WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

About 79 years ago, when the FDIC was just a gleam in Eleanor Roosevelt's eye, and Hoover hadn't yet been dammed, Inez "Bug" Rutledge asked her son to paste together a collage of pictures of items from the family's Drug Emporium showing how they could be used by people struggling through the collapse of all the banks. Just this past week, her descendants finally were able to get someone else to do it for them- "Show us how past or current Woot products helped people survive the Great Depression." -all of y'all! Well done, the final terms of the will have been met, and the inheritance can be split! woot!!

First Place - $100
jatanis - Robosoup

Once their batteries ran down the first time, the Roboraptors really weren't much good for anything else.

Second Place - $50
mwiseman - Now that's a Woody!

While this land may be yours, the guitar is MINE, dangnabit.

Third Place - $20
jomion - Pistachio Line

Ah, nothing like the satisfaction of layin' back, picking pistachio shells out of your teeth after a long day of Piddling Around.

Honorable Mentions:
TrialRun -sharing saves woot

Unfortunately they had to share everything else too: Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, the new New Kids, all of it. Click the picture to watch it "grow up".

Carpenter940 - Aerobedicide is painless
A perfect landing...uh oh, she's goin' back up! again!

Wildwolf11 - jumbo remotes
To think that there was an inverse relationship between the size of the remote and the size of the screen back then. Click the picture for a larger-screen view.

Zilla81 - Dustbowl
At least they knew what was coming. And is that Indiana Jones struggling through that dust? Did HE unleash that by stealing/removing some neolithic artifact?

Toby8915 - fortune teller
"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

FedUpOldHag - Apples! Headphones!
Now there's a man I can relate to! By golly,that could be one of Josephus' brothers selling that cra- Lemuel, is that you?

Monkey Prize
ActorTom - Groucho Glasses

All together now: "masking, Tom. masking."

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com; then, using stage makeup, paint red circles around your eyes, shave your eyebrows off, stare in the mirror and chant "screaming monkey" three times while turning counterclockwise. Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. When it doesn't work, order the item and email woot, telling them it didn't work (nicely), and they ought to credit your account for the charges. Until next time remember: There's a silver lining in every cloud. Unfortunately, silver's worth less than scrap wood chips or fingernail clippings nowadays.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Sweet. Thanks WOOT and honorable judges.
Jatanis, your entry was truly awesome. Congratz, fellow winners and HMers.
Tom, you obviously swing a few rungs down on the evolutionary ladder. Curse you.

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

Congrats! All winners! Depressing!

MamaLoca91258

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MamaLoca91258

Well done, Congrats to all the winners!

What?

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Congrats everyone!

Signature censored by Woot

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

Way to go winners all.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrats winners and HMs. sigh......another monkey, should have known I wouldn't get away with both a bad chop and a time paradox.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ActorTom wrote:Congrats winners and HMs. sigh......another monkey, should have known I wouldn't get away with both a bad chop and a time paradox.

Hey, I just sent you a PM.

jatanis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatanis

Oh. My. God.
I'm in shock right now.
I can't believe I won, it was my first try!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Congrats to the winners!

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
jatanis wrote:Oh. My. God.
I'm in shock right now.

It was a great entry, Jatanis! Congrats!! Keep em coming!

-FF

AlanSmitheeESQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlanSmitheeESQ
jatanis wrote:Oh. My. God.
I'm in shock right now.

Hey I picked yours as one of the winners. I'm not surprised.

What I am surprised at is the lack of "good jobs" from other wooters.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
AlanSmitheeESQ wrote:Hey I picked yours as one of the winners...

I did too. ;^)
It was a good job, so it shouldn't surprise you. It surprised me when I realized that 2 of the winners were going to be relative newcomers to the contest- pretty unusual.

rascal514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rascal514

Congrats winners, hmers, and the monkey. Nice job all.