cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe
insurancesux wrote:You should change your name to Mr or Mrs Goodwrench.

no, remember I said that was in my spare time. I have a real job too.
and fortunately, a decent blender.

peteswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteswoot
insurancesux wrote:I am not sure I can believe someone who can not spell.

cannot, one word, not two

insurancesux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages insurancesux

Wow I am suprised it hasn't sold out already.

grohl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grohl

pancakes price

cshupe

logicalcooper wrote:Then build your own. Geez... I was trying to be helpful. Also, apparently replacing the seal doesn't always help. It's more like a design flaw. And it's supposed to be a quality piece of equipment--not something you'd expect to have to do routine maintenance on. Are we cool?

i agree, routine maintenance on a blender does seem a bit extreme. but most machines have some design flaw! we're cool with that, it's like a hobby.

chaitanyab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaitanyab

Looks Like a good one, but too pricey for me.

neohemp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neohemp

A recertified blender holy carp.. AHHH MY FACE BZZZZZZT

h4x0r2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h4x0r2005

New meme wanted. Apply within.?

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Wouldn't you just love it if someone put a dead iPhone (or reasonable imitation) into one of these, both to see the mayhem and to see if the Blender could handle it? Of course, they'd have to put the video on You-Tube & post the link somehow on woot! as woot! says - given this isn't shipped by Schmuck-Poast, it might actually still be topical.

After cleaning it out, they'd stick in some hard-boiled eggs (no shells) and whole tomatoes, blend them and state "And it keeps on - oh darn it - ticking! It isn't supposed to make that odd whining noise either, is it?"

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
1337woody wrote:well instead of blending your iphone you could just blend your paycheck =p

isn't that what your iPhone 3G is doing anyways?

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
cshupe wrote:wow, replace a seal??!

i did balljoints/inner & outer tie rod ends/sway bar links/bushings and a radiator this week, in my spare time. what is that, a 10$ part?

I bet even Joe the Plumber knows that we usually put the $ in front of the amount. It doesn't make sense, but that's the way we do it.

As for the blender, I don't think it has tie rods.

cshupe

peteswoot wrote:cannot, one word, not two

buzzkill:
no, in that context, he was correct.

but then, I'm the guy who replies with snopes.com citations to most forwarded email.
and I hit "reply to all".
20$

peteswoot

cshupe wrote:no, in that context, he was correct.

no, actually he was not

cisengineer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cisengineer

"Breville Ikon Diecast Blender -- W1LL 1t Blend? That 1s the question."

and

"Breville Dust...Don't breathe this."

I'm not sorry. Good Day.

cshupe

peteswoot wrote:no, actually he was not

I stand by my stand:
http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutspelling/cannot

peteswoot

[quote postid="2652036" user="cshupe"]I stand by my stand:

and I by mine

mobits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mobits

A blender? Seriously? Good Lord, Woot gets worse on a daily basis.

peteswoot

[quote postid="2652021" user="cshupe"]buzzkill:

I suppose next you'll try and tell me that "alot" is also a word

nursedawn

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nursedawn
h4x0r2005 wrote:New meme wanted. Apply within.?

You, sir or madam, are clever and/or amusing.

"Memeticists argue that the memes most beneficial to their hosts will not necessarily survive; rather, those memes that replicate the most effectively spread best, which allows for the possibility that successful memes may prove detrimental to their hosts."

cshupe

peteswoot wrote:[quote postid="2652021" user="cshupe"]buzzkill:

I suppose next you'll try and tell me that "alot" is also a word

sure it is.
I will gladly alott my last 85$ for this blender.

peteswoot

cshupe wrote:I will gladly alott my last 85$ for this blender.

and I shall gladly give you back the one cent since it only costs $84.99 (w/shipping)

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

I cannot resist buying a good blender but I can not overload my credit card by buying only one. : ) THE STARSHIP SHALL RETURN

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

i could use a blender, but not an 80 dollar "recertified" one.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hapaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hapaboy

This is an AWESOME price! I have this blender. I worked at Crate and Barrel and bought this blender and the breville die cast espresso maker (which was on woot not long ago) w/ my discount. Damn you woot! Even after my discount, I still paid way more. This blender is AMAZING. It can crush ice into snow. No need to use a spatula to knock ice off the walls of the jar. It makes awesome smoothies. Just press the smoothie button and walk away. If you want an awesome blender at an awesome price, get this. I wish I had known this was going to be on woot.

