kenney9228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenney9228
superspryte wrote:We know who you are. ^_~

just how many other kenneys must there be in order for you to not think all of them are me?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9228 wrote:
just how many other kenneys must there be in order for you to not think all of them are me?

Until you move cross country and get a new IP. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

HiddenIdentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HiddenIdentity
kenney9228 wrote:

you dummy.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
HiddenIdentity wrote:you dummy.

Watch your language, you meanie, or all of you are gonna get me probationed again!

jwbatey3rd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwbatey3rd
no1 wrote:

Love your drawings.
Edit: still under his account...it's terry

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:Watch your language, you meanie, or all of you are gonna get me probationed again!

You better not, or I'm driving down there and personally kick your tail.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:You better not, or I'm driving down there and personally lick your tail.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
no1 wrote:

bump

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

no1 wrote:

Don't edit like that! It scares me! Can I vote for someone to get booted now?

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:If you hate mean people and want to get them permanently banished from woot please sign this petition by posting your concerns here.

So how do you go about IDing mean people? Unpopular vote? Panel of woot judges/executioners? How is "mean" defined? Just a disagreement of opinion between two wooters? Who draws the line(s)?

I think someone already mentioned the problem of availability of alternate usernames.

no1

SkekTek wrote:

Don't edit like that! It scares me! Can I vote for someone to get booted now?

Vote here.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:So how do you go about IDing mean people? Unpopular vote? Panel of woot judges/executioners? How is "mean" defined? Just a disagreement of opinion between two wooters? Who draws the line(s)?

I think someone already mentioned the problem of availability of alternate usernames.

they can mostly be identified by the ip address, I believe, though that's more complex, and if its a PITA, they won't do it casually. though if it were easy, whenever we annoy d'name, we'd be booted, no doubt.

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:Vote here.

That's pretty funny.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:So how do you go about IDing mean people? Unpopular vote? Panel of woot judges/executioners? How is "mean" defined? Just a disagreement of opinion between two wooters? Who draws the line(s)?

This thread is actually an elaborate plot to get 1 person kicked out. Either that or it was an April Fools Joke

kenney9226

Schrobblehead wrote:That's pretty funny.

I'll tell you what isn't funny, it's how all you meanies hijacked this simple thread.

I clicked on here to see some names being named, and all I get is this frivolity and dancing around the issue of who wants to be the first to accuse someone else of being mean and worthy of being kicked off woot!

I'm going to go on the record and say that DarthV8r, with his 1337 way of 5|>311eye|\|6 his name ought to be banned. That guy all he does is show up, design awesome nahewhal shirts, create secret societies, and last post every now and then. But what do we REALLY KNOW about DarthV8r? I say kick him off woot until he has the sense to remove all numbers from his login ID.

Who is with me?

no1

Josephus wrote:they can mostly be identified by the ip address, I believe, though that's more complex, and if its a PITA, they won't do it casually. though if it were easy, whenever we annoy d'name, we'd be booted, no doubt.

I think a lot of people woot from work. I thought many IP addresses often stop at the company firewall, and just ID the company router. Can the mods see info behind the firewall and ID the individual? If not, hypothetically speaking, would you ban everyone from Microsoft?

Josephus

no1 wrote:I think a lot of people woot from work. I thought many IP addresses often stop at the company firewall, and just ID the company router. Can the mods see info behind the firewall and ID the individual? If not, hypothetically speaking, would you ban everyone from Microsoft?

well, duh. of course I would. also Dell, and, hmm, oh yeah! NETGEAR. They won't make a wireless adapter that is WINXP 64 compatible. What good was it for me to buy WINXP 64 a year and a half ago, when I can't log on to the interweb with it since I can't connect via my wireless network? I'd damned sure ban Netgear.

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
no1 wrote:...would you ban everyone from Microsoft?

First candidate has been named. Who agrees with anyone who works at M$? In for three!

Life goes on...and on...and on...

no1

Josephus wrote:well, duh. of course I would. also Dell, and, hmm, oh yeah! NETGEAR. They won't make a wireless adapter that is WINXP 64 compatible. What good was it for me to buy WINXP 64 a year and a half ago, when I can't log on to the interweb with it since I can't connect via my wireless network? I'd damned sure ban Netgear.

