KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:I had to sleep with a 6-yr old bed hog who kicks the last few days... does that count?

Thought the random shirt thing was odd, so I only now realized that the original shirt was major copyright infringement...

I missed the random shirt thing.

Sleeping with a kicking kid counts! My 4 year old has always been a kicker. I had to sleep with her in our cabin on the train when she was 9 months, and I didn't get any sleep. I ended up napping most of the morning while Orc took her to the lounge car, I was so tired!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:I missed the random shirt thing.

Sleeping with a kicking kid counts! My 4 year old has always been a kicker. I had to sleep with her in our cabin on the train when she was 9 months, and I didn't get any sleep. I ended up napping most of the morning while Orc took her to the lounge car, I was so tired!

Problem is, I shove him to the other side, and he just scoots back over.

Speaking of which, I better go to sleep myself... He gets up early too

Night all!

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Problem is, I shove him to the other side, and he just scoots back over.

Speaking of which, I better go to sleep myself... He gets up early too

Night all!

Goodnight!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ooooh, cold front blowing in. Really hearing the wind outside.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Ooooh, cold front blowing in. Really hearing the wind outside.

brrr Better throw an extra blanket on the bed!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
DA59 wrote:Ooooh, cold front blowing in. Really hearing the wind outside.

We're supposed to be 0 Thurs. morning.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:We're supposed to be 0 Thurs. morning.

Ick. This one isn't too bad. High of 51 tomorrow. Looks like a 2nd one Thursday though with a high of 45 or so.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Ick. This one isn't too bad. High of 51 tomorrow. Looks like a 2nd one Thursday though with a high of 45 or so.

Wow! That's shorts weather.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wow! That's shorts weather.

Heh. Probably for you. I'm a weanie.

I'm pooped. Gnite.

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Heh. Probably for you. I'm a weanie.

I'm pooped. Gnite.

Goodnight

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

good morning.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Good morning, post ladies of the evening!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.

Slept better until the pool kicked on about 3am (freeze guard). It was blowing bubbles which can mean that the flap for the basket at one end got stuck keep the water from flowing freely. Happens when it's windy and it was windy. Get up go outside (FREEZING!) but no, it's ok. Go to the bathroom then back to bed. Five minutes later I realize, I can still hear the toilet. Get up, wiggle the handle and back to bed. About an hour later I wake up to the toilet self-flushing. Sigh.

On the up side, I just bought my first Christmas presents for next year. Thanks woot. Set for me, nephew, and NIL.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
DA59 wrote:Morning all.

Slept better until the pool kicked on about 3am (freeze guard). It was blowing bubbles which can mean that the flap for the basket at one end got stuck keep the water from flowing freely. Happens when it's windy and it was windy. Get up go outside (FREEZING!) but no, it's ok. Go to the bathroom then back to bed. Five minutes later I realize, I can still hear the toilet. Get up, wiggle the handle and back to bed. About an hour later I wake up to the toilet self-flushing. Sigh.

On the up side, I just bought my first Christmas presents for next year. Thanks woot. Set for me, nephew, and NIL.

Pools sound like such a pain. I used to think I would like one but I decided several years ago that we are just too lazy to take care of it properly.

ThunderThighs

Staff

joyner wrote:Pools sound like such a pain. I used to think I would like one but I decided several years ago that we are just too lazy to take care of it properly.

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!!!

The chemicals and stuff aren't hard at all. It's the leaves in the fall, the backwashing, leaking gaskets, etc that drive me nuts.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

DA59 wrote:I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!!!

The chemicals and stuff aren't hard at all. It's the leaves in the fall, the backwashing, leaking gaskets, etc that drive me nuts.

My parents are pretty sick of dealing with theirs after ten years. Pool guy takes care of most of the stuff, but they have to pay a bundle in water/power bills, even if they don't heat it.

Nice in the summer, though!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady

Beat you on the Christmas presents. Correlle has Christmas bowls on sale for 79 cents. That took care of card club for next year. Just have to decide what to put in them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Beat you on the Christmas presents. Correlle has Christmas bowls on sale for 79 cents. That took care of card club for next year. Just have to decide what to put in them.

Good job! My biggest challenge will be finding them next Christmas after the move. This year I had a spot in my closet where I put the various things I bought throughout the year.

Chocolate poker chips

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Good job! My biggest challenge will be finding them next Christmas after the move. This year I had a spot in my closet where I put the various things I bought throughout the year.

Chocolate poker chips

Hi!
Working on a new schedule here. Trying to make Rusty sleep later and then get up and feed and walk him.
Figured I was up 1 to 2 hours in the morning then went back to bed. So maybe I can get the dog to sleep to 9 or 10 instead.

But we lost the doggies we played with in the morning. The main guy, who had two big dogs...sort of like Lynnies, doesn't have a set time to go out. Any time between 7am and 11. They didn't actually play with rusty, but let him run around with them, which was great!

