no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tall4agirl wrote:So, there I am, sound asleep on the couch and my cell rings. It was Poof. Last night, I sent her a text message because I am in that habit with my nieces right now. I didn't think about the fact that she probably doesn't text until after I hit the send button. :/

Forgive me now for being vague and fuzzy...

Her Mom either is out of the ICU or should be out tomorrow (that was the first thing she told me and I really can't get my head around which it was). It looks like about 3 weeks in a rehab unit are the next step. So, things are better, but still not great. Please continue to keep them in your prayers if that is something you do. If not, think happy thoughts and best wishes for her Mom's recovery.

Thanks for the update, Ms. Girl, it's appreciated.

You really should get a bed.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
no1 wrote:Thanks for the update, Ms. Girl, it's appreciated.

You really should get a bed.

What is this bed thing you speak of? :p

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hi Tall, No 1. How are y'all this evening?

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
zea3 wrote:Hi Tall, No 1. How are y'all this evening?

Hi Zea.

I'm doing pretty good. We're supposed to get the white death here tomorrow. I bet the grocery stores are crazy tonight!
How are you tonight?

no1

zea3 wrote:Hi Tall, No 1. How are y'all this evening?

OK, Ms. Z. Kinda blanking on ideas for the Derby, as usual. Picking songs is not my forte.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Evening folks... trying to think of a nice shirt.woot design... stumped for imagery.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name and Ms. Daj,
All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

I missed this. It seems I missed all sorts of things.

//smack....even though it is funny!

oh, yeah the vet basically said I fed Splinter to death. .... well she said with the lung thing, exercise and thin will help.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I missed this. It seems I missed all sorts of things.

//smack....even though it is funny!

Ms. Name, do you often go back and re-read stuff you already saw from several pages back?

dontwantaname wrote:oh, yeah the vet basically said I fed Splinter to death. .... well she said with the lung thing, exercise and thin will help.

Ms. Name, they always say that. Please don't blame yourself.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, yeah the vet basically said I fed Splinter to death. .... well she said with the lung thing, exercise and thin will help.

In all of my years of tending to rodents, I've never heard of feeding one to death. But then again, they tended to die in their sleep without much warning too...

zea3

tall4agirl wrote:Hi Zea.

I'm doing pretty good. We're supposed to get the white death here tomorrow. I bet the grocery stores are crazy tonight!
How are you tonight?

no1 wrote:OK, Ms. Z. Kinda blanking on ideas for the Derby, as usual. Picking songs is not my forte.

Well, how's this. I have one link to tie two posts together. Winter sports to go with Tall's "White Death" with music to inspire No1! Enjoy!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name, they always say that. Please don't blame yourself.

Well, I'm taking notes for Poof. It seems I was in and out all day (whoever puts that on the other thread will get a 5 hour probation! I don't want to have to sit here and think of another way to say it) and didn't even read stuff on pages I was posting on.

Yes, I was all upset after the vet told me that.
But the vet seems to be the type of person who just says what she thinks, without think of the conquences.
I will give these guys less people food.
I was really upset by it, I'm not as upset any more.

Thank you for saying that!
It really wasn't the thing to say to an owner three days after the pet died.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:In all of my years of tending to rodents, I've never heard of feeding one to death. But then again, they tended to die in their sleep without much warning too...

That is what happened!
Lab rats don't have the lung thing. I think they are the only rats who don't.
Then again, lab rats aren't usually breed for long life, since they are put down when the experiment is done....unless the medical stuff needs a longer life.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Woo Hoo! I'm up to date with this thread!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Well, I'm taking notes for Poof. It seems I was in and out all day (whoever puts that on the other thread will get a 5 hour probation! I don't want to have to sit here and think of another way to say it) and didn't even read stuff on pages I was posting on.

Yes, I was all upset after the vet told me that.
But the vet seems to be the type of person who just says what she thinks, without think of the conquences.
I will give these guys less people food.
I was really upset by it, I'm not as upset any more.

Thank you for saying that!
It really wasn't the thing to say to an owner three days after the pet died.

Do you want me to come up there and smack this vet for you?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

tall4agirl wrote:So, there I am, sound asleep on the couch and my cell rings. It was Poof. Last night, I sent her a text message because I am in that habit with my nieces right now. I didn't think about the fact that she probably doesn't text until after I hit the send button. :/

Forgive me now for being vague and fuzzy...

Her Mom either is out of the ICU or should be out tomorrow (that was the first thing she told me and I really can't get my head around which it was). It looks like about 3 weeks in a rehab unit are the next step. So, things are better, but still not great. Please continue to keep them in your prayers if that is something you do. If not, think happy thoughts and best wishes for her Mom's recovery.

I just got an email from her. Mom got out of ICU today. Sounds like they're not sure if she'll be able to live on her own (in her home) again.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Do you want me to come up there and smack this vet for you?

Yeah!
I went to get more meds today. She gave me some for the other one too. Made no sense to only give it to one when they are together all the time.

She was being sort of nasty to her receptionist too.
But she sent a hand written sympathy card to the house.
Go figure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:I just got an email from her. Mom got out of ICU today. Sounds like they're not sure if she'll be able to live on her own (in her home) again.

That is the problem. Once you are that old things change on a dime....well even more so than when you are young.
She didn't plan on living in the house after this year anyway. When the time comes, she still might give Poof and her sister a hard time about it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah!
I went to get more meds today. She gave me some for the other one too. Made no sense to only give it to one when they are together all the time.

