AVspec

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AVspec

Has woot ever sold a 10/100/1000 switch or router?

gChinkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin
loriglu wrote:Carp??? What does fishing have to do with this?

Joke, right?

meangreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meangreen

Just bought the Breville blender and then noticed the extended warranty for $10.00 I might have paid the extra ten bucks for the one year coverage.

darkdragon1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkdragon1976

some good reviews on amazon and a video review too. very helpful.
Amazon Reviews

zasdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zasdad

Anyone have experience with Square Trade warranties? $95 for product with one year warranty doesn't sound so bad.

lilbearman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbearman
darkdragon1976 wrote:some good reviews on amazon and a video review too. very helpful.
Amazon Reviews

Also look on U tubes And Brevilles main site.. I found 10-20 vids of this! That is the reason I bought one. People that gave it a bad review paid 200.00+ And they should have got it fixed. Anyway dont have to worry about that as Breville has one for me all repaired to BRAND NEW! And this Blender will not have them probs anymore. So to me.... This is Better then New!!

Refurbs Don't Scare Me....................

kaetrace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaetrace
gChinkin wrote:Joke, right?

joke, yes

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" C S Lewis

meshachw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meshachw

llo!!!

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

"We are all born naked and screaming and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there." -unknown

speargodgerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speargodgerry
TooOldForThis wrote:Original post was "I am not sure I can believe someone who can not spell." This seems to me to require extra emphasis on the "not," which appears to be acceptable but less standard usage.

ohhhh...
Gold star for you!
llo

I think I might get the blender, though I do not really need it.

-ElFin Wood

mslily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mslily

I'm confused as usual .. how do I go about getting the SquareTrade Extended Warranty? Do I buy the blender first, then go back and order the warranty? Or will the option show up when I order the blender?

DementedAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DementedAngel
meangreen wrote:Just bought the Breville blender and then noticed the extended warranty for $10.00 I might have paid the extra ten bucks for the one year coverage.

you get up to 30 days from date of purchase to buy the extended

kahawken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahawken
Plato4013 wrote:I have this blender. I use it primarily for making smoothies in the morning. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $200. Very expensive but definitely worth the price I paid and this is a great deal. I wash everything (except the rubber seal) in the dishwasher and the writing on the side of the glass pitcher has washed off after washing it for several months, but other than that no problems.

Just purchased as I would have to imagine the quality is by far superior to other blenders on the market and price is more than reasonable. I have Breville Juicer which is one of my best purchases for the kitchen. No regrets and worth every penny. You have not had any problems with leaking ?

mslily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mslily
DementedAngel wrote:you get up to 30 days from date of purchase to buy the extended

Thank you very much DementedAngel.

DementedAngel

here's some info on the squaretrade warranty thing
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2523351

DementedAngel

mslily wrote:Thank you very much DementedAngel.

Welcome

FWIW, when I was looking at squaretrade warranty, it was showing as $11.99 for warranty quote on squaretrade site, whereas woot says it's $10. No idea why the discrepency.

Also worth mentioning: when it's respiffied, you select "other" instead of "new" on squaretrade site.

rzunig1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rzunig1

Does anyone have more details on this blender? It says 750 Watt motor, but all blenders that I have ever seen, the advertised speed of the motor, is always peak speed, meaning that it starts off with 750 watts of power for only a few seconds (they also call it surge power). I haven't found any blender that can run at the advertised speed for more than a few seconds. (ex. I have a hamilton beach blender now that advertises 600W peak or surge power, but the motor is actually rated at 400W, and says so on the bottom of the blender)
I would imagine this is the same as all the others. Even Cuisinart's work the same way.

DementedAngel

DementedAngel wrote:Welcome

FWIW, when I was looking at squaretrade warranty, it was showing as $11.99 for warranty quote on squaretrade site, whereas woot says it's $10. No idea why the discrepency.

Also worth mentioning: when it's respiffied, you select "other" instead of "new" on squaretrade site.

