AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:HIYA AZ! How are you doing? Aren't you home yet?

Yup

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Yup

You bragging again?

<snerk>

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

daj59 wrote:You bragging again?

<snerk>

Still.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

glad ya made it home gman.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:glad ya made it home gman.

Took almost an hour . . . an out-of-state tractor/trailer trash hauler flipped on I-95 South between work and home. Resulted in about a 10 mile back-up . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Still.

I can't even look forward to a relaxing evening. May have to take son to get his license renewed (was supposed to be done in Sept-- oops). Then a meeting on this gas drilling stuff that I got drafted into.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

daj59 wrote:I can't even look forward to a relaxing evening. May have to take son to get his license renewed (was supposed to be done in Sept-- oops). Then a meeting on this gas drilling stuff that I got drafted into.

Glad VA only renews every five years . . .

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
AZGman wrote:Took almost an hour . . . an out-of-state tractor/trailer trash hauler flipped on I-95 South between work and home. Resulted in about a 10 mile back-up . . .

may your azgness relax into the evening of banter and eventual reading.

stlwooter

AZGman

stlwooter wrote:may your azgness relax into the evening of banter and eventual reading.

Thanks . . . which reminds me - I need to decide what I'm gonna start rereading tonight . . .

AZGman

Hmmm . . . all the posts still show central time . . . why aren't they converting to local time?

stlwooter

AZGman wrote:Hmmm . . . all the posts still show central time . . . why aren't they converting to local time?

mine are in Eastern.

how about rereading-The Poky Little Puppy?

AZGman

stlwooter wrote:mine are in Eastern.

how about rereading-The Poky Little Puppy?

Too scary . . . I wouldn't be able to sleep.

What time zone do you have your clock set for?

stlwooter

AZGman wrote:Too scary . . . I wouldn't be able to sleep.

What time zone do you have your clock set for?

I understand. The fear of being left behind. That hole under the fence. Scary stuff.

Eastern Standard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Glad VA only renews every five years . . .

It's because he's under 18. He gets the license at 16, renews at 17 (oops, missed that one) and again at 18. The last one is good for 5 years.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Hmmm . . . all the posts still show central time . . . why aren't they converting to local time?

It's showing local time for me.

AZGman

stlwooter wrote:I understand. The fear of being left behind. That hole under the fence. Scary stuff.

Eastern Standard.

I don't have that selection; the Eastern time zone on my menu wants to keep me five hours behind Greenwich . . and it's only four hours difference now.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:It's showing local time for me.

You mean loco time for you . . .

AZGman

daj59 wrote:It's because he's under 18. He gets the license at 16, renews at 17 (oops, missed that one) and again at 18. The last one is good for 5 years.

Huh . . . Gson got his at 16 and doesn't get a new one til he's 21 (format changes from vertical to horizontal - easy to tell kids are underage when carded.)

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Mine seem to be right...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Mine seem to be right...

Mine too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:You mean loco time for you . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Huh . . . Gson got his at 16 and doesn't get a new one til he's 21 (format changes from vertical to horizontal - easy to tell kids are underage when carded.)

Yeah, his is the rotated format as well. I had no idea he was supposed to renew at 17!

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:Yeah, his is the rotated format as well. I had no idea he was supposed to renew at 17!

Does he have to retake any of the tests?

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Yeah, his is the rotated format as well. I had no idea he was supposed to renew at 17!

Seems a waste to renew every year for three years.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:Does he have to retake any of the tests?

I don't think so . . . but I can't say for certain.

AZGman

Hmmm . . . seems we're hungry early tonight . . . time to prepare dinner . . . back in a bit.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Hmmm . . . seems we're hungry early tonight . . . time to prepare dinner . . . back in a bit.

I went downstairs to get a snack and they were closed. Guess I'll have to stop on my way to dance class and find some chocolate. Don't think I can wait until 9p for my traditional bowl of cereal.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Seems a waste to renew every year for three years.

I agree. He has to show proof that he's in school still for this one too (had to at 16 as well).

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Does he have to retake any of the tests?

No. There's no driving test here. There's the written test but that's take as part of the driver's education. Then there's a minimum requirement of drive time (also done in driver's ed) and you have to have had your learner's permit for 6 months. That's to get it at 16. After that, it's just new picture I think.

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:No. There's no driving test here. There's the written test but that's take as part of the driver's education. Then there's a minimum requirement of drive time (also done in driver's ed) and you have to have had your learner's permit for 6 months. That's to get it at 16. After that, it's just new picture I think.

