Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

guten morgan, alles.

I'm finding it a bit annoying to be friends with my daughter on Facebook.
she has a whole bunch of friends, and they are all in middle school.

today, she's going to a birthday party at Lake Anna in VA, and sleeping over.

One of her friends posted that she was going, and immediately another posted that she hates the girl who is having the party "I hаte her, she lied 2 me :[
family only my but."

sigh.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Josephus wrote:guten morgan, alles.

One of her friends posted that she was going, and immediately another posted that she hates the girl who is having the party "I hаte her, she lied 2 me :[
family only my but."

sigh.

I should have stuck to Woot people on Facebook and stayed away from family. There's a niece that says she's engaged. No one else seems to know anything about this. Of course, she also has 976 "friends."

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

good morning all

pooflady

cruzer wrote:good morning all

You can tell it's the weekend. Granddaughter (different one) and I just got dinner in the oven. Now we're going to make cupcakes!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I should have stuck to Woot people on Facebook and stayed away from family. There's a niece that says she's engaged. No one else seems to know anything about this. Of course, she also has 976 "friends."

I'm having similar complications. I have various groups in my life that until facebook had no interaction with each other. I often post more personal stuff here, because I feel my hands are tied there based on who might be reading and not know "that thing" about me. I still debate making a second page (as was recommended on a site I read) using my online name, and moving most of my stuff over to that. We'll see, one facebook page is a lot of work as it is.

On the upside the highschool friends who I haven't talked to in over a decade, I'm learning lots about how they've changed. It's remarkable how many of them that were in the anti-LDS coalition in high school are now LDS. (My high school was 95% LDS)

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'm having similar complications. I have various groups in my life that until facebook had no interaction with each other. I often post more personal stuff here, because I feel my hands are tied there based on who might be reading and not know "that thing" about me. I still debate making a second page (as was recommended on a site I read) using my online name, and moving most of my stuff over to that. We'll see, one facebook page is a lot of work as it is.

On the upside the highschool friends who I haven't talked to in over a decade, I'm learning lots about how they've changed. It's remarkable how many of them that were in the anti-LDS coalition in high school are now LDS. (My high school was 95% LDS)

Yeah, I'm avoiding all mention of Woot on FB.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I'm avoiding all mention of Woot on FB.

I'm not, but I figure most people just shrug that stuff off.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:guten morgan, alles.

family only my but."

sigh.

The older kids are just totally annoyed that the parents are on facebook.
It started as only Ivy League kids. Then they let in schools like Ithaca (most likely because it is in the same town as Cornell and the kids know each other)
Then all colleges.

Then the trouble started...they opened it to High school kids and now everyone.

Someone will have to start a new site

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:The older kids are just totally annoyed that the parents are on facebook.
It started as only Ivy League kids. Then they let in schools like Ithaca (most likely because it is in the same town as Cornell and the kids know each other)
Then all colleges.

Then the trouble started...they opened it to High school kids and now everyone.

Someone will have to start a new site

or maybe kids will learn to watch what they post. It may not be an entirely bad thing.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I'm having similar complications. I have various groups in my life that until facebook had no interaction with each other. I often post more personal stuff here, because I feel my hands are tied there based on who might be reading and not know "that thing" about me. I still debate making a second page (as was recommended on a site I read) using my online name, and moving most of my stuff over to that. We'll see, one facebook page is a lot of work as it is.

Mormon?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Mormon?

yes, although the preferred title is Latter Day Saints, most people just call them Mormon.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like I'm getting the last 2 of 5 sections of fence replaced just in time. Called neighbor 1 to say it was scheduled for Wednesday. Called neighbor 2 on the opposite side and she asked if I noticed the big hole in the fence.
No, I didn't.
Did you get a big dog? There was a big dog coming through into our yard.
No, but I walk in the backyard while I'm talking to her and here come Jake & Boomer, the big idiot dogs from next door through hole in THAT fence.
Explained who the dogs were to neighbor 2.
Called back neighbor 1 to tell him if his dogs were missing, they were touring backyards.
Last I heard was "JAKE!" "BOOMER!" GET OVER HERE!!!!!
Guess that wind storm was pretty strong last night.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:Looks like I'm getting the last 2 of 5 sections of fence replaced just in time. Called neighbor 1 to say it was scheduled for Wednesday. Called neighbor 2 on the opposite side and she asked if I noticed the big hole in the fence.
No, I didn't.
Did you get a big dog? There was a big dog coming through into our yard.
No, I didn't but I walk in the backyard while I'm talking to here and here come Jake & Boomer, the big genius dogs from next door through hole in THAT fence.
Explained who the dogs were to neighbor 2.
Called back neighbor 1 to tell him if his dogs were missing, they were touring backyards.
Last I heard was "JAKE!" "BOOMER!" GET OVER HERE!!!!!
Guess that wind storm was pretty strong last night.

