seniorbuddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seniorbuddie

Ok i grew up in St clair Shores MI..35 min from the JOE!! (joe louis arena) but i currently live in Pittburgh...For every one who loves the Pens...they r a good team...BUT A REALITY CHECK UVE GOT PAVEL DATSUK,CHRIS CHELIOS,OSGOOD,ZETTEBURGH,CHRIS DRAPER CURTIS MALTBY...SOO YOUR REALITY CHECK IS...THE WINGS ARE GONNA KICK THE SH*T OUT OF THE PENS!!!! GO WINGS!!!!!!(and yes i know i butchered the spelling on their names,but who cares this is woot not IUP!!)

seniorbuddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seniorbuddie

U know why Detroit is such an amazing city???
1.DEEETROOOOIT BASKETBALLL!!!!!!
2.HockeyTown,USA no other team can officially claim that
3.ANd we r TIGERTOWN!! i gotta support the tigers theyve been movvin up....
4.We have the rennicanse center(i cant spell srry)
5.Property Value is huge....
6.Parts of I-Robot were filmed there...
7.and my final note Where was the best TV show ever made from?? DETROIT!!! HOME IMPROVEMENT!!! Ive eatin dinner and watched WINGS GAMES at Tims house!
U know why pittsburgh sux??
1.The Pens are a college team with an NHL logo ok!!
2.the city is absofreakinlutlety UGLY do u have the Ren-Cen??
3.the roads are SH*T!!!
4.Its just a hole in the side of a mountian!!!
the onlything pittsburgh has worth sh*t is...u guessed it HEins WARD!!!!! Go STEELERS!!

puckfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puckfreak

Ok. Being a long time Flyers fan (living in Ga) anyone can understand my hatred for the Wings. If you dont know why, no need to read any further. I am, however rooting for the Wings this year for two reasons.

1. Marian Hossa.
He screwed around here in Atlanta and did nothing for the team. Half a$$ed it, if you will.
2. Vladimir Konstantinov. When the wings win hoist the Cup this year, I can only hope to see a smiling Vladdie waiting for his turn with to be on the ice with the greatest trophy ever.

I hate the Wings with all of my being, but I love to see great sports moments. This is hands down one of the great ones.

puckfreak

Ok. Being a long time Flyers fan (living in Ga) anyone can understand my hatred for the Wings. If you dont know why, no need to read any further. I am, however rooting for the Wings this year for two reasons.

1. Marian Hossa.
He screwed around here in Atlanta and did nothing for the team. Half a$$ed it, if you will.
2. Vladimir Konstantinov. When the wings win hoist the Cup this year, I can only hope to see a smiling Vladdie waiting for his turn with to be on the ice with the greatest trophy ever.

I hate the Wings with all of my being, but I love to see great sports moments. This is hands down one of the great ones.

puckfreak

1. Marian Hossa.

puckfreak

1. Marian Hossa.

jdm001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdm001

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Just listening to that made my skin crawl.

I hope the Pens wipe the ice with some Dead Wing jerseys.

If you need to know why I hate the wings, it's because I bleed blue.

I will give woot props for putting the NHL on the cast, though.

WOOTS: Gyration Air Mouse, iPod Touch 8GB,USModular Battery & Flash Drive, Philips Power Inverter 2Pk, Dyson DC14 Vacuum, Nike Sport MP3Case 2Pk, Dane-Elec 2GB SD Card (2), iRobot Roomba, iRobot Roomba 4296 Scheduler, Sandisk Sansa e250, AT&T H450 Earbud Headset 2Pk, Excalibur 4GB USBDrive, Gyration GO 2.4 Air Mouse&Keyboard Suite, RCA DualFormat DVD Recorder&HD Upconvert, Vector Jump Start System, DigiPro Tablet, Philips DLO iPod Charger

tbradley33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbradley33

This is music to my ears (literally) - and makes me feel better about dropping $450 on 8th row Game 1 tickets. Go WINGS!!!!!

tbradley33

controlfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages controlfreak

Apart from the Lions, Detroit has some great sports teams, and the Wings are certainly at the top of an impressive list.

But at the end of the day, it's still Detroit...

randynovak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randynovak
controlfreak wrote:
But at the end of the day, it's still Detroit...

Funny.. it's Detroit at the beginning of the day too.. in fact.. pretty much any time of the day it's Detroit... and this, my friends, is a good thing.

Shirkdigler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirkdigler

Let's Go Pens!!!