Go figure.

As long as she's experienced with rats and takes the time to really examine them, I guess you put up with a bit. Still you'd think they'd remember that they have to make the owners feel comfortable with them.

I'll never forget taking the dwarf hammie to the vet and watching him put his stethoscope on his chest/belly/etc. Pretty much covered him up.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah!

Go figure.

Maybe she's one of those people with a hard, crusty shell and a soft, squishy interior.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Maybe she's one of those people with a hard, crusty shell and a soft, squishy interior.

Hope so.
Although if I get another pet, it would be a dog and she doesn't treat dogs.
So I won't have to deal with her often.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Hope so.

That's interesting. What animals does she treat besides rodents?

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Hope so.

She must be independently wealthy to not treat dogs!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:As long as she's experienced with rats and takes the time to really examine them, I guess you put up with a bit. Still you'd think they'd remember that they have to make the owners feel comfortable with them.

I'll never forget taking the dwarf hammie to the vet and watching him put his stethoscope on his chest/belly/etc. Pretty much covered him up.

Wow, you are a better mom than I!
Our dwarf hammies never went to the vet.
They die really young anyway.
They are cute. Can't sex them, so they always have babies after you think you got two males.
At least ours did, so did friends.
Not hard to get rid of. They live nicely in a 10 gallon tank with a wheel and a screen top and a water bottle.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:She must be independently wealthy to not treat dogs!

Mostly cats and bunnies.

She can rent a really small store because of it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Wow, you are a better mom than I!
Our dwarf hammies never went to the vet.
They die really young anyway.
They are cute. Can't sex them, so they always have babies after you think you got two males.
At least ours did, so did friends.
Not hard to get rid of. They live nicely in a 10 gallon tank with a wheel and a screen top and a water bottle.

Ended up taking both to vet for one reason or another. One was an eye infection I remember. Gave her diluted kitten antibiotics because they had a good flavor to get her to drink it without forcing it down her throat. I'd put a drop on a cube of melon with a little dip cut out of it -- like a bowl.

They both lived past 3 years old. We were lucky. My regular sized hammies that I had in high school didn't live as long. One year for one and two for the other.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:That is what happened!
Lab rats don't have the lung thing. I think they are the only rats who don't.
Then again, lab rats aren't usually breed for long life, since they are put down when the experiment is done....unless the medical stuff needs a longer life.

I must be a softie. We had rats and mice that were doing behavioral experiments (mazes and such). Couldn't put them down, so I kept them around in the lab. Mice only lasted 2-3 years, but those rats got 'dopted out and lived much longer...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I must be a softie. We had rats and mice that were doing behavioral experiments (mazes and such). Couldn't put them down, so I kept them around in the lab. Mice only lasted 2-3 years, but those rats got 'dopted out and lived much longer...

So, if I ever do this again, I'll drive down to you and get some lab rats. I should be able to get white ones by then.
Son didn't think I could get any from his school.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:So, if I ever do this again, I'll drive down to you and get some lab rats. I should be able to get white ones by then.
Son didn't think I could get any from his school.

I am glad the new rats are starting to work out.

I was in a bible study once with a guy who did imaging for the vet hospital at WSU campus. We got talking about pet owners and how much medical stuff they want done to their pets and how they get all emotional about their pets. Orc and I were the only onces in the whole study that understood, everyone else thought it was silly and irrational. Maybe your vet just doesn't fully realize the attachment to a pet. Fortunately, you have friends here who do.

Version 1 really wants a kitty, but I am slightly allergic, so is my sister. . .

Ohh Orc says go vote in Dodgeball.

Okay goodnight everyone, I am sure no one is up reading this right now and by the time I can come back and read what you all wrote it will probably be Monday night.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Morning AZ and everybody else.

AZGman

joyner wrote:Morning AZ and everybody else.

Hiya, j'ner! What're you folks up to today?

joyner

AZGman wrote:Hiya, j'ner! What're you folks up to today?

I'm still at the outer banks for a director's meeting. Going to start back to North Myrtle before lunch. We will go back to the mountains on Sunday.

AZGman

joyner wrote:I'm still at the outer banks for a director's meeting. Going to start back to North Myrtle before lunch. We will go back to the mountains on Sunday.

Looks like you may be driving back to N. Myrtle through some serious rain!

joyner

AZGman wrote:Looks like you may be driving back to N. Myrtle through some serious rain!

yep, but I'm glad it's raining, battery going down and time for me to get going.

AZGman

joyner wrote:yep, but I'm glad it's raining, battery going down and time for me to get going.

Cya!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning gman! morning joyner! morning lurkers!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:morning gman! morning joyner! morning lurkers!

Hiya, cruzer . . . you appear to be in a chipper mood this morning!

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Hiya, cruzer . . . you appear to be in a chipper mood this morning!

and who wouldn't be??

Its almost the weekend
I'm only working 4 hours today
I'm going drinking after work
I'm going to a baseball game after that

I have tentative plans for tomorrow with a friend

and I'm also going to a baskeball game on Sunday!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:and who wouldn't be??

Its almost the weekend
I'm only working 4 hours today
I'm going drinking after work
I'm going to a baseball game after that

I have tentative plans for tomorrow with a friend

and I'm also going to a baskeball game on Sunday!

<envy>

All that bears a striking resemblence to a real life!!

cruzer

AZGman wrote:<envy>

All that bears a striking resemblence to a real life!!

*gasp* blasphemy! Who could do such a thing!