TooOldForThis

quality posts: 18 Private Messages TooOldForThis
DasCuddleMonster wrote:is this mac compatible?

Not compatible with all models. You might get a Mac Mini to fit, but the other boxes are probably too big. Then again, I'm not sure this is a case where Mac compatibility would be desirable.

TooOldForThis

quality posts: 18 Private Messages TooOldForThis
cyncat62 wrote:Darn, don't see in the description that it comes with an adapter that would allow me to plug it into my cigarette lighter in my truck.

Sweet mother of fur -- you have a cigarette lighter that puts out 750W? What kind of truck do you drive?

cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe

my younger daughter thinks that insurancesux can't spell.

"I think we should all use "Can't" and get on with our lives."

kinda cuts thru the carp, doesn't she?

rev.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rev.
peteswoot wrote:Plenty of time to join in, many uneducated on here believe I'm wrong

And plenty of the educated on here are just getting sick of listing to you congratulate yourself on your boorishness. Being a school marm just makes you look petty and, um, uneducated.

cyncat62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyncat62
TooOldForThis wrote:Sweet mother of fur -- you have a cigarette lighter that puts out 750W? What kind of truck do you drive?

Good point. Pretty Big Truck, but don't know that it could do that. Guess that eliminates blending drinks and driving. Suppose it's best for all of us. Save all our lives and help me keep my job. llo

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

Wow , great finally something that will work on apple stuff

dkrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkrt

Does anyone know if this can be put in the dishwasher....(not the base, of course, but the rest of it)?

zerologic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerologic

can i get one free if i blend my iPhone?

loriglu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loriglu
cshupe wrote:my younger daughter thinks that insurancesux can't spell.

Carp??? What does fishing have to do with this?

mrsjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjane

Put Joe's gold into the blender and then sprinkle it down like gold dust. Everyone will shine for a while but it will all wash off and flow toward the ocean along with the jobs Joe created. With big business being the only survivor, they can pay us whatever they darn well please.

jimgolf

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jimgolf

This is the litmus test.

"can't" is a contraction for "cannot". It is not a contraction for "can not". For "can not" to be correct, it has to be spelled out. "I can not swim" means "I can 'not swim'" (signifying a choice). It doesn't mean "I can't swim" (signifying an ability).

And it is always polite to correct spelling and usage mistakes when a poster is complaining about someone else's spelling or usage. Regardless of the topic. Or irregardless of the topic!

The Grammar Police are always watching!

jimgolf

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jimgolf
loriglu wrote:Carp??? What does fishing have to do with this?

Cshupe didn't say "carp", s/he said "c.r.a.p." Woot has a very original (and often amusing) profanity filter. Whenever you see someone say something nonsensical, like Ovaltina, my goat, hit the reply button to see what they originally typed.

joshtheitguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joshtheitguy

the picture is a very accurate depiction of the only use of an iPhone.

aliswel5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliswel5

This has to be one of the funniest write ups I have seen! Two pats on the back woot staffers ! (But no more)

• HRL Tech Universal Car Charger RCA Universal Remote 2-Pack
  • Sunforce Solar AA Battery Charger
  • Delphi Skyfi2 XM Receiver with Boombox and Car Kit
  • 12 Piece Screwdriver Set (3) Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
loriglu wrote:Carp??? What does fishing have to do with this?

ROFL

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Huh, a w00t for the raw foodists. But $85.. I'll pass...

glad2cu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glad2cu

Woot. May the Force be with you.

supercheapwebhosting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supercheapwebhosting

I'm more curious about the aliens then the blender,
they keep teasing, us then they get drunk, witch Cause's them to get of course and miss our planet time, after, time.

jwcaudill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwcaudill

Rated #3 by Consumer Reports with a list price of $200. Only Vita-Mix and Blendtec were listed higher and both list for $400. This seems like a steal.

sonnofa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonnofa

Stupid Woot.. my powers of self discipline and common sense are useless against you.. Im in for 1 shiny blender and I don't even use blenders...

brooksmus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brooksmus

i have an iphone to blend. want to send me a free blender?

eh270

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eh270

Best product description ever! Nice work guys, thanks for catching me up on the latest Blossom Goodchild forecast, too.

2xMicro Remote Control Helicopter, 2x LG Bluetooth Headset, US Modular 8GB USB2.0 Monstor Mini Hard Disk Drive (cheap & now busted), Connect3D 4GB Secure Digital Memory Card, Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor (to the moon, alice), iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110), R/C Super Flying Saucer, Acer Aspire Athlon 64 Desktop Computer, Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio, Pedroncelli Quartet

1st place place, Contest 159

ndanie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndanie3
Ojo wrote:Here's an interesting discussion by raw foodies about the Breville, Blendtec, and Vitamix:

http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/read.php?3,83343

What a bunch of freaks... worried about oxidizing split berry seeds?

