allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
kenney9226 wrote:yes. It's hard to complain about things when you get them for free.

last post.



Very true.
LP



BINARY SOLO! 0000001 00000011 00000111 00001111 0 0 1 0 1

Come on sucker lick my battery!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:Ah. You're on the western side of the US but not near Seattle, right?

last post



I am 6-8 hours from Seattle depending on how fast you drive through the nothing and if Snoqualmie has snow or not.

lp

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Last Post


Thanks SS for my new togs!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
terrimeyers wrote:Took us 7 years to save enough. found it was actually cheaper for me not to work, so we got rid of the 2nd car and I stayed home. daycare+car+carinsurance= -$200 a month.

LP



We are discussing something like that. I hate to pull my oldest out of her preschool though. We own all our cars, but are going to need to upgrade soon (were planning on that this year, but umm not now). We lost our health insurance when we lost my job, so that is another factor.

LP

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:I am 6-8 hours from Seattle depending on how fast you drive through the nothing and if Snoqualmie has snow or not.

lp



ya, that'd be a heck of a commute. I'd wager that if there are other wooters near your area, they'd be on the lookout for a new job for you. There are maybe other wooters who would stalk you, so that's a tough choice.

last post.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:ya, that'd be a heck of a commute. I'd wager that if there are other wooters near your area, they'd be on the lookout for a new job for you. There are maybe other wooters who would stalk you, so that's a tough choice.

last post.


There are a lot of wooters here, not many on the ebw. I have been asking the buddy line, I need to do a serious search too. Orc and I may move to, maybe more towards Seattle. Maybe I'll pm tgentry and see if he knows of anything over in the city.

LP

I am applying for this now.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:There are a lot of wooters here, not many on the ebw. I have been asking the buddy line, I need to do a serious search too. Orc and I may move to, maybe more towards Seattle. Maybe I'll pm tgentry and see if he knows of anything over in the city.

LP



I have a cousin who got an enviable job working for Martha Stewart through a temp agency.

The good news is that you only need one person to say "yes" and you're off!

LAST POST

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:I have a cousin who got an enviable job working for Martha Stewart through a temp agency.

The good news is that you only need one person to say "yes" and you're off!

LAST POST



yup

I have a friend who doesn't have a college degree who got into a company during a mass hire (basically they were taking anyone for phone support who could speak english). He now is near the top of server support for his company and it's only been a couple years. He is very smart and my best friend, but still. . . gotta wish something like that would happen for Orc or myself. It's in a different town from where we live of course (6 hours away). Not to mention Orc can't hear crap on phones.

LP

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:yup

... Orc can't hear crap on phones.

LP



That's considered a talent in some circles!

last post.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:That's considered a talent in some circles!

last post.


I wish it was a paying talent :-)
lp

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:I wish it was a paying talent :-)
lp



see a need, fill a need.

We just watched that movie, ROBOTS, last week, and it's pretty good.

Are you handy in any way? Friends of ours moved to that city in North Carolina where Dawson's Creek was filmed, what was it, I forgot the name, but they had no job or job prospects. Darren (which may or may not be his real name) made a magnet sign to put on his little pickup truck, Darren the Handyman, and business BOOMS. Apparently there are lots and lots of people who started little projects but never finished them up, so he is busy being a handyman.

Sort of like "rent a husband" except it's a handyman husband, not a sofa-lounging beer-guzzling one...

last post

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:see a need, fill a need.

We just watched that movie, ROBOTS, last week, and it's pretty good.

Are you handy in any way? Friends of ours moved to that city in North Carolina where Dawson's Creek was filmed, what was it, I forgot the name, but they had no job or job prospects. Darren (which may or may not be his real name) made a magnet sign to put on his little pickup truck, Darren the Handyman, and business BOOMS. Apparently there are lots and lots of people who started little projects but never finished them up, so he is busy being a handyman.

Sort of like "rent a husband" except it's a handyman husband, not a sofa-lounging beer-guzzling one...

last post


we have a guy like that in town, he drives a yellow van thing. We've talked about it before.

last post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:we have a guy like that in town, he drives a yellow van thing. We've talked about it before.

last post



the crazy part is that I don't think "Darren" was even licensed at first-- people just totally called him up!

