KarenMarie


quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

So, the deal with the $12.00 warranty is that if it pukes out within the year, SquareTrade will either fix it or give me $80.00. They are offering an additional year for $6.00

so two year warranty is $18.00

Worth it?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Not gonna check all the pages to see if someone posted this already. Here's a new use for the blender:

The Blender Defender



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Jemah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemah

ZOMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs&feature=user

natnat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages natnat

I find it odd that the top destination for the blender is... Utah!

MisterRon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon
bonzo100 wrote:ITS OBVIOUS TO ALL EXTRATRESTIBLES THAT A PUTRID SECURAR HUMANPIST WROTE THAT TRITE COMMENTARY CONCERNING US EXTRATERRIBLES AND WAS POKING FUN AT US. WHEN WE DO COME - THE SECRARARIAN HUMANOISTOIDS WILL BE THE FIRST THAT WE WILL DEFRIBULATE WITH OUR 1 GIGAWATT ULTRA HANDY WOOT DEFRIBULATORS.... BEWREE MY WOOTMAN YOUR DAYS OF RIDICULE ARE LIMITED TO A NUMBERED AMOUNT

Breaking in a new brain?

MisterRon

alexanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexanda
zozzles wrote:
3rd edit: And now this is my third 706'th. May I please work as a software engineer at woot! ?



Only if you're willing to move to Texas.

nursejoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursejoan
rahil123 wrote:In my experience, whenever a "recertified" item is sold in large quantities (like on woot, here), it is always new.
always!!!
Frequently, it is plain-packaged; or stamped "recertified" on the original packaging; rendering it unsuitable for gift-giving. Only sometimes, it may have fewer accessories in the package - but the item itself is new and un-used



I bought a recert dyson ball here. It was noticably used. Very much, very thouroughly used. Used to the point that it didn't match advertised specs.
(hose was cut short...)
So expect recerts to be used.

lilbearman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbearman
nursejoan wrote:I bought a recert dyson ball here. It was noticably used. Very much, very thouroughly used. Used to the point that it didn't match advertised specs.
(hose was cut short...)
So expect recerts to be used.



Sorry to hear that!! Mine was new Brand New! also got the dyson dc-14 and it was new!

And I highly dought they had Woots sold: 1475 of these Refurbed.. Enjoy your New Rebaged Blender!! I sure will...

terutt


quality posts: 1 Private Messages terutt

My favorite type of woots..

A re-certified (see also: sent back to the manufacturer by a customer because it broke when the original owner had it) item that demands a high price tag...because of the "quality"

I'll stick with my brand-new kitchen aid I just got for 50% off at Target this week...if I want to buy used, that is what garage sales are for.

Superba Frango

lilbearman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilbearman
terutt wrote:My favorite type of woots..

A re-certified (see also: sent back to the manufacturer by a customer because it broke when the original owner had it) item that demands a high price tag...because of the "quality"

I'll stick with my brand-new kitchen aid I just got for 50% off at Target this week...if I want to buy used, that is what garage sales are for.




You got ripped off paying 50% off!! kitchenaid products suck! I rather have this used to hell then Buy a kitchenaid product. That would change if it were 20 years ago..

freakyjoker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakyjoker
Aaron385 wrote:$80 blender.. are you serious?? maybe woot doesn't understand what a recession is.



oh shut up.

scotdailey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotdailey
terutt wrote:My favorite type of woots..

A re-certified (see also: sent back to the manufacturer by a customer because it broke when the original owner had it) item that demands a high price tag...because of the "quality"

I'll stick with my brand-new kitchen aid I just got for 50% off at Target this week...if I want to buy used, that is what garage sales are for.



Recertified is almost always better than new because they actually have to make sure it works.

That said I'm 3/3 with woot not shipping me my stuff? They use to be fast. They are going to start losing alot of customers.

Paulntra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paulntra
scotdailey wrote:Recertified is almost always better than new because they actually have to make sure it works.

That said I'm 3/3 with woot not shipping me my stuff? They use to be fast. They are going to start losing alot of customers.



Im with you, Scot....
On both counts....
These things EVAH gonna freakin' ship?
I wanna SMOOTHIE! llo

brookefowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookefowler

Mine will be at home waiting for me when I get off work today. I live in Dallas (woot headquarters) so I imagine yours will be just a day or two behind depending of course on where you are located. I just now received my e-mail shipment notification and it says they actually sent it out yesterday and will arrive sometime this morning.

berickson345


quality posts: 0 Private Messages berickson345

Mine is scheduled to be delivered on the 28th

brookefowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookefowler

My blender was here when I got home, no time to give it an accurate test (ie. margaritas) but gave it a quick ice crushing test and all was good! Does not have any appearance of being "used" or damaged. Very happy with this purchase. Keeping my eyes peeled for the Breville die-cast toaster. I am hoping that it comes on here before I purchase it at Williams Sonoma. Quick note: no "blade removal tool" included but I'm thinking this model doesn't actually need it? Will research more later, looking forward to hearing more feedback from others.

