KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I am still around kind of, getting the girls packed up to see my mom and trying to be productive with work stuff. Writing the exhaustive honey-do for Orc too. been busy.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:The confusing part is ... how do you get a reduction in gas rates? Natural gas? Car gas?
Propane?
Can't imagine getting LILCO giving a discount.

And I'm back... cat seems to be okay. Maybe he was just slower than usual to warm up his old achey bones.

As far as the gas discount - we built out house at the same time as b-i-l (next door). When we would sign contracts, we'd ask if there was a discount to get both of our business. More often than not, they gave us something. In our area, we can go with any gas (okay, propane - the kind in the buried tank) we wanted - we weren't tied into BGE gas or anything.

And whoo-hooo! Do I get a "I speak Dname!" badge?

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:I am still around kind of, getting the girls packed up to see my mom and trying to be productive with work stuff. Writing the exhaustive honey-do for Orc too. been busy.

How have you been liking the dodgeball entries? Some have been pretty funny - and that isn't what I pictured Orc to look like - at all.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:How have you been liking the dodgeball entries? Some have been pretty funny - and that isn't what I pictured Orc to look like - at all.

Yes, well since the theme was my suggestion and then he refined it I am enjoying it immensely. It shot right down to the lowest derivative, but its been fun. I am surprised he posted an actual photo, but ohh well it's his face, although sometimes it's a bit weird to see him looking out of those images.

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:Yes, well since the theme was my suggestion and then he refined it I am enjoying it immensely. It shot right down to the lowest derivative, but its been fun. I am surprised he posted an actual photo, but ohh well it's his face, although sometimes it's a bit weird to see him looking out of those images.

Yeah, especially this one...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:And I'm back... cat seems to be okay. Maybe he was just slower than usual to warm up his old achey bones.

As far as the gas discount - we built out house at the same time as b-i-l (next door). When we would sign contracts, we'd ask if there was a discount to get both of our business. More often than not, they gave us something. In our area, we can go with any gas (okay, propane - the kind in the buried tank) we wanted - we weren't tied into BGE gas or anything.

And whoo-hooo! Do I get a "I speak Dname!" badge?

I never heard of that, but we get the gas through a pipe underground. No discounts.
I don't think I've ever seen a propane truck here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:I never heard of that, but we get the gas through a pipe underground. No discounts.
I don't think I've ever seen a propane truck here.

Yep, we get the truck driving through the neighborhood all the time - sometimes it's an oil truck, sometimes a gas truck. Each time we're crossing our fingers hoping it's not going to stop at our house to fill up our tank and drop off the big old cherubic bill. Unfortunately, they filled ours up last week and the bill was shoved through the door. Yippee

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Yep, we get the truck driving through the neighborhood all the time - sometimes it's an oil truck, sometimes a gas truck. Each time we're crossing our fingers hoping it's not going to stop at our house to fill up our tank and drop off the big old cherubic bill. Unfortunately, they filled ours up last week and the bill was shoved through the door. Yippee

Last year, the owner of the house daughter rented a room in, went away for the winter.
He basically left daughter and the other kid who DJ's at the radio station with the house and the cat by themselves.
The owner figured they would heat the house with the wood stove.
That lasted a day.
He did a lot of griping about the propane bill!

This year daughter and the same kid are doing a winter rental. It didn't include heat.
They freak out every time the truck comes! The bill is more than half their rent.
None of these houses are really insulated for the winter. Which is stupid when they are open year round.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, I'm home.

I had 2 beers and stomach feels fine. Yea!

The gas thing I'm talking about is leasing our mineral rights for pumping natural gas out of the ground in our area. There's a huge pocket of gas under the state of TX and gas drilling has become quite the thing. We've gotten an initial offer but we're banding together as a neighborhood to get a better offier.

Time to go get some supper. Cereal I think.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Thank you for the Poof update Dname!!!!!!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Ok, I'm home.

I had 2 beers and stomach feels fine. Yea!

The gas thing I'm talking about is leasing our mineral rights for pumping natural gas out of the ground in our area. There's a huge pocket of gas under the state of TX and gas drilling has become quite the thing. We've gotten an initial offer but we're banding together as a neighborhood to get a better offier.

Time to go get some supper. Cereal I think.

come and listen to a story about a women name daj

When you get rich, are you going to throw a woot party?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:come and listen to a story about a women name daj

Man. I just lost my D'name and Daj badges.

Good night (again). See you tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:come and listen to a story about a women name daj

My little lot won't bring that much but it should bring more than what they are offering today.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:Man. I just lost my D'name and Daj badges.

Good night (again). See you tomorrow.

Did you check between the couch cushions?

goodnight

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:My little lot won't bring that much but it should bring more than what they are offering today.

Congrats Daj!

ThunderThighs

Staff

For crying out loud! Now they say we may get snow again Thursday night! This just ain't right!

