quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom
$79.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p HD Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

StephStuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StephStuff

I have one of these, paid a lot more but it works great.

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let's see !

Refurbished Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom, for $79.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p HD Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

What do you want to do ?

JerryLees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JerryLees

froogle link, incase your interested in the camera. Pretty good deal.

Get Xbox360 Gamer signatures for your favorite games here!
The Stupidest stuff blog

quartermane

quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane

Bought one here for $99 a couple of months ago. Good camera, decent pictures, works ok. It can eat its weight in batteries in a day though. Better invest in rechargables.

happy wooting, gnite

Knickfan91

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Knickfan91

seems good..probably better than my Lumix LZ-5. unfortunately, I just spent the 85$ I had after selling a broken Cowon D2 on a 2gb sansa clip, Equation RP-21's, and JVC marshmallows. Oh well.

chinchillables

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinchillables
StephStuff wrote:I have one of these, paid a lot more but it works great.

so true. I have 2 (older models of course) but they are great indeed.

;-p

norwegiangeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norwegiangeek

I got one of these from Woot earlier this year.

The only complaint I have is it's clearly a respiffied...The screen is loose and wiggles around and it doesn't always turn on.

Also, make sure you buy a SDHC card if you plan on taking video or it'll be choppy.

For $80 though, it's not a bad deal.

Phil99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phil99

My first digital camera did not have a view-finder BIG MISTAKE... never again

philmo14741

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philmo14741

Does anyone know how good the lens is? That is what is most important, 12 MP is ridiculous and you don't need that many MPS. If you have a god lens you can get great pictures out of a 1 MP camera. So back to my original question how good is the lens?

Chevreau

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chevreau

Le sigh. I too purchased this camera when it was available for $99. I would definitely say it's worth it if you are not a serious photographer but still appreciate being able to capture really nifty images with a tiny device.

And yes, it does consume batteries very, very quickly (though my Eneloop rechargeables last longer than regular alkalines and do the job quite well).

rmeden

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rmeden

Got this camera from woot before.

Works great.. love it. Has some cool features like auto-stitching panoramic photos.

Some folks didn't like a pause after a few pictures (writing to the SD card I suspect). I run in 6MP mode, not 12MP and the delay is not annoying to me.

ViperGuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ViperGuy
Phil99 wrote:My first digital camera did not have a view-finder BIG MISTAKE... never again

Why is that?
Every digital camera I have owned has one but I NEVER used it, that's why they have those nice LCD view finders.

Barrel of Cropsless since 2005
Like music and Woot! join the group and check out the crappy music I listen to.

Yitzy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Yitzy

Did Woot read my mind?

My Polaroid T737 that I bought from Woot some time ago, broke on Saturday thanks to an unfortunate incident with some change.

I loved that camera and this seems to be on par with it. I'm in for one.

uski

Anyone who owns this camera can comment on the ease of use of its internal menus ?

I think it may be a good buy as a first camera for elderly or young people - unless it's too complex to operate.

jbuccola

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jbuccola

Don't for a second believe that because this thing sports 12 megapixels that it automatically means the image is superior. Image quality is dependent on so many other factors, including the lens, the size of the sensor, the technology controlling capture, and the pieces in the chain post-capture.

Here's a fantastic primer on digital camera specifications from Panavision and Canon - if you are into digital image capture, this one's for you (see "Demystifying Digital Camera Specifications"):
http://media.panavision.com/ScreeningRoom/Screening_Room/Box_Office.html

And for a more direct discussion on megapixels, professional photographer Ken Rockwell offers up a great thesis on the subject:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

Of course, if you're shopping for an inexpensive point and shoot, I suppose none of this is very relevant.

http://suburbanit.blogspot.com

midiwall

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midiwall
rmeden wrote:Got this camera from woot before.

Works great.. love it. Has some cool features like auto-stitching panoramic photos.

Some folks didn't like a pause after a few pictures (writing to the SD card I suspect). I run in 6MP mode, not 12MP and the delay is not annoying to me.

100% "ditto".

I love the camera... It's small, fits well in the hand, has a great set of features, it's a great deal

Battery wise, I run Duracell 2650mah rechargables in it and have no complaints.

:: Mark

syntax1269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntax1269

WOW! $182.59 at amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000NOSUAU

soularmor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soularmor
philmo14741 wrote:Does anyone know how good the lens is? That is what is most important, 12 MP is ridiculous and you don't need that many MPS. If you have a god lens you can get great pictures out of a 1 MP camera. So back to my original question how good is the lens?

