cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
zea3 wrote:Warm! Couldn't stand it anymore and turned on the a/c. I've been trying to keep it off during the day to keep costs down.

bah! I grew up without an air conditioner.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:I'm about to turn it on. It's up to 79 here.

93 here. Plus I am in a small upstairs room.

zea3

cruzer wrote:bah! I grew up without an air conditioner.

Yeah, in freakin' COLORADO!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
zea3 wrote:Yeah, in freakin' COLORADO!

Just finished levelling ground with sand, putting a kiddie pool down, then inflating and filling it. All with mosquitoes getting a buffet feast. But it's done. There. Now, to see if the kids wanna swim in it..

zea3

SkekTek wrote:Just finished levelling ground with sand, putting a kiddie pool down, then inflating and filling it. All with mosquitoes getting a buffet feast. But it's done. There. Now, to see if the kids wanna swim in it..

How big a kiddie pool are we talking here?

cruzer

zea3 wrote:Yeah, in freakin' COLORADO!

doesn't change the fact.

SkekTek

zea3 wrote:How big a kiddie pool are we talking here?

A smallish Spiderman 3 pool we got on clearance last year (think it's 6' by 8' by about 1 1/2 feet deep). Wife doesn't want me to inflate the larger blue inflatable one (that's 36" deep) on fears that if she naps outside the 2 year old might fall in and drown. So we got the shallow one up.

EDIT: It's this one

zea3

SkekTek wrote:A smallish Spiderman 3 pool we got on clearance last year (think it's 6' by 8' by about 1 1/2 feet deep). Wife doesn't want me to inflate the larger blue inflatable one (that's 36" deep) on fears that if she naps outside the 2 year old might fall in and drown. So we got the shallow one up.

EDIT: It's this one

It looks pretty cool! Does it have a squirting Spiderman on top? We had one of these Which was a big waste of money! Couldn't keep the darn thing clean and it kept leaning to one side after a while. I refer to it as the big bag of water.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Hey PWA's!

zea3

Turken wrote:Hey PWA's!

Turken! Long time no see! How's it going?

Turken

zea3 wrote:Turken! Long time no see! How's it going?

Busy! Got the afternoon off early today (flex schedule for summer! yay!) and I'm avoiding the work that needs to be done at home now.

zea3

Turken wrote:Busy! Got the afternoon off early today (flex schedule for summer! yay!) and I'm avoiding the work that needs to be done at home now.

Let me see if I have this right, you do research at a university?

Turken

zea3 wrote:Let me see if I have this right, you do research at a university?

I did until I graduated in may of '07. Now I do research at a not-for-profit research organization (the one that was sponsoring my research at the university).

But, since I got the new job I've been blocked from forum chatting at work or busy with life at home, and haven't really spent much time hanging around here. Averaged maybe a post every month or so for the past year.

zea3

Turken wrote:I did until I graduated in may of '07. Now I do research at a not-for-profit research organization (the one that was sponsoring my research at the university).

But, since I got the new job I've been blocked from forum chatting at work or busy with life at home, and haven't really spent much time hanging around here. Averaged maybe a post every month or so for the past year.

I know how busy life can get. Hopefully some of the others will pop in while you are here. Buy anything from this wootoff?

EDIT: The posting is a little flaky in woot lately. If it starts to act up and not post your comments then go to the EBW in shirt.woot or wine.woot and it should work fine.

cruzer

Turken wrote:Hey PWA's!

Hi Turken!

Bye Turken!

See y'all on the other end

zea3

cruzer wrote:

doesn't change the fact.

That's like saying you grew up without a/c in Antartica! I wonder how long you would have lasted without a heater up there!

Turken

zea3 wrote:I know how busy life can get. Hopefully some of the others will pop in while you are here. Buy anything from this wootoff?

EDIT: The posting is a little flaky in woot lately. If it starts to act up and not post your comments then go to the EBW in shirt.woot or wine.woot and it should work fine.

Haven't bought anything yet, probably won't buy anything the whole woot-off unless I really need it. Money's a lot tighter cause we just got a new house and are in the process of fixing it up. Unless Woot happens to put up a nice bottom-freezer french-door fridge... then I'd consider jumping on the big yellow button right quick.

zea3

Turken wrote:Haven't bought anything yet, probably won't buy anything the whole woot-off unless I really need it. Money's a lot tighter cause we just got a new house and are in the process of fixing it up. Unless Woot happens to put up a nice bottom-freezer french-door fridge... then I'd consider jumping on the big yellow button right quick.

I would love to have one of those. What all do you have to do to the house?

Turken

zea3 wrote:I would love to have one of those. What all do you have to do to the house?

Better question is what DON't we need to do... the house has lots of potential and a great location, but seriously needs some cleaning and fixing throughout.

(PM'd you with a link to some pictures)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Turken! Hi. Or is he gone?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

zea3

Turken wrote:Better question is what DON't we need to do... the house has lots of potential and a great location, but seriously needs some cleaning and fixing throughout.

(PM'd you with a link to some pictures)

Wow! Is that your stuff or the previous owner's?