TooOldForThis

quality posts: 18 Private Messages TooOldForThis
peteswoot wrote:[quote postid="2652036" user="cshupe"]I stand by my stand:

and I by mine

Explanation from "Common Errors in English Usage"

http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html

CANNOT/CAN NOT

These two spellings are largely interchangeable, but by far the most common is “cannot” and you should probably use it except when you want to be emphatic: “No, you can not wash the dog in the Maytag.”

Original post was "I am not sure I can believe someone who can not spell." This seems to me to require extra emphasis on the "not," which appears to be acceptable but less standard usage.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
willhaynes wrote:If Joe the Plumber can't afford it then I sure can't.

Too bad Joe the Plumber doesn't live in Louisiana... Drive-thru daiquiris mmm...

peteswoot

TooOldForThis wrote:Original post was "I am not sure I can believe someone who can not spell." This seems to me to require extra emphasis on the "not," which appears to be acceptable but less standard usage.

yes, acceptable, but not correct

zozzles

TooOldForThis wrote:Original post was "I am not sure I can believe someone who can not spell." This seems to me to require extra emphasis on the "not," which appears to be acceptable but less standard usage.

No, no, no - everyone is seeing this incorrectly. It is SUPPOSED to be: “No, you may not wash the dog in the Cantag.”

Or is it Cat-tag?

Mrowwr!

Kosay1991

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kosay1991
peteswoot wrote:no, actually he was not

:S... they are both correct... its can be either "cannot" or "can not".. its your choice really^o).. stop fretting over stupid stuff-.-

K.A.G

peteswoot

Kosay1991 wrote::S... they are both correct... its can be either "cannot" or "can not".. its your choice really^o).. stop fretting over stupid stuff-.-

now now "kosay" appears you are the one fretting

fusiongt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fusiongt

Wow I got this blender from Williams Sonoma a year ago and it's been great... and I bet this price is half of what I got it for! WIlliams Sonoma doesn't just carry carp brands either - this is one of the few blenders they did carry because it was good.

This Woot is probably one of the best because it's one of the best products in its class. When they sell Dysons it's very good but they have a Dyson at least once every month... but they rarely have something this good! If you're at all interested in mix drinks or smoothies this is for you - even a simple 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream + 8 oreo cookies = great oreo shake!

And to add some more (I swear I'm not a breville salesman, I just own the darn thing and love it) - this blender is glass, not plastic (less possibility of weird tastes that stick and stain on plastic) and it's so easy to clean. The bottom detaches from the top area and you can clean the entire thing (great for when you do fruit smoothies) - this isn't a feature found in all blenders. If you've ever owned a cheap 1-piece blender you know how hard it is to clean the bottom of that thing (and cut up your sponge in the process)

TooOldForThis

Kosay1991 wrote::S... they are both correct... its can be either "cannot" or "can not".. its your choice really^o).. stop fretting over stupid stuff-.-

Clever left long ago. All we have left is stupid stuff .

CrazyBear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CrazyBear

I work as a sales associate at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I can vouch that this blender is amazing. It isn't the most powerful blender around but there are some key things that make it amazing. Complete diecast frame allows prevents and cracking from the power and torque of the motor. The motor is direct-drive which means that there aren't any additional moving parts from the motor assembly to the blades. The blades themselves are uniquely designed to be shaped along the bottom part of the jar. Which means that no clumps of food will get stuck between the blades and the very bottom of the jar, which allows a consistent blend without jiggling the base of the blender or jar.

And Breville specifically makes high end (quality) small appliances. I have a few products I have from incentive that are from Breville including a juicer (max speed is 13,000 rpms), among other stuff.

The price, even for a respiffied, is amazing for what this blender has to offer.