DementedAngel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DementedAngel

I got mine and it didnt have a blade removal tool either. In looking at the unit and the manual, there's no need for it nor any mention in the manual of one. Either that was a different model, or they've changed the blender to eliminate it. (or this might be a version before the tool?). Unit looks brand new w/ no sign of being a respiffied.

The hardest part, imho, is putting the lid on the thing. Very tight fit. The unit doesnt run fast enough to do things like cook soup, like some blenders will, but it works well enough. Turned whole apples (small sized ones), with a little water, into liquid in seconds.

.

brookefowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookefowler
DementedAngel wrote:I got mine and it didnt have a blade removal tool either. In looking at the unit and the manual, there's no need for it nor any mention in the manual of one. Either that was a different model, or they've changed the blender to eliminate it. (or this might be a version before the tool?). Unit looks brand new w/ no sign of being a respiffied.

The hardest part, imho, is putting the lid on the thing. Very tight fit. The unit doesnt run fast enough to do things like cook soup, like some blenders will, but it works well enough. Turned whole apples (small sized ones), with a little water, into liquid in seconds.



I made an Asparagus and Leak soup in mine today with very few chunks left in the bowl. I would have prefered none but I'm OK with just a few. You are right however, the lid was very tight at first but after a few uses, it has become much easier to work with, just needed to be broken in.

LINCAR4


quality posts: 3 Private Messages LINCAR4

No blade removal tool for me either.

brookefowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookefowler

Has anyone else noticed that their pitcher doesn't sit flush on the base? Mine fits well on the front, but in the back it doesn't sit all the way down so there is a slight gap. I'm not sure if this is worth pursuing a replacement unit as I don't know if it is affecting the effectiveness.

speedbump


quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedbump
brookefowler wrote:Has anyone else noticed that their pitcher doesn't sit flush on the base? Mine fits well on the front, but in the back it doesn't sit all the way down so there is a slight gap. I'm not sure if this is worth pursuing a replacement unit as I don't know if it is affecting the effectiveness.



Mine sits flush.

Also, I got a blade removal tool. It's basically a plastic wrench with 4 prongs on it that fit into the finger indentations on the bottom. The handle would allow you to get more torque on the blade than your fingers alone might.

One thing we might want to pay attention to is whether you got the 600XL or 600XL/A model. Reading reviews somewhere else (Amazon or the like) seemed to indicate that they might have changed the blade housing between the revisions to address earlier leaking issues. My box says "XXBBL600XL/A" on the label. The underside of the unit base says 600XL/A on it as well.

nursejoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursejoan

Fed-ex delivered my blender today.
There's no lid in the box.
Lucky me.

I did however get the blade removal tool.
I'll trade my blade remover to anyone for a lid...

rcolan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcolan
terutt wrote:My favorite type of woots..

A re-certified (see also: sent back to the manufacturer by a customer because it broke when the original owner had it) item that demands a high price tag...because of the "quality"

I'll stick with my brand-new kitchen aid I just got for 50% off at Target this week...if I want to buy used, that is what garage sales are for.



Your brand new Kitchen Aid couldn't hold this Brevilles jockstrap!

forbisher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbisher

My blender arrived and the glass handle was cracked. this is the first time buying from woot. how do the returns work here? there was no invoice in the box.

forbisher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbisher
jodofo wrote:We have one and found leaking to be a problem, we were very frustrated. BUT we found a solution: to fix it you have to make sure you put the rubber seal onto the blade mechanism first, then screw it on. Hasn't leaked in a long while...

Happy blending.



llo

nursejoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursejoan
forbisher wrote:My blender arrived and the glass handle was cracked. this is the first time buying from woot. how do the returns work here? there was no invoice in the box.



The warranty is one year provided by Breville. Contact them.
1-866-273-8455
You should print your reciept every time you place an order on Woot!
There's a link to view and print when you order.

forbisher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbisher
nursejoan wrote:The warranty is one year provided by Breville. Contact them.
1-866-273-8455
You should print your reciept every time you place an order on Woot!
There's a link to view and print when you order.



Thank you for the help.

Bjkroeker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bjkroeker

I received a XL/A model this morning, and it appears to be in good condition. How do you tell if it's new or refurbed?

kahawken


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahawken
speedbump wrote:Mine sits flush.

Also, I got a blade removal tool. It's basically a plastic wrench with 4 prongs on it that fit into the finger indentations on the bottom. The handle would allow you to get more torque on the blade than your fingers alone might.

One thing we might want to pay attention to is whether you got the 600XL or 600XL/A model. Reading reviews somewhere else (Amazon or the like) seemed to indicate that they might have changed the blade housing between the revisions to address earlier leaking issues. My box says "XXBBL600XL/A" on the label. The underside of the unit base says 600XL/A on it as well.



