openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace

From what I have read, I like Josephus. If his writings were actual spoken words in a face-to-face environment, I am sure he would be believed as a credible individual worthy of consideration, a force to be reckoned with for sure.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Josephus wrote:heh. fair enough. though the crosses were not on there as a religious proclamation, but rather as a spooky graveyard sign.

Yeah, I realize that. Like I said, I think they look good, and I think just regular headstones probably would not have looked that good. But unfortunately, I just can't wear them.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
openspace wrote:If you really want to get people fired up, make a comment about how flicking the butt out the car window is littering.

It seems that nonsmokers can't understand why anyone would want to smoke, and smokers don't know how gross it is until they quit.

Are you saying it isn't littering? That some how smokers are exempt from the rules that the res of us have?

I STILL CAN'T FIND THE SHIRT! Can someone point me to it?

Still single, can't imagine why.

Fensturd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fensturd
FenStar wrote:Would love to talk to someone on AIM.

Wow, this is really getting personal now!

taerg si nef List of threads They say if you kill someone the Dark Brotherhood comes to you in your sleep.

FenStar

Fensturd wrote:Wow, this is really getting personal now!

Yes, indeed it is.

Fensturd

FenStar wrote:Yes, indeed it is.

Indeed!!!

Of course I really didn't say that but still...How rude, some people here really need to obtain a life.

taerg si nef List of threads They say if you kill someone the Dark Brotherhood comes to you in your sleep.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I'm touched that you have nothing to occupy yourself other than faux concern about how I spend my odd moments. don't concern your secret self with my life, it is a pretty good one, actually. not all bitter, 'n stuff. all happy, Fablefire-world happy, if you know what I mean. ;^)

Waiter, I'll have what he's having.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Waiter, I'll have what he's having.

you can't. it's mine. :^D

no1

Josephus wrote:you can't. it's mine. :^D

Pppppbpbpbpbtt. What are you smoking?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
no1 wrote:Pppppbpbpbpbtt. What are you smoking?

LOL!! no1 ftw!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
no1 wrote:Mr. Qubed, does the specific medium really matter? I thought it was the pervasiveness of images of people smoking that is objectionable.

i think that's what i was saying? tshirts could influence just as much as TV/Film, medium matters less than message... but are tshirts with smoking that pervasive?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:i think that's what i was saying? tshirts could influence just as much as TV/Film, medium matters less than message... but are tshirts with smoking that pervasive?

Mr Qubed,
If the medium doesn't matter, then that question doesn't matter, because it's a medium-specific question.

FenStar

My viewpoints are not wanted because I am crazy.

Josephus

no1 wrote:Pppppbpbpbpbtt. What are you smoking?

purity of heart.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Are you saying it isn't littering? That some how smokers are exempt from the rules that the res of us have?

I STILL CAN'T FIND THE SHIRT! Can someone point me to it?

Fen, did you ever find it? Its the raccoon shirt by James Cho
Rocky Raccoon in a cowboy outfit, smokin' a butt.

no1

Josephus wrote:purified heart.

Dr. J,

Is that a Chinese folk medicine?

Josephus

no1 wrote:Dr. J,

Is that a Chinese folk medicine?

first you take a raccoon, and smoke its heart...

rcf1189

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcf1189

oops, wrong thread

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
Josephus wrote:first you take a raccoon, and smoke its heart...

This is spectacularly unrelated - but I was just over in the "What state are you in?" thread and found the woot! frappr map. Dr. Joe - you're in the 20878?!

Josephus

allawayr wrote:This is spectacularly unrelated - but I was just over in the "What state are you in?" thread and found the woot! frappr map. Dr. Joe - you're in the 20878?!

actually 20882, but yeah.

allawayr

Josephus wrote:actually 20882, but yeah.

Gotcha - didn't know there was a 20882 around here. Neat!

I'm a 20878er myself.

Josephus

allawayr wrote:Gotcha - didn't know there was a 20882 around here. Neat!

I'm a 20878er myself.

Close to, but not in, Montgomery Village.
you're a local!

allawayr

Josephus wrote:Close to, but not in, Montgomery Village.
you're a local!