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=9d4c93ac-364d-4dc0-b7ff-3fb8703185fe

sgarbacik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgarbacik
tbradley33 wrote:This is music to my ears (literally) - and makes me feel better about dropping $450 on 8th row Game 1 tickets. Go WINGS!!!!!

take me with you! how i would love to be there....someday...

definitely mad props to woot for putting the NHL on here

GO WINGS!!! Stanley Cup Champions 2008
Pavel is my hero...
Stephanie

billydkid5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billydkid5

Woot you, what the woot are you talking about. Best Wootcast ever for sure. GoWINGS.
Woot off.

bill3490

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill3490

Remember back in the early '90s when everyone would chant "1940" to remind the Rangers they hadn't won the cup since then? Maybe the Red Wings fans should start chanting "1992."

Oh, and my two favorite hockey teams... Detriot and Pittsburgh. Alas.

75 total.woots
04.01.2008 Bundles of Clones X3
04.01.2011 Bundles of Clones Level 10

fosterscool

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fosterscool
lacotomo wrote:Obviously another bandwagon hockey fan. I bet you love the Yankees, Lebron James, and the Patriots too. Do you even know hockey rules, or is Crosby the only player you actually know?

Obviously another Red Wings fan showing the level of intelligence expected from their fans. Just listen to the jumbo-tron, cheer when you are expected to, and make sure to leave seats empty for playoff games.

Can you inform us how big of a Tigers fan you have been over the last few years, on a scale of 1-10, probably an 8 or 9? Whats your level of fan-dom for them now, 1 maybe a 2?

Stay up in Michigan, and keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. The rest of us will root for the Penguins! And Gary Roberts (hopefully free of the flu).

ondercin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ondercin
seniorbuddie wrote:U know why Detroit is such an amazing city???
3.the roads are SH*T!!!
the onlything pittsburgh has worth sh*t is...u guessed it HEins WARD!!!!! Go STEELERS!!

Jerome Bettis is from Detroit. He is a class act. You should take some lessons from him.

-Frnk!

mkarpov

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mkarpov

For all the Detroit bashing, Pittsburgh isnt the greatest looking city either. You guys have your crime, poverty and stinky steel mills too. And all of those steel and tooling companies are being outsourced to China, just like Detroit's industries.

As a Detroit suburbanite, yes it is bad. But the city really has nothing to do with the quality of our sports team or the intelligence of our sports fans (though yes, there are a lot of dumb ones)

fosterscool

On a related to note to all of this. The amount of responses, regardless of the nature or which team they support, show that there are a lot of hockey fans around. I just hope that after next year ESPN will pick up the NHL again, I get a little tired of only seeing the Rangers, Red Wings, and Penguins on Versus.

The Blackhawks were a great story this year, but almost no one knew about them. It could be Sakic's last year, and that was overlooked as well. Hopefully a good Finals will help get the NHL the credit its due.

malingjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malingjc
mkarpov wrote:For all the Detroit bashing, Pittsburgh isnt the greatest looking city either. You guys have your crime, poverty and stinky steel mills too. And all of those steel and tooling companies are being outsourced to China, just like Detroit's industries.

As a Detroit suburbanite, yes it is bad. But the city really has nothing to do with the quality of our sports team or the intelligence of our sports fans (though yes, there are a lot of dumb ones)

You mean steel mill. There's only one left.

rickjames29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickjames29

Penguins gonna win. Can't wait to see Zetterberg, Datsyuk VS Crosby, Malkin.

rfaulds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfaulds

Today's WootCast was a HOOT! LET's Go Red Wings! We do have room for ONE MORE Stanley Cup in our trophy case. Sorry "Penguins"... Hee hee... PENGUINS????? Now that strikes fear in our hearts!

hockeyx4me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyx4me

GO PENS......GO PENS.........IT'S ALL IN THE PLAY OFF RECORD 12 AND 2 MAKE IT 16 AND 2

jesterinreverie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterinreverie

That wootcast turned me into a penguins fan.

diginova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diginova

I'm assuming that if the Wings win, we'll get one of those wonderful things called a Wootoff? Please?

Godofcomputers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Godofcomputers

Who cares about this year. Sabres for the cup in 2009!

mvandongen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvandongen

penguins in 5? that's a stupid prediction... that would require the wings losing 3 games at home. it'd take all 7 for the pens to have the smallest chance.

on another note: GO WINGS!!!

Lamewad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lamewad

Congrats Woot, you just earned yourselves a boycott. I bleed burgandy and blue, thank you very much, and any day that the Dead Things lose is a good day. GO PENS!

eighthml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eighthml

Lets go Pens!!