Mine arrived today, 600XL with blade removal tool. Did a quick test, snow ice worked well, a small liquid drink (leaked!). Appears in good condition, no marks to be seen, underneath shows a little marks. The book however is used and a few rips :-( Need to read over posts to see what to do for leak. I've taken blade apart w/ gasket...assume I'll tighten and see how it works next time. A bit concerned, with such a high end machine that it would do this.

slaner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner
brookefowler wrote:Has anyone else noticed that their pitcher doesn't sit flush on the base? Mine fits well on the front, but in the back it doesn't sit all the way down so there is a slight gap. I'm not sure if this is worth pursuing a replacement unit as I don't know if it is affecting the effectiveness.



like the other poster, mine sits flush.

slaner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner
Bjkroeker wrote:I received a XL/A model this morning, and it appears to be in good condition. How do you tell if it's new or refurbed?



did it come in a retail box? if not, then it's most likely refurbed (which was what it's supposed to be)

slaner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner
speedbump wrote:Mine sits flush.

Also, I got a blade removal tool. It's basically a plastic wrench with 4 prongs on it that fit into the finger indentations on the bottom. The handle would allow you to get more torque on the blade than your fingers alone might.

One thing we might want to pay attention to is whether you got the 600XL or 600XL/A model. Reading reviews somewhere else (Amazon or the like) seemed to indicate that they might have changed the blade housing between the revisions to address earlier leaking issues. My box says "XXBBL600XL/A" on the label. The underside of the unit base says 600XL/A on it as well.



tool descrip - thanks I didnt have a problem tightening mine all the way, but can see how some might. But, putting the lid on was much more difficult than turning the blade housing until it clicked into place, so to speak.

My model # is the XXBBL600XL

edit to add: found description of the 600XL on breville's australian website and it doesnt mention the tool http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=364 And, according to this review on amazon, the 600XL/A gets the tool and is a rework of the 600XL http://www.amazon.com/review/R2LA08SFRGQB6Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

nursejoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursejoan

As posted earlier, my blender arrived sans lid...
I tested it anyway by placing a towel over the top.
It works well. No leaks.
However, I can't loosen the bottom by hand.
Mine came with the wrench, so I'm sure it can
be loosened, just not by hand.
If you have trouble with leaking, be sure to tighten the
bottom well, then tighten again.

slaner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner

someone was definately napping on the job when they packed yours. Hopefully breville will get you fixed up.

speedbump


quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedbump
slaner wrote:tool descrip - thanks I didnt have a problem tightening mine all the way, but can see how some might. But, putting the lid on was much more difficult than turning the blade housing until it clicked into place, so to speak.

My model # is the XXBBL600XL



It's interesting that you say "until it clicked". On my model, you can basically tighten to your heart's (or hand's) content. I think that was the issue they resolved earlier; due to the tightening limit of the earlier model, no matter what you did, you couldn't get it tight enough. With the revision, you can tighten it enough, but the blade's motion causes it to further torque, preventing you from loosening the blade without the tool even though you only finger tightened it in the first place. Which is also probably why the tool says it's not to be used to tighten, only to loosen, the blade.

EggyToast


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast

Mine showed up on Saturday, is respiffied'd and came w/ the tool. could tell on mine because on the bottom of the base there's an "Inspected by" and initials.

Did a test w/ some pecans, to make chunks for some brownies, and it performed wonderfully. I'll be testing it out with a soup tonight, but it so far seems pretty damn sweet.

editorkid


quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

Wow. I'm a happy camper. Got an A-less XL, with the tool, with the lid, with the mint-condition manual. Must've been a returned gift or something. Tried it out this afternoon and not only did it make a smoothie in the most awesome possible fashion, it opened up a space-time vortex on my counter. No leaks. I can't wait for the Breville espresso machine to get back here.

brookefowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookefowler
speedbump wrote:It's interesting that you say "until it clicked". On my model, you can basically tighten to your heart's (or hand's) content. I think that was the issue they resolved earlier; due to the tightening limit of the earlier model, no matter what you did, you couldn't get it tight enough. With the revision, you can tighten it enough, but the blade's motion causes it to further torque, preventing you from loosening the blade without the tool even though you only finger tightened it in the first place. Which is also probably why the tool says it's not to be used to tighten, only to loosen, the blade.



Ok, on mine (and I'm not sure of the model because I'm not currently in front of my blender), the blades don't tighten at all. You align the arrows on the bottom and twist a quarter turn and the blades are locked in place. That's it... easy as pie.

editorkid


quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

Hm. The type on the bottom of my unit (heyo!) doesn't have the A, but the box it came in does. I'm just going to shrug and figure the A means it's a reverb regardkess of the rest of the details. As I say, it's cosmetically flawless, doesn't leak, and it's strong enough to kick the ass of that butterfly in Japan that's gonna start the next hurricane.

speedbump


quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedbump
brookefowler wrote:Ok, on mine (and I'm not sure of the model because I'm not currently in front of my blender), the blades don't tighten at all. You align the arrows on the bottom and twist a quarter turn and the blades are locked in place. That's it... easy as pie.



Yeah, mine doesn't have arrows; it's definitely not just a quarter turn to remove the blade housing (though that's fine with me, if it allows me to tighten as much as needed).

I finally found the close-up picture I remembered seeing:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Breville_Ikon_Diecast_BlenderpdzDetail.jpg

That's what came in my box.