FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

NoI'mnotcrazy,sowhatifIrefertomyselfinthirdperson,andsometimesIcallmyselfFenorforgetthatmynameisn'tFen.Thatdoesn'tmakemecrazy,nodon'ttakemeawaynoooooooooooo

Still single, can't imagine why.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody....got to wake daughter up and make waffles.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Hi people.

I used to be able to click right next to the person's name who last posted to go to the end of the thread.

How do I do that now?

I'm confused.

I'm gonna fiddle with my monitor settings and maybe that'll fix it back the way it was...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:Hi people.

I used to be able to click right next to the person's name who last posted to go to the end of the thread.

How do I do that now?

I'm confused.

I'm gonna fiddle with my monitor settings and maybe that'll fix it back the way it was...

let me know if you figger it out.

otherwise, Good morning everyone! we got a dusting of snow. remarkably, they didn't cancel school.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:let me know if you figger it out.

otherwise, Good morning everyone! we got a dusting of snow. remarkably, they didn't cancel school.

We had a long night. Poor eldest son got sick all night. Wife took the first shift and now is sleeping in late. I'm now on vomit duty. And walking around the house, I'm singing a parody of a Police tune: "Every little thing I do is static..." shock shock ouch shock...

But I got a huge, tasty coffee and two kids who are content to sit around and do educational things (reading, Leapster) while I surf, so it all balances out

joyner

SkekTek wrote:We had a long night. Poor eldest son got sick all night. Wife took the first shift and now is sleeping in late. I'm now on vomit duty. And walking around the house, I'm singing a parody of a Police tune: "Every little thing I do is static..." shock shock ouch shock...

But I got a huge, tasty coffee and two kids who are content to sit around and do educational things (reading, Leapster) while I surf, so it all balances out

Everybody better this morning?

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:We had a long night. Poor eldest son got sick all night. Wife took the first shift and now is sleeping in late. I'm now on vomit duty. And walking around the house, I'm singing a parody of a Police tune: "Every little thing I do is static..." shock shock ouch shock...

mmmmm. coffee. I needs another cup.

as far as the sick kid, ouch.
I'm leaving tomorrow to visit my parents for a couple of days, and get a big-assed oak desk, I think it's a partner's desk, that my dad wants rid of. I hope none of our kids gets sick while I'm gone.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:mmmmm. coffee. I needs another cup.

I'm leaving tomorrow to visit my parents for a couple of days, and get a big-assed oak desk, I think it's a partner's desk, that my dad wants rid of. I hope none of our kids gets sick while I'm gone.

Here's to health. We got a lot of cleanup to do so I'll be on and off the board this morning.

joyner

Ohhhhh, those are so cool, but they are really big! More coffee for me too. I'm going to put hot chocolate mix in mine. Maybe some whipped cream on top!

Josephus

joyner wrote:Ohhhhh, those are so cool, but they are really big! More coffee for me too. I'm going to put hot chocolate mix in mine. Maybe some whipped cream on top!

it's really pretty old and beat up. 1920s, quartersawn oak veneer. has a big glop of hardened black goop on the top- i think it's resin glue.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cool on the desk. I got my father's old wood desk out of th pharmacy when we sold. It's like a large teacher style desk. I had it refinished, drawers aligned, etc. I love it.

Also got an old cedar chest that went through a flood, had been painted black, my dog had chewed the trim on, etc. Had it stripped and refinished. Grew up with that thing and never knew it had inlaid wood design on it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. I feel are bushy tailed since I went to bed early and got a lot of sleep.

Now if I could just find my soda mug... May have to run to Walmart in a minute.

Take care Skek.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joyner

Josephus wrote:it's really pretty old and beat up. 1920s, quartersawn oak veneer. has a big glop of hardened black goop on the top- i think it's resin glue.

You gonna refinish it?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all. anybody used to the new woot yet?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:morning all. anybody used to the new woot yet?

It's settling in. Just wish they'd add the last post icon back. That really blows.

FORUM MODERATOR

kenney9226

DA59 wrote:It's settling in. Just wish they'd add the last post icon back. That really blows.

I agree. That's practically the thing I click on the most!

joyner

DA59 wrote:It's settling in. Just wish they'd add the last post icon back. That really blows.

Yes please! I miss that one!

SnifferSir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnifferSir

Holy carpola !!! What a new look . . . Jury's still out for me on whether it's a good change or not. Not sure I like the green, though.

Good morning everyone !!

Call me masochistic... But I wish 'STUPID' was painful !!

Josephus

joyner wrote:You gonna refinish it?

eventually. It's too cold now. I bought the desk about 15 yrs ago from an antique dealer who would "repair" old stuff and sell it. kind of a shady guy who was a friend of my brother. it was really cheap. I bought my dining room table from him for about $15.00, and completely repaired it, so now it is great (it was completely in pieces, including the slides). The desk sat in my dad's shop for all this time, and he used it for a work bench, kind of, but he's now redesigned the shop and wants that space.

SkekTek

SnifferSir wrote:Holy carpola !!! What a new look . . . Jury's still out for me on whether it's a good change or not. Not sure I like the green, though.

Good morning everyone !!

Hi Sniffer! Yeah, I'm not sure I like it either, but both my wife and I can see it without the horizontal scroll bar that a lot of people hate. I wish they'd switch the favicon.ico on the main woot page from the yellow to the green since it's a constant reminder of how much I liked the old color scheme. If it also went green, I'd forget how good we had it back then faster. Of course, now I got it set to shirt.woot, so maybe I just won't go back. Wait... that's where Dodgeball is. Nevermind.

