wootalyzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come
------------------------------------------------------------
Breville 15-Bar Die-Cast Espresso & Cappuccino Maker
$149.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Recertified

Product List:
- 1 Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Die-Cast Stainless Steel Espresso & Cappuccino Maker

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Krrose27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krrose27

yay, now i can drink it for cheaper then starbucks.
CHeap expresso forvever.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

4.6 stars on buzzillions. that's good...
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1489117_breville_die_cast_espresso_machine_reviews

79/100 from the alatest algorithm...
http://alatest.com/reviews/coffee-espresso-maker-reviews/breville-800esxl-espresso-machine/po3-41403136,332/

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera

If you buy Starbucks regularly, buy this instead, you'll save a ton in the long run!

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

looks cool and good name brand.

but haven't got the dough at the moment

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

aznviet207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznviet207

the former starbucks employee wants, but the poor college student living at home tells me to go to bed ...

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

I'm sorry, but a used appliance that makes food or beverages is gross. Even if it does use boiling hot water and air 15 times greater than atmospheric pressure.

steinhof

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steinhof

Check out these reviews:

http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/breville800esxl?SeeAll=1

lantastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lantastik

We have one of these and it is a commercial grade machine. They are great and luckily it was an anniversary gift. I guess they retail for around $400. So, even for a respiff, that is a great price.

johanmic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johanmic

399 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-800ESXL-Commercial-Triple-Priming-Die-Cast/dp/B00092ZVXA

mesmerelda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mesmerelda

too bad i gave up coffee.....sigh

mstradling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstradling

I have this. Bought it from a store for $300 new a while back for my wife. She loves it. She uses it almost every day. It's nice - feels like good quality. It makes a darn good espresso too.

dbarnett22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbarnett22

Define irony in 10 words or less.

Irony = This item - immediately following a woot-off.

Got my Ba11-gag of Cheese - life is good!!

Let the movement for beer.woot! begin! Write to the woot! gods service@woot.comto share your voice in favor of the beer.woot! movement.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I would still see what Costco and Sears have before I plop down the $$$ they want for this thing. Is it a deal even if it might be overkill?

greatwhite35

quality posts: 7 Private Messages greatwhite35
mesmerelda wrote:too bad i gave up coffee.....sigh

Why? Next to blood, coffee is our life juice. This machine can spit it out in high octane too!

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)

rogersb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogersb

I was just talking to my friend at work about spending mucho dinero for one of these. The appearance of this on WOOT was a message from God.

In for one - no question

ijestha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ijestha
elpepe wrote:I'm sorry, but a used appliance that makes food or beverages is gross. Even if it does use boiling hot water and air 15 times greater than atmospheric pressure.

Uhhh... That's better than the autoclave your doctor uses. Just sayin'

paulinaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulinaz

How good of quality can these be if so many broke to begin with and had to be refurbished? Maybe the die-cast parts are good, but what about the electronics?

lemonjelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonjelly

I bought the Alton Brown indirectly approved espresso machine last year and love it. This machine lists many of the same benefits I was looking for: good pressure, large water holding capacity, cup warming tray, loose grind and pod compatible, and not be ridiculously over the top looking.
But this item also has the swivel on the foam/water wand, larger cup clearance and includes the foaming cup. Plus it's $50 less than what I paid, and I scoured the net for the best deal.
Of course, mine was new...
If I didn't already have an espresso machine, I'd be all over this deal.

busterjonez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages busterjonez

Pressurized System? respiffied? Sounds like the recipe for a wicked steam burn...

