armenk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armenk
jwink wrote:I was about to get the square trade warranty and i used the code for 30% off but i'm coming up with a total of $18.89 not $17.84, anyone else have this issue? I do have the purchase price at 149.99.

I just checked and it seems the price has gone up to 26.99 before the coupon so $18.89 is the correct price with the coupon.

chaznolan1117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaznolan1117

My replacement is on the Fed-ex truck for delivery

protozoider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages protozoider
marketheredge wrote:Where's the quickest, easiest walk-up place to find the Krups non-pressurized basket? Williams-Sonoma?

I couldn't find one, doubt you will either. I searched 3 different specialty kitchen stores, bed bath, and william-sanoma to come home with nothing. All william-sanoma had was a tamper that was way too small for any filter. No one had filters. I ordered mine on amazon. It's the best price I could find. Don't waste your time looking, just buy it on the Internet.

chaznolan1117

WooT!!

Here is the skinny....

Just got home and had a nice brown box on my porch......

Inside the box is a brand new unit, complete with pod adaptor!!!

Tested and works, hopefully no puddles!

Thanks Breville!

trnugent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trnugent
chaznolan1117 wrote: WooT!!

Here is the skinny....

Just got home and had a nice brown box on my porch......

Inside the box is a brand new unit, complete with pod adaptor!!!

Tested and works, hopefully no puddles!

Thanks Breville!

On what day did you return your original unit?

bbonnel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbonnel
trnugent wrote:On what day did you return your original unit?

Or more to the point, when did they receive your return?

chaznolan1117

bbonnel wrote:Or more to the point, when did they receive your return?

They were due to get it on Tuesday the 16th- They shipped mine on the 10th.

I had a great experience with them- aside from the original problem. I think they really stepped up to the plate on this one!

allnicksgone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allnicksgone
chaznolan1117 wrote:They were due to get it on Tuesday the 16th- They shipped mine on the 10th.

I had a great experience with them- aside from the original problem. I think they really stepped up to the plate on this one!

Just got my new one now. They only got my return yesterday. Breville shipped it even before receiving the one I sent back.

It has the pod filter. It doesn't have a rear water fill. Appears to be new, and not refurbished. Works great.

Way to go Breville.

bbonnel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbonnel
allnicksgone wrote:Just got my new one now. They only got my return yesterday. Breville shipped it even before receiving the one I sent back.

It has the pod filter. It doesn't have a rear water fill. Appears to be new, and not refurbished. Works great.

Way to go Breville.

Just got mine in and same thing, new, working fine, no rear fill but included pod basket. That's what I was assuming (they changed the model at some point to not have the rear fill but started adding the pod basket).

They were due to get mine on Monday and I'm in Texas (very near woot! actually) so they shipped same day or the next.

I'm happy 8-)

junior224466

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junior224466

I received my Fedex label and have sent the unit back. In the mean time I am looking into accessories...

I am looking into a grinder and have a question. I am thinking about the Breville BCG459XL Ikon Conical Burr Grinder model. I see that some think it needs a modification to grind for espresso. Others seem to think that the 'espresso' grind is fine, but if it weren't, the grinder has a 'Turkish' setting that is an even finer grind than the 'espresso' grind. Are we talking about the same machine or are we comparing an older model with a newer model?

Link to Breville BCG459XL Ikon Conical Burr Grinder:
http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BCG459XL-Ikon-Conical-Grinder/dp/B000MDHH0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1224170928&sr=1-1

Thanks,
Jim

marketheredge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marketheredge

Jim,
It's the same model. If you're happy using the Breville pressurized filters, it probably won't matter; it's a somewhat newfangled, sort-of shortcut way of making espresso that is a little less picky about grounds because of the forced pressurization. But if you're a tinkerer and don't like the idea of pressurized filters and 'fake' crema, then you'll probably substitute a non-pressurized filter and THEN the grounds will still be slightly too coarse even on the Turkish coffee setting. Fortunately, the relatively simple modification results in even finer grounds and, in my opinion, a very good espresso. I'm more than content to start out with my Woot purchase and matching Breville grinder and experience the 'poor' man's espresso setup for a few years before even thinking about the happy insanity of $1000+ home grinders and machines. We are in a recession, after all!
Mark

junior224466 wrote:I received my Fedex label and have sent the unit back. In the mean time I am looking into accessories...

