mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
superspryte wrote:$3.55 here.

And congrats on the black wootqube. And yeah it's going to be a sweet lappy, especially because it's not a macbook (because it will actually run the programs I need, woo!). ^_~

talk to the hand :P MacBooks rock. all the good programs run on it. Sure, at 300dpi GIMP runs slowly, but it doesn't crash. I just need more RAM (1g now)

I am faaar too attached to my MacBook. Admittedly, I've been off and on bedrest for the past 2 1/2 years, so without a laptop I'm incommunicado.

You'll be able to get sweet accessories in Japan tho, I am in lust for a sushi USB drive

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
BillSPrestonEsq wrote:Shut up, Ted!

Something's afoot at the Circle K...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mia3mom wrote:You'll be able to get sweet accessories in Japan tho, I am in lust for a sushi USB drive

//wonders if there is a USB accessory to make sushi

TedTheodoreLogan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TedTheodoreLogan
shan24 wrote:Something's afoot at the Circle K...

That's non non-heinous!

Bill's mom is hot!!!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
TedTheodoreLogan wrote:That's non non-heinous!

Be excellent to each other.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

BillSPrestonEsq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BillSPrestonEsq

Shut up, Ted!

Shut up, Ted!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

Bill and Ted were great, but these guys were better yet. Love the Dogma movie!

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:Bill and Ted were great, but these guys were better yet. Love the Dogma movie!

You are the ones that are the B*@# lickers!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mia3mom

I agree with Webfoot - the Dogma guys rock (even if I can't remember their names....

Has the rejectionator always been snarky? Rejected because: Not PG-13, jerkface.

and ugh on people posting nastiness, then going back and editing it before they can be probated.

OK, time for some more fresh air. I spent money here and for birthday party invitations for my almost-10, and I'm avoiding work. Best to avoid work out in the sunshine. Maybe dog with UTI will perk up outside.

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:I agree with Webfoot - the Dogma guys rock (even if I can't remember their names....

Has the rejectionator always been snarky? Rejected because: Not PG-13, jerkface.

and ugh on people posting nastiness, then going back and editing it before they can be probated.

OK, time for some more fresh air. I spent money here and for birthday party invitations for my almost-10, and I'm avoiding work. Best to avoid work out in the sunshine. Maybe dog with UTI will perk up outside.

They got their own movie and people still don't know Jay and his hetero-life-mate Silent Bob?

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:They got their own movie and people still don't know Jay and his hetero-life-mate Silent Bob?

dang, now I know it!

sorry.

I do have an excuse - other than the part where I rarely watch movies - I am on a bunch of meds 'cos of chronic pain, and as a result of either the meds or the chronic pain, my memory is wretched. My almost-10 reminds me of things. I can commiserate with my grandmothers about forgetting things. Always a good thing.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mia3mom wrote:dang, now I know it!

sorry.

I do have an excuse - other than the part where I rarely watch movies - I am on a bunch of meds 'cos of chronic pain, and as a result of either the meds or the chronic pain, my memory is wretched. My almost-10 reminds me of things. I can commiserate with my grandmothers about forgetting things. Always a good thing.

When I was severely ill, I went through a similar ordeal with meds.
Ultimately, the side effects did not outweigh the benefits (for me).

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:dang, now I know it!

sorry.

Remembering isn't always all that fun anyways. For instance, everytime I see an ad or box cover for Margo at the Wedding I remember how awful that movie was. I'd rather forget that I ever watched it.

By the way... if you can forgive or tolerate a movie that features full frontal male nudity, Forgetting Sarah Marshall was hilarious.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Webfoot08 wrote:Bill and Ted were great, but these guys were better yet. Love the Dogma movie!

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/smodcast

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mia3mom wrote:You'll be able to get sweet accessories in Japan tho, I am in lust for a sushi USB drive

They can make USB drives out of fish now? Wow... the Japanese ARE ahead of us in technology.

Kidding... really. :-)

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
bluchez wrote:http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/smodcast

bluchez, we are discussing your username in the pronunciation thread. Please come by and enlighten us!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:They got their own movie and people still don't know Jay and his hetero-life-mate Silent Bob?

Ah, the Askewniverse. How I love thee...

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:When I was severely ill, I went through a similar ordeal with meds.
Ultimately, the side effects did not outweigh the benefits (for me).

I hope you're feeling OK now! and yeah, I've been re-evaluating a lot lately. Especially since my friend's son has problems that overlap mine a bit.

I've got a long list - including muscle spasms vs memory probs and sense of balance vs pain/numbness in fingers/toes. right now I've got to be on the meds if I am going to deal with feeding the family and taking care of the kids. (I don't forget lunches or anything). I'd love a month off to wean off the meds and see where I am baseline. but, um, then I'd be in more pain.

um, back to sweetness and light... I need to remember how to defrost meat without a microwave...

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:Remembering isn't always all that fun anyways. For instance, everytime I see an ad or box cover for Margo at the Wedding I remember how awful that movie was. I'd rather forget that I ever watched it.

By the way... if you can forgive or tolerate a movie that features full frontal male nudity, Forgetting Sarah Marshall was hilarious.

heh - I can never forget the stuff I want to forget. sadly.

I'll have to add that to my Netflix queue. I'm all for male nudity. I'll just have to watch it when the kiddos are asleep!

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Ah, the Askewniverse. How I love thee...

