+ Add a Comment

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Webfoot08 wrote:I would say so! Since January of 2007? Whoa.

There was a lull in buyin' stuff, and a few months hiatus from woot, for the first half of 2007. I originally got on to look for a digital camera, and left for a while after I bought one elsewhere.

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

My submission this week, thank you for your votes!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I'm not gonna plaster my entry here as well, but just note that it's now Vote Ready, and you can find the link in my sig.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:There was a lull in buyin' stuff, and a few months hiatus from woot, for the first half of 2007. I originally got on to look for a digital camera, and left for a while after I bought one elsewhere.

Never buy something, no1. If I ever saw your box and it was full, my whole universe would be out of whack.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Too many good submissions this week... too many.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Never buy something, no1. If I ever saw your box and it was full, my whole universe would be out of whack.

Personally, I'd feel a bit safer if the Weightlifting Chicks contingent of woot ran out of "whack."

no1

eHalcyon wrote:test

I was told there would be no testing.

eHalcyon

no1 wrote:I was told there would be no testing.

Was seeing if the http:// was really necessary. Trying to find a good way to shorten urls... tinyurl sometimes takes you to a holding page. Annoying.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Man, I expected more votes from my designs. Should have put a beret on the roach and had him raise his fist. Figures...

EDIT: when I get back, I'm gonna do just that... it'll be funny.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
eHalcyon wrote:Was seeing if the http:// was really necessary. Trying to find a good way to shorten urls... tinyurl sometimes takes you to a holding page. Annoying.

I've never had a problem with tiny url. They provide two links and the first one doesn't have the redirect crapola. Check it out

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:Personally, I'd feel a bit safer if the Weightlifting Chicks contingent of woot ran out of "whack."

I'm gentle!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:Man, I expected more votes from my designs. Should have put a beret on the roach and had him raise his fist. Figures...

EDIT: when I get back, I'm gonna do just that... it'll be funny.

heh. yes that would be funny.

have a nice weekend! I may not be typing much, the spot between my thumb and index finger was just bitten when I separated dominant dog from fighting with puppy. ow. can't quite feel my left thumb right now.

Note to self: next time dogs fight, separate them using kevlar gloves.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

eHalcyon wrote:Was seeing if the http:// was really necessary. Trying to find a good way to shorten urls... tinyurl sometimes takes you to a holding page. Annoying.

eh, I'm not worried about long urls. but my life is done in html links

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:heh. yes that would be funny.

have a nice weekend! I may not be typing much, the spot between my thumb and index finger was just bitten when I separated dominant dog from fighting with puppy. ow. can't quite feel my left thumb right now.

Note to self: next time dogs fight, separate them using kevlar gloves.

Ouch.

Puhlease don't feed the monkeys:

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

eHalcyon

Schrobblehead wrote:I've never had a problem with tiny url. They provide two links and the first one doesn't have the redirect crapola. Check it out

Hmm... maybe it's because I entered a custom url.

mia3mom wrote:eh, I'm not worried about long urls. but my life is done in html links

I have 4 entries this week and the sig only has a 500 char max, so I needed to shorten something to get it all to fit.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Ouch.

Puhlease don't feed the monkeys:

EEEW GROCE!

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:EEEW GROCE!

Groce? Its how I look after lunch too (yawning)

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Groce? Its how I look after lunch too (yawning)

If I don't quit eating candy bars for lunch, I'm going to be pretty gross myself.
Edit: I mean groce, of course.

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:If I don't quit eating candy bars for lunch, I'm going to be pretty gross myself.

candy bars can be a full meal. can't they? A Reese's cup has dairy and protein. Eat it with some Starburst (fruit), and you're all set!

my life is filed with candy and coke. it's my vice. I get the same budget for those as what my husband spends on cigarettes. yum.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:If I don't quit eating candy bars for lunch, I'm going to be pretty gross myself.

Oh! thanks god. I thought you were talking math or some garbage.

Panda Express is 86 percent more higher in calories than candy bars. its probably not so bad to eat them.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Oh! thanks god. I thought you were talking math or some garbage.

Panda Express is 86 percent more higher in calories than candy bars. its probably not so bad to eat them.

I suppose not. I just keep thinking they probably aren't so good for my blood sugar. And, since I like...try to burn at least 500 calories a day, I probably need something more substantial. Beer is substantial, though. I'll just have that later. Oh, and I won't work out tonight. Problem solved! Where's mah Twix?!

eHalcyon

mia3mom wrote:candy bars can be a full meal. can't they? A Reese's cup has dairy and protein. Eat it with some Starburst (fruit), and you're all set!

my life is filed with candy and coke. it's my vice. I get the same budget for those as what my husband spends on cigarettes. yum.

I hope I'm not being offensive when I say this, but candy binging is a much better vice than smoking. =\

Schrobblehead

eHalcyon wrote:I hope I'm not being offensive when I say this, but candy binging is a much better vice than smoking. =\

I'm so offended I say its time for "operation human shield."

