pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning everyone. Why is Poof here so early, you ask? Because I contacted someone to come calibrate my oven and they chose 8:00 in the morning. Silly people. Oven tested perfect. Evidently it's operator error.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:It was suppose to be evident in our pay on the 25th. Mine did'nt get calculated and our PM is looking into it.



That's unfortunate... I expected a raise last Sep, and didnt. Called payroll. They told me to call benefits. Called benefits, and they said I got to a certain pay step where they only give "raises" every 18 months, instead of 12 months. Expect it in Feb, since we're on a 10 month cycle. Didn't hit to March (like a 12 month cycle). Figures.

49 states in the Union raised their spending for higher ed (43 by double digits). One reduced it. Guess where I am, and which one?

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Morning everyone. Why is Poof here so early, you ask? Because I contacted someone to come calibrate my oven and they chose 8:00 in the morning. Silly people. Oven tested perfect. Evidently it's operator error.



Sorry to hear that. Are you the operator?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

PWAers, there's a baby picture posted in the Post thread.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Sorry to hear that. Are you the operator?



er, yes.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Haven't heard anyone else grumble . . . but then, we keep our salary info to ourselves.



yeah, I know how that is, our contractors are supposed to do that too. I think it's dumb, but, it's not my job.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:er, yes.



What happened, did the temp dial get accidentally rotated relative to the numbers? THat's usually what causes our baking casualties...

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:What happened, did the temp dial get accidentally rotated relative to the numbers? THat's usually what causes our baking casualties...



I'm not sure what happened. A year or so ago, it seemed like nothing was getting done in the time it was supposed to, so I upped the default setting. That was fine for a while, then it seemed like everything was burning. Changed the default setting back, and still seemed like it was burning. And it's all digital, no dial to get turned.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:I'm not sure what happened. A year or so ago, it seemed like nothing was getting done in the time it was supposed to, so I upped the default setting. That was fine for a while, then it seemed like everything was burning. Changed the default setting back, and still seemed like it was burning. And it's all digital, no dial to get turned.



Ah... did they have to tweak the default setting, or was it a case of "nothing's wrong, thanks for calling, here's our bill"?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Ah... did they have to tweak the default setting, or was it a case of "nothing's wrong, thanks for calling, here's our bill"?



The latter. In fact, the guy said it was exactly 350, which is unusual. Usually it's a little bit one way or the other. I asked him if it was normal for the wood around the oven to get really hot when it's self-cleaning, because it scares me to death. He said it's normal and it scares him, too. That was certainly reassuring.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:morning az

//smack daj

did that clear anything out?

No but the Drixoral on top of the Allegra did. It's going to be a very long day.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:No but the Drixoral on top of the Allegra did. It's going to be a very long day.



ok, well, here's something to get you through the day:

//smack

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:The latter. In fact, the guy said it was exactly 350, which is unusual. Usually it's a little bit one way or the other. I asked him if it was normal for the wood around the oven to get really hot when it's self-cleaning, because it scares me to death. He said it's normal and it scares him, too. That was certainly reassuring.



yeah, that sounds real nice. Of course, if you put fish on those wood oven plate thingys, it just turns black.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:yeah, that sounds real nice. Of course, if you put fish on those wood oven plate thingys, it just turns black.

I think that's supposed to make sense but I'm not getting it.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:I think that's supposed to make sense but I'm not getting it.



I'm saying, even if wood is in the oven it doesn't light on fire, so I guess its ok for the cabinets around the oven to be warm. The worst that can happen is your cabinets turn black.


hehe

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
cruzer wrote:I'm saying, even if wood is in the oven it doesn't light on fire, so I guess its ok for the cabinets around the oven to be warm. The worst that can happen is your cabinets turn black.


hehe



Ooooooh. Are you talking about the cedar shingles that fish are cooked on? Could've used a bit more description in that first post cuz it wasn't makin' a bit o' sense!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
selli wrote:Ooooooh. Are you talking about the cedar shingles that fish are cooked on? Could've used a bit more description in that first post cuz it wasn't makin' a bit o' sense!



I've never been very good at describing things.


but yeah, I think you got it now...

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
cruzer wrote:I've never been very good at describing things.


but yeah, I think you got it now...



Whoo hoo! I translated Cruzer!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
selli wrote:Whoo hoo! I translated Cruzer!



no, you just added cedar plank to what I said...basically...

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning all!

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
cruzer wrote:no, you just added cedar plank to what I said...basically...


Grrr.

No wonder daj smacks you.

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
joyner wrote:Good morning all!



Morning Joyner. Back in the flow of work and stuff?

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
selli wrote:Morning Joyner. Back in the flow of work and stuff?



Whew.... I like being on vacation better. Unless the people at my house are being weird then I'd rather be at work! It always takes me a day to get acclimated.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I just opened a new pack of Post-it notes and instead of having the sticky part all on one end, they're kind of like an accordion. The top one, the top is north, the next one, the top is south, the next one north.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
pooflady wrote:I just opened a new pack of Post-it notes and instead of having the sticky part all on one end, they're kind of like an accordion. The top one, the top is north, the next one, the top is south, the next one north.



Those are made for a post-it pop-up dispenser - kinda like a box of tissues.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
selli wrote:Those are made for a post-it pop-up dispenser - kinda like a box of tissues.



Well, that'll teach me to read the package. I have four of them to get through like this. Drat!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Well, that'll teach me to read the package. I have four of them to get through like this. Drat!

Pick yourself up a cheap dispenser. They're quite handy.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:Well, that'll teach me to read the package. I have four of them to get through like this. Drat!



maybe you should go get a dispenser then.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Pick yourself up a cheap dispenser. They're quite handy.



//smack

quit stealing my ideas

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

quit stealing my ideas

I had it first....THIEF!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
selli wrote:Grrr.

No wonder daj smacks you.



nah, she just likes to do it.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:nah, she just likes to do it.

//smack

Do not.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:I had it first....THIEF!



I had it first but woot for some reason forgot my account so I had to sign back in, causing the two minute delay in posting.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote://smack

Do not.



see...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I had it first but woot for some reason forgot my account so I had to sign back in, causing the two minute delay in posting.

<snort>

Yeah, right.

Cry baby.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:<snort>

Yeah, right.

Cry baby.



damn skippy.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:damn skippy.

You sure are getting quoted a lot.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:You sure are getting quoted a lot.



I blame it on you.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I blame it on you.

L O L
I don't force you to type what you do.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:L O L
I don't force you to type what you do.



but you're so easy to make fun of in a quotable type of way.

Back To Top