Also interesting, when you go to that thread, there's a post from squaretrade that has the rates and according to it, the fee on this item should only be $9.60. Three different prices, depending on where you look.

link to post with $9.60 price (12% of 79.99=$9.60) http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2526875

Hopefully woot will read this and will let us know why the item description says $10, the squaretrade site gives quote of $11.99, and according to post from squaretrade it should be $9.60

rahil123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rahil123

In my experience, whenever a "recertified" item is sold in large quantities (like on woot, here), it is always new.
always!!!
Frequently, it is plain-packaged; or stamped "recertified" on the original packaging; rendering it unsuitable for gift-giving. Only sometimes, it may have fewer accessories in the package - but the item itself is new and un-used

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc

I definitely am looking forward to getting this blender. I have a Black and Decker Crush Master at home and it is does not work at all - the blending is uneven and it does not crush ice at all. From all the good reviews I'm seeing, buying this was a no brainer.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

EggyToast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast

In for 1. This looks to be a quality blender, and I've been using my crappy/midrange one for more and more recently. This matches my kitchen better ;D

imbac1889

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imbac1889

sigh... more kitchen appliances... ill wait till next week because I can only assume the next item is going to be a dishwasher.

zzyzxfc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzyzxfc

Why the heck did I buy this? After reading all the problems with the "recertified" Breville 15-Bar Die-Cast Espresso Machine http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2608562
anyone with an ounce of common sense would have passed this one up... I'm sick I tell you.. Sick! Sick!

Hit me, Spank me, Make me buy stuff on Woot I don't really need...
10/18/08 $79.99 Breville Ikon Diecast Blender
09/26/11 $9.99 Dingo Original Rawhide Bones

lilbearman

zzyzxfc wrote:Why the heck did I buy this? After reading all the problems with the "recertified" Breville 15-Bar Die-Cast Espresso Machine http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2608562
anyone with an ounce of common sense would have passed this one up... I'm sick I tell you.. Sick! Sick!

llo! U will be happy!

rahil123 wrote:In my experience, whenever a "recertified" item is sold in large quantities (like on woot, here), it is always new.
always!!!
Frequently, it is plain-packaged; or stamped "recertified" on the original packaging; rendering it unsuitable for gift-giving. Only sometimes, it may have fewer accessories in the package - but the item itself is new and un-used

No worries mate! You will soon see that this is new Just a quick sell off for them to regain funds and show they sold x amount this year! Like this person said.... IT WILL BE NEW!!.. As this is my experince with these deals from woot in the past.

YOU FAILED TO MENTION..... They all got NEW ONES!! Read this page closer...
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2608562&PageIndex=13&ReplyCount=497

Breville will take care of there buyers.. Unlike Onkyo Who just tells people to bad so sad...

zzyzxfc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzyzxfc
lilbearman wrote:No worries mate! You will soon see that this is new Just a quick sell off for them to regain funds and show they sold x amount this year! Like this person said.... IT WILL BE NEW!!.. As this is my experince with these deals from woot in the past.

YOU FAILED TO MENTION..... They all got NEW ONES!! Read this page closer...
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2608562&PageIndex=13&ReplyCount=497

Breville will take care of there buyers.. Unlike Onkyo Who just tells people to bad so sad...

If you read carefully, one Wooter reported they received another recertified as a replacement to their first recertified Breville. Judging by the number of Wooters reporting problems, sounds like someone at the repair factory was not checking the machines correctly prior to sending them out again.

I'm crossing my fingers all will be well...

jurisnipper
Oct 17, 2008 2:35 PM
[2651389]
Just received my replacement. Contrary to what they told me ("We'll ship you a brand new one as our way of saying we're sorry for the inconvenience"), the replacement is a reconditioned unit. Not cool.

The new unit is packaged a little differently, but it is still an 800ESXL.

This one also has the separate pod adapter.

I guess I'll try it out tonight. Hopefully, it works.

Hit me, Spank me, Make me buy stuff on Woot I don't really need...
10/18/08 $79.99 Breville Ikon Diecast Blender
09/26/11 $9.99 Dingo Original Rawhide Bones

midman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midman

ASCENSION will occour if this prduct is shipped with some MST3K reruns. ;)

ginenthal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginenthal

absolutely true - for the relatively insane (though perhaps not iphone-disintegrating) power, it's a steal

jodofo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodofo

We have one and found leaking to be a problem, we were very frustrated. BUT we found a solution: to fix it you have to make sure you put the rubber seal onto the blade mechanism first, then screw it on. Hasn't leaked in a long while...

Happy blending.

