AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:I'm glad "we" did good. Is this through the temp agency? I would chalk it up as a rehearsal for an interview for a job you really do want. Practice ya know.

I personally am horrible and interviewing and have no desire to go through that again. In fact, most of my jobs have been achieved by either a) being brought in via a temp agency and having them realize my greatness and hiring me full-time , b) when the person who realized my greatness moved across country offered me a job if I too moved across county or c) my position got swallowed up by another department.

Good luck on your searches...

Where are my waders; it's gettin' deep in here!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
daj59 wrote:

Good job!

Thanks. It was a weird little rush when it was over. Those smileys are adorable.

Gumiho

openspace wrote:My cousin got a job working at Martha Stewart Omnimedia through a temp agency. You never know. Just keep positive.

I will. Thank you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I wish we would hear something from Poof.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Gumiho

daj59 wrote:I wish we would hear something from Poof.

I was just thinking about her last night. It seems like it's been 90billion years.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:I wish we would hear something from Poof.

Me too . . . I'm beginning to think things aren't going well . . .

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
Gumiho wrote:Yes. I've joined two temp agencies, and this is the first offer I've gotten from either. The location isn't bad, and the people seem nice, I'm just a little bit of a snotty Millenial and don't want to do the job. If I don't get it, I won't be concerned. I will just think of it as a practice interview. I stress myself out too much for them. Nothing in my life has ever been as bad as I imagined it to be.

I'm not a fan of interviewing (and I have very little experience) so it's nice to have an agency to get my foot in the door.

I like your a & b. c, not so much. Ha.

Thank you very much.

c) wasn't so bad, same position new manager. Could see how that option could go horribly wrong though.

a) was definitely the best. In fact, I had quit a full-time job when I couldn't get hired into a certain position. I would interview and be told "not enough experience", yet they were bringing in temps who I would help and train - who would then get hired. So I quit, signed on as a temp, got placed at that company for a "few days". That got extended for a week, a month, until the hiring freeze was lifted and was finally offered a full-time job.

Overall, being a temp were pretty good experiences (signed up 2 times). Not only did it get me jobs, but it taught me to be fast on my feet and to handle stressful situations. Usually when people called in temps, they don't have time for a lot of training, so it was a lot of fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants and wing it stuff.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Where are my waders; it's gettin' deep in here!!!

I would've thought you would've already been wearing your waders... thought that was part of the "dress code" at your office.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:Me too . . . I'm beginning to think things aren't going well . . .

Didn't realize she was missing... I hope all is well..

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Me too . . . I'm beginning to think things aren't going well . . .

Does anyone have a way of contacting her off-line?

Maybe if we yell really loud she'll hear us...

POOF! ! ! ! HOW ARE THINGS GOING? PLEASE CHECK IN SOON! !

edit: Darn it woot - they took out the extra spaces...

Gumiho

krapposelli wrote:c) wasn't so bad, same position new manager. Could see how that option could go horribly wrong though.

a) was definitely the best. In fact, I had quit a full-time job when I couldn't get hired into a certain position. I would interview and be told "not enough experience", yet they were bringing in temps who I would help and train - who would then get hired. So I quit, signed on as a temp, got placed at that company for a "few days". That got extended for a week, a month, until the hiring freeze was lifted and was finally offered a full-time job.

Overall, being a temp were pretty good experiences (signed up 2 times). Not only did it get me jobs, but it taught me to be fast on my feet and to handle stressful situations. Usually when people called in temps, they don't have time for a lot of training, so it was a lot of fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants and wing it stuff.

Several of my friends landed their jobs through agencies, so I figured it'd give me experience and a shot at a decent job. The one I just interviewed for is temp to hire, and they do put you through a LOT of training. They're looking for full time. The hours are decent, the pay is nearly double what I make now, and even though it'd make me feel bad, I can always not continue if I don't like it. We'll see.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Does anyone have a way of contacting her off-line?

Maybe if we yell really loud she'll hear us...

