kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Sure can. I liked the idea that bears pack heat. Maybe I'll do the following (see if you get the joke):

He's ready to throw a big beet, and he's wearing this on his shirt:

I don't get the joke. But I don't get lots of things..

I'd be on board with a bear aiming a shotgun, I guess. But you don't have to please me, it's those hundreds of others you need to satisfy...

woo hoo! I made it to the random quote thread!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:Question: what type of bear is best?

Is it worth the joke? Or is it funny, but dumb on a shirt?

Click above for original joke.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
kenney9226 wrote:I like the idea a lot! I'd bet there's lots of us who feel like that most any morning.

But I don't like the little pistol. It's well-drawn and all. Can he be chucking a rock instead?

Agreed! A rock, or a femur would be funnier and probably get more votes..

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
kenney9226 wrote:I don't get the joke. But I don't get lots of things..

I'd be on board with a bear aiming a shotgun, I guess. But you don't have to please me, it's those hundreds of others you need to satisfy...

False. Black Bear.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Is it worth the joke? Or is it funny, but dumb on a shirt?

At this point, I don't know that I should be offering up advice on shirts. I think the joke would be funny in the right context, but I'm not sure this derby lends itself to that joke. Obviously, bears waking from hybernation is a spring thing, but I'm not sure how you can sucessfully mesh the two concepts.

I have an idea for no1--Spring Break!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
SkekTek wrote:Here's my rough sketch. The cave needs mucho work.

Comments?

perfect .but the bear needs to be in jammies..

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:At this point, I don't know that I should be offering up advice on shirts. I think the joke would be funny in the right context, but I'm not sure this derby lends itself to that joke. Obviously, bears waking from hybernation is a spring thing, but I'm not sure how you can sucessfully mesh the two concepts.

I have an idea for no1--Spring Break!

Fair enough. I'm gonna have the bear HOLD beets, but otherwise, I'll tinker and when the derby hits tomorrow, I'll reveal it.

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:perfect .but the bear needs to be in jammies..

Aw, I like the stained wife beater... and the droopy jammy-pants that show bear buttcrack.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Fair enough. I'm gonna have the bear HOLD beets, but otherwise, I'll tinker and when the derby hits tomorrow, I'll reveal it.

I'm not sure if a bear holding his "beets" would be PG-13.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:I'm not sure if a bear holding his "beets" would be PG-13.

Screw PG-13....

I see a design with some bikini top being flung out of a car window...

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Screw PG-13....

Yeah, that's definitely gonna happen. Would it pass the pg-13 test if there was a strategically placed object in front of the naughty bits, kinda like the end of Austin Power?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Screw PG-13....

In my experience, that's more of a summer activity.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:In my experience, that's more of a summer activity.

Spring Break on South Padre Island is exactly like that.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Spring Break on South Padre Island is exactly like that.

Spring Break in Vegas is exactly like January in Vegas.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
PemberDucky wrote:Spring Break in Vegas is exactly like January in Vegas.

or september, or may, or...

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

PemberDucky

Staff

TAYLORT5 wrote:or september, or may, or...

Heh, so true!
It gets really, REALLY old.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Heh, so true!
It gets really, REALLY old.

So you're saying you wish college students would invade and leave thousands of beer cans everywhere while girls flash and guys stare? Oh, wait... I think you are saying that this is the everyday life in vegas. I get it.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:So you're saying you wish college students would invade and leave thousands of beer cans everywhere while girls flash and guys stare? Oh, wait... I think you are saying that this is the everyday life in vegas. I get it.

Sometimes there's beer *bottles*, too.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Sometimes there's beer *bottles*, too.

There's the distinction. The police let people do whatever they want on the beach in Padre so long as there's no glass (at least that's how I remember it, I have been out of college a while).

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:There's the distinction. The police let people do whatever they want on the beach in Padre so long as there's no glass (at least that's how I remember it, I have been out of college a while).

Yeah, I kinda wish the plastic thing was enforced here. Also, sobriety behind the wheel would be great.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Yeah, I kinda wish the plastic thing was enforced here. Also, sobriety behind the wheel would be great.

Nobody spring breaks in South Jersey. Just us people who have too much work to go somewhere warmer.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote: Nobody spring breaks in South Jersey. Just us people who have too much work to go somewhere warmer.

We're headed to south Florida- where my wife grew up. Probably go to Miami one day, and to the beach another couple. Won't be entering the derby this week. too bad- I had a great idea.

no1

Josephus wrote:We're headed to south Florida- where my wife grew up. Probably go to Miami one day, and to the beach another couple. Won't be entering the derby this week. too bad- I had a great idea.

