Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Unless it is obvious, I was just wondering where some of you came up with your user name. For instance: Andy47240 is from my name and my zip code. Yes, that one is not a good story, but some user names are pretty unique sounding like as examples....
Shigwarm
Patchitect
Skek Tek
Fablefire
Iambusyeating
daedalusknight

Andy47240

By the way I mistakenly posted this in "World of Woot Shirt", but I thought I was in "Everything but woot". Sorry.
-Andy

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

i used to talk very heavily with Ebonics.
and whenever anyone called for me, i would say Yo... still do, but ive lost most of the other slang and enunciation long ago.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Sailor = from my favorite anime, Sailor Moon
Butterfly = I like butterflies

Nothing too special about it. hehe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

I'll explain as soon as I finish my dinner.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Moved to EBW for ya.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

I was given the nickname worm as a kid and I'm 6'5".

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
tallworm wrote:I was given the nickname worm as a kid and I'm 6'5".

Ill bet you wish they nicknamed you Poor.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

I don't think mine requires explanation. ^_^

But if you disagree, I'm 5'3. And I'm awesome. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

tallworm wrote:I was given the nickname worm as a kid and I'm 6'5".

O.MG you're a foot and four inches taller than I am...that's crazy!!!

As for my name: Pember = Dr. Katz reference wherein Ben, Dr. Katz's loser son, launches into a lofty rambling about how lovely it would be to have a bulldog with a derby hat and name him Mr. Pemberton (although I am a female). Please, somebody tell me you used to watch Dr. Katz.
Ducky = I apparently was not so good at moving my arms when walking. I think I've got it down to an art now!

The name was bestowed upon me by a dear, dear friend about ten years ago and continues to suit me well, I'd say.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Both a reference to my parenting style and a homage to my favorite barbarian leader.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Here's the origin of SkekTek:

He's the scientist Skeksis from The Dark Crystal. And I'm a scientist (biologist) in the real world. So it fit- my favorite movie and my career.

Here's a blurb about him

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Schrute Bobblehead
Schrute =as in Dwight Schrute from the Office
Bobblehead=as in Dwight has a bobblehad that looks like him.

I named a fantasy basketball team the Schrute Bobbleheads, and when I started needing a screenname I combined the two.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:Schrute Bobblehead

I named a fantasy basketball team the Schrute Bobbleheads, and when I started needing a screenname I combined the two.

Funny, I've never noticed the "H" in there... I read it as scrobblehead...

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:Funny, I've never noticed the "H" in there... I read it as scrobblehead...

sounds weird like that. Not that it otherwise sounds great.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:Schrute Bobblehead

Best prank ever for the show, just above the Future Dwight

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:sounds weird like that. Not that it otherwise sounds great.

Maybe but I didn't get the reference anyway so it's not like it changes anything for me. ^_~

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

waacodemon is mine

i misstyped it, l.ol
was supposed to be Wacco Demon
I played a online game, called ogame.
name there was Demon Hunter
the alliance i made there was Waac- We are all Crazy, and we would commonly refer to ourselves as Wacco's!
hence, waacodemon, but outside of ogame, i like to use waccodemon. l.ol looks better, and i dont play that game anymore btw. used to, and liked the name Demon Hunter (Great band btw)

I once ate a cricket.

Schrobblehead

superspryte wrote:Maybe but I didn't get the reference anyway so it's not like it changes anything for me. ^_~

I don't think anyone got the reference, but it wasn't really meant to be obvious that way. I also liked having a name that sounds like a unique name. I could have been Wampa-One, but no-one would have got that reference either.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:I don't think anyone got the reference, but it wasn't really meant to be obvious that way. I also liked having a name that sounds like a unique name. I could have been Wampa-One, but no-one would have got that reference either.

Mine's enough for me. I'm small and like cute things. The name sounds cute. Therefore it's a win. ^_^

PS - and the Y is to avoid comparisons with the soda.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

"no1" is "no one," not "number one."

no1

superspryte wrote:Mine's enough for me. I'm small and like cute things. The name sounds cute. Therefore it's a win. ^_^

PS - and the Y is to avoid comparisons with the soda.

Any influence from the character "Kitty Pryde" of X-Men?

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy

thought mine was easy

coffee::: gotta have it
no:::: when i dont have it
grumpy::: i get this way

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

mia - first initials of my 3 kids. It's in birth order, but I also like the idea that sometimes they are MIA. My friend's 4 kids spell out SAFE. I find it amusing.

3 - # of kids, # of dogs

mom - what I do for much of the day.

I don't have a cool username because I just like having 1 username everywhere, otherwise I get all confused. Or more confused, that is.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Any influence from the character "Kitty Pryde" of X-Men?

Nope. ^_^

Andy47240

waacodemon wrote:and liked the name Demon Hunter (Great band btw)

One of my favorite new bands lately!
-Andy

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Iambusyeating wrote:I'll explain as soon as I finish my dinner.

Your name is how I feel when telemarketers call. But mine would start with an expletive. I love your math shirt btw.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
coffeenogrumpy wrote:thought mine was easy

coffee::: gotta have it
no:::: when i dont have it
grumpy::: i get this way

and here I thought it meant that giving you coffee would make you not grumpy

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters

My username is pretty much my name...just different.

www.c8-bit.com

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy
jqubed wrote:and here I thought it meant that giving you coffee would make you not grumpy

erm... yup.. lil' bit

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

mines self explanatory, My favorite guitar. I find it wierd that people call me "taylor" but when I put it out there...what can I say. my fault. soilidbodies are out now, who woulda thought. but taylors look and feel beautiful. anyways there ya have it. picture time. custom koa =)

p.s. I don't have one as of yet...but if you all wanna go in on one for me...they cost a lot.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

piccnikk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piccnikk

I played the piccolo in college and my name is Nikki.

I don't go on all that many picnics...

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

I work for a non-profit organiz. that does rabbit rescue and I massage those sweet rabbits.

121 Woots and counting

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
bunnymasseuse wrote:I work for a non-profit organiz. that does rabbit rescue and I massage those sweet rabbits.

You posted that once before and I had to do some research because I really didn't believe there was such an occupation. I owe you an apology, there is.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bunnymasseuse wrote:I work for a non-profit organiz. that does rabbit rescue and I massage those sweet rabbits.

Are bunnies the animal that can be put into a trance like state with massage?
Lynn mentioned some animal that did.

My vet only does bunnies, cats and pocket pets, like my rats.
I don't know if she does birds.

I use to massage Splinter. He liked it. The new guys aren't use to it yet. They aren't happy being on their backs. Still think somehow they can beat me in a fight yet!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I use to massage Splinter. He liked it. The new guys aren't use to it yet. They aren't happy being on their backs.

Ms. Name,

would you be happy if a stranger started massaging your chest?!? Try putting them right side up when you massage them!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

We have totally hijacked the thread.

Returned to intended use!
All I wanted was a watch, not a name.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Are bunnies the animal that can be put into a trance like state with massage?
Lynn mentioned some animal that did.

My vet only does bunnies, cats and pocket pets, like my rats.
I don't know if she does birds.

I use to massage Splinter. He liked it. The new guys aren't use to it yet. They aren't happy being on their backs. Still think somehow they can beat me in a fight yet!

Did you celebrate?
http://www.worldratday.com/WhatIs.html

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown