pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:not me

Night Poof!

Night. Me, too.

Night all. Tomorrow.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks; cya later folks . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli

Good Morning -sort of. Didn't sleep well and don't feel well this morning. Ugh. Is it bedtime yet?

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks; cya later folks . . .

Good morning, AZG and selli, and everyone else! I'm headed to get ready for the day! Have to do a lot around the house so I can leave tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending time with KT.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
tennbeekeeper wrote:Good morning, AZG and selli, and everyone else! I'm headed to get ready for the day! Have to do a lot around the house so I can leave tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending time with KT.

Morning bee, G, and sell-i... hope you have fun with KT...

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:morning all.

hiya cruzer!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Hey, folks, I canceled my Costco membership last week because their new milk jug design stinks, but I am still able to buy gas at the Costco gas pumps with my Costco American Express card!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Hey, folks, I canceled my Costco membership last week because their new milk jug design stinks, but I am still able to buy gas at the Costco gas pumps with my Costco American Express card!

You're in Costcotopia!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:Hey, folks, I canceled my Costco membership last week because their new milk jug design stinks...

THOSE BASTARDS!

selli

kenney9226 wrote:Hey, folks, I canceled my Costco membership last week because their new milk jug design stinks, but I am still able to buy gas at the Costco gas pumps with my Costco American Express card!

Wow. Doesn't take much to irk you, does it? What's wrong with the milk jug?

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Josephus wrote:THOSE BASTARDS!

Tell me about it! The new design has a foil safety seal that kids can't peel off, and the spout is on the corner so milk just glub glubbed out at the slightest tip of the jug, spilling all over the place.

And although I sort of mastered that, there's STILL an UNSTOPPABLE last drip that slides down the side and turns into a crusty trail of flaky white residue.

One gallon even had a slimy "milk pudding" ring form around it.

Costco changed the design because it saves them ten cents per gallon. I complained to the manager there and was told that everyone's changing to this new design so suck it up!

We go through about 6 gallons of milk a week at my house, and I was not going to put up with this!

The new design causes about fifty cents of trouble, so instead of learning to live with it I quit and joined BJ's, which is just as close to my house, has a cheaper membership fee, and lets me use whatever credit card I want to use!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning all!

//steers clear of Knney and his milk tirade.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

selli

kenney9226 wrote:Tell me about it! The new design has a foil safety seal that kids can't peel off, and the spout is on the corner so milk just glub glubbed out at the slightest tip of the jug, spilling all over the place.

And although I sort of mastered that, there's STILL an UNSTOPPABLE last drip that slides down the side and turns into a crusty trail of flaky white residue.

Costco changed the design because it saves them ten cents per gallon. I complained to the manager there and was told that everyone's changing to this new design so suck it up!

We go through about 6 gallons of milk a week at my house, and I was not going to put up with this!

The new design causes about fifty cents of trouble, so instead of learning to live with it I quit and joined BJ's, which is just as close to my house, has a cheaper membership fee, and lets me use whatever credit card I want to use!

A quick google search to see the nefarious new jug yielded several unhappy bloggers.

Like this one... Looks like you're not alone Kneney.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I dislike the new detergent jugs:

I have no wish to store my detergent on its side to drip out. Pouring it out of the spout is hard when the handle is on the same side as the spout.

I didn't cancel any memberships though.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everyone.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Morning everyone.

Morning Poof.

It's 75 outside. My office is 68. I have a sweater on and the heater going. Sigh.

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
daj59 wrote:I dislike the new detergent jugs:

I have no wish to store my detergent on its side to drip out. Pouring it out of the spout is hard when the handle is on the same side as the spout.

Maybe this guy could use some for his hair.

Edit: if he is a guy that is.

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
kenney9226 wrote:Tell me about it! The new design has a foil safety seal that kids can't peel off, and the spout is on the corner so milk just glub glubbed out at the slightest tip of the jug, spilling all over the place.

What losers, good thing I don't shop there I would blast them with my laser pegleg and then take there arms and smack them with'em

selli

peglegwookie wrote:What losers, good thing I don't shop there I would blast them with my laser pegleg and then take there arms and smack them with'em

Hey Pegleg - how's the baby doing?

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
selli wrote:A quick google search to see the nefarious new jug yielded several unhappy bloggers.

Like this one... Looks like you're not alone Kneney.

<milk_rant> Sam's Club is using the same design as well. We stopped getting milk there because of them...they are horrible! </milk_rant>

Morning everyone!

Life goes on...and on...and on...

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
spongebrain wrote:<milk_rant> Sam's Club is using the same design as well. We stopped getting milk there because of them...they are horrible! </milk_rant>

Morning everyone!

sure is ugly looking.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:sure is ugly looking.

Our Sam's is still selling the old style jug...