I am looking into a grinder and have a question. I am thinking about the Breville BCG459XL Ikon Conical Burr Grinder model. I see that some think it needs a modification to grind for espresso. Others seem to think that the 'espresso' grind is fine, but if it weren't, the grinder has a 'Turkish' setting that is an even finer grind than the 'espresso' grind. Are we talking about the same machine or are we comparing an older model with a newer model?

Thanks,
Jim

pheasantdog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pheasantdog

Has anyone used the Capresso Infinity grinder? The reviews on it say it will grind as fine as anyone could want. I have one but have used it for my drip coffee maker. I'll report back as soon as my replacement machine arrives.

junior224466

Thanks Mark. That’s what I needed to know.

Yes, I'm a tinkerer. I plan on getting the non-pressurized filter, tamper, as well as the grinder.

Krups 0907163 2 Cup Filter (non-pressurized)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PJ6R8A
RSVP Terry's Tamper
http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-TAM-Terrys-Tamper/dp/B0001XRNEM/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b
2-Ounce Shot Glass (When I get my machine back I need to measure to see if these fit)
http://www.amazon.com/Espresso-Supply-2-Ounce-Shot-Glass/dp/B0016C2O6O/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

Just to make sure, Here are the instructions I found for the Breville modification…
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.coffee/2008-02/msg00541.html

Thanks again,
Jim

marketheredge wrote:Jim,
It's the same model. If you're happy using the Breville pressurized filters, it probably won't matter; it's a somewhat newfangled, sort-of shortcut way of making espresso that is a little less picky about grounds because of the forced pressurization. But if you're a tinkerer and don't like the idea of pressurized filters and 'fake' crema, then you'll probably substitute a non-pressurized filter and THEN the grounds will still be slightly too coarse even on the Turkish coffee setting. Fortunately, the relatively simple modification results in even finer grounds and, in my opinion, a very good espresso. I'm more than content to start out with my Woot purchase and matching Breville grinder and experience the 'poor' man's espresso setup for a few years before even thinking about the happy insanity of $1000+ home grinders and machines. We are in a recession, after all!
Mark

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
armenk wrote:I just checked and it seems the price has gone up to 26.99 before the coupon so $18.89 is the correct price with the coupon.

Well, poo. The price goes up, the coupon expires, AND I can't even use twtyoff.

move along

protozoider

For those of you in the market for a grinder I made a video of how to modify a cheapo burr grinder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqL63pjoiDc

Check it out. I compared my grind to a starbucks turkish grind and it looked almost the same. My modification is less consistent than a high priced grinder BUT you can get a good enough espresso grind to pull a good shot if you want to take the time to tinker with the machine. It only takes a few minutes to modify but will take quite a bit of time to get the perfect consistency for a shot. However, it's also whether you want to spend $50 or $300. I can't guarantee you'll get a good grind from doing my mod but it's possible. It's all on your mechanical ability and you'll have to fine tune the machine until you get the perfect setting.

After much research I have found you can not do a real espresso grind with a grinder under $200. That is unless you modify a grinder. They have a safety catch to keep you from damaging the burrs. The burrs need to be very close together to achieve an espresso grind.

bellafrau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellafrau

Here is one interesting video post on YouTube. Guy is pretty angry about his machine! It's kind of funny.

BTW, should we go for the SquareTrade warranty even if they replace our unit? I am wondering, as the only receipt we would have would show a 90 day respiffied on it. TIA!

jurisnipper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jurisnipper

Just received my replacement. Contrary to what they told me ("We'll ship you a brand new one as our way of saying we're sorry for the inconvenience"), the replacement is a reconditioned unit. Not cool.

The new unit is packaged a little differently, but it is still an 800ESXL.

This one also has the separate pod adapter.

I guess I'll try it out tonight. Hopefully, it works.

jc in AZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jc in AZ

Temperature - ?