P O O F ! ! ! ! H O W A R E T H I N G S G O I N G? P L E A S E C H E C K I N S O O N ! !

Email only and that doesn't help because her mom only has dial-up so she doesn't get on the computer often. Maybe Dname or KT has a phone #.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Email only and that doesn't help because her mom only has dial-up so she doesn't get on the computer often. Maybe Dname or KT has a phone #.

what about tall?

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:Email only and that doesn't help because her mom only has dial-up so she doesn't get on the computer often. Maybe Dname or KT has a phone #.

Wasn't poof the one wanting a low-use cell phone a while back? Didn't sound like her cell was her primary phone. Even if one of them have a phone #, it's probably her home where she isn't at.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Well, off to get my eyes checked. Ought to be fun... gonna get dilated then have to teach an hour later.. whee!

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:Well, off to get my eyes checked. Ought to be fun... gonna get dilated then have to teach an hour later.. whee!

You can just turn the lights out, and have the students use the glow of their laptops for ambient lighting. Print your lecture notes out in a really big font. Good luck.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Well, off to get my eyes checked. Ought to be fun... gonna get dilated then have to teach an hour later.. whee!

"Wow, Prof. Tek, did you get your pupils dilated or are you just happy to see us?"

no1

krapposelli wrote:

Ms. K,
Where can I get free Kenney? I've been paying an arm and a leg for my Kenney!

Gumiho

Wear shades and hum "I wear my sunglasses at night" all through class.

EDIT: I appear to have rendered everyone speechless with this suggestion.

AZGman

Gumiho wrote:Wear shades and hum "I wear my sunglasses at night" all through class.

EDIT: I appear to have rendered everyone speechless with this suggestion.

His students are so bright, he has to wear shades . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:what about tall?

Ooooh, good point. I'm PM her.

krapposelli

no1 wrote:Ms. K,
Where can I get free Kenney? I've been paying an arm and a leg for my Kenney!

You bought something??? No, still a blank wootqube. They sell Kenneys somewhere else??? Do tell...

cruzer

good afternoon lurkers!

Gumiho

cruzer wrote:good afternoon lurkers!

I do not know to whom that statement is addressed.

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace
Gumiho wrote:I do not know to whom that statement is addressed.

I lurk...

no1

krapposelli wrote:You bought something??? No, still a blank wootqube. They sell Kenneys somewhere else??? Do tell...

Ms. K,
If the sellout.woot had been a month or two earlier, I would have wooted.

AZGman

Come on, 14 o'clock!!!

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

maybe me? =)

Thanks SS for my new togs!

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Come on, 14 o'clock!!!

come on 1530!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:It's the negative side of having a house under a 120+ year old oak tree...

How do you know how old the tree is? That is wonderful, unless the big tree comes down on your house!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer

it seems there are more than a few.

so it seems it was addressed to everyone.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Come on, 14 o'clock!!!

Come on August 2nd!!!!! (Just booked our flights to California!!!)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Hey Az! So has work got any exciting emergencies planned for you today?

I had all sorts of plans and so far they have all fallen through for one reason or another. Grrrrrrrrr.

Gonna be gone all afternoon. Eyeball is swollen up so going to Dr and then dentist later this afternoon (not for the eyeball).

Nobody is going to say anything about an eye tooth?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:How do you know how old the tree is? That is wonderful, unless the big tree comes down on your house!

Ms. Name,
Mabe he planted it?

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Nobody is going to say anything about an eye tooth?

Ms. Name,

Only really, really old people ever refer to an eye tooth.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,

Only really, really old people ever refer to an eye tooth.

//sitting down to watch the smack that's coming

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Nobody is going to say anything about an eye tooth?

been there; done that

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
cruzer wrote:good afternoon lurkers!

*WAVES* Hi, Cruzer!

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

Hi, AZ, Daj, D'name , NO1 and all others online.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy Terry.

I'm off to the eyeball dr and then the Dentist and then drinking and then knocking on doors. Laterz.