AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Morning All. It's very very froggy here. Thick as sea poop.

And that's the extent of my fog jokes.

Continue on.

Play Misty for me . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

//smack

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Play Misty for me . . .

The Fog in Seattle

A helicopter pilot is flying to Seattle, and hits a pea-soup-thick fogbank. He becomes disoriented, and flies blindly around until he nearly runs into the top few floors of an office building. He recovers in time to avoid crashing, and manages to get the attention of a woman sitting at her desk.

"Excuse me!" he yells. "Where am I?" "You're in a helicopter," she replies. "Thank you." says the pilot.

The pilot pulls off sharply to the left, takes one or two crisp turns through the dense fog, and then does a perfect landing at the Seattle-Tacoma airport.

"That was amazing!" says a passenger. "How did you figure out where you were?" "Easy," says the pilot. "Her answer, while correct, was absolutely useless. So I immediately knew I was at Microsoft technical support."

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:For people who drink coffee (and visit the corporate machine called 'Bucks), this week Starbucks is having free tall espresso drink made any way on one day. I guess each store has their own date and time, but it's freeeeeee...

Wonder if they'd mind making me one without any hot water or coffee beans? I'd like a few cubes of ice and some carbonated diet soda beverage.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:Wonder if they'd mind making me one without any hot water or coffee beans? I'd like a few cubes of ice and some carbonated diet soda beverage.

It's the same thing only different . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Morning everybody! Hey 'selli, I have to weigh in on the Disney tickets. We knew we would be going back (Time share) so we bought the never expire, non park hoppers. We got the non hoppers because we end up staying until closing and still haven't seen everything daughter wants to do in any one park. Of course sometimes we do the same ride several times. The new comedy thing next to Buzz Lightyear is really funny. We went two or three times when we were there at Thanksgiving. There is so much fun stuff to do outside of Disney that we usually only go into Disney for three days. We also go in the late fall or winter so the parks close earlier than in the summer. We've gone to pick your own orange orchards, we loved Gatorland, there is a really cool Christian theme park. I think it is called the Holyland. Daughter is just now growing into rollercoaster type rides so one of the Universal parks doesn't work for her. She really likes the other Universal park, the names escape me. anyway that's my 2 cents!

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Morning everybody! Hey 'selli, I have to weigh in on the Disney tickets. We knew we would be going back (Time share) so we bought the never expire, non park hoppers. We got the non hoppers because we end up staying until closing and still haven't seen everything daughter wants to do in any one park. Of course sometimes we do the same ride several times. The new comedy thing next to Buzz Lightyear is really funny. We went two or three times when we were there at Thanksgiving. There is so much fun stuff to do outside of Disney that we usually only go into Disney for three days. We also go in the late fall or winter so the parks close earlier than in the summer. We've gone to pick your own orange orchards, we loved Gatorland, there is a really cool Christian theme park. I think it is called the Holyland. Daughter is just now growing into rollercoaster type rides so one of the Universal parks doesn't work for her. She really likes the other Universal park, the names escape me. anyway that's my 2 cents!

Hey Joyner - Thanks for the advice and info. I saw a review of the Monsters Inc. Comedy Show thing before we went last year, but we never made it - not sure if it was even open yet. If the lines are real long for it, that'd make the husband happy as the Buzz Lightyear was his favorite ride - goofy guy. We spent a week at the parks last year, and even with that barely touched Animal Kingdom and Epcot - I think we pretty well covered the other two parks though. This year I'm going to get in better shape before we go so I'm not so sore and tired. No laughing, I'm serious.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Hey Joyner - Thanks for the advice and info. I saw a review of the Monsters Inc. Comedy Show thing before we went last year, but we never made it - not sure if it was even open yet. If the lines are real long for it, that'd make the husband happy as the Buzz Lightyear was his favorite ride - goofy guy. We spent a week at the parks last year, and even with that barely touched Animal Kingdom and Epcot - I think we pretty well covered the other two parks though. This year I'm going to get in better shape before we go so I'm not so sore and tired. No laughing, I'm serious.