Can some of you that got a new machine or others that got the refurbished comment on what is the water temp coming out of your units grouphead?

I have taken the portafilter out or the whole thing off and used a couple of thermometers to measure the water temp and I am only getting about 160 degrees not the 200 range listed on Brevilles site.

Yes I have run a few shots (equal of just water) to make sure all is warmed up.

My unit is consistantly only 160. Just wondering if my heater may be defective? I have not had the dribble problem yet but my date code is one of the ones listed with problems.

thanks.

protozoider

jc in AZ wrote:Temperature - ?

Can some of you that got a new machine or others that got the refurbished comment on what is the water temp coming out of your units grouphead?

I have taken the portafilter out or the whole thing off and used a couple of thermometers to measure the water temp and I am only getting about 160 degrees not the 200 range listed on Brevilles site.

Yes I have run a few shots (equal of just water) to make sure all is warmed up.

My unit is consistantly only 160. Just wondering if my heater may be defective? I have not had the dribble problem yet but my date code is one of the ones listed with problems.

thanks.

I would like to know this as well. Our machine outputs a temp around 170. I'm not sure if the temperature in the grounds is 200 or not but I have certainly not gotten a shot that was near that temp. I've gotten lucky twice but I cannot get a consistent shot in flavor, timing, or look.I thought my problem was solved when I altered my grinder, nope... just got lucky. I bought a good tamp and a non pressurized filter and I can't get a good pull out of that no matter what I do. I'm wondering if the pressure in my machine is off or the heat is low. I doubt the heat would cause a fast shot, but it would explain why my shot lacks a good tone.

rwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoody
Has anyone used the Capresso Infinity grinder? The reviews on it say it will grind as fine as anyone could want. I have one but have used it for my drip coffee maker. I'll report back as soon as my replacement machine arrives.

I bought one off ebay the same day i bought my esp. machine here. Works great. Its
got around 16 settings for fineness.

neills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neills

Fed Ex shows delivery of the leaking unit on the morning of the 14th, I just called (21st)and they were not even sure if the unit arrived. On top of it, they said it would not ship for a few more days after they checked over the unit, at the very earliest. Very different treatment from those earlier returns reporting on their experience.

Wonder if they will still honor their promise to provide a new unit in return...

My gut has this nasty feeling something is brewing!

junior224466

I called today to get the status of my unit and after a long pause they said it would ship tommorow. I asked if they were shipping a new unit and they said that it wasn't new. The said that the unit they are shipping is 'unused'. For whatever reason, they probably can't sell it as new.

neills wrote:Fed Ex shows delivery of the leaking unit on the morning of the 14th, I just called (21st)and they were not even sure if the unit arrived. On top of it, they said it would not ship for a few more days after they checked over the unit, at the very earliest. Very different treatment from those earlier returns reporting on their experience.

Wonder if they will still honor their promise to provide a new unit in return...

My gut has this nasty feeling something is brewing!

protozoider

If anyone can give a good answer on this, I really need to know. Can this machine actually make a good shot? I've tried 5 different grinds done by a high end professional grinder. I did 3 different pressures of tamp for each grind. I tried both the basket that comes with it and a krups non-pressurized. I measured the exact amount of grinds to put in with a scale and measured the pressure I tamped. I followed every step and did a bunch of research. Yet I feel like I must have no idea what I'm doing because people who have never done this before get a good pull.

So now I wonder, how many of you have tried a straight up shot from a professional barrista and compared it to yours? Because my shots don't even taste as good as starbucks. I know this can't possibly be me. Either this machine is messed up and its pressure levels are off or Breville machines can not make espresso. I have not yet pulled a good, well flavored shot.

trnugent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trnugent

For all interested in the square trade warranty, use the coupon code FIFTYOFF . It is not expired and will get you one year of coverage for $9.00 and two years for $13.50..and if that doesn't work try SUMMER20 for 20% off.

pheasantdog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pheasantdog

I got my replacement machine today and immediately set it up and tried it out. First off, I can't tell if this machine is new or respiffied. It came in a respiffied box but it looks new. I also got the pod adapter. I ran several shots of water through the PF to clear the lines, then did the same with the steamer/hot water wand. I got a little of the white crystals, but not a lot. No biggie. The water from the espresso maker was about 165 degrees.

