redria7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:I can't imagine it being different where you are going, but there is usually a student group or two heading to the great outdoors over labor day weekend.

Last Post

hm. thanks for the tip. ill have to see what i can find. shouldnt be too hard

LP

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:hm. thanks for the tip. ill have to see what i can find. shouldnt be too hard

LP

I'm sure you'll find a group. It's generally a good time for a mixer.

Last Post

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:I'm sure you'll find a group. It's generally a good time for a mixer.

Last Post

LP!!

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:LP!!

Morning Kenney, how goes?

last Post

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:Morning Kenney, how goes?

last Post

...ate...too...much!

last post!

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:...ate...too...much!

last post!

I hope I can say that soon. . . waiting for Orc to agree it's lunchtime.

It'd be good to get away from the hammering for a bit.

Last Post

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:...ate...too...much!

last post!

Feeling a bit... cakey?

Last post!

redria7

SkekTek wrote:Feeling a bit... cakey?

Last post!

i...love...portal...

LP

SkekTek

redria7 wrote:i...love...portal...

LP

I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

I'm good at it, so I guess you can call me a smart ALEC.

LP

redria7

SkekTek wrote:I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

LP

i got it today. and in like 2 and a half hours i finished the 19 stages. but this last thing is looong.

LP

LittleMissRachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
SkekTek wrote:I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

LP

Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

once again, I don't know what y'all are talking about.

That's okay, I'll take Last Post anyway

LP

redria7

LittleMissRachel wrote:Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post

let me take this LP while i go fall 30,000 feet.

Last Post

SkekTek

LittleMissRachel wrote:Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post

Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Costume idea for Halloween:

Last Post.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Last Post.

Something tells me it just wouldn't be the same with the big preggo belly. . . .

Last (haven't played portal) Post

redria7

KtCallista wrote:Something tells me it just wouldn't be the same with the big preggo belly. . . .

Last (haven't played portal) Post

you poor poor soul. i truly cant believe how much fun iv had in 3 hours of playing.

LP

LittleMissRachel

SkekTek wrote:Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Last Post.

Damn...tempted...but Chell's not a redhead...

Last Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

KtCallista

redria7 wrote:you poor poor soul. i truly cant believe how much fun iv had in 3 hours of playing.

LP

Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Now having my kids cheer (like cheerleaders, hand motions and the works) while I took out monsters in the Necrol of Nabudis in FFXII on Sunday, that was a very awesome gaming experience!

Last Post

redria7

KtCallista wrote:Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Now having my kids cheer (like cheerleaders, hand motions and the works) while I took out monsters in the Necrol of Nabudis in FFXII on Sunday, that was a very awesome gaming experience!

Last Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w
its not exactly a fps. its more of a first person puzzle game. if that makes sense. precise aiming is not entirely essential to succeed.

LP

KtCallista

redria7 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w
its not exactly a fps. its more of a first person puzzle game. if that makes sense. precise aiming is not entirely essential to succeed.

LP

Ah. . . I like puzzles, no sound at work though.

I am not kidding when I say I have a stack of videogames that I haven't had time to play that never seems to get smaller. . .

my gaming computer is also almost 6 years old - saddness.

last Post

redria7

KtCallista wrote:Ah. . . I like puzzles, no sound at work though.

I am not kidding when I say I have a stack of videogames that I haven't had time to play that never seems to get smaller. . .

my gaming computer is also almost 6 years old - saddness.

last Post

there will be a rainy sunday someday when you will be alone with nothing to do. video games have a way of finding themselves played if you give them enough time.

LP

LittleMissRachel

KtCallista wrote:Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Last Post

Sort of...but sort of not. It's on a FPS engine, but it's really more a first-person puzzle platformer. For the most part your enemy is the environment. Your sole "weapon" creates portals on the walls, blue and yellow. Walk through the blue portal, and you come out the yellow one.

Last Post

KtCallista

redria7 wrote:there will be a rainy sunday someday when you will be alone with nothing to do. video games have a way of finding themselves played if you give them enough time.

