2%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let's see !

Refurbished Apple iPod 3rd Generation 8GB Nano, for $124.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Apple iPod 3rd Generation 8GB Nano

What do you want to do ?

m2n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2n

Cool! Apple Rules!, Thanks Woot!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

tons of reviews on Amazon and they're all good. 4.5 or higher...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=iPod+8GB+Nano

4.8-ish on Buzzillions too...
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?Ntt=iPod+8GB+Nano+&N=0&D=x

p.s. happy bday america.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

sarahr84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sarahr84

How well can you see the screens outside?

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag

Wasn't there a time when all the Wooters were complaining there were no iPods on Woot? And now listen to ya. There is no making you Wooters happy.

nathangimpel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathangimpel

I'd be in for one if the price was a little better. I'd rather just spend $20 more and get the same thing from Apple with more color options and a MUCH longer warranty.

readparse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages readparse

But...

... does it work with a..

...Mac?

Seriously, though... pretty good deal if you want a respiffied. Apple sells their own refurbs and an 8GB nano of the current (third) generation, refurbed, from Apple, will run you $149. So this may very well be a sweet deal if you're in the market for such a thing.

yankclippr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yankclippr

What is an iPod and how do they spawn? Three generations for the Nano family? Damn, they multiply quickly....

Torpov

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Torpov
sarahr84 wrote:How well can you see the screens outside?

I'm fairly capable of viewing my nano's screen outside, unless I have sunglasses on (polarized lenses and whatnot).

michaelk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelk

Not for me... Last bought one last time and it had two scratches and was infected with a worm. The respiffied company stated that since the damage was 'cosmetic' and the device booted, I was SOL...

Better to buy from Apple.

nrupaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrupaw

I picked up one of these a couple of months ago from woot. its works great. except the USB cable it came with was faulty. it wouldn't connect to the computer right and the computer wouldn't recognize the iPod. went to the store and bought a wall charge for the ipod and it came with the USB cable attachment. so use that now. 20 bucks more but still cheaper than buying its off the shelf.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Does this 8GB nano come in pink? Maybe you can buy this one, then pull some super sneaky sneaks and exchange it at target or some used electronics store or whatever for a pink one. I don't know, i'm just sayin. I think people would want a pink one.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

zontor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zontor

Want but rumor has a refresh of the lower end ipod lineup at the end of this month.

Is only rumor but that and the fact that other retailers seem to be blowing out their refurbs too...

90 day non apple warranty is a put off too - got a scratched up respiffied zune from woot too - gonna pass.

Leave me alone

malignifier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malignifier

zomg you gotz teh ipod

katsuki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katsuki

don't buy a respiffied from woot, they are all scratched up, why wouldn't I buy one from ebay if it is used? cheaper on ebay too

pezancik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pezancik

Finally got the (also respiffed, also Woot) Sansa 8GB yesterday (don't ask where it got sent to!). 5/8th of the price or so and a better player. I have the 3rd gen nano and it is pretty carp not that it is a bad player, but it is not that good. Sound quality is OK, but it does not compare well with the better players (Cowon/Iaudio or Iriver for example). Clickwheel is really awful if you do sports, it does not respond to sweaty fingers. the clickwheel also dies very fast, after 7 months it often refuses to go back/forward so you have to use the menu to go through the playlist. Of course if you shuffle songs, well you just have to wait until the song is over...
Yes, the nano is really light, its LCD is good and its extensive support for playlists is useful. Just get Winamp to manage the damn thing, Itunes is total rubbish, in my 15years of PC experience this was the first program that has defeated me, I was not able to install its iteration 7.5 + and was so glad to remove it from my PC.
Would I trust a reFurby from Apple, not really, since the original is already quite weak, I don't think they will fare very well.
The Sansa e200 they had here is a much more solid build. granted it is heavier, but in this case it makes you feel safer about the original build of the product.

bscrivn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bscrivn

I just got the SanDisk video 4gb via woot. plus the girlie already got the 8gb nano for $200 plus at BestBuy. Passing on this so I'm not an mp3/video player pack rat.

tjorrino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjorrino
malignifier wrote:

zomg you gotz teh ipod

Where'd you get the dead cat? Looks fresh.

beejreit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beejreit

129+ 20 =x= 199 ?????

its an 8gig

grant2145

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grant2145

My 4th MP3 Player but something I can finally watch video on at work without getting caught. The old nano works but not too long before the battery is dead. Sorry for the 62,000 that lost jobs last month.

