AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Same here in TX when I was learning.

Time for me to head home. Son can't get his proof of enrollment in school until tomorrow so we won't be going there tonight. Darn. They're open until 6 tonight but only 5 tomorrow. Just a 7pm meeting tonight then.

Laterz.



Cya!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

g'nite folks!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
jqubed wrote:g'nite folks!



HiByeCya!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:The state authorized education person has to sign off on the satisfactory completion of all requirements. And I do mean sign off. The guy forgot to sign one part of son's form and they wouldn't give him his license. The guy had to drive down to the DPS quickly before closing to sign it for us.

But no, no driving test. They do have 6 months behind the wheel practice with adults before they go solo though. Of course, it depends on how much behind-the-wheel time they actually get as to what that's worth. For son, it was a lot.


The long version of how this works is as follows:
at age 15 can take driver's ed. can be taught either by a driving school or a parent using an approved driver's ed curriculum.
at age 16 can apply for driver's license, provisional up to age 18. If they have certified completion of an approved driver's ed course the behind the wheel test is optional.
after age 18 you do not have to show proof of completing an approved driver's ed curriculum but you must pass the behind the wheel test to get a driver's license.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

I had a whole post typed up about the decisions about Disney tickets and when I hit post, I got the nasty server error and I lost the message.

The gist of my new delima is that, I think the hopper passes might be worth it based on Daj's post and from parents at dance class. But the no-exipre option is really a lot more - cuz it'd make the most sense to buy extra days now because you know they are going to be even more expensive down the road. But we're talking another $400-$800 (1-4 extra days) more. It kinda makes sense to buy more days now, if we're going to be going back, but I don't know that we are. I think I might just get the hopper this time around and only get the days that we need.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
krapposelli wrote: I had a whole post typed up about the decisions about Disney tickets and when I hit post, I got the nasty server error and I lost the message.

The gist of my new delima is that, I think the hopper passes might be worth it based on Daj's post and from parents at dance class. But the no-exipre option is really a lot more - cuz it'd make the most sense to buy extra days now because you know they are going to be even more expensive down the road. But we're talking another $400-$800 (1-4 extra days) more. It kinda makes sense to buy more days now, if we're going to be going back, but I don't know that we are. I think I might just get the hopper this time around and only get the days that we need.



Hi seli! I get that same server error thing alot when I take too long typing my reply to a post. I have found that if I hit the back button on the browser I can copy the info I typed by highlighting the text and using the copy command under the edit menu. I then go back to the thread, find the post and hit reply again, then go to the edit menu and paste the text into the message box. I hit post and voila! There it is!
I can't help much on the Disney issue, but it sounds like your on the right track.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
zea3 wrote:Hi seli! I get that same server error thing alot when I take too long typing my reply to a post. I have found that if I hit the back button on the browser I can copy the info I typed by highlighting the text and using the copy command under the edit menu. I then go back to the thread, find the post and hit reply again, then go to the edit menu and paste the text into the message box. I hit post and voila! There it is!
I can't help much on the Disney issue, but it sounds like your on the right track.



Hey Zea. Yeah, the back button usually works for me too, but this time it didn't. Of course, this was probably one of the longest posts I had typed, so it's just my luck that I lost it. Probably blabbing too much anyways...

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
krapposelli wrote:Hey Zea. Yeah, the back button usually works for me too, but this time it didn't. Of course, this was probably one of the longest posts I had typed, so it's just my luck that I lost it. Probably blabbing too much anyways...


A few summers back we took a tour of several Six Flags parks. We bought season passes that were good at all Six Flags parks and went to New Orleans, Dallas, and San Antonio. The kids had a great time! I went to Disneyland when I was 18. I don't know how much of it had to do with my age, but I was not impressed. Never have been to Disneyworld, but would like to check it out someday.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Heh. I got the server error again, but this time I copied everything before I hit post because it was all gone when I hit the back button. Grrr...

zea3 wrote:A few summers back we took a tour of several Six Flags parks. We bought season passes that were good at all Six Flags parks and went to New Orleans, Dallas, and San Antonio. The kids had a great time! I went to Disneyland when I was 18. I don't know how much of it had to do with my age, but I was not impressed. Never have been to Disneyworld, but would like to check it out someday.


We have Hershey Park that isn't too far away, and that's a nice day trip for us. Plus, I LOVE the chocolate aspect of it. When I was pregnant, I gave up caffeine (including chocolate) and so when we went there during my 2nd pregnancy, I finally caved in and ate chocolate. Just couldn't avoid it any more.

Unlike our stupid selves, I would highly avoid it in the summer. We're going with s-i-l who is a teacher, so if we're going to go with them (and split the hotel which will save a bunch of $$$) we had to go in the summer. I don't do heat very well, so I'm going to be miserable. Maybe they'll have a nice cold snap while we're there.

I'm sure others know more about the difference between the two parks, but it seems like the FL one has more parks to choose from - the 4 main parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney Hollywood Studios) and the 2 water parks. I know CA has Disneyland and California Adventure... maybe those two parks combine some of the stuff that is spread out in the four parks in FL...

