Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:SkekTek's part of the "early riser club" recently.

howdy everbod.

it's the pressure.

morning folks.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Mmmmmmm. Just went down to the cafeteria and they had chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven. Mmmmmmmmm.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning all. And Happy Valentine's Day.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Gumiho wrote:I'm presenting at a conference in a few weeks and I pray the locale has wifi so I can get my woot fix.

G'nite. Pleasant dreams.

[yet] another academic? what do you teach/research/study?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:Mr. Qubed, the product list in the forum says the last wootoff was Dec. 7, a day which I'm sure will live in infamy.

No doubt, Mr. 1, and a very catchy phrase you have coined there. I suspect many shall refer to Dec. 7 as a date which will live on in infamy.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

and g'morning/cya later, all

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:SkekTek's part of the "early riser club" recently.

howdy everbod.

No, I'm terribly ill and not sleeping. Woot shirt contest hasn't helped

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

For those book lovers among us:

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:For those book lovers among us:

Books? I've heard of those things before...

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Books? I've heard of those things before...

Yeah, there's a series about a kid wizard that is printed on that paper stuff...

I'm in an exam now, and I actually had a student, in my Junior-level Physiological Psychology course (neuroscience, essentially) ask me to verify that O2 was oxygen and CO2 was carbon dioxide. :{

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. Woke up a bit stuffy. It the kind that you have to blow and blow and when it finally loosens, it flies out like a speeding bullet making you thankful that you bought the good brand of tissues.

Then there was the morning coughing. That Musinex really worked.

That's probably more than you wanted to know though. I was a bit late this morning.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Morning all. I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. Woke up a bit stuffy. It the kind that you have to blow and blow and when it finally loosens, it flies out like a speeding bullet making you thankful that you bought the good brand of tissues.

Then there was the morning coughing. That Musinex really worked.

That's probably more than you wanted to know though. I was a bit late this morning.

Daj, welcome to the sick room. Pull up a chair, I have a full bottle of Nyquil next to me that I can share...

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Daj, welcome to the sick room. Pull up a chair, I have a full bottle of Nyquil next to me that I can share...

As a doc once told me, a dose of Nyquil is about as useful as a glass of wine. They'll both help you sleep but won't help your symptoms much.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:As a doc once told me, a dose of Nyquil is about as useful as a glass of wine. They'll both help you sleep but won't help your symptoms much.

My wife wouldn't allow me to use my own usual treatment since I had to go to work at 8 this morning- several shots of wisky...

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:As a doc once told me,

//smack

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

//smack smack smack smack

I think I was a bit behind on my smacks.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

In case anyone watches my office fishcam, I'm about to do a small water change, so don't be alarmed!

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:In case anyone watches my office fishcam, I'm about to do a small water change, so don't be alarmed!

Good luck. How many fish do you have in your fishbowl?

I've been noticing edgar and bryan flip-flopping in and out of the fog - looks like you're at least in 3rd place (though I suspect higher). Congrats!

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Good luck. How many fish do you have in your fishbowl?

I've been noticing edgar and bryan flip-flopping in and out of the fog - looks like you're at least in 3rd place (though I suspect higher). Congrats!

I've got 6, which is a lot for such a tank. The crank out a lot of waste, so I have to do frequent water changes. I'd like to get down to one, but adoptions have been few and far between (they were fish I bought for a class, and didn't have the heart to put them down afterwards)- so they stay in my office until they go belly up...

shirtderbystats.com says I'm in first by... 61 votes, but that's an estimate since both shan and I have been dropping out of the hotness (how they approximate fog votes). But she's closing in... I think I held her off, unless she scrapes up 40 more votes in the next two hours

pooflady

SUCCESS! I generally get husband a hyacinth for Valentine's Day (he really likes flowers), but every year it's a crapshoot because there aren't a lot out yet and you don't want one that's blooming, you want one that's just in the bud stage. You also can't buy them ahead of time because the scent is so strong, no way to hide one. But after four stores, I found one. It's white, and I'd prefer blue or purple, but I'll take what I can get.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:SUCCESS! I generally get husband a hyacinth for Valentine's Day (he really likes flowers), but every year it's a crapshoot because there aren't a lot out yet and you don't want one that's blooming, you want one that's just in the bud stage. You also can't buy them ahead of time because the scent is so strong, no way to hide one. But after four stores, I found one. It's white, and I'd prefer blue or purple, but I'll take what I can get.

Great job! Yeah, ours won't pop out for another couple of weeks.