Wow, we had a bad fence section at a house we lived at and it NEVER got fixed (I know it's still a bad section because my friend owns that house now). We ended up putting a chain link fence about an inch from the failing wooden one probably 15 years ago now, and that is still the only thing keeping that neighbors dog in their yard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wow, we had a bad fence section at a house we lived at and it NEVER got fixed (I know it's still a bad section because my friend owns that house now). We ended up putting a chain link fence about an inch from the failing wooden one probably 15 years ago now, and that is still the only thing keeping that neighbors dog in their yard.

At a previous house, we had chain link and at some point (before we moved in), the neighbor put in a wood fence on his side. I hated that gap because it was always full of high grass and weeds. You couldn't get to it with anything other that Round-up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:At a previous house, we had chain link and at some point (before we moved in), the neighbor put in a wood fence on his side. I hated that gap because it was always full of high grass and weeds. You couldn't get to it with anything other that Round-up.

The neighbor on one side put up two fences. One was put up be the previous owner. The new guy decided to replace it, but didn't take the old fence down.

Usually the gap is because people want the fence completely on their property, so it is a few inches in. If you do the same thing you get 6 inches to a foot between fences.

This is the same neighbor who didn't take down the fence on my side, he just took out part of the wood and replaced it with vinel. So in my yard the fence just changes in the middle of the yard.

//sigh

I sure hope Rusty doesn't realize he can jump the chain link fence.
I've seen him try to get over the 6 foot wood fence...maybe because he can't see through it. Who knows.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Darn those kids... playing with the telephone... and dad gets arrested.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:The neighbor on one side put up two fences. One was put up be the previous owner. The new guy decided to replace it, but didn't take the old fence down.

Usually the gap is because people want the fence completely on their property, so it is a few inches in. If you do the same thing you get 6 inches to a foot between fences.

This is the same neighbor who didn't take down the fence on my side, he just took out part of the wood and replaced it with vinel. So in my yard the fence just changes in the middle of the yard.

//sigh

I sure hope Rusty doesn't realize he can jump the chain link fence.
I've seen him try to get over the 6 foot wood fence...maybe because he can't see through it. Who knows.

I remember when I was little, my parents talking about a neighborhood dog, Finegan, who could climb chainlink fences. It sounded like he was the father of every litter in the area. This was before the days of spaying/neutering.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Wow, there's really people here. How nice.

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal

Evening all! I just got back from watching Annie Jr. put on by my kids. It was a school production that the kids have been rehearsing since the second week of school. It was really cute; especially since Daddy Warbucks was shorter than Annie....

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Wow, there's really people here. How nice.

Where? Who???

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Evening all! I just got back from watching Annie Jr. put on by my kids. It was a school production that the kids have been rehearsing since the second week of school. It was really cute; especially since Daddy Warbucks was shorter than Annie....

Heh, cute. Love kids plays. Son was Mufasa in a Lion King production in 2nd grade.

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

DA59 wrote:Heh, cute. Love kids plays. Son was Mufasa in a Lion King production in 2nd grade.

Cute!! I was a sea anemone in A House for Hermit Crab in 1st grade. We sang song from the Little Mermaid. I wore a paper bag vest with hand-painted (by me), sparkly cone shaped cups (like the ones on golf courses) glued on the vest. I was the coolest kid in the world! Or so I thought at the time...

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Cute!! I was a sea anemone in A House for Hermit Crab in 1st grade. We sang song from the Little Mermaid. I wore a paper bag vest with hand-painted (by me), sparkly cone shaped cups (like the ones on golf courses) glued on the vest. I was the coolest kid in the world! Or so I thought at the time...