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody and AZ. Hubby, daughter and I drove to condo yesterday, today I'm going up to the outer banks for a meeting. So I'm TDY! I love that acronym. I'm glad to hear the poofmom update. We're going for an early morning walk on the beach. I'll catch up with you guys tonight.

AZGman

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody and AZ. Hubby, daughter and I drove to condo yesterday, today I'm going up to the outer banks for a meeting. So I'm TDY! I love that acronym. I'm glad to hear the poofmom update. We're going for an early morning walk on the beach. I'll catch up with you guys tonight.

HiByeCya!

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace
dontwantaname wrote:Welcome openspace!!!!
If you see this.
Sorry about nobody saying hi.

hi, back.

I wooted for the first time today!!!

AZGman

openspace wrote:hi, back.

Howdy, o'space! Congrats on your first steps to becoming a "wootaholic!!"

krapposelli

openspace wrote:hi, back.

Morning folks. The cat is still alive - but just barely. Husband came downstairs to find some kitty poop on the kitchen floor and he just about did Chester in.

Hi openspace. Congrats on filling in your little wootqube and welcome to the EBW. So that we can get to know you a little bit better, would you please be so kind as to provide some basic facts (of course, it's purely optional)

general age (within 10 years)
time zone
male or female
Married/Single/In relationship/Other
Kids?
Type of work
Any other interesting tidbits you think we should know

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Morning campers...

AZGman

Mornin', k'selli and S'Tek

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Mornin', k'selli and S'Tek

Yesterday it was up to 60, this morning I had to scrape the windows. It's not fair...

AZGman

SkekTek wrote:Yesterday it was up to 60, this morning I had to scrape the windows. It's not fair...

It's the time of year for ping pong weather.

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:It's the time of year for ping pong weather.

...a Jersey special. Seems the only time it gets warm in the winter is if there's a torrential downpour coming, that promptly freezes hard. Hopefully we'll only get a few more weeks of this silliness.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:morning all!

Morning, cruzer...

AZGman

cruzer wrote:morning all!

Heya, cruzer

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

how goes it gents?

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:how goes it gents?

Usual... killing time before class... trying to get my caffeinated groove going.

openspace

krapposelli wrote:

Hi openspace. Congrats on filling in your little wootqube and welcome to the EBW. So that we can get to know you a little bit better, would you please be so kind as to provide some basic facts (of course, it's purely optional)

general age (within 10 years)
time zone
male or female
Married/Single/In relationship/Other
Kids?
Type of work
Any other interesting tidbits you think we should know

thanks! I can't wait for my flying saucer to arrive.

1) between 30-40
2) m
3) m
4) y
5) not hard
6) I live in a subdivision that used to be a dairy farm and most of my neighbors have not bothered to plant any new trees other than the ones the developer put in so my house one day will look like a forest compared with the barren wasteland of houses with just two pitiful bradford pears in the front yard.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:how goes it gents?

Five hours down; five to go.

krapposelli

openspace wrote:thanks! I can't wait for my flying saucer to arrive.

1) between 30-40
2) m
3) m
4) y
5) not hard
6) I live in a subdivision that used to be a dairy farm and most of my neighbors have not bothered to plany any new trees other than the ones the developer put in so my house one day will look like a forest compared with the barren wasteland of houses with just two pitiful bradford pears in the front yard.

We too live in what used to be a farm, but we were among the last houses to be built. Our lot was completely clear - not a bush or tree to be had when we moved in. We did get some HUGE boulders when we dug the basement, so they are scattered around the yard. We haven't gotten to the landscaping against the house (oh boy, that's this years' project), but we've planted 15-20 of thundercloud plum trees, 2 maples, 2 dogwoods, crepe myrtle, pear and two weeping cherries (and a partridge for the pear tree...). Can't say I want to plant any more trees any time soon.

What part of the country are you in? Or did you not answer that on purpose?

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Morning everyone. It's lively in here.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not so much. Well, my woot friends, I am embarking on a magical journey... to Kentucky. So really, not so magical, but I hope it'll still be fun. The hotel may or may not have wireless and I may not even care once I'm there. I'll be home again Sunday, so if I'm scarce between here and there, you know why.

krapposelli

Gumiho wrote:Morning everyone. It's lively in here.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not so much. Well, my woot friends, I am embarking on a magical journey... to Kentucky. So really, not so magical, but I hope it'll still be fun. The hotel may or may not have wireless and I may not even care once I'm there. I'll be home again Sunday, so if I'm scarce between here and there, you know why.

Have a safe trip.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. They're saying we're going to get snow this afternoon and tonight. I'm telling you, that just ain't right. It's just a few weeks until Spring. WE do NOT get snow this close to Spring.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Gumiho wrote:Morning everyone. It's lively in here.

Have a great trip!

FORUM MODERATOR

openspace

krapposelli wrote:

What part of the country are you in? Or did you not answer that on purpose?

"yes!"