jimmybwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmybwoot

Gee, nothing but positive posts here; amazing. Perhaps you have deleted all of the posts that criticize what you are doing.

Since there are obviously many people (such as myself) that have their posts deleted without any explanation, perhaps you should consider a policy that will let people know what is wrong with their posts.

Certainly people like that peteromans clown know what they are doing wrong, but not everyone does.

I just recently made a simple post on a 'Todays Woot' forum and it was removed. My post was like many others before me but mine was removed. I have no clue why. This just makes me want to ignore the entire woot community and stop buying your products.

Fix your system.

jkilgore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkilgore

I just noticed this for the 1st time. Are you kidding? I was hoping this was new, and about to take effect... but this apparently has been in place? Wow, I can't imagine how much crap there was before I joined, then.
I would like to see this policy take a little stronger during Woot-offs. The forums are just intolerable during those. Seriously, how lame do you have to be to take pride in posting on the first page? GO OUTSIDE. LOOK AT A TREE OR SOMETHING. Jesus.

DMusicJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMusicJr
jkilgore wrote:I just noticed this for the 1st time. Are you kidding? I was hoping this was new, and about to take effect... but this apparently has been in place? Wow, I can't imagine how much crap there was before I joined, then.
I would like to see this policy take a little stronger during Woot-offs. The forums are just intolerable during those. Seriously, how lame do you have to be to take pride in posting on the first page? GO OUTSIDE. LOOK AT A TREE OR SOMETHING. Jesus.

You really hit the nail on the head regardign the woot off nonsense. The servers get hammered hard enough and when the page is lagging because people are posting "first page", "does this work with a mac" , Bandolier of Carrots, etc. It stops hard working wooters like me from spending the money I don't have on stuff I may not need because it takes 20 minutes to submit an order. I agree that they need to get a life or get banned from the forums for a while.

You're on probation!
You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason:
Avoiding probation. (96h)
Please stare at the photo on the left for 96 hours and then try posting again.

Mossard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mossard

First off, on my computer the top and bottom links show "Woot! The Community → Member Forums → World of Woot → Noise Reduction: Cracking Down on F..."
Second, I do appreciate the content of Woot forums as of late and I see the aim of your goal. But when I see a Salton grill, a Leak Frog, and a howlin' Woot monkey, who do you expect to attract.
Third, keep it up. Listing "relevant" postings at the top of the forum page is a great improvement . Don't change the format, one day one deal etc. because whatever it is you do in Texas stays in Texas until we see it.

Todd Ard

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Mossard wrote:
Second, I do appreciate the content of Woot forums as of late and I see the aim of your goal. But when I see a Salton grill, a Leak Frog, and a howlin' Woot monkey, who do you expect to attract.

We do keep in mind the item, podcast, write-up, and product image when moderating. If it's a silly item (and we know it, like the turbo-plunger), there's a bit more leniency. If you had to pick two hard and fast rules to living on the Woot forums, they'd probably resemble:
1.) Don't be a dick.
2.) Do what you can to be informative, thoughtful, or, at the very least, remain at least partially on topic/in the right forum.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

melev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melev

I was just thinking about this thread looking at today's comments for the current woot item. Because no-one could post for 7 hours, the discussion is about as on-topic as I've ever seen.

Since you change some words with an automatic script, perhaps you could do the same for:

FIRST! to "Delete this post, Mods"
Does this work with a MAC? to "Delete this post, Mods"
Lame! to "Delete this post, Mods"

I think you get the idea. ;)

Marc

compking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compking

Yeah, I must give a big thanks myself! I really appreciate it, although on woot offs it can still have a little bit of a tendency to get out of hand sometimes. A lot more lately than before. Are there any stirring ideas or some in effect for those situations? Also, is there anything we can do as wooters to help?

--

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who get binary and those who don't.

KingWiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingWiley

We hear, and we obey, for the way of the woot is the woot order. The problem isn't the moderators fault, remember. It's the fault of the idiots who post all the crap on the forums in the first place. If the moderators are missing it, be patient, they can't do everything at once. It really isn't THAT hard to scroll down the page past those. My point is, stop complaining about the crap on the forums. By complaining, you are adding to the problem and making it worse.

I think "No complaining" should be on the rule list, lol.

May the woot be with you. And with you.

ekmadden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ekmadden

what about catz pics?