Man, I don't know what the bleep you just said, little kid, but you special, man. You reached out, and touched a brothers' heart.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Schrobblehead wrote:Man, I don't know what the bleep you just said, little kid, but you special, man. You reached out, and touched a brothers' heart.

That wasn't his heart. Run!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Man, I don't know what the bleep you just said, little kid, but you special, man. You reached out, and touched a brothers' heart.

Thanks, Pumpkin. Jes' don't sing the tongue song...

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Thanks, Pumpkin. Jes' don't sing the tongue song...

You on the job?

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

Please consider visiting the super turtle...... he's really bored and would like some visits. Even if you have voted for him (or don't want to), he would appreciate some comments.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:talk to the hand :P MacBooks rock. all the good programs run on it. Sure, at 300dpi GIMP runs slowly, but it doesn't crash. I just need more RAM (1g now)

I am faaar too attached to my MacBook. Admittedly, I've been off and on bedrest for the past 2 1/2 years, so without a laptop I'm incommunicado.

You'll be able to get sweet accessories in Japan tho, I am in lust for a sushi USB drive

Yeah, Macs crash (in all tests I've done) when running my work programs. Can't have one.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mia3mom

superspryte wrote:Yeah, Macs crash (in all tests I've done) when running my work programs. Can't have one.

work shmork. they shouldn't make you use programs you can't use on a Mac. ;) My husband is the IT guy for an all-Mac company, and he has just a couple PCs attached to scientific equipment. Sadly, not everything is Mac-compatible. yet.

Your new laptop sounds sweet! The speed should make designs easier.

I think I broke my toe today. It's all puffy, swollen, and hurting. yippeee!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:work shmork. they shouldn't make you use programs you can't use on a Mac. ;) My husband is the IT guy for an all-Mac company, and he has just a couple PCs attached to scientific equipment. Sadly, not everything is Mac-compatible. yet.

Ugh,, I broke my toe when I was taking son's bowling ball off the couch and it slipped.
We don't wear shoes in the house. Thank goodness the kids were in HS at the time. That was a really long, loud, string of curse words!
It is so unrewarding. Not even a cast. Just a elevate, ice and don't walk on it.

I still say he broke the toe. Bowling orbs DO NOT belong on furniture!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
dontwantaname wrote:Ugh,, I broke my toe when I was taking son's bowling ball off the couch and it slipped.
We don't wear shoes in the house. Thank goodness the kids were in HS at the time. That was a really long, loud, string of curse words!
It is so unrewarding. Not even a cast. Just a elevate, ice and don't walk on it.

I still say he broke the toe. Bowling orbs DO NOT belong on furniture!

I broke my big toe when I was in middle school - but I couldn't tell anyone because I did it while sneaking out of my bedroom when I was grounded. Was going to be awfully hard to explain how I dropped a brick on my toe when I was supposed to be cleaning my room. After a few days of hobbling around my dad finally got the truth out of me and he thought the pain I had been in was enough of a punishment that I didn't get grounded for even longer.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:Something's afoot at the Circle K...

In Japan Circle K is a convenience store.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:In Japan Circle K is a convenience store.

Isn't that true in the U.S. too?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:work shmork. they shouldn't make you use programs you can't use on a Mac. ;) My husband is the IT guy for an all-Mac company, and he has just a couple PCs attached to scientific equipment. Sadly, not everything is Mac-compatible. yet.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it. The speed will make everything easier.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Isn't that true in the U.S. too?

Wouldn't know; I've never seen one outside Japan.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Yeah, in the movie, something was afoot at the Circle K Convenience store...pretty sure it was in California.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:Yeah, in the movie, something was afoot at the Circle K Convenience store...pretty sure it was in California.

A lot of things I saw in Japan were apparently West Coast (or generally non-Midwest) places. Coco's (Koko's? Only saw it in Japanese.), Lawson's, Circle K, etc. Never heard of them until Japan.

mia3mom

shan24 wrote:Yeah, in the movie, something was afoot at the Circle K Convenience store...pretty sure it was in California.

yep they have a website

I'm more familiar with circle-k as a Kosher designation, but then I'm on the East Coast, and use Kosher labels to help with food allergies.

My toe still hurts. i'm going to hope it's better in the morning. 'Cos I'm taking 5 kids roller skating tomorrow. I'm brilliant.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

superspryte wrote:Yeah, Macs crash (in all tests I've done) when running my work programs. Can't have one.

Leopard has true dual boot (BootCamp). You can boot in a Windows environment if you want. You just have to buy the full version of Vista (~$290). We just bought some in our school district.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I know I've seen lots of them. Like a 7-11

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:yep they have a website

I'm more familiar with circle-k as a Kosher designation, but then I'm on the East Coast, and use Kosher labels to help with food allergies.

My toe still hurts. i'm going to hope it's better in the morning. 'Cos I'm taking 5 kids roller skating tomorrow. I'm brilliant.

san dimas high school fotball rules!

sorry about that...must...suppress...constant ...urge...to...quote...movies...

circle k is like 711. i haven't seen one in a long time though.

SkekTek

Hi folks.

Here's the lurker design. Not going to submit it to this week's derby, since it's lacking in movement and therefore would probably get rejected. But I thought I'd share... Comments and suggestions appreciated. Obviously it's missing the text bubbles that would so totally make this design.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
daj59 wrote:Leopard has true dual boot (BootCamp). You can boot in a Windows environment if you want. You just have to buy the full version of Vista (~$290). We just bought some in our school district.

nothing could be worth buying the full version of vista.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.