Ohh, okay. I know a couple people in that area. I'm in the G-burg/Darnestown area myself.

And I absolutely am - it's no wonder you have the same problems with deer that I've experienced :P

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Wow. Such genuine concern and compassion.
Hell, I think I'll go outside.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
mwiseman wrote:Wow. Such genuine concern and compassion.
Hell, I think I'll go outside.

Outside is all around us all the time.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

mwiseman

AZGman wrote:Outside is all around us all the time.

Guh? Now, that's just crazy talk, Gman!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
mwiseman wrote:Guh? Now, that's just crazy talk, Gman!

It's true; I saw it on TV.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Fensturd

AZGman wrote:It's true; I saw it on TV.

Mr. Gman is right Mr. Wiseman, there is indeed a wonderous world out there. Even populated by real people, not avatars.

Fatecoaching

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatecoaching
Fensturd wrote:Mr. Gman is right Mr. Wiseman, there is indeed a wonderous world out there. Even populated by real people, not avatars.

Damn he got zapped. I wonder who will help Joe now.

Keeping teh itarnets safe from BS, one post at a time...

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
Fensturd wrote:Mr. Gman is right Mr. Wiseman, there is indeed a wonderous world out there. Even populated by real people, not avatars.

funny...someone gave him an avatar.

mwiseman

Ummm, Mr. Turd (if I may be so bold), hiding one's already hidden identity behind yet another hidden identity leads me to believe you may be the one in need of some "time out".

Well, what do you know...

Caliwino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caliwino
mwiseman wrote:Ummm, Mr. Turd (if I may be so bold), hiding one's already hidden identity behind yet another hidden identity leads me to believe you may be the one in need of some "time out".

Yeah, they got him good. That's OK, I will help Joe...I am here for you buddy!

HiddenIdentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HiddenIdentity
mwiseman wrote:Ummm, Mr. Turd (if I may be so bold), hiding one's already hidden identity behind yet another hidden identity leads me to believe you may be the one in need of some "time out".

Leave me out of this.

mwiseman

Caliwino wrote:Yeah, they got him good. That's OK, I will help Joe...I am here for you buddy!

Wha...? Apparently, this is Release The Hounds Thursday.

Fatecoaching

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatecoaching
mwiseman wrote:Wha...? Apparently, this is Release The Hounds Thursday.

True dat. They are just lashing out! Zap! BAM!! &^#($)(& Biff!!! "Luke, Luke, I sense a disturbance in the force Luke. Be careful..."

Keeping teh itarnets safe from BS, one post at a time...

mwiseman

Heh...somebody reply to my post. Just want to prove a theory. :^P

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
mwiseman wrote:Heh...somebody reply to my post. Just want to prove a theory. :^P

Reply to this post?

mwiseman wrote:Wha...? Apparently, this is Release The Hounds Thursday.

ok--- expirement away. I need more time to draw if I get leashed anyways.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mwiseman wrote:Heh...somebody reply to my post. Just want to prove a theory. :^P

If your post was something that was probationable it would've gotten you probation and would have been deleted. So...no. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Have to add my 2 cents. I left my mom this morning. She's in an extended care hospital right now. COPD, emphysema. She's smoked for 70 years. We almost lost her a week ago. The nurses didn't expect her to make it through the night. My dad smoked, too. He died of lung cancer 20 years ago. My mom says lots of people die of lung cancer that have never smoked. Which is true. But it sure bumps up your percentages by a heck of a lot. If she makes it home, I know she's going to start smoking again and we'll have to go through the whole thing until one day her heart just stops because it's too tired to keep her lungs working. In May it will be five years since I quit. Two days ago, I left a store, was driving down the road and reached for my purse for a cigarette. It gets easier with time, but I don't think it ever goes away. I wouldn't dare ever have another cigarette. I'd never be able to go through that again.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

pooflady wrote: My mom says lots of people die of lung cancer that have never smoked. Which is true. But it sure bumps up your percentages by a heck of a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_cancer#Causes

Smoking, particularly of cigarettes, is by far the main contributor to lung cancer. In the United States, smoking is estimated to account for 87% of lung cancer cases (90% in men and 85% in women)