KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
FenStar wrote:Well, they still have money coming in, just not as much.



Yes, and it is amazing how little money you CAN live on. I still need to do a lot of legwork to figure out not exactly job type things too. Not all roses, but I do plan on going to bed at a respectable hour tonight.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
KtCallista wrote:Yes, and it is amazing how little money you CAN live on. I still need to do a lot of legwork to figure out not exactly job type things too. Not all roses, but I do plan on going to bed at a respectable hour tonight.

Yeah, espech when you already have the things you need. Just means you might not buy any new unnecessary items for a bit.

Still single, can't imagine why.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
FenStar wrote:Yeah, espech when you already have the things you need. Just means you might not buy any new unnecessary items for a bit.



It might be a bit tighter than that, but we have minimal debt compared to the national average and that helps A LOT.

Orc and I are still running numbers and talking options. When stuff like this happens we like to open all the doors and take a look at what each holds. Personally, I would love to be a Full-time Mom, for a bit (until the girls are older and in school), but that may not be capable of being a reality. My goal right now is a part-time gig that covers the cost of insurance and the cost of having the girls in daycare while I work. That means for something 2 days a week, around $10 an hour minimum, more if it's three days a week. Not the easiest thing to find in a small town where the janitors have PhDs.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:It might be a bit tighter than that, but we have minimal debt compared to the national average and that helps A LOT.

Orc and I are still running numbers and talking options. When stuff like this happens we like to open all the doors and take a look at what each holds. Personally, I would love to be a Full-time Mom, for a bit (until the girls are older and in school), but that may not be capable of being a reality. My goal right now is a part-time gig that covers the cost of insurance and the cost of having the girls in daycare while I work. That means for something 2 days a week, around $10 an hour minimum, more if it's three days a week. Not the easiest thing to find in a small town where the janitors have PhDs.

Just a thought but have you thought about sub-teaching in your school district? Your degree would be great for high school science especially. Pay may not be great but it lets you pick and choose your days. Might fill the gap at least. Depends on the qualifications that your district require.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
daj59 wrote:Just a thought but have you thought about sub-teaching in your school district? Your degree would be great for high school science especially. Pay may not be great but it lets you pick and choose your days. Might fill the gap at least. Depends on the qualifications that your district require.



I haven't yet. I will have to see. I am not sure what this district requires, everyone is different. We have an Education department at the college, so they may get to be choosy, not sure. Plus we don't have drop in daycare that takes kids under three here (unless you have a good buddy that has an in home), so I would have to pay for days even if my kids weren't in daycare. . . Not trying to sound like a downer, just thinking in the forum.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I know you're all East Coast (miiddle country whatever), but on the West Coast/Mountain side, something exciting happened:

NRM Gray Wolves were Delisted today!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I haven't yet. I will have to see. I am not sure what this district requires, everyone is different. We have an Education department at the college, so they may get to be choosy, not sure. Plus we don't have drop in daycare that takes kids under three here (unless you have a good buddy that has an in home), so I would have to pay for days even if my kids weren't in daycare. . . Not trying to sound like a downer, just thinking in the forum.

Rats, yeah, you're right. Walmart greeter? That's my longterm goal.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
daj59 wrote:Rats, yeah, you're right. Walmart greeter? That's my longterm goal.



Well we do have a Walmart. . . .

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Howdy. Back from the eye doctor - my eyes are dialted so the light of the screen is way too bright... I think it's time for a nap. KtC, good luck with the job search - I'm hoping the bestest most perfectest job comes your way.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
krapposelli wrote:Howdy. Back from the eye doctor - my eyes are dialted so the light of the screen is way too bright... I think it's time for a nap. KtC, good luck with the job search - I'm hoping the bestest most perfectest job comes your way.



Thanks, I feel I have that, but it doesn't pay well.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I feel I have that, but it doesn't pay well.


That's true. Okay, I'll ammed it to say, I'm hoping that the 2nd most perfectest job comes your way that doesn't intrude upon the bestest job in the world.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
krapposelli wrote:That's true. Okay, I'll ammed it to say, I'm hoping that the 2nd most perfectest job comes your way that doesn't intrude upon the bestest job in the world.



Thanks 'selli. I knew what you meant.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Morning KtC!
Morning Fen!

It's Friday! I'm happy. It's cloudy but I'm still happy. Was supposed to be 80 but is only going to be 65 but I'm still happy.



sounds like someone got laid...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:sounds like someone got laid...



You?


Good afternoon!

Gotta go to the airport and pick up a cranky son in a half hour or so.
If he got to the airport when they recommend, he was there 6 hours before the flight took off!

One reason Europe will live without me.

Can't mod, cause whoever is doing it will see someone there and leave, then I'll be gone in 30 minutes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:You?


Good afternoon!




No. Who do you think I am?

Besides, Daj is the one that is all happy and cheerful.


Good afternoon dname!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:No. Who do you think I am?

Besides, Daj is the one that is all happy and cheerful.


Good afternoon dname!



gman? Where? Dang invisibility cloaks (how many posts do I need to get one?)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:No. Who do you think I am?

Besides, Daj is the one that is all happy and cheerful.


Good afternoon dname!



The changing of the time has begun! Now the flight is moved back 10 minutes.
I hope it doesn't go into rush hour.
Flying is the pits. The plane was suppose to be here at noon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:gman? Where? Dang invisibility cloaks (how many posts do I need to get one?)



huh?