Aaron385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385
aoviss wrote:I guess you dont either

Yea sorry.. I will admit I know about as much about blenders as Harlem voters know about Obama.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
loriglu wrote:Carp??? What does fishing have to do with this?

BASS-O-MATIC!!!

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

i did not read all 5 pages, but in case no one posted this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPG0ivtN1o

GeneL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeneL

This may be a great deal, but I don't like dealing with a company that makes it difficult to cancel an order if someone changes their mind.
Other than a generic email, I don't see any easy way to contact Woot. If there is. please someone let me know.

lilbearman

GeneL wrote:This may be a great deal, but I don't like dealing with a company that makes it difficult to cancel an order if someone changes their mind.
Other than a generic email, I don't see any easy way to contact Woot. If there is. please someone let me know.

You best stay away then,, Woot is not for worried scared people. You should not click that stupid oversized yellow box if you think you might not want it. Thats why we call it ( Pulling The Trigger)
Have a great day!

mambo143

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143

In for one. The Breville espresso machine is just awesome and just begging for a counter mate.

nanciejeanne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nanciejeanne
logicalcooper wrote:Great price here, and overall great reviews, but the ones that have problems seem to report the same one: The blender tends to leak. The seals go bad quickly, and the bottom is very hard to screw on to make it watertight. About 10% seem to have reported this problem.

This isn't from personal experience (I don't own it)--just an attempt to summarize what I've read on it so far.

Oh oh oh that reminds me of a joke!!!

A porpoise is driving along in his car. He hears an awful noise coming out of his engine. He pulls into a gas station. A walrus is working there and says, "What is the problem?" The porpoise says he heard a noise, but doesn't know what it is. The walrus mechanic says he will look at it, but it may take close to an hour. The porpoise says, "okay, I will wait."

So, he is waiting, and sees an ice cream store across the street. He figures he has an hour so he may as well go and have some. He orders a large vanilla cone which is his favorite. As soon as he starts eating his cone, he sees his car being brought back out in front. He hurriedly tries to eat his cone, getting it all over his shirt, but gets back to the station quickly.

He sees the mechanic. The walrus mechanic says to him, "well, it looks like you blew a seal." The porpoise says, "Nah, it is only ice cream."

gjpjmp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gjpjmp
cshupe wrote:don't try this at home
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipod
yes, that's an ipod

Darn I was going to post the same video

gjpjmp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gjpjmp

For all who may wonder just how powerful 750 watts is, there are around 750 watts in one horsepower. Yea this thing has some serious power

loriglu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loriglu
nanciejeanne wrote:Oh oh oh that reminds me of a joke!!!

A porpoise is driving along in his car. He hears an awful noise coming out of his engine. He pulls into a gas station. A walrus is working there and says, "What is the problem?" The porpoise says he heard a noise, but doesn't know what it is. The walrus mechanic says he will look at it, but it may take close to an hour. The porpoise says, "okay, I will wait."

So, he is waiting, and sees an ice cream store across the street. He figures he has an hour so he may as well go and have some. He orders a large vanilla cone which is his favorite. As soon as he starts eating his cone, he sees his car being brought back out in front. He hurriedly tries to eat his cone, getting it all over his shirt, but gets back to the station quickly.

He sees the mechanic. The walrus mechanic says to him, "well, it looks like you blew a seal." The porpoise says, "Nah, it is only ice cream."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I just cain't deeside! My pick-em-up truck gots enough power to run a hundred of theses thangs, and that's about how many margaritas I'm agonna be needin to make at a time, so maybe I bes needin somfem.

hrmm. CARP! I vacuum at vortexial decisions! Maybe, Ovaltina my goat!, yes, a yootoob veedeo! All is made clear as oxidized nut dust covered glass!

In for one and one in the blender. Does it blend blenders? Oh, the self-reflexivity of memetic metaphor is turning my mind to mush! At least it's homogenous in the Breville. It is Beville, not Be vile, right?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

johndoe123123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndoe123123

Everybody knows that the iPhone can make phone calls, play movies & music, surf the web, and a lot more. But, W1ill It Blend? That is the question.

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

kahawken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahawken
GeneL wrote:This may be a great deal, but I don't like dealing with a company that makes it difficult to cancel an order if someone changes their mind.

My experience with contacting Woot via email has been positive. A friendly request to them and you should receive a response within 48 hours.