How happy were you when "Blame Canada" won an oscar?

mia3mom

eHalcyon wrote:I hope I'm not being offensive when I say this, but candy binging is a much better vice than smoking. =\

I completely agree! I gave up smoking when I got pregnant (the first time). He's quit a few times, but it's *hard*. It's on the list of things I try not to nag him about too much.

Tho, my girls nag him plenty about it.

thumb update: icing it w/peas. still pins & needles. tg I finished designs b4 it happened!

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm so offended I say its time for "operation human shield."

How happy were you when "Blame Canada" won an oscar?

lulz x 2

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

I post a small picture here to tempt you into actually seeing the big shirt comp.

Thanks for your time today, and have a wonderful weekend!

mia3mom

kenney9226 wrote:

I post a small picture here to tempt you into actually seeing the big shirt comp.

Thanks for your time today, and have a wonderful weekend!

love this pucker incarnation! v v cool. nice work on the spears!

PemberDucky

Staff

Hey guyez, I've got a pretty major thing coming up at 6:30 tonight, so I'm soliciting those delicious good vibes again.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Hey guyez, I've got a pretty major thing coming up at 6:30 tonight, so I'm soliciting those delicious good vibes again.

Uh... what time zone are you in again?

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:Uh... what time zone are you in again?

Oh yeah, there are a few of those. I forgot. I'm over here on Pacific.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Oh yeah, there are a few of those. I forgot. I'm over here on Pacific.

... stalking Cho again, eh?

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Hey guyez, I've got a pretty major thing coming up at 6:30 tonight, so I'm soliciting those delicious good vibes again.

good luck with your thingy. 6:30 on friday is a sucky time for major things.

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:... stalking Cho again, eh?

I'm the only one who knows how to love him. Some day, he'll see that. Some day.

Schrobblehead wrote:good luck with your thingy. 6:30 on friday is a sucky time for major things.

Thank you friend. It's not an optimal time. It's pretty silly that I actually brought it upon myself, too.
It's a presentation thing...I'm not meaning to be all ambiguous. I mean, I guess I am meaning to, but it's not out of like...self-importance. Never mind. Anydoodle, it's a big thing and I will reward myself with boozery after it's said and done.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Thank you friend. It's not an optimal time. It's pretty silly that I actually brought it upon myself, too.
It's a presentation thing...I'm not meaning to be all ambiguous. I mean, I guess I am meaning to, but it's not out of like...self-importance. Never mind. Anydoodle, it's a big thing and I will reward myself with boozery after it's said and done.

ambiguity is good. Other than lies about my office (or are they?), I wouldn't share anything about work. SkekTek on the other hand, has provided enough info that anyone reading woot could just show up at his university.

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Thank you friend. It's not an optimal time. It's pretty silly that I actually brought it upon myself, too.

i will send you good vibes & luck, as I get kids ready for bed on the east coast. will cross fingers, too. I can toast you with a hard cider as well. mmm... boozy goodness!

thumb update: starting to feel a bit better after lots of iced peas. still owie and tingly though. dumb to put hands near dog mouths when they are fighting!!!

Schrobblehead

Damn you stupid woot! I was on top of checking the woot off and literally as soon as it showed the Banjo of Consternation I did everything possible to buy one. Not once did it even take me to the page where you pick the quantity. It just said "service unavailable." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate that I can't quit trying to buy something I can never buy!

According to woot's stats they sold 4500 craps in 18 seconds.

no1

Good lucky ducky. Just stay calm and remember, if you're doing the presenting, that means you know more about whatever than they do. Knock 'em dead!

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:Damn you stupid woot! I was on top of checking the woot off and literally as soon as it showed the Banjo of Consternation I did everything possible to buy one. Not once did it even take me to the page where you pick the quantity. It just said "service unavailable." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate that I can't quit trying to buy something I can never buy!

According to woot's stats they sold 4500 craps in 18 seconds.

same thing happened to me. bah, humbug.

I scored on the tools, though. otherwise stuff all out of my budget. I need a replacement camera, though. gah.

mia3mom

no1 wrote:Good lucky ducky. Just stay calm and remember, if you're doing the presenting, that means you know more about whatever than they do. Knock 'em dead!

wow, no1, that is some of the best advice I've heard in a while.

@ pemberducky - you go, girl!

PemberDucky

Staff

mia3mom wrote:i will send you good vibes & luck, as I get kids ready for bed on the east coast. will cross fingers, too. I can toast you with a hard cider as well. mmm... boozy goodness!

Thanks, mia...that's really sweet. I'm incredibly excited about this!

no1 wrote:Good lucky ducky. Just stay calm and remember, if you're doing the presenting, that means you know more about whatever than they do. Knock 'em dead!

Thank you, no1! That actually helps a lot...the people attending have no idea how huge and powerful this stuff is and that sure won't shine through if I'm not confident about it. (Same goes for my team mates!)