If you eat breakfast in your room (or condo), and get there before the parks open (at the gate ready to walk in, not the parking lot), you can get a ton in before the crowds show up. We often would get half a park done before the mid-morning crowds got thick.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
krapposelli wrote:Hey Joyner - Thanks for the advice and info. I saw a review of the Monsters Inc. Comedy Show thing before we went last year, but we never made it - not sure if it was even open yet. If the lines are real long for it, that'd make the husband happy as the Buzz Lightyear was his favorite ride - goofy guy. We spent a week at the parks last year, and even with that barely touched Animal Kingdom and Epcot - I think we pretty well covered the other two parks though. This year I'm going to get in better shape before we go so I'm not so sore and tired. No laughing, I'm serious.

*covers mouth to keep from laughing*

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
krapposelli wrote:Wonder if they'd mind making me one without any hot water or coffee beans? I'd like a few cubes of ice and some carbonated diet soda beverage.

You could try...

Aw man, wanna pull the trigger on today's shirtwoot (pigeon!), but already blew my $10 on Sunday.

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:If you eat breakfast in your room (or condo), and get there before the parks open (at the gate ready to walk in, not the parking lot), you can get a ton in before the crowds show up. We often would get half a park done before the mid-morning crowds got thick.

Last year we had my mother with us - who was, let's say not pleased with a non-nutritous breakfast for the kids. This year we're thinking of grabbing some of the pastries from the included breakfast and/or some Pop-Tarts and having the kids eat those in the car on the way to the park. Having said that, I'm the one who will probably be the hardest to get moving in the morning. Getting up early isn't my idea of an ideal vacation...

krapposelli

cruzer wrote:*covers mouth to keep from laughing*

Yeah, husband is laughing at me too. Last weekend we moved the treadmill down to the basement - my Mom's comment was "oh good, now you can walk down there to look at it". Guess it isn't a secret that I haven't quite used it as much as I intended. But I'll prove all you wrong! (and if I don't exercise, how will you ever know???)

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Last year we had my mother with us - who was, let's say not pleased with a non-nutritous breakfast for the kids. This year we're thinking of grabbing some of the pastries from the included breakfast and/or some Pop-Tarts and having the kids eat those in the car on the way to the park. Having said that, I'm the one who will probably be the hardest to get moving in the morning. Getting up early isn't my idea of an ideal vacation...

DW vacation is one of the times that I can actually talk son into going to bed early and waking up early. He's been convinced of the difference. We would have poptarts or donuts for breakfast before heading out.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Yeah, husband is laughing at me too. Last weekend we moved the treadmill down to the basement - my Mom's comment was "oh good, now you can walk down there to look at it". Guess it isn't a secret that I haven't quite used it as much as I intended. But I'll prove all you wrong! (and if I don't exercise, how will you ever know???)

We'll just assume that you didn't and you have to prove us wrong.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Yeah, husband is laughing at me too. Last weekend we moved the treadmill down to the basement - my Mom's comment was "oh good, now you can walk down there to look at it". Guess it isn't a secret that I haven't quite used it as much as I intended. But I'll prove all you wrong! (and if I don't exercise, how will you ever know???)

I took care of that problem... I sold my treadmill and my Total Gym 1000.

FORUM MODERATOR

joyner

If the lines aren't too long we ride buzz Lightyear more than once. I LOVE that ride. On the first anniversary of 9/11 we were at DW. Got a great timeshare. No one wanted to travel that week. We walked into every ride. They weren't even running the trams to the parking lot. I think we rode Buzz Lightyear about 5 times that day. Husband is just a big kid too so we really enjoy DW. Before we adopted daughter we had to tag along with friends with kids. I've now decided that you don't have to have kids with you to get in!

