FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Ouch! Did you get a police report?

I guess. I'll ttyl. On someone else's internet and I don't want to clog it up.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:I'm sure all the neighbors are glad you decided not to return him to nature in your natural state! Ever been allergic to lizards before?

pooflady wrote:Lizards cause rashes?

The only other lizard I remember picking up with my hands was smaller and didn't fight me as much. The rash only lasted about an hour. Similar to when I touch bushes or cats. It's always the inner part of my wrist on my left arm. Weird.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:The only other lizard I remember picking up with my hands was smaller and didn't fight me as much. The rash only lasted about an hour. Similar to when I touch bushes or cats. It's always the inner part of my wrist on my left arm. Weird.

Well hey, you get that part of your wrist removed and you shouldn't have any more problems!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Anybody got any comments on Miley Cyrus' Vanity Fair pictures?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Anybody got any comments on Miley Cyrus' Vanity Fair pictures?

Part of me says it isn't any worse than what Brooke Shields did when she was young.

The other part says Daddy should have known better.

Plus, she's Disney owned which puts another level of propriety on her.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Part of me says it isn't any worse than what Brooke Shields did when she was young.

The other part says Daddy should have known better.

Plus, she's Disney owned which puts another level of propriety on her.

Yeah, I think the parents should be slapped. I keep hearing how wonderful Annie Liebowitz is, and she has an amazing talent, but I think she used poor judgment in this case, and her talent doesn't excuse it. And I think Vanity Fair did it for the bucks.

Bottom line - she's 15 years old.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I think the parents should be slapped. I keep hearing how wonderful Annie Liebowitz is, and she has an amazing talent, but I think she used poor judgment in this case, and her talent doesn't excuse it. And I think Vanity Fair did it for the bucks.

I haven't paid that much attention to the story but I did hear that grandma was in the room when the pics were shot. Also saw a full shot of the shoulder shot and she was in slacks and just covered with a drape. I think it's being blown out of proportion by media.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I think the parents should be slapped. I keep hearing how wonderful Annie Liebowitz is, and she has an amazing talent, but I think she used poor judgment in this case, and her talent doesn't excuse it. And I think Vanity Fair did it for the bucks.

It really didn't show anything. But there is no way I would have let my daughter pose for that.
I've seen glamor shots that sexualize little kids too. The ones you take in the mall.
I was at a house on a holiday and one was on the refrigerator. I asked someone else and they also thought the shot had a sexy feeling and they were just as upset by it as I was. The kid in the picture was 6 or 7. She was clothed, it was just the feel of the picture.

Seems at only 50 something, I have old fashion views already!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:I haven't paid that much attention to the story but I did hear that grandma was in the room when the pics were shot. Also saw a full shot of the shoulder shot and she was in slacks and just covered with a drape. I think it's being blown out of proportion by media.

"just covered with a drape"
I don't see why a 15 year old should be photographed like that. There's some places that would be considered k i d d i e p o r n.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
pooflady wrote:"just covered with a drape"
I don't see why a 15 year old should be photographed like that. There's some places that would be considered k i d d i e p o r n.

I didn't care for the picture where she was laying on her father's lap. Just seemed a little too "close" of a pose. I'm 30-something and seem to have old fashioned ideas on some of this as well.

Off to bed... G'night. Sleep tight.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:"just covered with a drape"

Its not appropriate. When you photograph a child so they give the impression of being nude except for a bed sheet, you are inviting people to view that child as a sex object or a willing partner. There are enough sickos in the world today that don't need another excuse to rationalize the desire to have sex with a child.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

This is a link that shows most of the pictures taken that day
http://www.break.com/index/miley-cyrus-vanity-fair-uncensored-shoot.html

pooflady

Raining wrote:This is a link that shows most of the pictures taken that day
http://www.break.com/index/miley-cyrus-vanity-fair-uncensored-shoot.html

Ewwwww.

Raining

pooflady wrote:Ewwwww.

Vanity Fair is already a sellout.

Raining

Looked like she was sucking her thumb, not sure, didn't pay that much attention,
out of my league..

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Ewwwww.

Thought at first it was real.

pooflady

Dead thread?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

No, we didn't park there. that is where we ended up after the crash.

Guess which side I was on? :P
Oh, and no, that window wasn't down when we got hit.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:No, we didn't park there. that is where we ended up after the crash.

You're very lucky. Was anyone cited?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:No, we didn't park there. that is where we ended up after the crash.

You are lucky.
I am very, very happy you are OK.
You are OK, aren't you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Fen, glad you are ok. A little sore perhaps? Your side got it pretty darn good.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Fen, glad you are ok. A little sore perhaps? Your side got it pretty darn good.

I probably would have had to change my pants.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I probably would have had to change my pants.

It was a humdinger.

Finally got son to watch City Slickers tonight. He enjoyed it.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:It was a humdinger.

Finally got son to watch City Slickers tonight. He enjoyed it.

I saw that. It was good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I saw that. It was good.

Son called it the cow movie when he was young.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

I've had the DVD for over a year but couldn't corner him long enough to watch it.

Edit: Thanks Dname.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:I've had the DVD for over a year but couldn't corner him long enough to watch it.

Edit: Thanks Dname.

How do you know it was me?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Eeeek! Sorry to hear about the accident, fen!!!

Accidents are awful. I hate the sound & sight of them. I can't imagine being on the side of the impact.

I am glad you are alive, but did you go to the hospital to get checked out? Was doggy in the car, too?

I wonder if you will be sore in the morning...if so, get checked out, please?

concerned,
~kt

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:How do you know it was me?????

Uhm, you were the only one available to read/notice it that fast?

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hiya KT. You can stay around and chat. We don't bite!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Eeeek! Sorry to hear about the accident, fen!!!

Accidents are awful. I hate the sound & sight of them. I can't imagine being on the side of the impact.

I am glad you are alive, but did you go to the hospital to get checked out? Was doggy in the car, too?

I wonder if you will be sore in the morning...if so, get checked out, please?

concerned,
~kt

He'll be sore.

How are you doing KT?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Damn, we scared her off.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Nite Poof.

I bought 3 of the tripods on Sellout. One for me, the others as gifts.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

All

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Good morning, AZ.

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
daj59 wrote:Nite Poof.

I bought 3 of the tripods on Sellout. One for me, the others as gifts.

Son of a...

I was just looking at that same tripod in the Solutions catalog for $39.95. Was thiiiis close to getting one, but decided it was too much money. Just bought 2 over on sellout. THanks Daj, I often forget to check that woot site.

G'morning folks. Off to do chores and errands. Yippee.

edit: Just noticed woot's is a 6" tripod where Solutions is a 10" - still a helluva lot cheaper...

pooflady

Boy, am I confused. Jimiyo just said it's hard surfing Woot forums. I'm just about as computer illiterate as you can get, and I don't have any trouble with them. Or I don't think I do. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe I don't understand what he's talking about.

smilingjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilingjack
selli wrote:Son of a...

I was just looking at that same tripod in the Solutions catalog for $39.95. Was thiiiis close to getting one, but decided it was too much money. Just bought 2 over on sellout. THanks Daj, I often forget to check that woot site.

G'morning folks. Off to do chores and errands. Yippee.

edit: Just noticed woot's is a 6" tripod where Solutions is a 10" - still a helluva lot cheaper...

Ohhhhh, tripod!
I didn't see that.
Some mod I am, I must not have checked sellout last night
Got one!