LP

LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post

redria7

KtCallista wrote:LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post

im more a fan of Phantasy Star Online, hence the "redria" name. im about 200 hours in on my main character and im only like level 130 of 200. and i get absolutely destroyed on the last level of both episodes.

LP

KtCallista

grr stupid thing wouldn't let me post

Gotta go home, later!

Last Post

redria7

KtCallista wrote:grr stupid thing wouldn't let me post

Gotta go home, later!

Last Post

hai!

LP

LittleMissRachel

redria7 wrote:hai!

LP

Nonono, she's leaving, so it's 'bai!'

Last Post

redria7

LittleMissRachel wrote:Nonono, she's leaving, so it's 'bai!'

Last Post

not in japanese its not. :P

LP

KtCallista

redria7 wrote:not in japanese its not. :P

LP

but I don't speak japanese. . . I took Latin instead.

last Post

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post

Hee. Working on trying to get 100% on Lego Star Wars on the Wii. Nothing left but the challenge levels.

I never got all the OCD's for world of goo. don't have that kind of patience.

Need a new game though.]

LP

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Hee. Working on trying to get 100% on Lego Star Wars on the Wii. Nothing left but the challenge levels.

I never got all the OCD's for world of goo. don't have that kind of patience.

Need a new game though.]

LP

I have tons! Want a recommendation? I think my next wii game will be Lego Batman, I got it for my birthday. Still haven't finished either of the Lego Star Wars, they are Orc's, but we have them on the PS2 not the wii.

LP

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I have tons! Want a recommendation? I think my next wii game will be Lego Batman, I got it for my birthday. Still haven't finished either of the Lego Star Wars, they are Orc's, but we have them on the PS2 not the wii.

LP

Sure! Anything PC based is cool. But for the Wii, got three words...

Lego..

Harry...

Potter...

Can't wait!

LP

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Sure! Anything PC based is cool. But for the Wii, got three words...

Lego..

Harry...

Potter...

Can't wait!

LP

I know!!!! That teaser was excellent!

I haven't been playing much on the PC. . . I have Spore, but my graphics card is maxed out with it (sad huh?). Maybe LMR has a suggestion.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I know!!!! That teaser was excellent!

I haven't been playing much on the PC. . . I have Spore, but my graphics card is maxed out with it (sad huh?). Maybe LMR has a suggestion.

Last game I played was Crysis. That maxed my graphics card too. But the graphics was excellent. I'm always nervous since my Dell box warms up to around 70-80C when I start taxing the graphics. Ouch. Need to figure out a way to keep it cool.

Maybe Last Post.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Last game I played was Crysis. That maxed my graphics card too. But the graphics was excellent. I'm always nervous since my Dell box warms up to around 70-80C when I start taxing the graphics. Ouch. Need to figure out a way to keep it cool.

Maybe Last Post.

I know some people who've had good luck putting box fans near the air intake.

Last Post

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Drive-by last posting

Thanks SS for my new togs!

redria7

terrimeyers wrote:Drive-by last posting

return drive-by LP

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:Last (haven't played portal) Post

Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

The other great thing about it is that it isn't a terribly long game that requires hundreds of hours to finish.

[I would put my favorite quote from the game here but don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played/finished the game yet]

last post

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

The other great thing about it is that it isn't a terribly long game that requires hundreds of hours to finish.

[I would put my favorite quote from the game here but don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played/finished the game yet]

last post

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 (we thought about getting one, but haven't). I'm not sure my computer will meet the graphics requirement, and it's an AGP card so upgrading is difficult.

Last I need a good gaming laptop for cheap Post

SkekTek

Turken wrote:Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

last post

I love love love half life. In all its incarnations. Sure, it's a FPS, but it's a gorgeous one. When I upgraded my graphics card to a (now outdated) NVidia 7900GS, the high-dynamic lighting just blew me away. IT's like really being there.

Can't wait until Half Life Episode 3 when they'll release the new Portal game.