I set my Capresso Infinity grinder to the 3rd finest setting on the 'Fine' area and used espresso roast from a friend's coffee shop. I tamped using the technique she taught me (and with one of her double ended tampers). I pulled the first shot and it came out pretty good - it took just over 20 seconds for a double shot and had nice crema on top.

I tasted it and thought maybe it tasted a little thin. Unfortunately, I don't taste enough straight espresso to know what it should exactly taste like so I don't have a good reference point.

I tried another shot, this time setting the grind 2 notches finer. The result was a plugged PF.

My third shot I came back down a notch and still got a plugged PF.

My fourth shot was back to the same setting as my first try. The shot took 25 seconds to pour just under 4 oz. I don't have espresso shot glasses so I used my clear glass measuring cup. The crema wasn't as thick as I would like, but it lasted quite a while. I made myself an iced latte and noticed the crema stuck to the sides and bottom of the measuring cup. Is this good or bad? I don't know.

The iced latte seemed a little watery - I used 1% milk so that may be part of the problem. The iced latte I made for myself at my friends shop was better, but I used 2% there.

Then I tried the steamer to make frothed milk. This is a skill I need to practice. I got good froth, but the milk didn't get hot enough to make a good drink. However, I never was good at frothing milk at the coffee shop either.

So here is my verdict: I need lots of practice using this machine. I think it will make decent espresso, but not great espresso. I made killer shots at the coffee shop, but had incredible equipment to work with, as well as a great grinder preset to the correct fineness. I don't expect to make the same quality, but then again, I didn't spend $6,000 for a commercial machine.

Good luck everyone.

ron

androus2001

quality posts: 3 Private Messages androus2001

OK guys, I did a LOT of research on this machine and then did some experimentation on my own to get it performing the BEST it possibly can. Here is what I did.

There are two keys to success with this machine: (1) you have to get the machine HOT, and (2) you have to invest in a quality grinder, and (3) you have to get the grind right-- yes it needs to be a very fine grind, almost turkish-coffee fine.

Of these three things, number (1) is the most important. You GOTTA get this machine hot. Here's what I do:

1) turn it on at least 15 minutes before you want to use it, with the empty portafilter installed (make sure the filter--either 1 or 2 cup, depending--is installed in the portafilter, it is important that that get hot also). 15 mins is the minimum, preferably let it warm up for an hour or so.
2) turn on the steam function and run it until steam comes out of the frother head.
3) turn on the espresso function and let a bunch of hot water run through the empty portafilter unit.
4) if you feel inclined, repeat steps (2) and (3), especially if you just turned the unit on 15 minutes ago.
5) Grind your coffee. Measure it into the supplied plastic measure
6) Remove the portafilter, shake out any remaining water (important), and put the coffee in the filter.
7) TAMP it with a strong twisting motion to ensure it is a nice, flat, even tamp. Use a "Terry's Tamper", forget the plastic piece of carp tamper that is on the other end of the plastic measure. "Terry's Tamper" is cheap and you can find it online.
8) Run the machine. IF YOU GOT THE MACHINE HOT ENOUGH, it will NOT be a runny shot. Make sure to turn it off after about 25 seconds and TAKE AWAY the cup or shot glass immediately (this is important as it sort of keeps going a few seconds after you turn it off, you don't want that stuff.)
9) You are done. Remove the portafilter. IF you got the machine hot enough, and IF you got the grind fine enough, you will get a reasonably solid puck (it is glistening and moist, but fairly solid) with only a little water on top of it... that's how you know you are doing everything right.

If you do this, you will get a good shot of espresso. I have traveled throughout Italy and the cappucino I can make with this machine rivals that I can get at your run-of-the-mill corner bar in Italy-- i.e. pretty darn GOOD. Maybe not up to espresso-snob levels, but better than your average Starbucks.