Hi invisible KtC

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:sounds like someone got laid...

I wish.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:huh?

Hi invisible KtC



sorry, when I hit reply I could have sworn you said hi to gman. Don't mind me I got like 2.5 hours of sleep and most of that was with the baby laying next to me. (don't sleep good like that)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:I wish.



//smack

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:gman? Where? Dang invisibility cloaks (how many posts do I need to get one?)


Are the kids still at each other?
Do you have two totally child proof rooms to lock them in?
We only had the first floor of a small cape when the kids were little.
We totally babyproofed the kids room and put up a baby gate. That was the playpen!
Blocked off the basement and upstairs rooms.

There is something to be said for small when the kids are young. I could always see or hear them.
I don't understand the McMansions with the master suite in a different part of the house.
For now, with adult kids, yeah. But for children...no way.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote://smack



No hitting girls!
//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:sorry, when I hit reply I could have sworn you said hi to gman. Don't mind me I got like 2.5 hours of sleep and most of that was with the baby laying next to me. (don't sleep good like that)



I hate it when people are too quick for my edits...but its funny that you think you're crazy.


Sorry, I can't stop laughing.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hubby swore I could drive and park in under a half hour. He better be right.
JFK is huge. I can get there faster than I can find the right building once I enter the airport.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:No hitting girls!
//smack



but she wants me to...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:but she wants me to...



She can't always get what she wants.


It must be spring, I hear lawn equipment outside.

That is the drawback of life in the suburbs with good lawns.....until the winter there will almost always be some sort of lawn equipment noise.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Hubby swore I could drive and park in under a half hour. He better be right.
JFK is huge. I can get there faster than I can find the right building once I enter the airport.



A half hour? Do you live outside the gate?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Are the kids still at each other?
Do you have two totally child proof rooms to lock them in?
We only had the first floor of a small cape when the kids were little.
We totally babyproofed the kids room and put up a baby gate. That was the playpen!
Blocked off the basement and upstairs rooms.

There is something to be said for small when the kids are young. I could always see or hear them.
I don't understand the McMansions with the master suite in a different part of the house.
For now, with adult kids, yeah. But for children...no way.



We did the closed off room for the oldest (it was part of our livingroom - the part we used) It worked great to make sure people took off their shoes too. We live in a small place. The house is fairly baby proof.
The girls are attacking each other, but they both think it is funny right now.
I am going to screw up nap and drive them to the office to do a file dump.
I have to run a nasty macro right now which will take out my computer.
I guess I will watch the wootoff from the livingroom computer and Orc's comp.
Probably won't chat though.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

spongebrain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
KtCallista wrote:Probably won't chat though.

Type at you later, KtC.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

spongebrain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
dontwantaname wrote:Hubby swore I could drive and park in under a half hour. He better be right.
JFK is huge. I can get there faster than I can find the right building once I enter the airport.

I don't think that I would count on that timeline, Ms. Dname.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:A half hour? Do you live outside the gate?



Use to! Grew up one exit from the airport. Couldn't even get the car up to highway speed before we had to get off.
That made getting home hard. Did you ever try to tell a cab driver who just waited on line for a manhattan fare , that he was only going 3 miles?
They aren't happy about that at all!

I'll give it 45 minutes.
It takes forever to get the luggage after the plane lands anyway.
I don't want to leave when they are pushing the landing back. They took off 2 hours late and did it in 10 minutes incriments.
In Paris they took off 3 hours late. But I wasn't watching how often they delayed it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Crap! is the airline woot!????? They just moved the time up two minutes.
Like when the sold bar moves in the wrong direction!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:She can't always get what she wants.


It must be spring, I hear lawn equipment outside.

That is the drawback of life in the suburbs with good lawns.....until the winter there will almost always be some sort of lawn equipment noise.



she doesn't...obviously...

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh well, guess I need to get ready.
See you later!
Well, maybe not. I haven't modded yet today.

Do you think they will end with crap or a monkey?
I want my crap on april fools day.
I wonder if this is a two or three dayer?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:No hitting girls!
//smack

Where the heck are you every other morning when he smacks me!?!?!??!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:she doesn't...obviously...



Well, you are too young for her.
In my little world, you have to be 25 before you can date that much off your age range.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby swore I could drive and park in under a half hour. He better be right.
JFK is huge. I can get there faster than I can find the right building once I enter the airport.

Why park? Just drive around until he calls you then pick him up outside the baggage claim.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Use to! Grew up one exit from the airport. Couldn't even get the car up to highway speed before we had to get off.
That made getting home hard. Did you ever try to tell a cab driver who just waited on line for a manhattan fare , that he was only going 3 miles?
They aren't happy about that at all!

I'll give it 45 minutes.
It takes forever to get the luggage after the plane lands anyway.
I don't want to leave when they are pushing the landing back. They took off 2 hours late and did it in 10 minutes incriments.
In Paris they took off 3 hours late. But I wasn't watching how often they delayed it.

Add immigration time onto that.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:Crap! is the airline woot!????? They just moved the time up two minutes.
Like when the sold bar moves in the wrong direction!


Can you imagine if Woot did have an airline? You could buy a T(icket)OC and not know where you were going until you got there. They'd only sell one flight a day, and you wouldn't know which route it would be until midnight. Sometimes they'd have a whole plane full of seats. Sometimes they'd just have a handful.