What side of the vest were these cups glued?

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

DA59 wrote:What side of the vest were these cups glued?

All over both front and back.... Looking back it may have been a little Madonna boob-like, but I was six and so I didn't know any better or care...

pooflady

greeneyedgal wrote:All over both front and back.... Looking back it may have been a little Madonna boob-like, but I was six and so I didn't know any better or care...

Youngest son was in a kindergarten play. He was the toy store owner. Had no lines, but he was first on stage. Supposed to take off his coat and hang it on the coat rack. Evidently the coat rack wasn't there during rehearsal. After about the seventh jump, a teacher came out and hung up his coat.

greeneyedgal

pooflady wrote:Youngest son was in a kindergarten play. He was the toy store owner. Had no lines, but he was first on stage. Supposed to take off his coat and hang it on the coat rack. Evidently the coat rack wasn't there during rehearsal. After about the seventh jump, a teacher came out and hung up his coat.

Funny... There were a few dropped mics tonight and kids talking backstage who didn't realize they were still mic'd, but overall it was good!

So, how's everyone's weekend going?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Youngest son was in a kindergarten play. He was the toy store owner. Had no lines, but he was first on stage. Supposed to take off his coat and hang it on the coat rack. Evidently the coat rack wasn't there during rehearsal. After about the seventh jump, a teacher came out and hung up his coat.

L O L

Similar thing happened to me but it was a high school play. I was the stage manager. During one break, I had to run out and switch the backdrop to a mini stage we had near the audience. It was a canvas backdrop and I just had to throw it over the wall. After a few attempts, a dad from the audience helped me.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Funny... There were a few dropped mics tonight and kids talking backstage who didn't realize they were still mic'd, but overall it was good!

So, how's everyone's weekend going?

Not bad. Got my car heater fixed. It's been finiky. Hot when the car is in motion but cold at idle. Was waiting for pay day. They looked at it today and it seems that when they flushed my coolant a couple weeks ago, they left some air in the system. They burped my car, topped off the coolant, and all is good. No charge.

Then bought some memory to bump my laptop up to 1.5Gb.

You?

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

DA59 wrote:Not bad. Got my car heater fixed. It's been finiky. Hot when the car is in motion but cold at idle. Was waiting for pay day. They looked at it today and it seems that when they flushed my coolant a couple weeks ago, they left some air in the system. They burped my car, topped off the coolant, and all is good. No charge.

Then bought some memory to bump my laptop up to 1.5Gb.

Gotta love a free car repair! I went shopping this morning with my old roommate. Then we went to lunch and planned the bridal shower I'm planning for her. It was a fun girlie day!!

greeneyedgal

Damn... Was it something I said?

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Gotta love a free car repair! I went shopping this morning with my old roommate. Why are bras so expensive?? Then we went to lunch and planned the bridal shower I'm planning for her. It was a fun girlie day!!

Except technically this was a redo. Don't love that part of it.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Damn... Was it something I said?

Bras...

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

DA59 wrote:Bras...

Sorry

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Sorry

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

DA59 wrote:

Hate bra shopping.

greeneyedgal

pooflady wrote:Hate bra shopping.

Necessary evil

ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Necessary evil

Guess I'm not too picky. Swing through Walmart. Look for no-wire. Pick one that looks about right and take it home.

//shrug

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ugh, Rusty is farting his brains out.
We went for a walk in the freezing cold.
Over a mile.
He had his chance to poop.

Do we have to let him sleep in our bedroom tonight?

Can I put one of the charcoal filters that are suppose to go on the litter box, on his butt? Tie it onto his tail.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Ugh, Rusty is farting his brains out.
We went for a walk in the freezing cold.
Over a mile.
He had his chance to poop.

Do we have to let him sleep in our bedroom tonight?

Can I put one of the charcoal filters that are suppose to go on the litter box, on his butt? Tie it onto his tail.

He's got a rumbly in his tumbly?

Yes, he still sleeps in the bedroom. Just keep blaming the hubby.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Hate bra shopping.

I do as well, I avoid it for as long as possible!