Well, off to deal with the car, and stop posting for a while.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

//waiting patiently for pictures of everyone's "jugs."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:I dislike the new detergent jugs:

I had my first problem with that design this week.
I have a shelf right above the washer, so it wasn't any sort of a problem for me. I was glad I didn't have to lift it.
But, this weekend the Tide with bleach, which I don't use that often because I don't like the smell, got a hole in it!
Now, it leaked onto the top of the washer, which is very cleanable. But now I had to store it upright, sort of like the picture.
It is still almost full and now I have to juggle this huge, heavy container every time I need it.
Plus when the kids are home, they are going to put it back the right way.
Who am I kidding? They don't do laundry!

I think all detergent bottles are going to change into more concentrated formula, soon.
I don't drink enough milk to be involved in that war.
Besides no two people in the house can decide on the same milk
Hubby= skim
me= 1%
son= milk of the day, in other words in the past year it was skim, whole, soy. I just call when he is coming home and ask what milk to buy.
daughter= well, she doesn't really live here, but until she signs a lease and has a job that can support her, we pretend she does. I'm hoping to be able to use her closet space as my own by the time she is 30.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:daughter= well, she doesn't really live here, but until she signs a lease and has a job that can support her, we pretend she does. I'm hoping to be able to use her closet space as my own by the time she is 30.

Ms. Name,

Perhaps if you start putting stuff in her closet, she will be motivated to find a job with a living wage. What is the state of her employment?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

peglegwookie wrote:What losers, good thing I don't shop there I would blast them with my laser pegleg and then take there arms and smack them with'em

Hi wookie!
They have really cute baby clothes.
Not stuff my mom buys, the stuff they actually wear.

When do we get a picture??????????
How is daddyhood?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:When do we get a picture??????????

Don't do it, Adm. Wookie! Ms. Name is a baby stalker!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I think all detergent bottles are going to change into more concentrated formula, soon.
I don't drink enough milk to be involved in that war.

Ms. Name,

I imagine soon, to save money, they will put detergent and milk in the same bottle. Hope those labels don't fall off!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,

Perhaps if you start putting stuff in her closet, she will be motivated to find a job with a living wage. What is the state of her employment?

Well, journalism pays next to nothing.
But now she is paying everything but her insurances...health and car.
But she is taking the law school exam soon. That would be another 3 years or so of not geting a good paying job.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

Grrr. I just saw that cult spokesman on TV, answering a question about why the older men were allegedly having sex with underage girls.

"Let me ask you. If you had a teen-aged daughter, would you be able to stop her from undertaking such activity, if she chose to go that way? You, you would not."

Stupid interviewer apparently didn't give him the logical response:
"Of course you could prevent her. The adult men who were abusing her could refrain, as any civilized human would do, you perverted dead weasels hole."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Don't do it, Adm. Wookie! Ms. Name is a baby stalker!

Yes, I carry that picture of a nose everywhere and compare it to every baby I see!
Except I have a baby nose and miss1 is getting old. I'll need the toddler nose and foot soon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:Well, journalism pays next to nothing.
But now she is paying everything but her insurances...health and car.
But she is taking the law school exam soon. That would be another 3 years or so of not geting a good paying job.

followed by a rapid change into a devil daughter who will sue you for not giving her the best room in the house and providing party money.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Grrr. I just saw that cult spokesman on TV, answering a question about why the older men were allegedly having sex with underage girls.

"Let me ask you. If you had a teen-aged daughter, would you be able to stop her from undertaking such activity, if she chose to go that way? You, you would not."

Stupid interviewer apparently didn't give him the logical response:
"Of course you could prevent her. The adult men who were abusing her could refrain, as any civilized human would do, you perverted dead weasels hole."

I'm still confused on that story.
They don't let the young men marry, so how do they have old men in the group?
I saw that the boys are sometimes kicked out of the compound and since they were raised to believe they are sinners if they don't live that life style, many become drug addicts since they think they are doomed to hell anyway.

It is just strange.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Except I have a baby nose and miss1 is getting old. I'll need the toddler nose and foot soon.

And I thought it was bad when taxes were costing me an arm and a leg.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:And I thought it was bad when taxes were costing me an arm and a leg.

What exactly are you afraid of????
I don't have a dog because I know I don't want to get up early to walk it.
I know you can't ignore babies.
I don't want a baby!
I just want to play with her and give her right back!
I'm thinking an hour would do it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:What exactly are you afraid of????
I don't have a dog because I know I don't want to get up early to walk it.
I know you can't ignore babies.
I don't want a baby!

you ought to be talking to your daughter or son about this, i'm thinking.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:

Ms. Name,

Someday Miss 1 will be famous. I don't want her to be haunted by my nutty posts.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I'm still confused on that story.
They don't let the young men marry, so how do they have old men in the group?
I saw that the boys are sometimes kicked out of the compound and since they were raised to believe they are sinners if they don't live that life style, many become drug addicts since they think they are doomed to hell anyway.

It is just strange.

They're called the Lost Boys. We did several big features on the group in St. George. They are young, disenfranchised and pretty much chalked up to a 'lost cause' by many. It is a very sad thing to see.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Don't do it, Adm. Wookie! Ms. Name is a baby stalker!

And no1 is just a general stalker!