WNNABEPILOT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WNNABEPILOT

HEY - I thought Woot! was in Carrollton TX - come on....
Support your Dallas Stars - not cool woot... not cool, :-p

Well, I guess not everyone's perfect...... buuuut, since I have no hockey to watch now that the Stars lost, I say keep it in the West (agreeing with Sharks guy below) - Go Wings

Stars Round 2 Game 6 - Awsome!

milson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milson

as a sharks fan, ive got to say go wings
keep it in the west

pretender54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretender54

Pens return to the finals after 16 years, I have been an avid supporter of Penguins Hockey for many years and it really grieves me to listen to you neandrathals throwing your barbs back and forth. The best team will emerge victorious and the Stanley Cup will be where it belongs at last. Back in Pittsburgh!!! Pass The CUP Please

pretender54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretender54
ondercin wrote:Jerome Bettis is from Detroit. He is a class act. You should take some lessons from him.

OUR TIME IS NOW!!! LETS GO PENS!!!

daschmo1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daschmo1

Detroit Suks!! Detroit Suks!!!

I am a die hard Chicago Blackhawks fan so i definitely rooting for the Pens. Oh yea and in case you forgot...

Detroit Suks! Detroit Suks!!!

6X bags of crap!

daschmo1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daschmo1
seniorbuddie wrote:U know why Detroit is such an amazing city???
1.DEEETROOOOIT BASKETBALLL!!!!!!
2.HockeyTown,USA no other team can officially claim that
3.ANd we r TIGERTOWN!! i gotta support the tigers theyve been movvin up....
4.We have the rennicanse center(i cant spell srry)
5.Property Value is huge....
6.Parts of I-Robot were filmed there...
7.and my final note Where was the best TV show ever made from?? DETROIT!!! HOME IMPROVEMENT!!! Ive eatin dinner and watched WINGS GAMES at Tims house!
3.the roads are SH*T!!!

Dude you have a weak arguement:

1. Your going to claim the tigers are moving up?? PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!?!?! THEY ARE IN LAST PLACE IN THE AL CENTRAL. OH yea and how much money did they spend on their team...138 Million! That is SECOND to the Yankees.
2. I-robot was a decent movie at best. Here are some movies filmed in Pittsburgh...Silence of the Lambs, Kingpin, and Groundhog day.

I could go on but im pretty sure you get my point....

6X bags of crap!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
WNNABEPILOT wrote:HEY - I thought Woot! was in Carrollton TX - come on....
Support your Dallas Stars - not cool woot... not cool, :-p

I repeat: The podcast team is not based in Texas. Only one member of the podcast team has ever even set foot in Texas -- that was me, when I had a short layover at the DFW airport on my way somewhere else. It was pleasant enough (nice selection of magazines at the newsstand, plenty of seating), but not the sort of experience that makes someone change a lifelong allegiance to his home sports team.

Vincanni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vincanni

Amazing, so glad I tuned in today to see the best Wootcast ever! I'm hoping in about a couple weeks after the Wings dispose of the Penguins (great team but too young, wait till next year to begin your dynasty) we'll be graced by the new greatest Wootcast ever.

doubledownrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubledownrob

BEST. WOOTCAST. EVER. WOOTCAST IS FULL OF EPIC STANLEY CUP WIN!!!!

WNNABEPILOT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WNNABEPILOT
matthew wrote:I repeat: The podcast team is not based in Texas. Only one member of the podcast team has ever even set foot in Texas -- that was me, when I had a short layover at the DFW airport on my way somewhere else. It was pleasant enough (nice selection of magazines at the newsstand, plenty of seating), but not the sort of experience that makes someone change a lifelong allegiance to his home sports team.

AhHa! So the podcast team is to blame! - Grab the torches! - Grab the pitchforks!
and make a really big Grilled WootCheese Sandwich! print it on a shirt and sell it... wait... crud... they already did that last Thursday. - Fine then, I concede - Go Red Wings!

...Teach me to not read ALL the posts before posting myself.... sigh, my English teacher would be disappointed....

fosterscool

matthew wrote:I repeat: The podcast team is not based in Texas. Only one member of the podcast team has ever even set foot in Texas -- that was me, when I had a short layover at the DFW airport on my way somewhere else. It was pleasant enough (nice selection of magazines at the newsstand, plenty of seating), but not the sort of experience that makes someone change a lifelong allegiance to his home sports team.

From my limited knowledge, the rest of woot is based in St. Louis. Would that mean that based in a city with the Blues, you would choose the Red Wings?

There are 12 step programs to help you get back on the right track...

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
fosterscool wrote:From my limited knowledge, the rest of woot is based in St. Louis. Would that mean that based in a city with the Blues, you would choose the Red Wings?

"Limited knowledge" is the key phrase here.