SkekTek

joyner wrote:If the lines aren't too long we ride buzz Lightyear more than once. I LOVE that ride. On the first anniversary of 9/11 we were at DW. Got a great timeshare. No one wanted to travel that week. We walked into every ride. They weren't even running the trams to the parking lot. I think we rode Buzz Lightyear about 5 times that day. Husband is just a big kid too so we really enjoy DW. Before we adopted daughter we had to tag along with friends with kids. I've now decided that you don't have to have kids with you to get it!

We've started saving for our trip to WDW next summer (09). We want it to be a trip where we don't worry about costs. We want to do: 1) character meal for the kiddies, 2) backstage tour, and I want to 3) scuba dive the Living Seas (Dive Quest). We also want to stay at the Port Orleans since it's in the park. I wanted to stay at the Polynesian (I am a Hawaii-nut), but DW said no.

joyner

Daughter used to get so tired that she would melt down at the most inopportune moments. Public tantrums are so not good. That is why we started going to the parks only 3 days a week. We would go into a park one day and do something else the next day and then go back to DW the third day. You literally walk for miles. I also agree with Daj about getting there as soon as they open. The lines are much shorter earlier in the day. We also carry snacks, juice and water so we don't have to spend time in line to eat. I also try to avoid the magic kingdom after dark. Those little people will mow you down! Those strollers make terrible bruises on your shins.

joyner

SkekTek wrote:We've started saving for our trip to WDW next summer (09). We want it to be a trip where we don't worry about costs. We want to do: 1) character meal for the kiddies, 2) backstage tour, and I want to 3) scuba dive the Living Seas (Dive Quest). We also want to stay at the Port Orleans since it's in the park. I wanted to stay at the Polynesian (I am a Hawaii-nut), but DW said no.

I hate to sound like the Disney Chamber of Commerce but the advance prices are really, really good now.

cruzer

joyner wrote:If the lines aren't too long we ride buzz Lightyear more than once. I LOVE that ride. On the first anniversary of 9/11 we were at DW. Got a great timeshare. No one wanted to travel that week. We walked into every ride. They weren't even running the trams to the parking lot. I think we rode Buzz Lightyear about 5 times that day. Husband is just a big kid too so we really enjoy DW. Before we adopted daughter we had to tag along with friends with kids. I've now decided that you don't have to have kids with you to get in!

Joyner the kid

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Joyner the kid

Hey, I love Disney too. Took son first time at 18mos (DisneyLand). I'll continue to go even when he's on his own.

FORUM MODERATOR

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace
SkekTek wrote:We've started saving for our trip to WDW next summer (09). We want it to be a trip where we don't worry about costs. We want to do: 1) character meal for the kiddies, 2) backstage tour, and I want to 3) scuba dive the Living Seas (Dive Quest). We also want to stay at the Port Orleans since it's in the park. I wanted to stay at the Polynesian (I am a Hawaii-nut), but DW said no.

GET THE DISNEY DINING PLAN!!!

My kids were under age 11, and it was totally worth it! One dinner cost "regular folks" between $110 and $150 for my family of 5, and the dining plan FOR THE ENTIRE DAY cost us $109.

The dining plan covers lunch, dinner, and a snack (like an ice cream cone). You allegedly can't share meals, but we did and were bale to all get full on just the three kid's counter service lunches.

You don't have to worry about prices, and if you pay it all off before your vacation, it's sort of like eating free!

Also, get a disney visa card. We got one, charged everything on it (and paid it off each month, of course, otherwise it's hopeless) and had an extra $140 on a disney gift card to spend on souvenirs and stuff.

Oh, and if you buy your tickets and stuff now, you'll feel even better that you bought them because the prices will go up before next year!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:Joyner the kid

I'd bounce between rock and roller coaster and tower of terror if I could. When we went there last (during star wars weekend no less), we ran in at the start, got fast pass for RnR coaster, got fast pass for ToT, rode ToT, used fast pass for RnR, used fast pass for ToT. Whew! Then there was a medical emergency in RnR where they shut down the ride and wouldn't let anyone in the little courtyard until they got the person in an ambulance (someone had an anxiety attack on the ride). We loitered in the exit area of ToT so we wouldn't get moved out by the staff. Then after that cleared, but before they let people into the courtyard, we got back in line in RnR, then did ToT again. In 1 hour, rode them both 3 times. I was in heaven!

