redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:I can't imagine it being different where you are going, but there is usually a student group or two heading to the great outdoors over labor day weekend.

Last Post



hm. thanks for the tip. ill have to see what i can find. shouldnt be too hard

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:hm. thanks for the tip. ill have to see what i can find. shouldnt be too hard

LP



I'm sure you'll find a group. It's generally a good time for a mixer.

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:I'm sure you'll find a group. It's generally a good time for a mixer.

Last Post



LP!!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:LP!!



Morning Kenney, how goes?

last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:Morning Kenney, how goes?

last Post



...ate...too...much!

last post!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:...ate...too...much!

last post!



I hope I can say that soon. . . waiting for Orc to agree it's lunchtime.

It'd be good to get away from the hammering for a bit.

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:...ate...too...much!

last post!



Feeling a bit... cakey?

Last post!

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
SkekTek wrote:Feeling a bit... cakey?

Last post!



i...love...portal...

LP

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
redria7 wrote:i...love...portal...

LP



I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

I'm good at it, so I guess you can call me a smart ALEC.

LP

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
SkekTek wrote:I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

I'm good at it, so I guess you can call me a smart ALEC.

LP



i got it today. and in like 2 and a half hours i finished the 19 stages. but this last thing is looong.

LP

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
SkekTek wrote:I love the Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Center too!

I'm good at it, so I guess you can call me a smart ALEC.

LP



Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

once again, I don't know what y'all are talking about.

That's okay, I'll take Last Post anyway

LP

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
LittleMissRachel wrote:Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post



let me take this LP while i go fall 30,000 feet.

Last Post

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
LittleMissRachel wrote:Aperture SCIENCE, not Laboratories.

Last Portal...erm...Post



Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Costume idea for Halloween:



Last Post.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Costume idea for Halloween:



Last Post.



Something tells me it just wouldn't be the same with the big preggo belly. . . .

Last (haven't played portal) Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:Something tells me it just wouldn't be the same with the big preggo belly. . . .

Last (haven't played portal) Post



you poor poor soul. i truly cant believe how much fun iv had in 3 hours of playing.

LP

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
SkekTek wrote:Actually, both are correct, according to in-game graphics and Wikipedia. Talking about Portal makes me GLaDOS...

Costume idea for Halloween:



Last Post.



Damn...tempted...but Chell's not a redhead...

Last Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:you poor poor soul. i truly cant believe how much fun iv had in 3 hours of playing.

LP



Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Now having my kids cheer (like cheerleaders, hand motions and the works) while I took out monsters in the Necrol of Nabudis in FFXII on Sunday, that was a very awesome gaming experience!

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Now having my kids cheer (like cheerleaders, hand motions and the works) while I took out monsters in the Necrol of Nabudis in FFXII on Sunday, that was a very awesome gaming experience!

Last Post



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w
its not exactly a fps. its more of a first person puzzle game. if that makes sense. precise aiming is not entirely essential to succeed.

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w
its not exactly a fps. its more of a first person puzzle game. if that makes sense. precise aiming is not entirely essential to succeed.

LP



Ah. . . I like puzzles, no sound at work though.

I am not kidding when I say I have a stack of videogames that I haven't had time to play that never seems to get smaller. . .

my gaming computer is also almost 6 years old - saddness.

last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:Ah. . . I like puzzles, no sound at work though.

I am not kidding when I say I have a stack of videogames that I haven't had time to play that never seems to get smaller. . .

my gaming computer is also almost 6 years old - saddness.

last Post



there will be a rainy sunday someday when you will be alone with nothing to do. video games have a way of finding themselves played if you give them enough time.

LP

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
KtCallista wrote:Not knowing the game, but judging by the convo and pic I'm guessing fps. I'm not really an fps player, I mean I beta tested a couple back in the day, but I'd rather watch. I'm only good at sniping and just don't have the coordination for a moving kill.

Now having my kids cheer (like cheerleaders, hand motions and the works) while I took out monsters in the Necrol of Nabudis in FFXII on Sunday, that was a very awesome gaming experience!

Last Post



Sort of...but sort of not. It's on a FPS engine, but it's really more a first-person puzzle platformer. For the most part your enemy is the environment. Your sole "weapon" creates portals on the walls, blue and yellow. Walk through the blue portal, and you come out the yellow one.

Last Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:there will be a rainy sunday someday when you will be alone with nothing to do. video games have a way of finding themselves played if you give them enough time.

