AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Sorry, I left. I took a nap.
The awning's up. Looks great. I think the instructions were for the wind sensor. This is the first one of this type they put up. This type is new and measures the vibration of the awning. It's breezy and we'd have probably already had it up today.



What size did you end up getting?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:What size did you end up getting?



14 wide and 10 out.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:14 wide and 10 out.



About how high off the deck is the leading edge? More than six feet?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:About how high off the deck is the leading edge? More than six feet?


Leading edge?
It had to be installed on the roof. I can't remember what the height restriction was for installation on the house or soffit, but we didn't meet it. I doubt if many would. The outer edge, probably about eight feet.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Leading edge?
It had to be installed on the roof. I can't remember what the height restriction was for installation on the house or soffit, but we didn't meet it. I doubt if many would. The outer edge, probably about eight feet.



Yeah; outer edge.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Yeah; outer edge.



It'll be interesting when the sun gets around that far whether it's going to be under that edge. But I think by that time the outer edge of the deck is in shade from trees.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Sure is a lot of bumping (and grinding?) by Lady Poof.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:Sure is a lot of bumping (and grinding?) by Lady Poof.



Trust me, just bumping. These were on page 2.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Trust me, just bumping. These were on page 2.


Lady Poof,

What about the Complete Silence (v.9) thread?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
selli wrote:Downright nasty. Yuck. I think ya'll were debating about taking the cold or the hot weather... I'd take the cold weather ANY DAY! I can add lots of clothes, but there is a limit to how much I can take off and be seen in public! Of course, both kids have baseball games tonight - is it bad that I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the thunderstorms will roll through and the games will get canceled?

WAKE UP POOF! ! ! ! !



Alright all you melting east coasters, who wants some snow! FREE SNOW My Yard, come and get it!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

What about the Complete Silence (v.9) thread?



Feel free to bump whatever you think should be on pg. 1.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Alright all you melting east coasters, who wants some snow! FREE SNOW My Yard, come and get it!



Unbelievable.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Unbelievable.



Not entirely Orc lived here as a boy once and they had snow on July 4.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Not entirely Orc lived here as a boy once and they had snow on July 4.



I was going to ask why you'd want to live there, but everyone has their own priorities.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I was going to ask why you'd want to live there, but everyone has their own priorities.



I actually like the snow, and now that the students are gone it really is a great town. Orc lived all over as a boy, so to him this is home. We are actually open to moving, but that involves having jobs when we get there, which can be easier said than done. We are thinking of heading further west, even talked about going so far west we are in the East, but for the sake of my parents we wouldn't be able to stay over there.

The snow would be fun right now if the baby was a bit older, but it's just a bit too cold to keep her out that long.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I actually like the snow, and now that the students are gone it really is a great town. Orc lived all over as a boy, so to him this is home. We are actually open to moving, but that involves having jobs when we get there, which can be easier said than done. We are thinking of heading further west, even talked about going so far west we are in the East, but for the sake of my parents we wouldn't be able to stay over there.

The snow would be fun right now if the baby was a bit older, but it's just a bit too cold to keep her out that long.



Why not further east? There's a lot of "east" before you get to the coast. Or south?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
KtCallista wrote:Alright all you melting east coasters, who wants some snow! FREE SNOW My Yard, come and get it!



*raises hand and jumps up and down frantically* Me! Me! Me! I want the snow! It's way too hot here.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Why not further east? There's a lot of "east" before you get to the coast. Or south?



too close to FIL and too flat! Not sure if we want to go all the way to the NE. Orc lived in the south and didn't like it. too humid. we could probably handle as far east as Colorado.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
selli wrote:*raises hand and jumps up and down frantically* Me! Me! Me! I want the snow! It's way too hot here.



Come and get it, bring a rake.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
KtCallista wrote:Come and get it, bring a rake.



If only I could...

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
selli wrote:If only I could...



I just find it amusing listening to NPR weather. On the eastern seaboard there is a sever summer heat warning with temperatures in the triple digits. Walamutt through Snowqualmie there is a snow road advisory, please be on the lookout for snow flurries and obscured driving conditions.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Whoa! The awning just retracted itself. Guess the sensor works.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Whoa! The awning just retracted itself. Guess the sensor works.



That's wonderful! I am glad it works.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus


Well, I've had no power for 6 days.

I can't describe the yuckiness of that kind of life, despite our spending 2 nights in the Marriott. We came home yesterday, because the power was supposed to be fixed, but that didn't get done until today. So, an unpleasant night in a sweltering dark house.

Kids were remarkably resilient, considering the situation.

I'll post more about it as I start to get things better set up. Son has karate in a bit, after school, so may not be on much until this evening.

I am seriously sick of fast food.

selli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
Josephus wrote:Well, I've had no power for 6 days.

I can't describe the yuckiness of that kind of life, despite our spending 2 nights in the Marriott. We came home yesterday, because the power was supposed to be fixed, but that didn't get done until today. So, an unpleasant night in a sweltering dark house.

Kids were remarkably resilient, considering the situation.

I'll post more about it as I start to get things better set up. Son has karate in a bit, after school, so may not be on much until this evening.

I am seriously sick of fast food.



Welcome back to the 21st century Josephus. Uh, please go take a shower.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Josephus wrote:Well, I've had no power for 6 days.

I can't describe the yuckiness of that kind of life, despite our spending 2 nights in the Marriott. We came home yesterday, because the power was supposed to be fixed, but that didn't get done until today. So, an unpleasant night in a sweltering dark house.

Kids were remarkably resilient, considering the situation.

