KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:maybe you'll even get a last post or two!!

Wow, really. It's been so long since I've had one.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:shudder! daughter has given us colds. she has had chicken pox shot. She's almost 15 and I had her vaccinated before it was recommended. The health dept. nurses tried to talk me out of giving it to her.

You might ask your doctor is she needs the booster. They say the shot is only 65% effective and now recommend boosters, especially if they got it when they were small.

A teen at our church just got over the chicken pox last week. I couldn't imagine not having it until I was a teen! It was hard enough when I was 6.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

joyner wrote:shudder! daughter has given us colds. she has had chicken pox shot. She's almost 15 and I had her vaccinated before it was recommended. The health dept. nurses tried to talk me out of giving it to her.

Too lazy to Google...if a kid gets the CP vaccine, are they protected from shingles later?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
KtCallista wrote:You might ask your doctor is she needs the booster. They say the shot is only 65% effective and now recommend boosters, especially if they got it when they were small.

A teen at our church just got over the chicken pox last week. I couldn't imagine not having it until I was a teen! It was hard enough when I was 6.

ohhhh, hadn't heard that! Thanks!

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:Too lazy to Google...if a kid gets the CP vaccine, are they protected from shingles later?

Only at a similar level to someone who had Chicken Pox as a kid, so um no.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:ohhhh, hadn't heard that! Thanks!

That's what the nurse told me on Tuesday. Not sure about the older vaccine, and there may be some difference based on age. If Ver1 doesn't get Chicken Pox she has to go back in 3 months and get the booster. In littler kids they recommend a few years before the booster shot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:You might ask your doctor is she needs the booster. They say the shot is only 65% effective and now recommend boosters, especially if they got it when they were small.

I asked son's doc about that a few months ago and he said no booster recommendation at this time. Son got it when he was about 6.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

DA59 wrote:I asked son's doc about that a few months ago and he said no booster recommendation at this time. Son got it when he was about 6.

Yeah, different ages, different vaccines, different info!

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, different ages, different vaccines, different info!

I may still have him get a booster when he goes off to college though. If he goes local for the first year, I can postpone that decision for a year.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
DA59 wrote:I may still have him get a booster when he goes off to college though. If he goes local for the first year, I can postpone that decision for a year.

I had no idea he was so tiny! I bet he's going to be uncomfortable around the bigger students, especially if he needs a booster seat in each class.

Oh, man, they'll kick his ass when he starts going to bars.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I had no idea he was so tiny!

that's what she said.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
no1 wrote:that's what she said.

she's not with him any more...

PemberDucky

Staff

Josephus wrote:I had no idea he was so tiny! I bet he's going to be uncomfortable around the bigger students, especially if he needs a booster seat in each class.

Oh, man, they'll kick his ass when he starts going to bars.

You never know. Tom Cruise turned out okay.

Josephus

PemberDucky wrote:You never know. Tom Cruise turned out okay.

loony as hell, but otherwise OK.

no1

debatable.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:debatable.

agreed!

no1

in addition to the "back to top" button, i wouldn't mind another list of links to forums at the bottom. you know, links to "woots," "world of woot," "contests," "side deals", "ebw."

KtCallista

no1 wrote:in addition to the "back to top" button, i wouldn't mind another list of links to forums at the bottom. you know, links to "woots," "world of woot," "contests," "side deals", "ebw."

You aren't the only one that misses that. I don't mind going back to the top to click EBW on the mac (it's easier), but on the PC, PITA.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Tom Mapother has just one tooth in the middle of his smile, not the matched pair like everybody else. It's like a third tooth came on in to fill a huge gap in between the two teeth that normally fit in there. That does not appear to be "turned out okay" in my book...

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:in addition to the "back to top" button, i wouldn't mind another list of links to forums at the bottom. you know, links to "woots," "world of woot," "contests," "side deals", "ebw."

Go suggest it.

FORUM MODERATOR

PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:Tom Mapother has just one tooth in the middle of his smile, not the matched pair like everybody else. It's like a third tooth came on in to fill a huge gap in between the two teeth that normally fit in there. That does not appear to be "turned out okay" in my book...