I went to DisneyLand when I was young - probably under 10. Then went to DisneyWorld around Freshman year in HS. In August. Ugh. That was nasty. Last year was the first time I had been since then, and had probably been even longer for the husband.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Disneyland = DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom
California Adeventure = something completely different from what I understand. Like a boardwalk type of park.

DisneyWorld is huge and encompasses many parks and attractions. I love DW. Son and I went every other year for Thanksgiving after the divorce -- the years he was with me. Last year was the first time we didn't go because we saved the money for the big Asia trip.

If you aren't sure you are going back, then I wouldnt' spend the money. We knew we'd be back in 2 years so it was worth it to us plus we liked hopping form park to park especially at night.

Are you going to do SeaWorld, Universal (also fun especially for little ones -- has 2 parks), or other things?

I forget the ages of your children but there's an awesome Titanic Exhibit on International Drive. Oops, just read that it moved the Orlando Science Center. There's also an indoor skydiving thing on International @ I-4. You can see it on the opposite side of the highway from Universal. Son loved that. He was in 3rd grade his first time.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
krapposelli wrote:Heh. I got the server error again, but this time I copied everything before I hit post because it was all gone when I hit the back button. Grrr...

We have Hershey Park that isn't too far away, and that's a nice day trip for us. Plus, I LOVE the chocolate aspect of it. When I was pregnant, I gave up caffeine (including chocolate) and so when we went there during my 2nd pregnancy, I finally caved in and ate chocolate. Just couldn't avoid it any more.

Unlike our stupid selves, I would highly avoid it in the summer. We're going with s-i-l who is a teacher, so if we're going to go with them (and split the hotel which will save a bunch of $$$) we had to go in the summer. I don't do heat very well, so I'm going to be miserable. Maybe they'll have a nice cold snap while we're there.

I'm sure others know more about the difference between the two parks, but it seems like the FL one has more parks to choose from - the 4 main parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney Hollywood Studios) and the 2 water parks. I know CA has Disneyland and California Adventure... maybe those two parks combine some of the stuff that is spread out in the four parks in FL...

I went to DisneyLand when I was young - probably under 10. Then went to DisneyWorld around Freshman year in HS. In August. Ugh. That was nasty. Last year was the first time I had been since then, and had probably been even longer for the husband.



A theme park built around chocolate. Now there's a brilliant idea!
The Six Flags we went to in New Orleans was severely damaged during Katrina. As far as I know it is still closed, which is sad. It was a nice little park.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
daj59 wrote:Disneyland = DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom
California Adeventure = something completely different from what I understand. Like a boardwalk type of park.

DisneyWorld is huge and encompasses many parks and attractions. I love DW. Son and I went every other year for Thanksgiving after the divorce -- the years he was with me. Last year was the first time we didn't go because we saved the money for the big Asia trip.

If you aren't sure you are going back, then I wouldnt' spend the money. We knew we'd be back in 2 years so it was worth it to us plus we liked hopping form park to park especially at night.

Are you going to do SeaWorld, Universal (also fun especially for little ones -- has 2 parks), or other things?

I forget the ages of your children but there's an awesome Titanic Exhibit on International Drive. Oops, just read that it moved the Orlando Science Center. There's also an indoor skydiving thing on International @ I-4. You can see it on the opposite side of the highway from Universal. Son loved that. He was in 3rd grade his first time.


Kids will be 7 (almost 8) and 5 (his bday is next Monday!) when we go. I'm hoping the boy will be tall enough for all of the rides. Might have to hang him by his toes and stretch him a little.

We're just doing the Disney parks. We went to CA in 2006 and spent part of the time down in San Diego and did Legoland, the Zoo and SeaWorld. I'd rather see the rest of Disney that we didn't see last year. We barely touched Epcot (not really for the kids though...) and the Animal Kingdom.

Unless I get over-ruled by the group, I think we're going to do the hopper option, but not the no expiration option. I really can't imagine us going back for at least 5 years or more. If I start talking about going again, I know my husband will kill me.

Time for bed... see ya tomorrow for another day of fun and festivities.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
zea3 wrote:A theme park built around chocolate. Now there's a brilliant idea!
The Six Flags we went to in New Orleans was severely damaged during Katrina. As far as I know it is still closed, which is sad. It was a nice little park.



Yep. Best. Idea. EVER!!!!!

http://www.hersheypark.com/index.php There is a whole town, Hershey, PA where they have Hershey Kisses for street lights and everything. I've always wanted to stay at the Hershey Hotel and do some of the chocolate spa treatments. Mmmmm. Now I'm off to find chocolate before bed.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
krapposelli wrote:Yep. Best. Idea. EVER!!!!!

http://www.hersheypark.com/index.php There is a whole town, Hershey, PA where they have Hershey Kisses for street lights and everything. I've always wanted to stay at the Hershey Hotel and do some of the chocolate spa treatments. Mmmmm. Now I'm off to find chocolate before bed.


Sweet dreams!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Night Selli!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Night Selli!