WILMINGTON!! That's where they live.

I bet Orc would get lots of calls if his ad showed him in that TRON suit.

last post as I go home

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:the crazy part is that I don't think "Darren" was even licensed at first-- people just totally called him up!

WILMINGTON!! That's where they live.

I bet Orc would get lots of calls if his ad showed him in that TRON suit.

last post as I go home



heh, maybe

lp

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:heh, maybe

lp



that tron suit was cool.

last post!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:that tron suit was cool.

last post!



How could a tron suit not be cool?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:How could a tron suit not be cool?



YEAH.

last psoty

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:YEAH.

last psoty



lasty post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:lasty post



First last post for me for the week.... yay!

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
SkekTek wrote:First last post for me for the week.... yay!



First last post for me for the woot off...yay!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
terrybatey wrote:First last post for me for the woot off...yay!



same here!
lp

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:same here!
lp



I can't say the same... but Last Post nevertheless....

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:I can't say the same... but Last Post nevertheless....



caught the last post!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:caught the last post!



If only for a fleeting moment... So, kenney noticed I was absent, eh? Now he knows how we felt when he went and got himself all probated and such...

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:If only for a fleeting moment... So, kenney noticed I was absent, eh? Now he knows how we felt when he went and got himself all probated and such...

LP



Now if we could just get v8r to come back and stay back

LP

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:Now if we could just get v8r to come back and stay back

LP



And pensketch... What happened to v8r? Between him and stlwooter, those two are the ones that got me to post so much.

Now, if only I could get back to chopping... I've been wasting so much shirt.woot time, haven't done a good chop in ages.

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:And pensketch... What happened to v8r? Between him and stlwooter, those two are the ones that got me to post so much.

Now, if only I could get back to chopping... I've been wasting so much shirt.woot time, haven't done a good chop in ages.

LP



If it makes you feel better, LKK dragged me in. Joe and pbl got me to the ebw. Joe is still around but the others aren't. Still I spent a lot of time talking to v8r/darkzero and miss him when he leaves.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:If it makes you feel better, LKK dragged me in. Joe and pbl got me to the ebw. Joe is still around but the others aren't. Still I spent a lot of time talking to v8r/darkzero and miss him when he leaves.



Pbl was before my time, but we did interact briefly when he came back one last time to say bye.

I need to make a Where's V8r sig....

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Pbl was before my time, but we did interact briefly when he came back one last time to say bye.

I need to make a Where's V8r sig....

LP



There might be a few floating around from when he said goodbye before.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:There might be a few floating around from when he said goodbye before.



Heh... one of those repeat offenders.

Looks like a projector on Wootoff now, that's a sure killer... EDIT: Woops... They only had one. And it's gone.

LP

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
allawayr wrote:Very true.
LP



BINARY SOLO! 0000001 00000011 00000111 00001111 0 0 1 0 1

Come on sucker lick my battery!



Sorry... I just read up and saw this. Almost fell out my seat. Binary solo..

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Sorry... I just read up and saw this. Almost fell out my seat. Binary solo..



See this is why you shouldn't go MIA

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:See this is why you shouldn't go MIA



True... leave kenney and allawayr alone, and those two are like two big kids...

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:True... leave kenney and allawayr alone, and those two are like two big kids...



yes, two kids in need of supervision.

LP

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
KtCallista wrote:Now if we could just get v8r to come back and stay back

LP


PSST, chocolate cake will get him back!
last post

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
terrybatey wrote:PSST, chocolate cake will get him back!
last post



Ooo... sounds good. Wish I had some...

LP

terrybatey


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
SkekTek wrote:Ooo... sounds good. Wish I had some...

LP


Didn't even have it posted yet and he took a piece.......



lp

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
terrybatey wrote:Didn't even have it posted yet and he took a piece.......



lp



Damn.... That's decadent. And all I got here is chocolate teddy grahams. Pout...

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Damn.... That's decadent. And all I got here is chocolate teddy grahams. Pout...

LP



I don't even have the teddy grahams DANG

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:I don't even have the teddy grahams DANG



They're the 100 calorie packs. Eating more than two in a sitting seems piggish.

:P