mjm99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjm99
nathangimpel wrote:I'd be in for one if the price was a little better. I'd rather just spend $20 more and get the same thing from Apple with more color options and a MUCH longer warranty.

for $150 you don't get all the color options and it's only 4 gb

jrbolton02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrbolton02
mjm99 wrote:for $150 you don't get all the color options and it's only 4 gb

I Think he was talking about the refurbished 1s

Refurbished iPod nano 8GB $149 (Black, Pink, Silver, Blue, Green) with a 1 year warranty

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=MTMwNTQ&fnode=home/specialdeals/ipod/rhs&nplm=FB261LL/A

Another useless product that I just had to have.

rialtus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rialtus

Dangit. I just received mine from the last wootoff for $5 more than this. BTW, there are no scratches on the one I got and it works perfectly.

jambuckles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jambuckles

Yep..I have to say Apple refurbs at apple.com have a better deal since it includes a one year warranty from the oem. I love woot and the sansa I got, but this is $$$$ and respiffied suxors when not oem.

SDMIKE

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SDMIKE
tjorrino wrote:Oooooo! Me too! What's a Woot-Off? Thanks for asking. I was afraid to. Do you have to wear Star Trek costumes to participate?

Instead of selling one thing per night, they sell something until it sells out, then put another item up. The event is characterized by flashing yellow lights and a progress bar under the item picture, and it can go on for over a day. Some things can sell out it seconds, so "wooters" often become unproductive sloths (or even MORE unproductive) while staring at their computer screens for hours and hours on end, hitting refresh constantly

Having said that, I bought 4 things during the last woot off.

Signed - The Sloth

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

I pick the green one so I can show off my environmentally clean lifestyle.

satinandlace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages satinandlace

$125 for a refurbished 8 gig when you can get a brand spankin' new 80 gig for $250? no thanks!

shoeguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shoeguy

Is anyone else here having problems with raccoons in their barn?

MrZucchiniHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrZucchiniHead

i almost bought one at walmart today

woot > walmart

nickiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickiel

What is green about picking green as a color? No insult here....I just was wondering cuz I do the same thing....

bpacana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpacana
yankclippr wrote:What is an iPod and how do they spawn? Three generations for the Nano family? Damn, they multiply quickly....

Yeah they spawn alright (redesign, very slight upgrades), just to get people to buy, buy, buy. When you buy this ipod... look to it being "obsolete" next month when Apple comes out with their new design with touchscreen technology. Are you sure you want to buy it?

fritzpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fritzpatch
bpacana wrote:Yeah they spawn alright (redesign, very slight upgrades), just to get people to buy, buy, buy. When you buy this ipod... look to it being "obsolete" next month when Apple comes out with their new design with touchscreen technology. Are you sure you want to buy it?

Woot OFF!!Woot OFF!!Woot OFF!!Woot OFF!!Woot OFF!!Woot OFF!!

Woot OFF!!

Woot OFF!!

myshack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myshack

for only another $20 you can get this through apple with the 1 year warranty....

PohTayToez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PohTayToez
nathangimpel wrote:I'd be in for one if the price was a little better. I'd rather just spend $20 more and get the same thing from Apple with more color options and a MUCH longer warranty.

myshack wrote:for only another $20 you can get this through apple with the 1 year warranty....

You're mistaken... the 8GB version goes for $200 on store.apple.com, the 4GB is the one that is $150 and is only available in silver.

I just order 3.... eBay here I come!

EDIT:
My bad... I had no idea that there was a certified apple refurbed store. Still, I should make a few bucks on eBay.

mason4300

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mason4300

Would definitely be a crazy deal deserving of that description...if it weren't a respiffied.

trnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trnelson

blah respiffied. pewp. hype I am an un-original person.

myshack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myshack
PohTayToez wrote:You're mistaken... the 8GB version goes for $200 on store.apple.com, the 4GB is the one that is $150 and is only available in silver.

I just order 3.... eBay here I come!

EDIT:
My bad... I had no idea that there was a certified apple refurbed store. Still, I should make a few bucks on eBay.

thats alright.
The refurbished apple store is definitely the way to go

anickode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anickode

Don't need one... have a Touch. but WOOT FTW anyway.

jonnyoboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnyoboy
107proof wrote:I was expecting a better 4th of July woot! oh well. Going to bed!

For those of us who were expecting a little something more for July 4th, I found this wgreat deal on a watch on a DOD site, an Invicta Aviator Swiss, sapphire etc.. for $99 with a $2.32 off coupon code HAPPY4TH

Check it ou at diamondshark.com

Happy 4th Y'all....Off 2 bed.