KtCallista wrote:Tell me about it! My first job in high school the HR lady was allergic to fragrances. No one was allowed to wear fragrance. I didn't get it then, boy do I ever now! I hate shopping at Christmas time, all the candles and scented pine cones. And they are always next to whatever it is you came to look at!!!!! It took years before I got all the inlaws to figure out that while I love candles, there are only like 2 or 3 scents that I can have. My dad just got diagnosed as having a fragrance allergy and my Mom had to stop burning candles.
Lemon-scented dish soap, that stuff is brutal!!!
Lets see the only other ones I can think of right now are eye strain and dehydration. Oh and high pitch repetitive noises. . . like a squeeking fan or someone going to town on a dog whistle (yes I can hear dog whistles, they aren't that high pitch).
Yeah my wife has the same sensitivity to fragrances as I do, if not more so. You won't find a scented candle, can of air freshener, Plug-Ins, scented lotions or soaps or anything else like that in our home. If someone comes to visit and they think it stinks (with 4 kids and a dog - it probably does sometimes), well, that is their problem.
The high pitch repetitive noises doesn't trigger mine. Sometimes being over-tired can though.