Plato4013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Plato4013

I have this blender. I use it primarily for making smoothies in the morning. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $200. Very expensive but definitely worth the price I paid and this is a great deal. I wash everything (except the rubber seal) in the dishwasher and the writing on the side of the glass pitcher has washed off after washing it for several months, but other than that no problems.

ndanie3

I'm going to contemplate this over a cappuccino from the breville espresso maker i bought a few weeks back.

bonzo100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonzo100

ITS OBVIOUS TO ALL EXTRATRESTIBLES THAT A PUTRID SECURAR HUMANPIST WROTE THAT TRITE COMMENTARY CONCERNING US EXTRATERRIBLES AND WAS POKING FUN AT US. WHEN WE DO COME - THE SECRARARIAN HUMANOISTOIDS WILL BE THE FIRST THAT WE WILL DEFRIBULATE WITH OUR 1 GIGAWATT ULTRA HANDY WOOT DEFRIBULATORS.... BEWREE MY WOOTMAN YOUR DAYS OF RIDICULE ARE LIMITED TO A NUMBERED AMOUNT

ndanie3

ohh the taste of glory

brandonw407

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonw407

New meme wanted. Apply within.??

willitblend.com

mulanita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mulanita

I bought this blender over a year ago at Bed, Bath and Beyond for about $180. It really is the best blender I've ever had.

You can make snow out of ice cubes in about 10 seconds. If you are into making smoothies or frozen cocktails, go for it. If you use your blender to - I don't know - blend some eggs for when you make a cake once a year, don't. You wouldn't need that much power.

I haven't had a problem with mine leaking. It comes apart easily (I always take it apart to wash it) but mine didn't come with that blade remover.

For this price, I'd buy it if I didn't already have one. If you know anyone who loves to cook and doesn't have one of these, it would make an awesome gift. I never thought I would say a blender is an awesome gift llo.

insurancesux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages insurancesux

Spelling and using what some people would call different sentence structure are two different things. However; you are correct in implying we should get on with our lives.

michaelmallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelmallin

I own one of these blenders. It does an amazing job. Blends better than any other blender I have owned - hamilton beach, cuisinart. However - the blender requires disassembly after every use. The seal on the bottom allows contents to ooze into the bottom aparatus of the blender- get used to the tool in to picture that helps you removed the bottom assembly - you'll be using it a lot. I imagine the rubber seal on teh bottom will eventually wear to the point that it leaks - although it hasn't yet.
I use it onece daily
Owned for 3-4 months.

hope this was helpful

opeake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opeake

Macy's sells this super star for $350, right now they have it for $250. We have bought several items from woot respiffied & had no problems. You would spend $80 bucks at Costco (which I love & work at) for a crappy Kitchen Aid that will only last 6 mos. This Breville is always highly rated, so seriously think about it.

basschica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages basschica
dkrt wrote:Does anyone know if this can be put in the dishwasher....(not the base, of course, but the rest of it)?

According to Breville's site:

Cleaning
The jar features easy blade removal for thorough and effortless cleaning of the jar and Hemisphere™ Bowl/Blade System. All jar and blade parts are top-shelf dishwasher safe. The Bowl/Blade System easily locks into place and seals for leak-free performance.

GamerGuy1k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GamerGuy1k

Blend one of those million Sansas sold on Woot while you're at it! =P

nobgobblin69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nobgobblin69

I decided to do my part to help turn the state of New Hampshire a lighter shade of puke yellow! ( I swear, when the order went through page came up, it said... Everything went smoothie" I could be wrong...

sac86738

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sac86738

If I had to do it all over again.... I would still shell out the playdough for my Blendtec. I absolutely love it. As long as I don't throw a cow into it, I shouldn't have to replace it until the motor dies, which shouldn't be for quite some time. There's nothing to screw/unscrew, so no leaks... and the flat panel interface is very tech. Love it.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
michaelmallin wrote:I own one of these blenders. It does an amazing job. Blends better than any other blender I have owned - hamilton beach, cuisinart. However - the blender requires disassembly after every use. The seal on the bottom allows contents to ooze into the bottom aparatus of the blender- get used to the tool in to picture that helps you removed the bottom assembly - you'll be using it a lot. I imagine the rubber seal on teh bottom will eventually wear to the point that it leaks - although it hasn't yet.
I use it onece daily
Owned for 3-4 months.

hope this was helpful

I was about to buy one till I read this. I have a Vita-mix and it is very easy to clean, no disassembly required, and I have used it every day now for about 3 years now. I have never taken the bottom apparatus off, and I doo (mis-spell on purpose or woot makes this unreadable) not want to.

I owned a Breville juicer for a while then sold it on eBay (started blending instead of juicing). The buyer said it soon broke and as I was about to send him the receipt (it was still under warranty). Breville actually sent him a brand new one without the receipt, pretty good service. Buy the way; while I owned it, it was a great juicer for me.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
ndanie3 wrote:What a bunch of freaks... worried about oxidizing split berry seeds?

I worry about it constantly!

jpick13377

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpick13377

This blender is 179.99 at Linens n things

opps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opps
jessiebyrd004 wrote:5 stars on Buzzillions...
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1584412_breville_ikon_die_cast_blender_reviews

I have been reading some reviews and noticed a pattern of the same reviews over and over on different web sites. And they seem a little too professional to me. I wonder if someone is trying to “advertize” their product with phony reviews.