superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:Agreed with all of the above.

I just saw a great "I like cheese" t-shirt somewhere... My friend's son says that all the time, or at least when he isn't saying "I like pie"

I don't like fake (soy) cheese, but can't eat real (dairy) cheese any more. I used to love cheese.

I really hope your shirt gets printed, it's the one I want most. Of course, I seem to be a jinx - anything I want to win doesn't. Though I did like the hermit crabs, even tho I wanted Mine! more. Gotta work on this jinx/sending people to 4th+ place thing...

I died a little inside when the PI shirt didn't get printed. I seriously want that shirt something fierce.

I <3 pie. And I <3 cheese more. I've bought both cheese offerings from wine.woot...and I live alone. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Where does the "I like pie" thing come from? My 9 year old boy says that all the time, although he doesn't appear to.

like pie, I mean.

From here, perhaps? That's a pretty old toon. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:I've bought both cheese offerings from wine.woot...and I live alone. ^_~

Cause and effect?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Cause and effect?

Unlikely. I am not lactose intolerant.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
superspryte wrote:I died a little inside when the PI shirt didn't get printed. I seriously want that shirt something fierce.

I <3 pie. And I <3 cheese more. I've bought both cheese offerings from wine.woot...and I live alone. ^_~

Try to remember to let me know when they have cheese over there on oldfolks.woot.com.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks!

How's my favorite pool of designers doing this evening?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Try to remember to let me know when they have cheese over there on oldfolks.woot.com.

They had it week before last so it'll be another few months before the next offering...and they probably won't risk it once it heats up outside so not until fall.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:Try to remember to let me know when they have cheese over there on oldfolks.woot.com.

If you ever go through north Ohio (to say, Lake Erie or Cedar Point), be sure to stop here- Cheese Haven.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:If you ever go through north Ohio (to say, Lake Erie or Cedar Point), be sure to stop here- Cheese Haven.

*drool*

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:If you ever go through north Ohio (to say, Lake Erie or Cedar Point), be sure to stop here- Cheese Haven.

wow. <hides link from dairy-eating husband>

I loved stopping at one of the Italian markets in Boston on my way home from work. Fresh mozzarella in water...

Yah, I'll probably have to test the dairy thing again.. thanks guys.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:wow. <hides link from dairy-eating husband>

I loved stopping at one of the Italian markets in Boston on my way home from work. Fresh mozzarella in water...

Yah, I'll probably have to test the dairy thing again.. thanks guys.

Lactose intolerance is overrated anyway. ^_~

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Lactose intolerance is overrated anyway. ^_~

Yeah, what's a little nausea, diarrhea, bloating and gas next to the buttery goodness of a good dill havarti or smoked gouda!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, what's a little nausea, diarrhea, bloating and gas next to the buttery goodness of a good dill havarti or smoked gouda!

I wouldn't know. ^_~

PS - My dad was (is? not sure if he still cares) lactose intolerant and he was able to pop some pills to help it. Problem solved. Probablty doesn't work for everyone, but what's the big deal if you can take a couple pills with your cheese and milk?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

I wonder if kls has been there? I'm pretty sure she passes by there going to their island place...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SkekTek

AttilaTheMom wrote:I wonder if kls has been there? I'm pretty sure she passes by there going to their island place...

They go to Put-In-Bay or one of those Ohio islands?

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
superspryte wrote:...

I wouldn't know. ^_~

PS - My dad was (is? not sure if he still cares) lactose intolerant and he was able to pop some pills to help it. Problem solved. Probablty doesn't work for everyone, but what's the big deal if you can take a couple pills with your cheese and milk?

I'll answer this one:

I'm violently lactose intolerant, the last time I drank a glass of milk I vomited across a room... literally. If I take two lactaid ultra (it's like taking 6 regular lactaid) I can almost get through a bowl of ice cream, but I'll have explosive diahrrea within a few hours.

The only cool part is that I'll feel drunk for a few minutes before I explode, so if I start talking funny back away quickly.

Cheese nowadays is mostly salt and oil so I can handle pizza, but whipped cream will kill me dead.

most lactards aren't as bad as myself and just get farty... like my wife.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
dekonstruct wrote:too many things I'll never forget.

WOW.

*shudders*

My day is ruined. Glad I don't have food allergies or intolerances.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AttilaTheMom

Schrobblehead wrote:WOW.

*shudders*

My day is ruined. Glad I don't have food allergies or intolerances.

I'm violently allergic to (of all the stupid things) bell peppers. I explode out both ends while running through all the anaphlactic shock symptoms, then (if the world is being kind) I pass out.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:Life coach? What?

In a nutshell, somebody completely dedicated to supporting you on the road to success.
Outside the nutshell, part of a larger leadership program with which I am involved.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AttilaTheMom

Schrobblehead wrote:
At least rock star has milk thistle. Whatever that really does.

It really gives me migraines. Ditto for anything with nutrasweet/apartame.

AttilaTheMom

SkekTek wrote:They go to Put-In-Bay or one of those Ohio islands?

I want to say kelly's island but I could be wrong.

mia3mom

dekonstruct wrote:I'll answer this one:

I'm violently lactose intolerant

yeah, welcome to my world.

plus 3 girls who can't have dairy.

