wootalyzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come
------------------------------------------------------------
Acer Aspire One Ultra Portable Notebook
$289.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Acer Aspire One AOA110-1955 1.6Ghz, 8GB SSD, 512MB, Webcam, 802.11b/g, Linux, OpenOffice

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

uski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uski

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Acer Aspire One Ultra Portable Notebook, for $289.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Acer Aspire One AOA110-1955 1.6Ghz, 8GB SSD, 512MB, Webcam, 802.11b/g, Linux, OpenOffice

Advanced e-mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - The Toolbox for Wooters!

lukeb321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukeb321

I want the xp one - nooooo

shane100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shane100

I'll stick with my Latitude, thanks.

wastedthelight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wastedthelight

If I'm going to buy a laptop, it would be one i could actually do work on. These small screen, low use things are almost useless. Same with tiny 12 inch mac laptops, i don't get it!!!

Love me some Woot! Must make a family of screaming monkeys!

mrwiggl3s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwiggl3s

So this is as powerful as a palm pilot, but not as good as a tablet pc?

11/16/2006 - Adaptec AVC-1400 GameBridge USB 2.0 Adapte
5/28/2008 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor
5/6/2008 iMainGo Portable Speaker for iPod/Sansa/MP3 - 2 Pack

krazykaren5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krazykaren5

Does it have a DVD drive? No??? How do I use the recovery DVD?

animerika

quality posts: 5 Private Messages animerika

I smell a sellout

Makes me wish I had about $300 of extra cash.

My first quality post was about the Pokedex. Awesome.

NewYorkCityBoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NewYorkCityBoy

What..........no Windows?

lukeb321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukeb321

319 on amazon - woot cmon

jstrthejuglr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstrthejuglr

Awww I want one but I just bought a monitor :/

gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger
lukeb321 wrote:I want the xp one - nooooo

$10 more (plus tax, but free shipping), different brand, crappier processor, better memory and hard drive, with XP:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8905973&st=EEEPC900-BK039X++&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1213046768451

trigintus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trigintus

$30 less than the same thing at amazon, meh

wrevis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrevis

How hard is it to stick XP on one of these?

ja2038

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ja2038

I want one of these netbooks so badly.

Nevertheless, I figure the low resolution of all of these netbooks makes them worthless.

I still want one.

mcaram16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcaram16

These are awesome! I'm typing on one right now! (XP version)....definitely worth the money!

Woohoo

christianirc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages christianirc

Check out my review of the newest version of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOz7W0XvdY

Acer Aspire One AOA150-1447. Windows XP, 1gb memory, 160gb hard drive, 6 cell battery. I wouldn't do without the 6 cell battery. Of course it is $100 more.

anonymous4507

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anonymous4507

i saw someone who had one of these. they look awesome and have pretty good stats for a laptop of that size. I dont like laptops at all and this one was actually really cool

doc606

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doc606

if you buy acer, you deserve what you get.......i would refuse this even as a gift.

mr

cincobayou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cincobayou

Linux OS means it's not using Windows XP or Vista, right?

timbubba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbubba

Dont buy. Staples has another 9" acer that has 120gb hardrive and good ole windows XP for just $349.00

tallplaya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tallplaya
xxphrackxx wrote:Be happy it has Linux and not some carp ass OS... like... well... ya know...

..LIKE VISTA?!?!!?!? if it had vista, it would be worth the 300 bananas or whatever those republican wootinizers are charging over there in vietnam or wherever these crack filled packages come from!!!

jaytech

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jaytech

Wow. Too bad I already bought an AOA150-1447 for $270 . These machines are cutting-edge portable, anyone looking for a versatile UMP should look no further. Acer FTW!

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost
doc606 wrote:if you buy acer, you deserve what you get.......i would refuse this even as a gift.

no you wouldn't

agashka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agashka

Oh that's cool, I was to buy one of these, but I'm going in with the XP version, it has a better battery.

Any one interested in this should check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_netbooks

little summary:
cheapest Atom subnotebook; but! lack of upgrades:
to upgrade the ram (to 1.5gb max) you have to dissasemble it all. The SSD is in IDE and this model doesn't come with the SATA soldered on. You will need to do some radical changes to put in a HD (in this model).
The SSD, there is 2 versions of it, Samsung and Intel, the intel have been reported to be slower. On the bottom, there a pci-e cover, but no pci-e connector inside.