I don't know the specs on the lens but have seen some sample pictures. You can surely see that the 12mp is to cover up the lack of quality they put in the lens and other features.

voidist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voidist

Need Anti-Shake.

rmeden

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rmeden
Phil99 wrote:My first digital camera did not have a view-finder BIG MISTAKE... never again

I agree, but unfortunately, it's becoming pretty common. In daylight, just cup your hand over the LCD to AIM... it hasn't been a big problem for me.

uski

ViperGuy wrote:Why is that?
Every digital camera I have owned has one but I NEVER used it, that's why they have those nice LCD view finders.

In very low light conditions it's hard to compose your picture without a viewfinder because what you'll see is a black screen (the camera has to use its flash to see anything) whereas if you had a viewfinder you could centre it properly by looking through it.

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

I like this camera. My g/f bought one here for $99. I liked it so much I picked one up during the next woot off. It's been a couple months and I still haven't quit playing with all the features. It's no SLR, but you can do a lot of manual stuff, and the quality is quite good - it's 12MP after all. I've seen the comments about battery life, but I always use rechargeables, and most of the time I run out of space on my 2GB SD card well before I kill the batteries. Anyway, caveat emptor, but I'm happy with mine at $99, $79 is a great price.

soularmor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soularmor

Here's a good review

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digitalcameras/0,39030233,49294745,00.htm

Akaisaru7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Akaisaru7

I'm in for 1. This will be the 7th (yes, SEVENTH) Kodak digital camera that I've purchased. As for the question about the camera's menus, I have never had a Kodak camera that my non-technical husband can't figure out. He even figured out the Panoramic setting on his V570 before I got a chance to play with it. So yes, the Kodak menus are easy to navigate in my experience. Yahoo.com is listing this same camera for $199+ so the $80 price tag (even though it's a respiffied) is an awesome deal. The last 2 refurbs I got from my last Woot work great. Good Luck!

booda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booda

Description says it has digital stabilization. Is this the same as anti-shake?

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

Oh, that IS the one problem I have with this camera is the lack of a visual viewfinder. On the other hand, I've taken pictures of Jupiter in the night sky, using nothing but the built-in 5x optical zoom, and been able to distinguish up to three moons. No kidding.

SBC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBC

As Consumer Reports said, "Image stabilizer is only simulated." That's the best definition I have ever read of the feature "digital stabilizer."

etimus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etimus

good camera. and it's fun taking videos in high def.

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak
booda wrote:Description says it has digital stabilization. Is this the same as anti-shake?

There are two kinds of anti-shake.
"Optical" means it's really happening, by compensating at the lens or sensor. This is the good kind.
"Digital" means it's done in software. This is the not so good kind. Digital stabilization is fake, like digital zoom.

IamApple

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamApple

I got this camera for $100 last time it was on, I second guessed my purchase after I read all the comments, but I ended up loving it, Best camera I've ever had, the 720p Video is tons of fun, and it takes really good pictures.

Jaxidian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian

I'm in the market for a camera and this looks like it has some pretty good potential. I'm looking for the following things:
- Good/cheap P&S
- Decent low-light pics
- Decent high-speed/high-light pics
- The 720p video sounds badass!
- high optical zoom (don't give a damn about digital zoom)
- I can survive with less than 12MP (4-6MP is all I really need)

Given these things, is this a decent camera? If not, what others around the $100 mark should I consider? I'm not in a huge rush as I still have an old 3.2MP camera laying around to use in the mean time (an old Fujifilm FinePix from like 10 years ago), so if the best recommendation is to keep watching Woot for another model, that's acceptable to me.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

4.7 stars via the great reviewers at Buzzillions. Not bad...
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_570091_kodak_easyshare_z1275_zoom_digital_camera_reviews

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

IamApple

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamApple

If you get this camera, I would recommend atleast 4-6 rechargeable AA's to switch out, it uses them really fast, but thats what you get with a cheap camera.

sandman69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandman69

Does this record sound as well as video? Hw about sound with the pictures themselves? Hmmm.

Jaxidian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian
sandman69 wrote:Does this record sound as well as video? Hw about sound with the pictures themselves? Hmmm.

Video records sound. I highly doubt the pics have sound.

Wessoce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wessoce

Why would a picture need sound? Do you really need to hear yourself go "SAY CHEESE"?
If you want sound take a video. GEEZ