We also have Celiac disease, and my 4 year old is anaphylacic to berries. So really, no dairy isn't a big deal. unless I see a reese's cup or some good cheese. *sigh* But I'd rather avoid cheese/dairy than be sick for a few days. ditto on rather not have wheat/gluten than be sick for a few days.

But hey - my 10 year old submitted an entry!

Re: 1998 - The moon

She drew it on paper, then we scanned it into GIMP, and then she redrew lines and everything. It took from late-thursday until now, but she did it. Her previous "entries" never made it off the paper, so if nothing else, I'm proud of her for trying.

She has a really good sense of color, I'm impressed with how she made her topic pop.

AttilaTheMom

mia3mom wrote:But hey - my 10 year old submitted an entry!

WTG!

dekonstruct

mia3mom wrote:She drew it on paper, then we scanned it into GIMP, and then she redrew lines and everything. It took from late-thursday until now, but she did it. Her previous "entries" never made it off the paper, so if nothing else, I'm proud of her for trying.

She has a really good sense of color, I'm impressed with how she made her topic pop.

That's really sweet! Someday I hope to have a ten year old that is that cool.

Celiac is one thing I'm truly glad to not have, being tested for it was horror enough. I hear gluten isn't really that good for you anyway. Who knows, in the future they may label gluten a toxin like they seem to be doing with all the artificial sweeteners these days.

Time to plant a garden methinks.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

hey, sorry to have a derby question, but when do submissions end? Wednesday at noon? or today at noon?

Schrobblehead

dekonstruct wrote:That's really sweet! Someday I hope to have a ten year old that is that cool.

Celiac is one thing I'm truly glad to not have, being tested for it was horror enough. I hear gluten isn't really that good for you anyway. Who knows, in the future they may label gluten a toxin like they seem to be doing with all the artificial sweeteners these days.

Time to plant a garden methinks.

Artificial sweeteners are a toxin? Sugar makes me feel worse. Is that a toxin?

Garden is probably a good idea anyways. I recently found a house for sale on a one-acre lot in the city in my price range. I would love to have a greenhouse garden, but the house will probably sell by the time my wife and I are ready to buy (about 2 months). I can only hope the market will be too slow and keep that house around.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Artificial sweeteners are a toxin? Sugar makes me feel worse. Is that a toxin?

Sugar makes me feel happy.
Until, you know, the crash. And then it's unpleasant.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Sugar makes me feel happy.
Until, you know, the crash. And then it's unpleasant.

I have scars from the crash. Head-monitor collissions aren't fun.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I have scars from the crash. Head-monitor collissions aren't fun.

I know! If only monitors were made of sponge cake.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:I know! If only monitors were made of sponge cake.

Mmm... sponge cake monitors...

mia3mom

Josephus wrote:hey, sorry to have a derby question, but when do submissions end? Wednesday at noon? or today at noon?

Wednesday at noon. but you probably already figured that out.

and everything *can* be a toxin. I know people who are allergic to almost everything. But sugar is goooood... loooove sugar..... Where's my Pepsi/Coke? and my candy?

mia3mom

dear lord.

my daughter's in the hotness...

this is absurd

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:dear lord.

this is absurd

She just passed Cho's duck! woohoo!!!!

PemberDucky

Staff

mia3mom wrote:dear lord.

this is absurd

Why is it absurd?

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Why is it absurd?

I used the wrong word. hysterical?

but a not-quite-10 year old's drawing in the hotness is funny to me. But then I'm the one who let her enter.

She wanted to be the youngest contributor, and that seemed to happen.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:She just passed Cho's duck! woohoo!!!!

lol she voted for yours and fable's

part of me letting her have an account is that occasionally I pull out the "I'm the mom" and "encourage" a vote.

Maybe I should've had more kids for more votes... ;)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:hey, sorry to have a derby question, but when do submissions end? Wednesday at noon? or today at noon?

Wednesday. ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dekonstruct wrote:I'll answer this one:

I'm violently lactose intolerant, the last time I drank a glass of milk I vomited across a room... literally. If I take two lactaid ultra (it's like taking 6 regular lactaid) I can almost get through a bowl of ice cream, but I'll have explosive diahrrea within a few hours.

The only cool part is that I'll feel drunk for a few minutes before I explode, so if I start talking funny back away quickly.

Cheese nowadays is mostly salt and oil so I can handle pizza, but whipped cream will kill me dead.

most lactards aren't as bad as myself and just get farty... like my wife.

Ick.

Still ick.

dekonstruct

mia3mom wrote:I used the wrong word. hysterical?

but a not-quite-10 year old's drawing in the hotness is funny to me. But then I'm the one who let her enter.

For this derby yeah, if we knew the age of heather pickens though, that could be a problem for youngest contender ever.

Time to vote for your daughter!

Sorry I grossed everyone out with my life story. I'm sure it'll come back to me when I have kidlets.

PemberDucky

Staff

mia3mom wrote:I used the wrong word. hysterical?

I guess it's funny. Although I have to say it doesn't surprise me at all that a kid could fare well. Their imaginations are sharp and untarnished. Skillz is skillz, you know...?

On an unrelated note, I've been spending the past few hours avoiding the creepy and unrelenting stare of a lurky co-worker. He keeps trying to catch my glance to like...talk to me, and I'll bury myself into my papers or whatever. Normally, I have no problem striking up conversations with people, but this dude gives me the willies.