I'll be keeping my arms and spending the extra dough on a new one. Shame, cause I am in the market, too.

sticknam50392

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sticknam50392

I was actually looking for a gift for a friend who really likes coffee....but I'm not buying this.
Why? Not because I dislike the product.
I'm not buying it because Woot just sent out SEVEN IDENTICAL TWEETS IN THE PAST 14 MINUTES ADVERTISING THIS DAMN PRODUCT.
NO. I DON'T want 7 text messages for every piece of ... you guys try to sell.
EDIT: Just got yet ANOTHER text.
STOP WOOT, JUST STOP.
EDIT: DIE WOOT, DIE. 10 text messages is 9 too many, I've stopped following Woot.

drsjr1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drsjr1

This product is woot's way of saying, "if you had one of these maybe you would have stayed up for the entire woot off..."

tubasparky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tubasparky

Utah ends up bright orange on the map for most Woots. I guess we love a good deal. However, Mormons don't drink coffee, so our state may stay dark for this one. I can't wait to see how that turns out.

daretogo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daretogo

So... is woot's twitter feed broken for anyone else for me? I have device updates on, so I've gotten like 5 text messages in the last 4 minutes.

Aaron Johnson
Woot!

BuckNekid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuckNekid

Great. A toilet paper dispenser followed by a carp-puccino machine.....

twolfe83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twolfe83

waited the wholllle woot-off for an espresso machine...now it shows up...and i need a double-shot from stayin up all night....i'm in for one

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

By the way, I would also like to say that the product description is very well done. Crisp writing and the perfect amount of cliche. Woot is turning into a creative writing site that sells electronics on the side.

Bunnyko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bunnyko

It has a stainless steel body and tamper, but what matters is if it has a stainless steel portafilter (the thing you put the espresso grounds in) does anyone know if that is stainless?

aussiesue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aussiesue

I'm in for one.... so why is it still like a woot-off without the lights?

RobertBruce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RobertBruce

How difficult is this to wash?

greginnj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greginnj
steinhof wrote:Check out these reviews:

http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/breville800esxl?SeeAll=1

Damn, beat me to it.

A friend of mine has this machine, and it makes excellent espresso. I've been lusting after it, and was tempted to get one at Williams sonoma at full retail price. (It used to be $399; the new model, the 820, is now $499 -- because it has both a steam and a hot water nozzle.).

Not everyone on coffeegeek loves it, but the majority do, and I've seen it myself. The reviews on Amazon are generally pretty favorable, too: 34 5-star, 18 4-star, 7 3-star, 9 2-star, and 4 1-star.

In for one, for sure!

-=greginnj=-

tubasparky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tubasparky
aussiesue wrote:I'm in for one.... so why is it still like a woot-off without the lights?

Because this is the new product for the day. If this thing sells out there won't be another Woot posted until Midnight tomorrow. That's the difference between a Woot-off and a regular Woot.

aussiesue

ijestha wrote:Uhhh... That's better than the autoclave your doctor uses. Just sayin'

last post is right... bet you didn't buy the toilet paper holder because of the germs on the FM knob.

aussiesue

tubasparky wrote:Because this is the new product for the day. If this thing sells out there won't be another Woot posted until Midnight tomorrow. That's the difference between a Woot-off and a regular Woot.

woops... i really am in Australia... it's already 3:30 in the afternoon... lost my time zones

joshl75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshl75

Been wantin one for a while now, specially since I've started roasting my own coffee!
WOOT!

tamalw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamalw

Cool beans. In for one.

This is pump-driven, which is better than the typical steam espresso machines that are much cheaper.

Also, @woot on twitter has gone insane. Will I have to unfollow?

joedrozal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedrozal

in for one...quit drinking so turning my wet bar into a --COFFEE BAR--...so sad

DigMe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages DigMe
Bunnyko wrote:It has a stainless steel body and tamper, but what matters is if it has a stainless steel portafilter (the thing you put the espresso grounds in) does anyone know if that is stainless?

A brass portafilter is the standard in high quality espresso machines. They are usually nickel-plated brass because it's heavier and holds heat better.

Looks like this one is stainless steel, not brass.
http://www.brevilleusa.com/products/800esxl/index.jsp?sku=800esxl&cID=108&pID=6&pvID=6

Look at the print ready produc sheet at the bottom of that link.

psionn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psionn

Woots loosing followers by the dozen every minute. Took a SS at 14,343. Taking bets on when it'll slip below the Dow Jones Industrial average.