I'll post more about it as I start to get things better set up. Son has karate in a bit, after school, so may not be on much until this evening.

I am seriously sick of fast food.



I think I would have been in the Marriott six nights. I wouldn't be able to stand the heat. Are you one of the last to have power restored?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pedroREE


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedroREE

god i want meatloaf so bad... but its too hot to fire up the oven

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Afternoon folks!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:Afternoon folks!



Hi, Zea.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:Well, I've had no power for 6 days.

I can't describe the yuckiness of that kind of life, despite our spending 2 nights in the Marriott. We came home yesterday, because the power was supposed to be fixed, but that didn't get done until today. So, an unpleasant night in a sweltering dark house.

Kids were remarkably resilient, considering the situation.

I'll post more about it as I start to get things better set up. Son has karate in a bit, after school, so may not be on much until this evening.

I am seriously sick of fast food.



Wow Joe, sounds like it would have been a good time for an impromptu family vacation to somewhere colder. Glad the power is back now.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:I think I would have been in the Marriott six nights. I wouldn't be able to stand the heat. Are you one of the last to have power restored?



Yeah, I don't know if we're last. The worst thing for us is just that you can't know what's up- we pretty much had to stay there until it was finally clear that we had arrangements with the electricians to come on Monday morning to rebuild the wiring on the outside of the house- see, the storm blew a big branch down and knocked down the electric wires from the pole to the house- it also knocked the meter to the ground and all the heavy pipe and stuff that they have to put all over it so people don't steal it.

Anyway, that stuff all has to be put back up by me, on my expense, ( about $1000) before the power company will come back and connect it back up.

So, the electricians finished on Monday afternoon, about 2:00 PM.

The power company says, fine, we'll connect it back up at about 5:00. oh, that's 5:00 A.M.

I said, OK, do you have a plan for the broken branches that are hanging over it? Because if there's any wind, it's all coming back down again.

(Forecast: severe thunderstorms and high winds this evening, and tomorrow afternoon and evening)

They said, what branches? This is after I pointed them out to 3 different PEPCO representatives, and discussed them with 2 other representatives. Ineplicably, none of this info got to the people it needed to go to.

regardless, about 10:00 this morning they came. Then they ordered up some tree guys. They came about 11:00. Then they ordered a street crew, who came about 11:30. They directed traffic while the tree guys started lopping off branches. by 12:30 the tree was cut out of the way, and the "heavy-up" electricians were done reconnecting us, and it was all over for PEPCO. We still have to get the phone line off the yard, and we have to get the cable gone somehow. We don't use it, and it's going to be hard to get Comcast to hang it back up since we use DirecTV.

We also have a bunch of brush and limbs to get rid of.

and this is just the aftermath. I haven't even told you about what the storm was like...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
KtCallista wrote:Wow Joe, sounds like it would have been a good time for an impromptu family vacation to somewhere colder. Glad the power is back now.




Yeah, like the surface of the sun. or the earth's core. Both of those places would have been cooler, I think.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Josephus wrote:Yeah, I don't know if we're last. The worst thing for us is just that you can't know what's up- we pretty much had to stay there until it was finally clear that we had arrangements with the electricians to come on Monday morning to rebuild the wiring on the outside of the house- see, the storm blew a big branch down and knocked down the electric wires from the pole to the house- it also knocked the meter to the ground and all the heavy pipe and stuff that they have to put all over it so people don't steal it.

Anyway, that stuff all has to be put back up by me, on my expense, ( about $1000) before the power company will come back and connect it back up.

So, the electricians finished on Monday afternoon, about 2:00 PM.

The power company says, fine, we'll connect it back up at about 5:00. oh, that's 5:00 A.M.

I said, OK, do you have a plan for the broken branches that are hanging over it? Because if there's any wind, it's all coming back down again.

(Forecast: severe thunderstorms and high winds this evening, and tomorrow afternoon and evening)

They said, what branches? This is after I pointed them out to 3 different PEPCO representatives, and discussed them with 2 other representatives. Ineplicably, none of this info got to the people it needed to go to.

regardless, about 10:00 this morning they came. Then they ordered up some tree guys. They came about 11:00. Then they ordered a street crew, who came about 11:30. They directed traffic while the tree guys started lopping off branches. by 12:30 the tree was cut out of the way, and the "heavy-up" electricians were done reconnecting us, and it was all over for PEPCO. We still have to get the phone line off the yard, and we have to get the cable gone somehow. We don't use it, and it's going to be hard to get Comcast to hang it back up since we use DirecTV.

We also have a bunch of brush and limbs to get rid of.

and this is just the aftermath. I haven't even told you about what the storm was like...



Waiting for the story with bated breath.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hi Poof! Hi Joe! Glad your back!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Dr. J and Ms. KtC should trade homes.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Dr. J and Ms. KtC should trade homes.



Ha!Ha!

I bet that's funny!

I have to go get my other kid from KinderKare, before the current storm comes too close.

Well Manos, the Hands of Fate! My blood sugar is reall low, I'm afraid to drive now!

edit: wife went instead. whew!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Well Manos, the Hands of Fate! My blood sugar is reall low, I'm afraid to drive now!



DR. J, EAT SOMETHING! NOW!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Take care Joe!

Ok, I can live with the I just sneezed all over myself. of EBW now.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:DR. J, EAT SOMETHING! NOW!



dealt with.

gwp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
daj59 wrote:Take care Joe!

Ok, I can live with the I just sneezed all over myself. of EBW now.



Much better. And gesundheit.