PM me if you have any questions.

houseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages houseman

ha. was watching this on Time Warp s1 ep2 .. high speed camera blending muahahahah they blended and exploded 7 butane lighters into dust.. blender caught fire . still worked.

iphones. cameras.. and smoothies.. everything you ever wanted to blend.
bullet proof glass eh

TooOldForThis

peteswoot wrote:yes, acceptable, but not correct

I view acceptable as correct, especially if the intent was to show emphasis. Incorrect would be something like, "Gov. Palin has all ready shot her moose."

peteswoot

TooOldForThis wrote:I view acceptable as correct, especially if the intent was to show emphasis.

you gave the original poster far more credit than I (yes, I said I, write all night long about that.. you may be far too old and I'm far too young to really care about you ...see ya)

Dazphotog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dazphotog

Actually both are correct in this context...read this post from http://alexfiles.com/cannot.shtml

There is a grammatical misunderstanding common to many U.S. Americans, largely because we learned about grammar in the either/or terms of right vs. wrong. Here's the misunderstanding: can not or cannot? My public school teachers said can not was the correct form, and that cannot was a corruption. A friend of mine from a previous generation was taught the opposite. Her son, much better at using the language than either of us, said both were right, but usage depended on context.

Here's the explanation: If I can not do something, then I can also do it. I can not write these words if I choose (and you may think I shouldn't), but I also can, and am, writing them. What I cannot do is know who will read them, or what they will think. I can imagine such things, but I'm limited by my experience and perceptions. So this is the rule: if you either could or could not do something, then you use two words, because you can leave out the second word if you so choose. If you could not do something no matter how much you desired or tried, then you use one word, cannot. There is no other option.

Sometimes both are true. Witness:

I cannot change the world.

I can not change the world.

It's true, I cannot change the world. What I mean, and what many mean when they say or think this to themselves, is that the world's problems are too big for any one person, or group of people, to take on. Poverty, sickness, hatred, love, weather, earthquakes, political and religious differences—these are inevitable conditions. Even Jesus said, "the poor you will have with you always," and, "Let the dead bury the dead."

It's also true that I can change the world. I, and every other person on the planet, can make a difference. We can give to the poor, and try to cure ourselves of the sickness of wealth (more on that later). We can be courteous, we can provide emotional (listening) or physical (assisting) or financial (donating) help to others, we can feed and help and forgive each other. (More about forgiveness later, too.) We can take in an abandoned dog or cat and give it love. We can plant a garden. We can put in a day's work and know we earned our pay, and someone, hopefully, was the better for it. We can not cut off someone in traffic. We can dedicate our lives to healing. We can dedicate our lives to loving our family and community. We can respect the differences of others. In other words, what we can do, we can do.

Grammar is the tool we use to communicate and should be taught as such. Our bodies, our minds, and our voices are the tools we have to interact with our universe. We must use them while we live; we cannot evade using them except through death or dire injury. In this sense we cannot not change the world. And now, while the world suffers on every level, from the sky to the deeps of the sea, from humans to tiny coral polyps, we can make what time we have count.

Don't berate yourself for previous behavior. Don't congratulate yourself, either. Just take the next opportunity to make a difference to the next person, and help make what we cannot change bearable.

JohnnyLemonhead

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JohnnyLemonhead

I think it is quite fitting that an overpriced phone would be put into an equally overpriced blender.

zozzles

Funny thing about blenders: I've bought two in my life, used each perhaps less than five times at which they were put away. After that, I performed whatever I needed them for by hand & even when I went looking for them I couldn't find all of the parts necessary to either blend or keep the kitchen from getting splattered.

Oh - given the "magnified" picture, they've got a tool for "blade removal only". This immediately makes me chuckle, wondering if the blade sometimes exits the blender suddenly and lodges itself in the owner's forehead. Makes for a good Halloween thought, in any case.

Cripes! My (actual) Seven-Hundred-and-Third post never even appeared... The woot! censors are being extremely vigilant tonight.

edit: This ought to have been my 704'th.

2nd edit: Wow! I now have two 706'th postings! That's amazing (presuming both continue to remain to be seen).

3rd edit: And now this is my third 706'th. May I please work as a software engineer at woot! ?

lilbearman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbearman
JohnnyLemonhead wrote:I think it is quite fitting that an overpriced phone would be put into an equally overpriced blender.

I bet you cook with T-fall