Oh, and I promised my wife that if I win the shirt.woot contest this week, I'd shave off my beard. In case you need extra incentive to vote, it'd make my wife really happy.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:SUCCESS! I generally get husband a hyacinth for Valentine's Day (he really likes flowers), but every year it's a crapshoot because there aren't a lot out yet and you don't want one that's blooming, you want one that's just in the bud stage. You also can't buy them ahead of time because the scent is so strong, no way to hide one. But after four stores, I found one. It's white, and I'd prefer blue or purple, but I'll take what I can get.

Congrats on the find. I love the smell of hyacinths.

When I got my first apartment in Maryland, someone gave me a hyacinth bulb kit. I have a brown thumb, so I didn't expect it to grow, but it did and got really, really tall. My husband (boyfriend at time) came over and was talking about gardening or something, and I went to show him my prized plant that I was so proud of, and the damn thing fell over and the stem snapped as I was carrying it into the living room and I just about cried.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:Great job! Yeah, ours won't pop out for another couple of weeks.

Oh, and I promised my wife that if I win the shirt.woot contest this week, I'd shave off my beard. In case you need extra incentive to vote, it'd make my wife really happy.

Uh, yeah. No offense, but that needs to go. Did you specify that you need to come in first or just get printed?

kenney9226

that's awesome.

Those ZZ Top guys got nothin' on you.

Hey,some interesting beard/ZZ Top trivia: the three guys' names are Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, and Frank Beard . The first two are the ones with the awesome beards, and Frank Beard is the one who is actually clean shaven.

pooflady

Even if you don't win, shaving that beard would make a great Valentine's present. Major points.

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:I've got 6, which is a lot for such a tank. The crank out a lot of waste, so I have to do frequent water changes. I'd like to get down to one, but adoptions have been few and far between (they were fish I bought for a class, and didn't have the heart to put them down afterwards)- so they stay in my office until they go belly up...

shirtderbystats.com says I'm in first by... 61 votes, but that's an estimate since both shan and I have been dropping out of the hotness (how they approximate fog votes). But she's closing in... I think I held her off, unless she scrapes up 40 more votes in the next two hours

I voted for Mr Fish.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I voted for Mr Fish.

//smack

Whoa, you voted? I remember a big discussion that you started about voting many many months ago.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Is the Google doodle a little odd today?

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody...good afternoon. Happy Valentine's Day!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Have you ever had to use someone else's computer mouse & keyboard and it was so gross, you need to go wash your hands afterwards. I have to sometimes. Grosses me out. It's got food crumbs, gunk, and grease all over it. just finished washing my hands. Blech.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Have you ever had to use someone else's computer mouse & keyboard and it was so gross, you need to go wash your hands afterwards. I have to sometimes. Grosses me out. It's got food crumbs, gunk, and grease all over it. just finished washing my hands. Blech.

Ewwww... I can't stand it when I just get that buildup of gray stuff on the pads underneath my mouse...

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

good afternoon everyone. Happy VD.

Thanks SS for my new togs!

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Ewwww... I can't stand it when I just get that buildup of gray stuff on the pads underneath my mouse...

Called dust?

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Ewwww... I can't stand it when I just get that buildup of gray stuff on the pads underneath my mouse...

Yeah, I hear you. I clean mine all the time. When we went through the school's renaming computers a couple summers ago, everytime I sat down at a computer, I was popping the gunk off the bottom of the mouse with my fingernail. Then I'd pop out the mouseball and clean the rollers the same way. And people wondered why their mouse didn't track well. Gag.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Called dust?

No, this is that hard gunk that gets pressed on to the bottom of the mouse around the gliders. It's partially dust but also oils from your hands, desk, etc.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

lol!

your beard is worse than mine!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:*giggles* tee-hees!!

your beard is worse than mine!

Yeah, it's a bit scraggly. I didn't sleep well due to a vicious combination of an impending exam, lab, shirt.woot and illness. So I got excuses galore.

Ok, shirt.woot locked the voting box. Now we wait.

Someone SMACK me... I might win!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it's a bit scraggly. I didn't sleep well due to a vicious combination of an impending exam, lab, shirt.woot and illness. So I got excuses galore.

Ok, shirt.woot locked the voting box. Now we wait.

Someone SMACK me... I might win!

GO GO POCKET FISHMAN!

great week, SkekTek!

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:No, this is that hard gunk that gets pressed on to the bottom of the mouse around the gliders. It's partially dust but also oils from your hands, desk, etc.

Huh. Never looked at the bottom of the mouse before... *scrapes stuff off*... ewwwww!!! That is gross.