she would have hunkered down in the basement. I didn't hear a freight train-type noise, but it definitely had me spooked.

we had 60 mph gusts here, and it's still windy. Though the torrential downpours have stopped and I see patches of blue sky now. Front gutter downspout was so clogged with sticks the gutter was draining out onto the sidewalk. When I took them out, the side of the front lawn got partially flooded from all the gutters emptying at once. Sounded pretty cool (like a waterfall).

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:we had 60 mph gusts here, and it's still windy. Though the torrential downpours have stopped and I see patches of blue sky now. Front gutter downspout was so clogged with sticks the gutter was draining out onto the sidewalk. When I took them out, the side of the front lawn got partially flooded from all the gutters emptying at once. Sounded pretty cool (like a waterfall).

Just turned around and looked out the window - it's like a whoe new day. Looks nice, calm and springlike out there. What a difference a few hours makes.

I want a waterfall in my yard... but not out of the rain gutters, though. That doesn't sound good.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Just turned around and looked out the window - it's like a whoe new day. Looks nice, calm and springlike out there. What a difference a few hours makes.

I want a waterfall in my yard... but not out of the rain gutters, though. That doesn't sound good.

It's the negative side of having a house under a 120+ year old oak tree...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Az!
Morning Rain!
Morning Selli!
Morning H.ID!
Morning Skek!
//smack Cruzer!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Morning Az!
Morning Rain!
Morning Selli!
Morning H.ID!
Morning Skek!
//smack Cruzer!

//smack

fool.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

fool.

i.d.i.o.t.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer

daj59 wrote:ID10T

goof

SkekTek

cruzer wrote://smack

fool.

daj59 wrote:i.d.i.o.t.

N'aawwwww.... isn't that cuuuuuute....

AZGman

Mornin', S'Tek and daj

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mornin', S'Tek and daj

Hey Az! So has work got any exciting emergencies planned for you today?

I had all sorts of plans and so far they have all fallen through for one reason or another. Grrrrrrrrr.

Gonna be gone all afternoon. Eyeball is swollen up so going to Dr and then dentist later this afternoon (not for the eyeball).

FORUM MODERATOR

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

good morning

ThunderThighs

Staff

darthv8r wrote:good morning

Morning V8R

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Hey Az! So has work got any exciting emergencies planned for you today?

I had all sorts of plans and so far they have all fallen through for one reason or another. Grrrrrrrrr.

Gonna be gone all afternoon. Eyeball is swollen up so going to Dr and then dentist later this afternoon (not for the eyeball).

Hopefully not!

Reminds me that I need to make a dental appt.

SkekTek

Hey GMan, V8r... Nice day in South Jerseyland finally.

AZGman

darthv8r wrote:good morning

Hiya, v8r

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Hey GMan, V8r... Nice day in South Jerseyland finally.

Yessir! Looks like that here . . . very lovely outside . . . unfortunately, I'm stuck inside . . .

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

*tips hat*
Daj, skek, Gman!

SkekTek

Anyone know anything about the functional anatomy of support and locomotion? I'm writing a lecture and I'm.... well, let's just say I'm uninspired with the weather being so suddenly pleasant...

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Anyone know anything about the functional anatomy of support and locomotion? I'm writing a lecture and I'm.... well, let's just say I'm uninspired with the weather being so suddenly pleasant...

You mean bones and muscles/ligaments/tendons and the nervous system?

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Anyone know anything about the functional anatomy of support and locomotion? I'm writing a lecture and I'm.... well, let's just say I'm uninspired with the weather being so suddenly pleasant...

My legs hold me up and I use them to walk. 'nuf said.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:You mean bones and muscles/ligaments/tendons and the nervous system?

Summary- water: environment, drag, propulsion, role of muscles, buoyancy, stability. Land- environment, walking and running and the spine/muscles, etc...

My problem is I'm reading the text to prep my lecture today (I haven't taught it before, so it's all new), and I'm thinking it's got waaaaay too much detail for my undergraduates in it. So trying to extract a 75 minute discussion out of it is proving... difficult. I try to look at it from my students' points of view to see how much their brains can handle in a typical class without going... POP!

Edit: BLEAH... too much science... I'd rather talk about non-work stuff.

SkekTek

Wow... killed the thread.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Too much for my brain.

FORUM MODERATOR

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

A view of the canyon from campus.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Pretty!

FORUM MODERATOR

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Well, we went to our interview and gave it our best shot. We were attentive and personable, and definitely have a better impression of the job (well, maybe not the job but at least the people.) They said they'll contact my agency Friday if they want another interview.

So, I tried. And I'm okay with that.

cruzer

looks...snowy...

krapposelli

Gumiho wrote:Well, we went to our interview and gave it our best shot. We were attentive and personable, and definitely have a better impression of the job (well, maybe not the job but at least the people.) They said they'll contact my agency Friday if they want another interview.

I'm glad "we" did good. Is this through the temp agency? I would chalk it up as a rehearsal for an interview for a job you really do want. Practice ya know.

I personally am horrible and interviewing and have no desire to go through that again. In fact, most of my jobs have been achieved by either a) being brought in via a temp agency and having them realize my greatness and hiring me full-time , b) when the person who realized my greatness moved across country offered me a job if I too moved across county or c) my position got swallowed up by another department.

Good luck on your searches...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Gumiho wrote:Well, we went to our interview and gave it our best shot. We were attentive and personable, and definitely have a better impression of the job (well, maybe not the job but at least the people.) They said they'll contact my agency Friday if they want another interview.

Good job!

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

peglegwookie wrote:A view of the canyon from campus.

...pic of mountains...

Wow... wish I could see that out my office. Nope. But, we did score 6th in the nation with our campus!

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace

My cousin got a job working at Martha Stewart Omnimedia through a temp agency. You never know. Just keep positive.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
krapposelli wrote:I'm glad "we" did good. Is this through the temp agency? I would chalk it up as a rehearsal for an interview for a job you really do want. Practice ya know.

I personally am horrible and interviewing and have no desire to go through that again. In fact, most of my jobs have been achieved by either a) being brought in via a temp agency and having them realize my greatness and hiring me full-time , b) when the person who realized my greatness moved across country offered me a job if I too moved across county or c) my position got swallowed up by another department.

Good luck on your searches...

Yes. I've joined two temp agencies, and this is the first offer I've gotten from either. The location isn't bad, and the people seem nice, I'm just a little bit of a snotty Millenial and don't want to do the job. If I don't get it, I won't be concerned. I will just think of it as a practice interview. I stress myself out too much for them. Nothing in my life has ever been as bad as I imagined it to be.

I'm not a fan of interviewing (and I have very little experience) so it's nice to have an agency to get my foot in the door.

I like your a & b. c, not so much. Ha.

Thank you very much.