LP



LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post



im more a fan of Phantasy Star Online, hence the "redria" name. im about 200 hours in on my main character and im only like level 130 of 200. and i get absolutely destroyed on the last level of both episodes.

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

grr stupid thing wouldn't let me post

Gotta go home, later!

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
KtCallista wrote:grr stupid thing wouldn't let me post

Gotta go home, later!

Last Post



hai!

LP

LittleMissRachel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleMissRachel
redria7 wrote:hai!

LP



Nonono, she's leaving, so it's 'bai!'

Last Post

LMR's opinions are like margaritas: intoxicating, and best taken with a bit of salt.

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
LittleMissRachel wrote:Nonono, she's leaving, so it's 'bai!'

Last Post



not in japanese its not. :P

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
redria7 wrote:not in japanese its not. :P

LP



but I don't speak japanese. . . I took Latin instead.

last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:LMR has seen my stack of games, and I'm the kind of gamer that has to do every bleeding thing in the game before I call it done (hense why I don't finish most of them). I'm about halfway through FFXII - about 250 hours in.

Last Post



Hee. Working on trying to get 100% on Lego Star Wars on the Wii. Nothing left but the challenge levels.

I never got all the OCD's for world of goo. don't have that kind of patience.

Need a new game though.]

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Hee. Working on trying to get 100% on Lego Star Wars on the Wii. Nothing left but the challenge levels.

I never got all the OCD's for world of goo. don't have that kind of patience.

Need a new game though.]

LP



I have tons! Want a recommendation? I think my next wii game will be Lego Batman, I got it for my birthday. Still haven't finished either of the Lego Star Wars, they are Orc's, but we have them on the PS2 not the wii.

LP

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:I have tons! Want a recommendation? I think my next wii game will be Lego Batman, I got it for my birthday. Still haven't finished either of the Lego Star Wars, they are Orc's, but we have them on the PS2 not the wii.

LP



Sure! Anything PC based is cool. But for the Wii, got three words...

Lego..

Harry...

Potter...

Can't wait!

LP

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Sure! Anything PC based is cool. But for the Wii, got three words...

Lego..

Harry...

Potter...

Can't wait!

LP




I know!!!! That teaser was excellent!

I haven't been playing much on the PC. . . I have Spore, but my graphics card is maxed out with it (sad huh?). Maybe LMR has a suggestion.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:I know!!!! That teaser was excellent!

I haven't been playing much on the PC. . . I have Spore, but my graphics card is maxed out with it (sad huh?). Maybe LMR has a suggestion.



Last game I played was Crysis. That maxed my graphics card too. But the graphics was excellent. I'm always nervous since my Dell box warms up to around 70-80C when I start taxing the graphics. Ouch. Need to figure out a way to keep it cool.

Maybe Last Post.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Last game I played was Crysis. That maxed my graphics card too. But the graphics was excellent. I'm always nervous since my Dell box warms up to around 70-80C when I start taxing the graphics. Ouch. Need to figure out a way to keep it cool.

Maybe Last Post.



I know some people who've had good luck putting box fans near the air intake.

Last Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

terrimeyers


quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

Drive-by last posting


Thanks SS for my new togs!

redria7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redria7
terrimeyers wrote:Drive-by last posting



return drive-by LP

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:Last (haven't played portal) Post



Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

The other great thing about it is that it isn't a terribly long game that requires hundreds of hours to finish.

[I would put my favorite quote from the game here but don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played/finished the game yet]

last post


KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Turken wrote:Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

The other great thing about it is that it isn't a terribly long game that requires hundreds of hours to finish.

[I would put my favorite quote from the game here but don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played/finished the game yet]

last post



Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 (we thought about getting one, but haven't). I'm not sure my computer will meet the graphics requirement, and it's an AGP card so upgrading is difficult.

Last I need a good gaming laptop for cheap Post

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Turken wrote:Like the others pointed out it's more platforming and puzzles than FPS, although there are a few moments where having some run-and-gun skills help out. I actually bought the Orange Box collection (PS3) just to get Portal. Still haven't gotten around to playing any of the other games on the disc yet, but Portal was a blast from start to finish.

The other great thing about it is that it isn't a terribly long game that requires hundreds of hours to finish.

[I would put my favorite quote from the game here but don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played/finished the game yet]

last post



I love love love half life. In all its incarnations. Sure, it's a FPS, but it's a gorgeous one. When I upgraded my graphics card to a (now outdated) NVidia 7900GS, the high-dynamic lighting just blew me away. IT's like really being there.

Can't wait until Half Life Episode 3 when they'll release the new Portal game.