Plus, stupid doggie has decided that he isn't coming back when we call. which is going to mean, no off leash time unless it is fenced in. There is only one fenced in place anywhere near here.

Son should come home today! Make the cat happy! Dog ate his slippers while he was gone. I warned him!

Well, gotta walk him before mom day. See you tonight, if the stupid internet is working.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper

Good morning, everyone! Is it really 13 days into January already!?

pooflady

tennbeekeeper wrote:Good morning, everyone! Is it really 13 days into January already!?

Yep. And tomorrow it'll be 14.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Did KtC get the Sears situation settled?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ooooh, I just had one of these in peppermint. Yummy Yummy.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I think you must live in Amityville, TX.

tennbeekeeper

pooflady wrote:Yep. And tomorrow it'll be 14.

Way too predictable a system going on here!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:I think you must live in Amityville, TX.

Feels that way sometimes. Triple sigh.

tennbeekeeper

DA59 wrote:Feels that way sometimes. Triple sigh.

Poor DA59! I hope it is a simple, low-cost seal.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tennbeekeeper wrote:Poor DA59! I hope it is a simple, low-cost seal.

I think it's ok. I've already replaced the flapper. I think it just landed wrong last night. It seems ok this morning.

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:Did KtC get the Sears situation settled?

Sorta. They just sent me a receipt yesterday saying they put ALL of the money back on my Mother's VISA, it still hasn't shown up on her account though (not even as pending).

My Mom wants us to go somewhere else to get and get a freezer.

KtCallista

Has anyone used the Color Wonder stuff from Crayola? I know people rave about this stuff, but I've never gotten any before and Ver1 got some as a belated birthday present this weekend. I was wondering a couple things: Do the pens always disintegrate when you use them? and If you open the paint pins can you store them, or are they a one time use thing? There is nothing on the Crayola site that I could find while trying to settle the oncoming disputes between the girls as one has color wonder stuff and the other isn't allowed to use markers.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Back from eyeball doctor. Making good progress. Keep up the drops every two hours. Reduce oral predisone to 40mg/day. See ya in a week.

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Back from eyeball doctor. Making good progress. Keep up the drops every two hours. Reduce oral predisone to 40mg/day. See ya in a week.

Glad things are getting better!

pooflady

DA59 wrote:Back from eyeball doctor. Making good progress. Keep up the drops every two hours. Reduce oral predisone to 40mg/day. See ya in a week.

There's light at the end of the tunnel. *snicker*

Finally had my sushi lunch with granddaughter. Don't think sushi's going to be a menu staple anytime soon. First had hissoun (?). Too hot for granddaughter, so I knew better than to try it. She ended up digging out the avocados and eating them. Then had something with tuna. Neither of us liked that. Didn't care a lot for seaweed. Interestingly enough, what I did like was eel. Ate a lot of that.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Has anyone used the Color Wonder stuff from Crayola? I know people rave about this stuff, but I've never gotten any before and Ver1 got some as a belated birthday present this weekend. I was wondering a couple things: Do the pens always disintegrate when you use them? and If you open the paint pins can you store them, or are they a one time use thing? There is nothing on the Crayola site that I could find while trying to settle the oncoming disputes between the girls as one has color wonder stuff and the other isn't allowed to use markers.

Here's this

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Here's this

Thanks, but it still doesn't tell me whether you can use the paint pens more than one day or if the felt stuff is supposed to disintegrate on the one kind of pens. Ohh well, they are having fun. I think we will save the paint pens another day. Ver1 has managed to get the color on her hands (I don't know how, I imagine it's from rubbing her fingers on the colored paper. She actually has multiple colors so a bit more fun than just the couple of colors mentioned in the wiki article.

ThunderThighs

Staff

This would have fun to attend

Be sure to watch the video at the bottom. It's one of my favs.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:Thanks, but it still doesn't tell me whether you can use the paint pens more than one day or if the felt stuff is supposed to disintegrate on the one kind of pens. Ohh well, they are having fun. I think we will save the paint pens another day. Ver1 has managed to get the color on her hands (I don't know how, I imagine it's from rubbing her fingers on the colored paper. She actually has multiple colors so a bit more fun than just the couple of colors mentioned in the wiki article.

The pens last a while-- they are very smelly. The special paper is very smelly as well. My experience was the pens did not disintegrate, but that was about 2 years ago and Crayola may have "improved" them since then.

We have the Crayola crayon melter to make swirled crayons. That was quite fun and we got our money's worth out of it. I liked that better than color wonder...

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:There's light at the end of the tunnel. *snicker*

Finally had my sushi lunch with granddaughter. Don't think sushi's going to be a menu staple anytime soon. First had hissoun (?). Too hot for granddaughter, so I knew better than to try it. She ended up digging out the avocados and eating them. Then had something with tuna. Neither of us liked that. Didn't care a lot for seaweed. Interestingly enough, what I did like was eel. Ate a lot of that.

ha-ha

I'm not a big sushi fan.