At work now. Wife is up and dealing with the projectile-sick child. Methinks I better come home with flowers and a movie...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Hi Sniffer! Yeah, I'm not sure I like it either, but both my wife and I can see it without the horizontal scroll bar that a lot of people hate. I wish they'd switch the favicon.ico on the main woot page from the yellow to the green since it's a constant reminder of how much I liked the old color scheme. If it also went green, I'd forget how good we had it back then faster. Of course, now I got it set to shirt.woot, so maybe I just won't go back. Wait... that's where Dodgeball is. Nevermind.

At work now. Wife is up and dealing with the projectile-sick child. Methinks I better come home with flowers and a movie...

Hitting "Ctrl -" (the control key and then the minus key) will shrink the text and make it fit, but there might be artifacts from the resizing. Ctrl + makes it bigger.

And can't we fix screen resolutions to make it look different as well? Certainly it can be argued that woot is the website by which all other websites are measured, and your monitor should make your woot experience as nice as possible.

WHere's Doc Brown when you need him?. I'd flux capacitate myself to last year and really enjoy all my posts and woots and be better prepared for this carpet-from-under-my-feet feeling I have right now.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Still no likey.

Less sick today. I think I finally shook my fever. Clammy, though. Wish I could just be at home.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SnifferSir

SkekTek wrote:Hi Sniffer! Yeah, I'm not sure I like it either, but both my wife and I can see it without the horizontal scroll bar that a lot of people hate. I wish they'd switch the favicon.ico on the main woot page from the yellow to the green since it's a constant reminder of how much I liked the old color scheme. If it also went green, I'd forget how good we had it back then faster. Of course, now I got it set to shirt.woot, so maybe I just won't go back. Wait... that's where Dodgeball is. Nevermind.

-----

Sorry to hear 'bout the sickness... Been the same here too. First my wife had it - then one of our daughters - now me thinks our son may be getting it. Just the flu, but I guess they like sharing. Safer for me to stay at work. . .

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning, greenies!
5 degrees here, feels like -3.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SnifferSir

pooflady wrote:Morning, greenies!
5 degrees here, feels like -3.

Mornin' Poof. . . We had the actual -3 this morning, but I think we've achieved 1 whole degree now. Woohoo !! Heat-wave !

ThunderThighs

Staff

SnifferSir wrote:Mornin' Poof. . . We had the actual -3 this morning, but I think we've achieved 1 whole degree now. Woohoo !! Heat-wave !

Guess I should be feeling like a tropical heatwave here at 30 (21 w/c) but I've got my sweater on, door closed, and space heater going.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

What do you think Fen was smoking last night?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:What do you think Fen was smoking last night?

The loneliness of a dead woot.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:What do you think Fen was smoking last night?

Georgia?

KtCallista

Sorry to hear about all the sickly kids, spouses, and wooters. I hope you all get a good dose of rest and healing!

Sleep is beginning to feel like a lost quest. Baby woke up several times, but Orc handled it. It's Orc that's keeping me up! He thinks he's not tired, stays up to do stuff and then falls asleep and wakes everyone in the house up. //sigh

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Sorry to hear about all the sickly kids, spouses, and wooters. I hope you all get a good dose of rest and healing!

Sleep is beginning to feel like a lost quest. Baby woke up several times, but Orc handled it. It's Orc that's keeping me up! He thinks he's not tired, stays up to do stuff and then falls asleep and wakes everyone in the house up. //sigh

next time he falls asleep like that you should draw on his face, take pics and post them here.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:it's really pretty old and beat up. 1920s, quartersawn oak veneer. has a big glop of hardened black goop on the top- i think it's resin glue.

We had one of them. Dad got it at a second hand store.
He used it for his ham radio.
We left it in the basement when mom and stepdad sold the house .

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:next time he falls asleep like that you should draw on his face, take pics and post them here.

That'd require finding sharpies while I've got two screaming kids. Maybe if I wake up first I'll do that for you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Cool on the desk. I got my father's old wood desk out of th pharmacy when we sold. It's like a large teacher style desk. I had it refinished, drawers aligned, etc. I love it.

Also got an old cedar chest that went through a flood, had been painted black, my dog had chewed the trim on, etc. Had it stripped and refinished. Grew up with that thing and never knew it had inlaid wood design on it.

It is amazing what people painted over.
I have a rocking chair from the greatgrandparents and it was spray painted white with gold speckles by my mom.
I stripped the paint off when I was a kid, but it never got refinished.
I need to bring it to a pro some day.
It have only been 40+ years since I started the job!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

At least!

the weather man said the snow stopped. So what are those white things falling from the sky?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:At least!

the weather man said the snow stopped. So what are those white things falling from the sky?

A figment of your imagination.

Skek - might want to stop by a meal in minutes place and bring home dinner.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:At least!

shattered dreams and aspirations.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:It is amazing what people painted over.
I have a rocking chair from the greatgrandparents and it was spray painted white with gold speckles by my mom.
I stripped the paint off when I was a kid, but it never got refinished.
I need to bring it to a pro some day.
It have only been 40+ years since I started the job!

sadly, sometimes when you strip something you ruin its value. I have a door with a faux painted wood grain design on it that was painted over. I've picked about 1/4 of the overlaying paint off, little tiny piece by little tiny piece. The door will be awesome if I ever get it done. annoyingly, this is the only way to do it without ruining the design on the original surface. takes forever.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:shattered dreams and aspirations.

they taste like rainbows with powdered sugar!

KtCallista

no1 wrote:they taste like rainbows with powdered sugar!

really? I thought they were more bitter than that.