They don't have Internet in Florida?

Josephus

no1 wrote:They don't have Internet in Florida?

We're leaving tomorrow morning-will be driving until too late to enter with any chance of $. (Like I have any chance anyway. <shrug>)

just seems like a good time to step away for a week. I may change my mind.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Mabe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz?

No holidays, or I'd already be all over that. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Josephus wrote:We're leaving tomorrow morning-will be driving until too late to enter with any chance of $. (Like I have any chance anyway. <shrug>)

just seems like a good time to step away for a week. I may change my mind.

Will you still be able to do the judging, or should we expect delays?

Still single, can't imagine why.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote: Nobody spring breaks in South Jersey. Just us people who have too much work to go somewhere warmer.

Same with Michigan.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Schrobblehead

Josephus wrote:We're headed to south Florida- where my wife grew up. Probably go to Miami one day, and to the beach another couple. Won't be entering the derby this week. too bad- I had a great idea.

Care to share?

no1

Josephus wrote:We're leaving tomorrow morning-will be driving until too late to enter with any chance of $. (Like I have any chance anyway. <shrug>)

Barnard factor (rough (or "barnyard") number proportional to nondimensional "historically demonstrated" chances of winning) = [(# Josephus wins)/(# Josephus entries)] / [(# no1 wins)/(# no1 entries)] =

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:Barnard factor (rough (or "barnyard") number proportional to nondimensional "historically demonstrated" chances of winning) = [(# Josephus wins)/(# Josephus entries)] / [(# no1 wins)/(# no1 entries)] =

So you're saying there's a chance!

no1

FenStar wrote:Will you still be able to do the judging, or should we expect delays?

This is an either/or proposition?

Josephus

no1 wrote:Barnard factor (rough (or "barnyard") number proportional to nondimensional "historically demonstrated" chances of winning) = [(# Josephus wins)/(# Josephus entries)] / [(# no1 wins)/(# no1 entries)] =

heh. The trouble is that the barnard entries is rapidly rising toward infinity...causing the two to essentially both end up at the same number=±1

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Will you still be able to do the judging, or should we expect delays?

we don't expect an issue with that. (you think we put effort into judging? really?)

FenStar

Josephus wrote:we don't expect an issue with that. (you think we put effort into judging? really?)

BTW, are you going to try to visit any of the wooters on your way down?

Josephus

FenStar wrote:BTW, are you going to try to visit any of the wooters on your way down?

uh, no. straight shot, hotel overnight tomorrow wherever we end up. depends on when we leave. remember, there's 3 kids ≤ 12 yrs old on this trip.

anyway, not sure where in the Everglades twallis lives. :^)

FenStar

Josephus wrote:uh, no. straight shot, hotel overnight tomorrow wherever we end up. depends on when we leave. remember, there's 3 kids ≤ 12 yrs old on this trip.

anyway, not sure where in the Everglades twallis lives. :^)

Hmm... I suppose the the stress level might increase just a tad bit if you have three kids and are making additional stops.

If you ever happen to be in my area and for some reason have time to kill and can't come up with anything better to do, it would be neat to meet you. I realize the probability of such a thing happening is zilch, but I thought I would mention that just in case.

I can't think of any situation that would result in someone wanting to stop by, but there must be at least 1 situation in which that would be the case.

Josephus

FenStar wrote:Hmm... I suppose the the stress level might increase just a tad bit if you have three kids and are making additional stops.

If you ever happen to be in my area and for some reason have time to kill and can't come up with anything better to do, it would be neat to meet you. I realize the probability of such a thing happening is zilch, but I thought I would mention that just in case.

That would be fun.

Most excellently, the youngest just potty trained himself at 3yrs old. That's about a year younger than the other 2 did.

Of course, that means we'll have to stop when he needs to stop. Experience tells me we'll be making a LOT of stops.

FenStar

Josephus wrote:That would be fun.

Most excellently, the youngest just potty trained himself at 3yrs old. That's about a year younger than the other 2 did.

Of course, that means we'll have to stop when he needs to stop. Experience tells me we'll be making a LOT of stops.

Be sure to have ample entertainment and Ibuprofen.

Edit: perhaps some nyquil as well, they can't complain if they are asleep. Although, can you even give nyquil to kids?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:That would be fun.

I remember traveling with a potty in the car when I was a kid.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

PemberDucky

Staff

FenStar wrote:Be sure to have ample entertainment and Ibuprofen.

Edit: perhaps some nyquil as well, they can't complain if they are asleep. Although, can you even give nyquil to kids?

You can give them dramamine, which = instant naptime.