dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh nooooo! The president elect's wife is wearing woot green!
How did woot know?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Someone stole my newspaper this morning.


At least the sun is out in washington.



Sorry, I'd send you mine, but it probably won't be very interesting to you.

My friend gives me her left over papers.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sorry, I'd send you mine, but it probably won't be very interesting to you.

My friend gives me her left over papers.




I'll go buy one when I get my coffee.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I'll go buy one when I get my coffee.



Good luck with that.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Good luck with that.


That is why it was stolen.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Oh nooooo! The president elect's wife is wearing woot green!
How did woot know?????



Does that mean we are going to be seeing a lot more of this "lovely" shade?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Orc just told me he can read the lips of some of the people on the fox via hulu broadcast (he's at work). So word to ya all, if your chatting near cameras (even if away from the mics) your conversation may not be private to those watching with hearing impairments.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I still wonder how Michelle had woot green accessories

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I still wonder how Michelle had woot green accessories



I knew I recognized that color!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I still wonder how Michelle had woot green accessories



Who knows, but so far everything she wears has become a must have, so I doubt this will be any different.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
KtCallista wrote:Orc just told me he can read the lips of some of the people on the fox via hulu broadcast (he's at work). So word to ya all, if your chatting near cameras (even if away from the mics) your conversation may not be private to those watching with hearing impairments.



Oh, do tell-- what is he seeing?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:Oh, do tell-- what is he seeing?



"yeah, bush said hi, it good to see you
and clinton said something about great momment"

That's all he's really shared, but yeah. He said hulu is really jumpy and he is on the University connection so that means there is a lot of usage today.


___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I wonder what that dress is lined with? It is easier with the suits to hide the thermal underwear

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder what that dress is lined with? It is easier with the suits to hide the thermal underwear



That cold today?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Re: number of spaces after a period.

after reading a few google links, i get the impression that using two spaces after a period was taught in the age of typewriters. the extra space after a period can help the reader identify sentence breaks in monospaced fonts. in the computer age, with most people using proportional fonts, the spacing between words varies, so the extra space is not so visually striking and thus not so useful.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Re: number of spaces after a period.

after reading a few google links, i get the impression that using two spaces after a period was taught in the age of typewriters. the extra space after a period can help the reader identify sentence breaks in monospaced fonts. in the computer age, with most people using proportional fonts, the spacing between words varies, so the extra space is not so visually striking and thus not so useful.



The nuns said two spaces. Do you want to go tell Sister Thomas Francis that she was wrong???????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:Re: number of spaces after a period.

after reading a few google links, i get the impression that using two spaces after a period was taught in the age of typewriters. the extra space after a period can help the reader identify sentence breaks in monospaced fonts. in the computer age, with most people using proportional fonts, the spacing between words varies, so the extra space is not so visually striking and thus not so useful.



I suppose, but it still looks wrong in some fonts when people only use one space.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:That cold today?



I don't know what it is in Washington. I think it is 30 something here. If you are staying outside for a long time, it gets cold.
I t only seems warm after a cold snap, which we had last week.

Yo Yo Ma is a cool guy. He sometimes works with the kids here.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:The nuns said two spaces. Do you want to go tell Sister Thomas Francis that she was wrong???????



do nuns typically have men's names?

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Marry me, Yo-Yo Ma!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I suppose, but it still looks wrong in some fonts when people only use one space.



"some fonts"... monospaced?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I don't know what it is in Washington. I think it is 30 something here. If you are staying outside for a long time, it gets cold.
I t only seems warm after a cold snap, which we had last week.

Yo Yo Ma is a cool guy. He sometimes works with the kids here.



That's cold enough for thermals, especially if you are going to be standing for a while.

That's always good. We have a Jazz festival about a month from now, and all the musicians do free clinics most of them are really great. I used to volunteer, I was a driver one year and then volunteered for one of the clinics another.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

A new day has begun!!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:"some fonts"... monospaced?



Just more common fonts, I guess my high school teachers and working for the government helped me be very aware of whether there were two spaces or one.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:Marry me, Yo-Yo Ma!



isn't cello boy married already? you too, violin girl.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is nice to be excited about the country again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:A new day has begun!!



So it has!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:It is nice to be excited about the country again.



YES! Even though Obama is not very popular outside of the town I live in.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:It is nice to be excited about the country again.



excited about the recession?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:excited about the recession?



Recession is just a way of life when your town never recovered from the 2001 crash.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:isn't cello boy married already? you too, violin girl.



Ducky plays violin? She was a journalism major?
Hummm, Daughter would either really like her, or hate her!
Too many things the same.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:isn't cello boy married already? you too, violin girl.



We could make beautiful music together.
I hope he knows 'Three Blind Mice.'


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:excited about the recession?



No. I'll have kids living here forever because of that.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:The nuns said two spaces. Do you want to go tell Sister Thomas Francis that she was wrong???????



She was right, then. Now, she's wrong. We're supposed to be adaptable. The modern, kerned fonts don't need two spaces after a period. They did back then. I guess.

Off to Cici's for lunch.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:No. I'll have kids living here forever because of that.



Some don't leave home regardless.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:No. I'll have kids living here forever because of that.


ms. name,
with all due respect, i think you would have kids living there forever regardless of whether there was a recession.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Ducky plays violin? She was a journalism major?
Hummm, Daughter would either really like her, or hate her!
Too many things the same.



I think the word "play" is generous. I know how to move the bow over the strings in a way that sometimes makes pleasant noises. Other times...it does not make such nice sounds.

I was much better at bassoon. It was less complicated.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:She was right, then. Now, she's wrong. We're supposed to be adaptable. The modern, kerned fonts don't need two spaces after a period. They did back then. I guess.

Off to Cici's for lunch.



Well I suppose if I start focusing on it I can change. However, it is so ingrained now that I think it would take some very conscious effort and the result would most likely be an inconsistent document. And as of this point the state documents are still required to have two spaces and be in Arial font. Not that i work for the state any longer.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:ms. name,
with all due respect, i think you would have kids living there forever regardless of whether there was a recession.



'cause they're trapped in the basement!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:I think the word "play" is generous. I know how to move the bow over the strings in a way that sometimes makes pleasant noises. Other times...it does not make such nice sounds.

I was much better at bassoon. It was less complicated.



ladies and gentlemen, your next... bassoon idol!