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Hey, I love Disney too. Took son first time at 18mos (DisneyLand). I'll continue to go even when he's on his own.

you're a kid for different reasons, though.

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:I'd bounce between rock and roller coaster and tower of terror if I could. When we went there last (during star wars weekend no less), we ran in at the start, got fast pass for RnR coaster, got fast pass for ToT, rode ToT, used fast pass for RnR, used fast pass for ToT. Whew! Then there was a medical emergency in RnR where they shut down the ride and wouldn't let anyone in the little courtyard until they got the person in an ambulance (someone had an anxiety attack on the ride). We loitered in the exit area of ToT so we wouldn't get moved out by the staff. Then after that cleared, but before they let people into the courtyard, we got back in line in RnR, then did ToT again. In 1 hour, rode them both 3 times. I was in heaven!

sounds like fun!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:you're a kid for different reasons, though.

When we went last, my son was about the same. This time, he'll be 6, and my other son will be just over 3. Perfect.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:I'd bounce between rock and roller coaster and tower of terror if I could. When we went there last (during star wars weekend no less), we ran in at the start, got fast pass for RnR coaster, got fast pass for ToT, rode ToT, used fast pass for RnR, used fast pass for ToT. Whew! Then there was a medical emergency in RnR where they shut down the ride and wouldn't let anyone in the little courtyard until they got the person in an ambulance (someone had an anxiety attack on the ride). We loitered in the exit area of ToT so we wouldn't get moved out by the staff. Then after that cleared, but before they let people into the courtyard, we got back in line in RnR, then did ToT again. In 1 hour, rode them both 3 times. I was in heaven!

We love the RnR but I don't like dropping rides so I've never done the ToT.

The RnR broke down once when we were on it. They had to turn the lights on and get us out of the car and escort us out through the ride. Pretty interesting to see it with the lights on.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:When we went last, my son was about the same. This time, he'll be 6, and my other son will be just over 3. Perfect.

We stayed at the DL hotel. Son hurt his thumb pretty bad -- didn't need stitches but it wasn't pretty. The Disney system went into play. They had a nurse and security guard up there shortly after I called the desk for bandaids. They took a full report and the nurse dressed it up. She left bandages and ointment for me to use until we got home. We went out to eat and when we came back, there was a stuffed baby Mickey & baby Donald in his crib from the hotel. They checked in with us the next day as well.

Son walked around with his thumb in the air for like two days. Looked like he was giving everybody the "thumbs up" sign.

When I had my leg rash in Japan, I waited until we went to Disney to get some advice because I knew they would see that I got to a good doctor and they did. They even took me to him in their little mini-ambulance van.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:We love the RnR but I don't like dropping rides so I've never done the ToT.

The RnR broke down once when we were on it. They had to turn the lights on and get us out of the car and escort us out through the ride. Pretty interesting to see it with the lights on.

Get any good pictures of it?

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Get any good pictures of it?

No didn't have camera with us that day.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:No didn't have camera with us that day.

drat. I love seeing the "backside" of Disney

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Hello, hello, everyone.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hiya Gum.

//yawn.
Will someone wake me up.?

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
daj59 wrote:Hiya Gum.

//yawn.
Will someone wake me up.?

//smack

Gumiho

no1 wrote://smack

Ha. I was just on my way to do that.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote://smack

Thank you sir. May I have another?

FORUM MODERATOR

Gumiho

daj59 wrote:Thank you sir. May I have another?

//smack

glad to see it's so lively here.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
daj59 wrote:Thank you sir. May I have another?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No Poof?
I'm officially worried.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Gumiho

dontwantaname wrote:No Poof?
I'm officially worried.

Poof's not back yet? It's been forever.