Nonsense! He's a perfectly sensible and well-adjusted human being and I think you are all just jellis.

As for the tooth thing...well...maybe he's half-shark. Tom ManShark.

no1

DA59 wrote:Go suggest it.

i thought some1 already did, somewhere. there's only about a thousand different places where people are complaining about woot 3.0, i suppose i could just look.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:i thought some1 already did, somewhere. there's only about a thousand different places where people are complaining about woot 3.0, i suppose i could just look.

It's worth suggesting again. Give them an example even. I agree with you... as scary as that is.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

as long as i'm on my soapbox, how about posting woot contest results, say, within 48 hours of the end of the contest?

cruzer

KtCallista wrote:You aren't the only one that misses that. I don't mind going back to the top to click EBW on the mac (it's easier), but on the PC, PITA.

can't just press the "Home" key then click where you want to go?

Josephus

no1 wrote:as long as i'm on my soapbox, how about posting woot contest results, say, within 48 hours of the end of the contest?

we do the best we can. for free. technically, it costs us, I guess, since we no longer have any opportunity to win or get HMs.

Josephus

mostly, people complain that we aren't fast enough with the results.

kenney9226

PemberDucky wrote:Nonsense! He's a perfectly sensible and well-adjusted human being and I think you are all just jellis.

As for the tooth thing...well...maybe he's half-shark. Tom ManShark.

I'm just saying that one tooth in the middle of the smile is not quite right. It's like all his teeth got twisted off to the side or something!

no1

Josephus wrote:we do the best we can. for free. technically, it costs us, I guess, since we no longer have any opportunity to win or get HMs.

i thought somewhere out there someone said you had results done up through 205 or so. i only see results for 203. i thought the holdup was on the paid staff's end.

cruzer

Josephus wrote:mostly, people complain that we aren't fast enough with the results.

work harder! work faster!

go! go! go!

what are you waiting for???

no1

cruzer wrote:can't just press the "Home" key then click where you want to go?

if you're mousing with one hand and tickling a toddler (or, if you prefer, quaffing a beer) with the other, that doesn't leave any hands for the keyboard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:can't just press the "Home" key then click where you want to go?

Yes, but it's more efficient if you can just keep your hand on the mouse.

FORUM MODERATOR

PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:

I'm just saying that one tooth in the middle of the smile is not quite right. It's like all his teeth got twisted off to the side or something!

That is peculiar. I never noticed that!
That extra tooth probably controls his thoughts or something.

Josephus

no1 wrote:i thought somewhere out there someone said you had results done up through 205 or so. i only see results for 203. i thought the holdup was on the paid staff's end.

shh!

I'll send you a message in a bit.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:shh!

You'll just have to share that information with everyone now, young man!

FORUM MODERATOR

kenney9226

PemberDucky wrote:That is peculiar. I never noticed that!
That extra tooth probably controls his thoughts or something.

Yeah, after I noticed it, that's all I see now. It's like "Look! It's a giant centered tooth jumping on Oprah Winfrey's couch! I sort of hope the tooth breaks that couch!" and "Look! Katie Holmes is walking down the street with a giant centered tooth!" and "Look! That giant centered tooth had her at 'hello'!!"

no1

Josephus wrote:shh!

r u sending it through my center eyetooth?

no1

ms. da, are you aware you replied to a 3+ yo post in the credit card thread?

ThunderThighs

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:Yeah, after I noticed it, that's all I see now. It's like "Look! It's a giant centered tooth jumping on Oprah Winfrey's couch! I sort of hope the tooth breaks that couch!" and "Look! Katie Holmes is walking down the street with a giant centered tooth!" and "Look! That giant centered tooth had her at 'hello'!!"

I have a backwards tooth (bicuspid). It was sideways when I got braces. It was a shorter distance to turn it backwards than it was to turn it the right way. New dentists always call it out to me. Yeah, I know.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:ms. da, are you aware you replied to a 3+ yo post in the credit card thread?

Oh, no. Someone resurrecting old threads again? Sigh. You bored people.

FORUM MODERATOR