No behind-the-wheel test??? That's crazy talk! I guess I'll add Texas drivers to my "bad drivers" list.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:No behind-the-wheel test??? That's crazy talk! I guess I'll add Texas drivers to my "bad drivers" list.

The state authorized education person has to sign off on the satisfactory completion of all requirements. And I do mean sign off. The guy forgot to sign one part of son's form and they wouldn't give him his license. The guy had to drive down to the DPS quickly before closing to sign it for us.

But no, no driving test. They do have 6 months behind the wheel practice with adults before they go solo though. Of course, it depends on how much behind-the-wheel time they actually get as to what that's worth. For son, it was a lot.

krapposelli

Question for the DisneyWorld experts... we're going there in June and staying off-site. I've been pricing up the various ticket packages, and it looks like it's down to deciding whether or not we want the Park Hopper option. It's about $145 more (total, for the 4 of us). Is it worth it?

Last year we didn't buy it, and there might have been one day where it would have been useful - but since we're going to be driving into each park, I can't see leaving and driving to another one. Then again, if we leave mid-day we could go back to the hotel/condo eat and rest up, then head to a different park for a few quick (yeah, right) rides and see the fireworks.

What to do... what to do...

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:The state authorized education person has to sign off on the satisfactory completion of all requirements. And I do mean sign off. The guy forgot to sign one part of son's form and they wouldn't give him his license. The guy had to drive down to the DPS quickly before closing to sign it for us.

But no, no driving test. They do have 6 months behind the wheel practice with adults before they go solo though. Of course, it depends on how much behind-the-wheel time they actually get as to what that's worth. For son, it was a lot.

That makes a bit more sense. If it was up to the parents to say "yeah, we taught 'em how to drive" I could see that going horribly wrong. I could also see some "easy pass with enough money" type of companies, but hopefully not.

Texas is back off the list...

Oooh. Look at the time. Time to go find some foods...

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Question for the DisneyWorld experts... we're going there in June and staying off-site. I've been pricing up the various ticket packages, and it looks like it's down to deciding whether or not we want the Park Hopper option. It's about $145 more (total, for the 4 of us). Is it worth it?

Last year we didn't buy it, and there might have been one day where it would have been useful - but since we're going to be driving into each park, I can't see leaving and driving to another one. Then again, if we leave mid-day we could go back to the hotel/condo eat and rest up, then head to a different park for a few quick (yeah, right) rides and see the fireworks.

What to do... what to do...

Yes, it's worth it. There are certain times of the day that one park will be more crowded than other parks. With the hopper, you can take the monorail to another park with no problem. It also lets you come back and do shopping later if you want.

Plus, those tickets never expire (or at least they didn't used to). I have a stash of tickets that I use when we return. Last time we only had to pay for one day.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:No behind-the-wheel test??? That's crazy talk! I guess I'll add Texas drivers to my "bad drivers" list.

Really, that is the part they fail.
Hell the valedictorian of sons class failed it twice! Only test in his life he failed! He got into Harvard with no trouble, but I made him repark his car when he came to visit once because it was so crooked.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:That makes a bit more sense. If it was up to the parents to say "yeah, we taught 'em how to drive" I could see that going horribly wrong. I could also see some "easy pass with enough money" type of companies, but hopefully not.

Texas is back off the list...

Oooh. Look at the time. Time to go find some foods...

The parents can teach them how to drive but you have to follow the same set of regulations that an education place would. You have to buy the official kit from the state. It looked like a PIA and I would have probably strangled son on first outing.

Parent taught program

AZGman

daj59 wrote:The parents can teach them how to drive but you have to follow the same set of regulations that an education place would. You have to buy the official kit from the state. It looked like a PIA and I would have probably strangled son on first outing.

Parent taught program

Schools here provide 30 hours (I think) behind the wheel training . . . it includes all the parking skills, residential, main roads, and some freeway driving. Parents have to provide an additional 40 hours of logged driving - 10 hours of which have to be at night. Beginning drivers can only have one passenger (friend) if not with an over-21 driver. Not the best system; not the worst system - there's potential for abuse.

AZGman

When I got my license in AZ, we had to have driver's ed - both classroom and behind the wheel. But we still had to take the tests (written and practical) at the DMV before getting our license. Don't know if that's still the case.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Same here in TX when I was learning.

Time for me to head home. Son can't get his proof of enrollment in school until tomorrow so we won't be going there tonight. Darn. They're open until 6 tonight but only 5 tomorrow. Just a 7pm meeting tonight then.

Laterz.