Hi daj! Anything new and exciting going on?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Hi daj! Anything new and exciting going on?

Nah. Just sat through a 2 hr meeting on the gas leases that didn't accomplish much. My eyes were glazing over. You?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Nah. Just sat through a 2 hr meeting on the gas leases that didn't accomplish much. My eyes were glazing over. You?


Nope, just sittin' on my butt watching tv. Did have some unwanted excitement last Thursday. #1 son hit a broken curb making a turn and blew out 2 tires and chewed up the rims. Was not a fun day, but he did learn how to change a flat.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Nope, just sittin' on my butt watching tv. Did have some unwanted excitement last Thursday. #1 son hit a broken curb making a turn and blew out 2 tires and chewed up the rims. Was not a fun day, but he did learn how to change a flat.

That was interesting. Where did you get the extra tire/rim for the 2nd flat?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:That was interesting. Where did you get the extra tire/rim for the 2nd flat?


First I had to leave work and drive across town to pick up the spare that was sitting in the back yard. Then I drove over to where he was stranded and he put the spare on the front and took the other flat off the rear. He stayed with the truck while I drove to Wally world, who wanted $120.00 plus taxes and fees and could not get to it for 2 hours. I then went to Discount tires and got a much better deal. He said it would be an hour and a half before they could get to it. I told him I would try the other place down the road because I had someone stranded beside the road and needed a tire a.s.a.p. He was a real sweetheart. He came out to the car and took the tire and personally put the new one on then and there. I was out of there in 20 minutes. If you remember, Thursday was when that really bad storm was coming through Texas. I was praying we could get the truck moving before the heavy rains started.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:First I had to leave work and drive across town to pick up the spare that was sitting in the back yard. Then I drove over to where he was stranded and he put the spare on the front and took the other flat off the rear. He stayed with the truck while I drove to Wally world, who wanted $120.00 plus taxes and fees and could not get to it for 2 hours. I then went to Discount tires and got a much better deal. He said it would be an hour and a half before they could get to it. I told him I would try the other place down the road because I had someone stranded beside the road and needed a tire a.s.a.p. He was a real sweetheart. He came out to the car and took the tire and personally put the new one on then and there. I was out of there in 20 minutes. If you remember, Thursday was when that really bad storm was coming through Texas. I was praying we could get the truck moving before the heavy rains started.

Very nice of him. I've always had good and courteous service at Discount.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Very nice of him. I've always had good and courteous service at Discount.


I've always had good experience with them too. The only reason I went to Walmart first was that they don't sell rims. I was afraid I might get someone who wanted to pad the sale, and I wasn't sure about the condition of the rims.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Bedtime. Gnite All.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No Poof yet?
Crap, that can't be a good thing.


Springsteen is as good as everyone said.
He and the band really enjoy performing and that always makes a great show!

I do, however, have a big problem with the Nassau Colusum.
There was only two ticket prices and these tickets were the higher price.
We were in the top row and there was an overhang . To see, we stood on our seats, which was fine, except our heads hit the ceiling.
But last row is better than a few below the last row. You can do anything you need to, to see without disturbing anyone.
BUT the overhang low ceiling definately blocked the sound. As soon as you walked down far enough to be under the real ceiling, the sound really opened up.
That was wrong. No way they should be the higher price ticket.

Two big differences between shows now and 30 years ago...both a result of the no smoking rule.
1. No pot.
2. No waving your lighter, now you wave your cell phone.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I don't care to much for Disneyland.

Still single, can't imagine why.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

goodnight all!

see ya in a few hours!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning gman!

off to work!

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks



Good Morning.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', cruzer and k'selli

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning gman...again...

morning selli!

How's the day looking for y'all?

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:morning gman...again...

morning selli!

How's the day looking for y'all?



Hey . . . day is lookin' quiet at this point . . . but like I mentioned to Lynn, we could get sucker-punched at any moment . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

G'morning folks. Coffee's good today.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Hey . . . day is lookin' quiet at this point . . . but like I mentioned to Lynn, we could get sucker-punched at any moment . . .



I hate when that happens!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
SkekTek wrote:G'morning folks. Coffee's good today.



morning skek.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

For people who drink coffee (and visit the corporate machine called 'Bucks), this week Starbucks is having free tall espresso drink made any way on one day. I guess each store has their own date and time, but it's freeeeeee...

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
SkekTek wrote:For people who drink coffee (and visit the corporate machine called 'Bucks), this week Starbucks is having free tall espresso drink made any way on one day. I guess each store has their own date and time, but it's freeeeeee...



Mornin', S'Tek . . . never cared much Starbucks coffee . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:Mornin', S'Tek . . . never cared much Starbucks coffee . . .



They do have a tendency to serve up overly roasted (okay, burned) beans to make their coffee.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning All. It's very very froggy here. Thick as sea poop.

And that's the extent of my fog jokes.

Continue on.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Morning All. It's very very froggy here. Thick as sea poop.

And that's the extent of my fog jokes.

Continue on.



//smack

Back To Top