I'm pretty sure you need to install both WinXP64 and the wireless adapter on a computer before they would work together.

Josephus

no1 wrote:I'm pretty sure you need to install both WinXP64 and the wireless adapter on a computer before they would work together.

can't. it won't let me install the adapter. not compatible.

no1

Josephus wrote:well, duh. of course I would. also Dell, and, hmm, oh yeah! NETGEAR. They won't make a wireless adapter that is WINXP 64 compatible. What good was it for me to buy WINXP 64 a year and a half ago, when I can't log on to the interweb with it since I can't connect via my wireless network? I'd damned sure ban Netgear.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_x64faq.mspx

Why is there no Home x64 Edition of Windows XP? Who should buy Windows XP Professional X64 Edition?
A.These are closely related questions. The initial target audience for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is anyone who is running into performance and memory limits on their 32-bit systems, for example, developers, media artists, CAD/CAM, scientific workstations and enthusiasts who are running the most demanding applications, and who require the capabilities of the Professional Edition of Windows XP. Windows XP Home Edition is targeted at the home user and has fewer features. At this point, especially with the current limited driver support, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not targeted at the casual home user.

I have no sympathy for media artists and scientists with workstations.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
no1 wrote:I'm pretty sure you need to install both WinXP64 and the wireless adapter on a computer before they would work together.

You've got a lot of nerve!! Trying to resolve issues with solutions . . . what kind of attitude is that?!?!?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Vote here.

Just by the link, I ain't going there...

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy

no1

SkekTek wrote:Just by the link, I ain't going there...

It's actually quite safe for work, as long as work doesn't mind random web surfing.

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:It's actually quite safe for work, as long as work doesn't mind random web surfing.

is this one grounds for getting you probation? totally safe for work.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
superspryte wrote:We know who you are. ^_~

We know who you are!

Josephus

no1 wrote:I have no sympathy for media artists and scientists with workstations.

hater.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:We know who you are!

I don't even know who I am . . .

<dammm old-timers' disease>

AZGman

Josephus wrote:hater?

Not 'til I met 'er.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:I have no sympathy for media artists and scientists with workstations.

ummm, love you too, No1

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

TJosephus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TJosephus

hater.

AZGman

Is a "casual home user" someone who changes houses when the old one gets dirty? If so, I don't qualify as one.

AZGman

TJosephus wrote:hater.

Isn't that what Southerners use in their homes during winter?

coffeenogrumpy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coffeenogrumpy

AZGman

coffeenogrumpy wrote:uh huh..
unless they get awl

That just means they'd have an awl hater.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

It isn't? Good thing I didn't buy that netgear wireless router I was looking at then. That would totally have sucked.

On an unrelated note, I vote we ban AttilaTheMom for being unfunny in derby forum posts and daring to hate on the ascii designs. Plus I have it on good authority she hates that melancholic alcoholic poe. (hey, an incidental rhyme! )

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AZGman

AttilaTheMom wrote:It isn't? Good thing I didn't buy that netgear wireless router I was looking at then. That would totally have sucked.

On an unrelated note, I vote we ban AttilaTheMom for being unfunny in derby forum posts and daring to hate on the ascii designs. Plus I have it on good authority she hates that melancholic alcoholic poe. (hey, an incidental rhyme! )

Not much a fan of ol' Edgar, myself.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

AttilaTheMom wrote:It isn't? Good thing I didn't buy that netgear wireless router I was looking at then. That would totally have sucked.

There really are far superior alcoholics in literature.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kenney9226

AttilaTheMom wrote: I vote we ban AttilaTheMom for being unfunny in derby forum posts and daring to hate on the ascii designs.

AZGman wrote:Not much a fan of ol' Edgar, myself.

Okay so we have the following three nominations:

1) DarthV8r, for having an unnecessary and confusing "8" in his name
2) AttilaTheMom, for having consistently pitiful attempts at humor
3) Edgar, for being too old.

That's what I was hoping to see here.

More names!
More names!

Let's kick 'em all out!