Hope this help a litte
-Vincent

gorio1961

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorio1961

Excellent machine1 I just bought an XP version at Walmart last week for $328.00

IMarks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IMarks

I've used the OpenOffice suite extensively, especially the word processor, and it's great... possibly the best deal in open-source software that there is (it's a free download). No doubt you could transfer work done on this little machine with OpenOffice to the corresponding Microsoft applications on your Windows PC. All that being said, I would rather spend a little more and get a notebook running XP or VistaCarp with a DVD drive and a proper screen.

- Filmwonk

wootaddict

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootaddict

Pretty good CNET review, but it slams the battery life (2 hours).
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/acer-aspire-one-linpus/4505-3121_7-33190895.html?tag=mncol;lst

agent1atl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages agent1atl

A newer version with 1 gig and XP is only $349 with free shipping at Newegg. No deals here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115499

Agent1

colebeck

quality posts: 12 Private Messages colebeck

same one but with XP on is tigerdirect for $389

buggsy2

quality posts: 8 Private Messages buggsy2

dahat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dahat

I am so throwing the pre-beta of Windows 7 on this bad boy... just as soon as I up the ram a bit.

popsynth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popsynth

We got one of the 6 Cell kind from another retailer for 100 more. I have never been more pleased with a purchase. Compared to the EEEs, Acer's build is a bit stronger. The keyboard is a tiny bit bigger also which is bare minimum for comfortable typing. It came with XP and a 160 gig drive. Still think I am going to woot tonight! How about one to leave in a vehicle for travel?

uncle pennybags

quality posts: 13 Private Messages uncle pennybags

If only this didn't have the SSD, I would totally buy. Sadly I'm no fan of the performance of the SSD vs regular old HDD. Plus having more storage means I could dual boot XP & Ubuntu!!!!

AntiSoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AntiSoul

Would've had me if it was the 160GB version.

landocal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landocal

The 12" powerbook is one of the greatest machines ever. It is easily one of the best highly portable computers, and was also very powerful. When I was in college I edited at 15 minute hd movie on one for my final project. Grant it, it wasn't as fast as a Mac Pro, but it easily got the job done in Final Cut Pro.

slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

These are so cute!

I've heard these machines are great for browsing around online and chatting when you're playing full screen games on another machine. Also, a coworker of mine got one of these and loves the Linux OS it comes with. He'd never used it before getting the machine (it's either the same or similar to this one) and was blown away by how easy it was for him to use it.

I'm getting my new HP TX2500Z Tuesday or Wednesday-ish, I can't wait!! New laptops are so much fun! (and so happy to be getting rid of this monstrous Dell 9100...) YAY!

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

Pommy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pommy

Wow, I'm impressed. I emailed Woot a couple weeks ago after the Woot-Off and mentioned that they should look into selling netbooks like the Aspire One or the upcoming Samsung NC10. I don't know if the Woot Gods have smiled upon me or this is just a coincidence but my respect for Woot customer service goes up a few notches regardless hahah.
'
Just fyi for those who don't get what this is "for" -- it's basically a super light internet machine / typewriter; ie it's designed for on-the-go internet or word processing or whatnot ... it's a good mobile notetaker for students or just something really portable for people who don't want to shell out -$2-3K for a Vaio TZ or something. It's sufficient to do the two things most people use their laptops for -- internet and work. The Atom is bleh in terms of processing power but is low-voltage and allows for longer battery life. It's not like it can't function as a (slightly subpar) normal laptop if you really want it to, but that's not what it's designed to be.

That being said, I'm really torn because a 3 cell is a dealbreaker for pretty much all the netbooks out there and there IS an Aspire One with a 6 cell ... and the NC10 is just around the corner so I'm disinclined to buy this =/ I feel a little ungrateful after I asked for it and it showed up, but hopefully this'll be the start of a trend. I would snatch the NC10 in a second if it showed up on Woot.

yts88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yts88

pale in comparison to my hp2133, and no way i'd run windows, custom kernel FTW