shutterbug7689

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shutterbug7689

Oak Harbor Ohio says GO WINGS!

try finding that on a map

wowzii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wowzii

I love the smack all of the Pens opposing teams fans talk, only to be humiliated series after series.
Get in line red chicken wings fans. Talk all the more it makes it better when you are back in Detroit losers 4-1.

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog

That song made me happy.

Are you looking at my junk?

speklbellybeagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speklbellybeagle
matthew wrote:The podcast team isn't.

Matthew, is the podcast crew in MI? I thought you were in St Louis?

jasontharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontharp

Tejdatta, I am personally offended by what you said. Having lived in the metro Detroit area my whole life, the things you've said are nothing more that pure ignorance.

"16 years of carp" as you call it, isn't anything compared to 42 years without a title. Do you know why we can't sell out a playoff game? Tell me how much playoff tickets are to a Pens game. Tickets to the finals at the Joe are STARTING at $93. Can you afford that? To insinuate that your city will appreciate a championship more than mine is just plain ludicrus. As bad as the financial situation may be here, you have no right to say something like that. If you knew anything about what you were talking about you wouldn't have said what you said. I've been to Pittsburgh and I wasn't exactly impressed. Have you ever even BEEN HERE? I doubt you have the stones, my friend.

Go root for your beloved Butt Pirates.

It sounds like you're bitter because you know that the Wings will win. Pittsburgh? More like Sh*tsburgh, buddy.

Tarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tarl

Too bad no Red Wing Fans can actually afford to go to regular season games, much less playoff games.

cagfd7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cagfd7

All the way from south Louisiana, "Let's Go Red Wings!!" Take it to the house!!

brendackd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendackd

From Detroit:
It's going to be a great series and we in Hockeytown needed this to distract us from the economy and Kwamegate. And, sorry, I don't think the Wings are overrated this year.

wheels0207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wheels0207

9iss on the Red Wings! GO PENS!

ScottKuma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScottKuma

From a long-time Wings fan (I loved 'em when they were still the "Dead Things"!) -

GO WINGS!

Best WootCast Ever!! I'd love to buy the team a beer!

malingjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malingjc
jasontharp wrote:
Do you know why we can't sell out a playoff game? Tell me how much playoff tickets are to a Pens game. Tickets to the finals at the Joe are STARTING at $93. Can you afford that?

Be cool. No need to flame because of one wang.

My playoff tickets (at the STH price) were per seat $50 first round, $60 second, $72 third, $97 finals. I'm in the second section from the top.

Gate price for the finals is going to be around $150 a pop for my section.

deberito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deberito

Red Wings? I think not. Let's go PENS! The NEXT winner of the Stanely Cup.
The wingie's may not even make it to the real contest. The PENS are already there.

ScottKuma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScottKuma
deberito wrote:The wingie's may not even make it to the real contest. The PENS are already there.

Uh, ok. Wings took the series last night. It's still before 9am Eastern, so I'll cut you some slack...but go check out ESPN or NHL.com or SOMETHING, man....

shaley2468

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaley2468

Fantastic WOOt Cast. Absolutely THE BEST EVER! C'mon now, Boston nation can't come close to comparing to Hockey Town, USA. GO Wings. Sincerely, Don Cherry.

primitivetribe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages primitivetribe

The Stanley smells great!

GO WINGS!!

cwillwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwillwood

Not a Red Wings fan but that song was just plain fun. Maybe next year the song will be "Let's go Sabres" instead.

only4u2c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages only4u2c

If i could buy the best team.. REDWIGS..

i am a huge hockey fan, but for the ones that dont know, they need a salary cap,.
The Wings are really good, but they pay heavily for it,..

PREDS fan here

wnphillips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wnphillips

Two minutes and 23 seconds of my life that, regrettably, I will never get back.

malingjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malingjc
only4u2c wrote:

i am a huge hockey fan, but for the ones that dont know, they need a salary cap,.

There is a salary cap...

They're under it last time i checked.

badger737

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badger737

Gladly, 6 of seven octopi approve.

Go Wings!

speklbellybeagle

I wish I could make that my ring tone - that would be soooooo fun!

mgielarowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgielarowski

Wow... here's some Kleenex to wipe the tears. I lost my spaghetti. =(-hoo Red Wings fans. Waaah... my Red Wing tickets are too expensive....Waaah...Pens fans are mean....Waaah...Pens fans are ignorant... Waaah... Butt Pirates....Waaah... I'm offended....Waaah!
If your Red Wings are as sensitive as you, they won't have a chance. The truth is that the Wings are equally as talented as the Penguins but the Pens have the edge in youth, speed, and size. It is a matchup for the ages and it should be a lot of fun to watch!