SkekTek

zea3 wrote:It looks pretty cool! Does it have a squirting Spiderman on top? We had one of these Which was a big waste of money! Couldn't keep the darn thing clean and it kept leaning to one side after a while. I refer to it as the big bag of water.

Hah! We have one of those (36" deep). Wife won't let me put it up with the 2 yr old.

We just got back in the house. Eldest had a blast. The hand shoots out water like a sprinkler (hooks into the hose through a valve in his elbow). Didn't exactly like the cold water, so I would turn it off, then on randomly to get him. After 40 minutes and almost blue lips, I called him done and hauled him back inside. Was fun though for him (boring for me cuz I'm not going into 15 inches of ice cold water!).

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Hah! We have one of those (36" deep). Wife won't let me put it up with the 2 yr old.

We just got back in the house. Eldest had a blast. The hand shoots out water like a sprinkler (hooks into the hose through a valve in his elbow). Didn't exactly like the cold water, so I would turn it off, then on randomly to get him. After 40 minutes and almost blue lips, I called him done and hauled him back inside. Was fun though for him (boring for me cuz I'm not going into 15 inches of ice cold water!).

Turken

zea3 wrote:Wow! Is that your stuff or the previous owner's?

Previous owner's stuff. They moved out all but a dumpster's worth before we got possession of the house. Of course, even those photos are better than what I've heard from some of our new neighbors. Apparently the original owner was a pack rat. After he died (in the house I now learn... he went four days before anyone realized he was dead) his daughter cleared out some 10-15 dumpsters full of stuff from the house before she could move in. Multiple witnesses said the place was literally packed floor-to-ceiling with only narrow walkways to maneuver through the rooms.

Turken

pooflady wrote:Turken! Hi. Or is he gone?

Hey poof! I'm around for the moment. May be heading out again before long though.

zea3

SkekTek wrote:Hah! We have one of those (36" deep). Wife won't let me put it up with the 2 yr old.

Do you leave it set up? It should warm up nicely if you do.

zea3

Turken wrote:Previous owner's stuff. They moved out all but a dumpster's worth before we got possession of the house. Of course, even those photos are better than what I've heard from some of our new neighbors. Apparently the original owner was a pack rat. After he died (in the house I now learn... he went four days before anyone realized he was dead) his daughter cleared out some 10-15 dumpsters full of stuff from the house before she could move in. Multiple witnesses said the place was literally packed floor-to-ceiling with only narrow walkways to maneuver through the rooms.

That is amazing! It will be a great house when you are done.

pooflady

Turken wrote:Hey poof! I'm around for the moment. May be heading out again before long though.

Can I see pictures, too, please? When did you buy? Were you near the flooding?

Turken

pooflady wrote:Can I see pictures, too, please? When did you buy? Were you near the flooding?

PM'd ya. Bought it a couple months ago, but didn't get possession until a couple weeks back (so seller's kids could finish the school year). We're in the Chicagoland area now, and haven't had the flooding like the rest of the Midwest.

pooflady

Turken wrote:PM'd ya. Bought it a couple months ago, but didn't get possession until a couple weeks back (so seller's kids could finish the school year). We're in the Chicagoland area now, and haven't had the flooding like the rest of the Midwest.

I thought Chicago had something recently. Guess not.

SkekTek

zea3 wrote:Do you leave it set up? It should warm up nicely if you do.

Yeah, it's outside covered up by a tarp. Should be nice tomorrow when it gets hot.

pooflady

Turken wrote:PM'd ya. Bought it a couple months ago, but didn't get possession until a couple weeks back (so seller's kids could finish the school year). We're in the Chicagoland area now, and haven't had the flooding like the rest of the Midwest.

Yeah, you have your work cut out for you for a while, but it's got a lot of potential.

cruzer

hello again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

And back.

Two thumbs up for Get Smart. Silly movie but quite funny. Remember that I'm easily entertained though. Bro liked it too.

Cats fed. One dead mouse in the driveway put into body bag and disposed of.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Turken

Hey Cruzer & Daj!

Get Smart is good, eh? Good chance we'll be going to see it this weekend.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Struck out again. The woot gods hate me.

zea3

Poopy! I missed out on the carp! Kept pushing the button and nothing happened!

Turken

no1 wrote:Struck out again. The woot gods hate me.

none here either. this one went particularly fast and the product stats were kinda goofed, which makes me think that they're playing the split-the-carp-into-several-lots game again.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Struck out again. The woot gods hate me.

"you're in line" "We're basically sold out, but if one of the people ahead of you gets denied, we'll sell the carp to the next person in line."

Bastards changed the ordering process again. I ordered it twice, but it flipped me back to the order page the first time, and the second time it took my order, but I had to unexpectedly enter my name as it appears on the credit card, something that has not been asked before. I was easily in time the first time, this just pisses me off.

pooflady

Turken wrote:none here either. this one went particularly fast and the product stats were kinda goofed, which makes me think that they're playing the split-the-carp-into-several-lots game again.

I was away from the computer for 15 minutes. That figures, although I probably wouldn't have got one anyway. And we're going out to dinner shortly, so if it comes up again, I'll miss that one, too.