If you want to enjoy a Cappucino, the foaming attachment seems to work OK if you tape over the top hole. I am not an expert on milk foaming but someone on the internet suggested this and it seems to work pretty well, I get a nice dense foam this way with minimal effort on my part... a milk thermometer is essential to doing this, don't even bother to try without having one, there is no way to tell if you are about to scald the milk otherwise.

Regarding grind:
I bought a Rancilio Rocky Doserless grinder, it is an affordable high-end burr grinder. Go doserless as the doser is supposed to be a pain in the butt, and anyway we're using the plastic measuring spoon that comes with the Breville so who needs the doser.

Next I adjusted the grinder per the instructions (turn the dial until the burrs touch, then back it off 6 or 7 notches. That did not produce a grind fine enough, so I dialed it in a few notches. I had to make a bunch of espresso shots to figure out how fine it had to be ground. THERE IS A TRADEOFF between how hot the machine is, and how fine the grind has to be. If you have to grind the coffee so fine that you are clogging the filter to get a decent shot, then THE MACHINE IS NOT HOT ENOUGH.

Hope this helps.

junior224466

Androus2001,

Thanks for the informative post.

You didn't mention, but I assume that you are using a non-pressurized portafilter.

Thanks
Jim

androus2001

junior224466 wrote:Androus2001,

Thanks for the informative post.

You didn't mention, but I assume that you are using a non-pressurized portafilter.

Thanks
Jim

Nope, I am using the pressurized portafilter that came with the unit.

jmesterh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmesterh

Just want to add to the fray, my unit died earlier this week too. As soon as I plug it in, it starts running and completely empties the water in the reservoir.

I contacted Breville and they sent me a FedEx return slip. They said once they receive it, and verify it's dead, then they will send a replacement.

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

Can anyone with the Krups non-pressureized filters comment on the quality of their shots with that? I'm still using the pressuried one that came with the unit, and i'll second androus's comments. I've been pulling decent shots, and always let the thing warm up for a while, the other tip is make sure there is plenty of water in the resivior...yesterday I had a "happy acccident" (no not like that you potty brain), in that the water was almost out when i pulled the shot and it was "gasping" for water...I was pulling into a meaured shot glass and kept it going for the full 2oz.

The short of it is that it was very good, and the puck was DRY; it also took like 25-30 second to complete. So i wouldn't necessiarily advocate running the machine on empty but it gave surprizing results. Also he's right with the comment of "after drip" once you turn it off, you need to yank the cup away to avoid that bitter stuff.

I've been using the aligator clip suggestion provided by Alton Brown in the video for the thermometer, and it's a must have to really know when your milk is 160*--otherwise you're going to stop well short of that because to the touch 120*-125* is almost too hot for the untrianed to handle.

It does take me usually over a minute to get the milk to temprature and frothed up. I'm getting the hang of the frothing.

My order goes like this:
1) Turn on machine
2) Put cups on the top to warm
3) Pour some milk into the pither, place on top to warm...that way it steams up to temprature slightly faster
4) Kill time, take a shower, etc.
5) Run a "water shot" though the portafilter into the cup i'll be using (it warms the cup up more than the top tray will)
6) Pour out the water shake it dry (good enough for me maybe not for an "ultra snob"
7) Load up the portafilter with coffee and put it back in the unit
8) Steam and froth the milk to 160*, put back on top to keep warm
9) Pull the shots
10) Assemble your cap or latte

Again I'd like to know how the krups filter is working in this unit before I go out and buy one.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

lsie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsie

Mine Died 3 weeks ago and after going throught the whole return process I am still waiting for my refurbished-recertified machine. Not purchasing a respiffied anymore! male!

jmalto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmalto

I bought everything to make a good shot (non-pressurized Krups filter, milk thermometer & Terry's Tamper) and in the end it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to find the perfect grind that works with this machine and the time it takes to heat it up.