PS- Yes, I have been to Detroit. Next time I'm in town I'll drop off some thicker skin.

lakebrat56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakebrat56

Great podcast!!! It's good to hear the NHL promoted, period!! I've been a Bruins fan since the days of Orr and LOVE hockey. I don't care who takes the cup - as long as it wasn't the Habs. We almost had them tho....Watch out next season!!
Thanks WOOT!!

dwaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwaddy

Maybe we will see the best Stanley Cup Playoff ever. 2 Great teams and arguably some of the best players alive and possibly the best that ever played the game.
I root for Detroit, but this will be a classic series who ever wins, it will be tough!

nohunter1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nohunter1

I agree, WORST WOOTCAST EVER. Loser Red Wings

Gentech

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gentech

Pens have no defense, the wings have the best in the league! Wings in 6 games and Sid the over rated kid is held goaless

rmiseren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmiseren

yessss. And a "Rhapsody in Blue" quote in the cadence... excellent hahahaha

Wingnut109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wingnut109

I lived over half my life in Flint, Michigan, an hour north of Detroit, and I've loved the Red Wings for 40 years!! Let's Go, Red Wings!!! On to the CUP!!

TheWatsons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheWatsons

That was a pretty bad Wootcast. We all know that woot can come up with more lyrics than just Lets Go Redwings.

Orderless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orderless

GO WINGS! WOOT!

Hartland MI

kszarama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kszarama

Way down in Bethesda, MD:
Let's go Red Wings!!
~originally a fan in Waterford, MI

GTOMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTOMike

To the fellow that could already smell the cup. You can smell the bottom when the Pens are holding it up! Go Pens!!!!

Filthydelphia tried and I believe the final game was 6 - 0. Not 4-1.

randynovak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randynovak

[quote postid="2266200" user="tejdatta"] Your ghetto, economically stunted city doesn't deserve it nor does it deserve your hockey team./quote]

And there you have the typical Pittsburgh sports 'fan'

Oh, and by the way tejdatta... try going 42 years between cups and then we'll talk.

Wings in 6

bajahammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bajahammer

It's a shame the red wings can't sell out a 20,000 seat arena for a playoff game. LET'S GO PENS!

PeregrinusExpectavi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeregrinusExpectavi

I'm a VERY serious, long-time Red Wings fan (40 years or so) and I think this is one of the most exciting Stanley Cup matchups I've seen. I think this is an exceptionally strong, deep, experienced Red Wings lineup, and the Pens are the best team in the east. They deserve to be in the Cup finals.

If you're not looking forward to matchups like the Wings experienced, hardworking D against the dazzling talent and creativity of "Sid the Kid" and the rest of that turbocharged offense, then you're not a hockey fan. This series is going to be great! Maybe one for the history books.

Aside from my deep love of the Wings, I really can't see a reason to pick between the teams, especially if Franzen is back with his head clear. I think Osgood is the better goalie right now, and the Wings keep-away game is designed to slow offenses like the Pens by starving them for the puck. But Sid and Co. don't need a whole lot of puck time to score.

I can't wait for this one! Bring your "A" game Sid, and let's make it a series we'll talk about 40 years from now!

Red Wings in 7 - in overtime. Off Chris Draper's face.

jhems1179

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhems1179

Red Wings look slugish.

Pens have youth, experience (with Gonchar and G. Roberts), solid/reliable goaltending, and momemteum. They are 12-2 in the playoffs...

Pens in 5.

speklbellybeagle

PeregrinusExpectavi wrote:I'm a VERY serious, long-time Red Wings fan (40 years or so) and I think this is one of the most exciting Stanley Cup matchups I've seen. I think this is an exceptionally strong, deep, experienced Red Wings lineup, and the Pens are the best team in the east. They deserve to be in the Cup finals.

If you're not looking forward to matchups like the Wings experienced, hardworking D against the dazzling talent and creativity of "Sid the Kid" and the rest of that turbocharged offense, then you're not a hockey fan. This series is going to be great! Maybe one for the history books.

Aside from my deep love of the Wings, I really can't see a reason to pick between the teams, especially if Franzen is back with his head clear. I think Osgood is the better goalie right now, and the Wings keep-away game is designed to slow offenses like the Pens by starving them for the puck. But Sid and Co. don't need a whole lot of puck time to score.

I can't wait for this one! Bring your "A" game Sid, and let's make it a series we'll talk about 40 years from now!

Red Wings in 7 - in overtime. Off Chris Draper's face.

I agree with your above prediction, except, the game winner will be off of Homer's butt :o)

wwbuell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwbuell

WINGZ ALL THE WAY!
GO DEEEETROIT RED WINGS!

GO PISTONS!

How about 2 championships in one year!!

theresnotime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theresnotime

born and raised in pittsburgh

LETS GO PENS!!!

barabajagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barabajagle
flipmeister wrote:best wootcest ever...

wootcest?

I thought that was when a wootstaff person bought one of the days woots. i guess it could apply to having a wootcast rooting for the home team.

I'm not much of a hockey fan (since we lost the Whalers over 10 years ago... some say that was a good thing), but to hear everyone talking about this years Stanley Cup matchup, I will definitely be watching now.