I sold my unit on ebay and am looking at a fully automatic machine now.

doghawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doghawk
brevillecustserv wrote:This message is for anyone who has purchased a Refurbished Breville Espresso Machine (xx800ESXL) recently on woot.com.
We at Breville apologize for any inconvenience caused should you have received a defective espresso machine. We first would like to clarify that these units were all Factory Reconditioned. We have a thorough factory reconditioning procedure in which all products are tested for various potential defects. However, during this inspection a fault may not have been identified due to the intermittent nature of the defect.
One such issue has been identified which is causing the pumping of water from the reservoir to the drip tray when the unit is plugged into the wall. We are aware of three various date codes where this may occur on a small number of units with a date code of 631, 632, & 634. You can find the date code debossed on the bottom of your espresso machine near the rating label.
Should you encounter this problem, please check the bottom of your machine and then contact Breville Customer Service @ 1.866.273.8475 or email askus@brevilleusa.com.
We would also like to express to our commitment to quality customer service for all our valued Breville users. To learn more about your Breville Espresso machine, please refer to our Instruction Booklet for more information on troubleshooting, cleaning & maintenance & coffee tips & techniques.

Sincerely,
Breville Customer Service
Email: askus@brevilleusa.com
Phone: 1.866.273.8475

Actually... the phone number is 1.866.273.8455 (the number listed above is NOT for Breville).

I am having the water pump problem... hopefully they will replace it quickly.

neills

doghawk wrote:Actually... the phone number is 1.866.273.8455 (the number listed above is NOT for Breville).

I am having the water pump problem... hopefully they will replace it quickly.

I just got mine back two weeks after they received my original unit. I checked and confirmed with them twice that a new unit would be shipped rather than a ref.....d unit. Of course, the replacement arrived and the box clearly states a ref......d unit inside. Haven't taken it out to test yet, but will report on the condition and performance of this unit shortly.

lsie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsie

Well I just got off the phone with Breville Customer Service and they seemed annoyed with me asking for the status of my return. I guess there must have been a flood of returns. They told me that they have no replacement units at the time and that it is on backorder! WootTF! screwit.

neills

lsie wrote:Well I just got off the phone with Breville Customer Service and they seemed annoyed with me asking for the status of my return. I guess there must have been a flood of returns. They told me that they have no replacement units at the time and that it is on backorder! WootTF! screwit.

Woot sold 1785 units, wonder how many were returned to Breville. Anyone wants to conduct a poll? Start with me as #1.

androus2001

More observations that may prove useful...

When I did my initial experimentation with the machine, I was using the single filter. Lately I've started experimenting with the double filter. The preliminary conclusion is, the double filter seems to be MUCH less finicky than the single filter. I can use a coarser grind (i.e. closer to a regular espresso grind) and it is much easier to get a shorter, more concentrated shot out.

If you are having problems with the single filter, try using the double filter. Even if you only want a single shot, just throw away part of what comes out... might be a worthy sacrifice given the relative ease of use.

Also, I did some more poking around on the internet regarding espresso machines in general... the impression I get is that ALL espresso machines-- even super high-end ones-- are much trickier to use with the single filter than the double filter.

androus2001

jwink wrote:
3) Pour some milk into the pither, place on top to warm...that way it steams up to temprature slightly faster

If you care, espresso snobs seem to agree that the milk is best frothed when it is COLD right out of the fridge... also they suggest you keep your stainless steel frothing pitcher in the freezer so it is nice and cold when you start frothing. For what it's worth.

Incidentally, you can buy thermometers that come with a nifty clip attachment designed especially to clip on the edge of a frothing pitcher... look online...

morfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morfred

Count me in as a dissatisfied customer. After sending in the defective unit it took three weeks and two phone calls to finally get the replacement unit that was promised to be brand new. SURPRISE-another respiffied one!
Broken promise=lousy customer service=dissapointed me
Do not promise me something you will not do.

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink
androus2001 wrote:If you care, espresso snobs seem to agree that the milk is best frothed when it is COLD right out of the fridge... also they suggest you keep your stainless steel frothing pitcher in the freezer so it is nice and cold when you start frothing. For what it's worth.

Incidentally, you can buy thermometers that come with a nifty clip attachment designed especially to clip on the edge of a frothing pitcher... look online...

Yah I know and i'm failing to see the logic, i'll need the science behind it. Cold milk and cold pitcher only mean it will take longer to get to temprature. With this machine it already seems to take a while to steam milk why add another 30-45 seconds to the process?

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away