kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
DA59 wrote:I have a backwards tooth (bicuspid). It was sideways when I got braces. It was a shorter distance to turn it backwards than it was to turn it the right way. New dentists always call it out to me. Yeah, I know.



Whoa! That's pretty neat! I'm gonna study my bicuspids when I get home tonight and see if the backside is as pretty as the front side.

I had one of my premolars taken out on one side when I got the braces. WHen I am at a new dentist, I can tell if he (or she) is any good if he (or she) notices that I have an odd number of upper teeth.

edit: top post picture of the second tooth:

and also this funny dog with dentures:

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:can't just press the "Home" key then click where you want to go?



Not on my work laptop, and other small sized keyboards. . . .

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:Not on my work laptop, and other small sized keyboards. . . .



I promise you have a home key on those keyboards as well.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kenney9226 wrote:Whoa! That's pretty neat! I'm gonna study my bicuspids when I get home tonight and see if the backside is as pretty as the front side.

I had one of my premolars taken out on one side when I got the braces. WHen I am at a new dentist, I can tell if he (or she) is any good if he (or she) notices that I have an odd number of upper teeth.



Orc had several teeth removed when he was younger thanks to crowding issues. The dentist says we will have the "how many teeth do we need to pull and braces" chat when Ver1 is six.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:Orc had several teeth removed when he was younger thanks to crowding issues. The dentist says we will have the "how many teeth do we need to pull and braces" chat when Ver1 is six.



I had three teeth pulled without any drugs at all when I was young.

I got the gas the second time around...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
DA59 wrote:You'll just have to share that information with everyone now, young man!



it's not like I'll actually send him a message, Da.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:I had three teeth pulled without any drugs at all when I was young.

I got the gas the second time around...



I can't do the gas, the rubber hose makes me nauseous. My sister was a gas junkie for a while, she couldn't do other pain killers for a long time.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:I can't do the gas, the rubber hose makes me nauseous. My sister was a gas junkie for a while, she couldn't do other pain killers for a long time.



the gas is a whole lot better than the large needles.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:the gas is a whole lot better than the large needles.



Not for my dentist, plus the gas is dangerous enough that some of the dentists in town don't use it for the sake of their female dental hygienists.

Most dentists don't want you to be nauseous during complex procedures.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:Not for my dentist, plus the gas is dangerous enough that some of the dentists in town don't use it for the sake of their female dental hygienists.





KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:



laughing gas has shown to be hazardous for reproduction in females.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I had three teeth pulled without any drugs at all when I was young.

I got the gas the second time around...

I was lucky enough to have space and not need any teeth pulled when I got braces (at 18 yrs old).

I do gas also but my mom was a dentists nightmare on gas. She's imagine things. The dentist's assistant had on a lot of eye makeup. Mom thought it was a cat in her face so she hauled off and smacked her. Hit the dentist's arm as he was giving her the shot of novacaine. The needle went up into her cheeck, stoping short of her eye.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
DA59 wrote:I was lucky enough to have space and not need any teeth pulled when I got braces (at 18 yrs old).

I do gas also but my mom was a dentists nightmare on gas. She's imagine things. The dentist's assistant had on a lot of eye makeup. Mom thought it was a cat in her face so she hauled off and smacked her. Hit the dentist's arm as he was giving her the shot of novacaine. The needle went up into her cheeck, stoping short of her eye.



That doesn't sound pretty at all! Good thing they missed the eye!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:laughing gas has shown to be hazardous for reproduction in females.



ah...well...that makes sense. Our neighbor in colorado is a hygienist. They have had to use "aids" to help them get prego.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:so she hauled off and smacked her.



so now we know where she gets it...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:so now we know where she gets it...





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:



ha!

//smack

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Okay Ver1 is napping, now what do I do about Ver2, she is the most awake and alert she has been all day. . . maybe the tylenol is finally helping her. Still it's 2 and she needs to be napping.

edit: although, I do work tonight and she will be Orc's problem then. . . . . . . . .

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

wwwhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!


Daj is a vol mod?

They really will let anyone do that these days.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What was that? a 4 hour walk? Damn dog better leave me alone for days now!
Park up the block in under water. Ground frozen and snow trying to melt.
So, off the the park behind the supermarket, which has a fence and NO no dogs sign. Only park around that doesn't say no dogs.
OK, but wet too and no dogs to play with.
So it has been days, maybe a week since we found a dog to play with, so off to the dog park. Sometimes there are nasty dogs there and Rusty isn't thrilled by it, but I was desperate.
3 dogs there to play with. No real nasty ones!
But muddy, the dogs were filthy.
We left after 45 minutes and I walked him in the park. (not allowed, but noone was in the entire park)
As we passed the dog run, there were new dogs, so back in we go for another 30 minutes or so.
Finally they all got bored. By then they were filthy. I cleaned him off as well as I could before he went back into the car.
Took him directly to the bathtub when we got home!
Mud ran off him. I had to use soap.
I figure he had 1/2 a bath. No real scrubbing. Hope it didn't dry out his skin too much.
Not as good smelling as if I really bathed him, but at least no mud!

Then I took a bath!
Now I have about three loads of laundry. Dog towels...my pants...
Spring is going to be bad!
MUD!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:wwwhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!


Daj is a vol mod?

They really will let anyone do that these days.



Hey when did that happen??????? I missed it too!

Congrats DA!!!!!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:



Woo Hoo!
Welcome!
I was wondering what was going on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:What was that? a 4 hour walk? Damn dog better leave me alone for days now!
Park up the block in under water. Ground frozen and snow trying to melt.
So, off the the park behind the supermarket, which has a fence and NO no dogs sign. Only park around that doesn't say no dogs.
OK, but wet too and no dogs to play with.
So it has been days, maybe a week since we found a dog to play with, so off to the dog park. Sometimes there are nasty dogs there and Rusty isn't thrilled by it, but I was desperate.
3 dogs there to play with. No real nasty ones!
But muddy, the dogs were filthy.
We left after 45 minutes and I walked him in the park. (not allowed, but noone was in the entire park)
As we passed the dog run, there were new dogs, so back in we go for another 30 minutes or so.
Finally they all got bored. By then they were filthy. I cleaned him off as well as I could before he went back into the car.
Took him directly to the bathtub when we got home!
Mud ran off him. I had to use soap.
I figure he had 1/2 a bath. No real scrubbing. Hope it didn't dry out his skin too much.
Not as good smelling as if I really bathed him, but at least no mud!

Then I took a bath!
Now I have about three loads of laundry. Dog towels...my pants...
Spring is going to be bad!
MUD!



don't forget the cleaning of your bathtub after the mud! I think I'm understanding why the dogs moved outside after I was born.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Woo Hoo!
Welcome!
I was wondering what was going on.



Does this mean that for the next woot-off there really will be absolutely nobody to talk to in here?????

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:wwwhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!


Daj is a vol mod?

They really will let anyone do that these days.




KtCallista wrote:Hey when did that happen??????? I missed it too!

Congrats DA!!!!!!!!!!

Just now.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
KtCallista wrote:Does this mean that for the next woot-off there really will be absolutely nobody to talk to in here?????



poof?

heading home!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:Just now.



I have a very very very bad feeling about this...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:don't forget the cleaning of your bathtub after the mud! I think I'm understanding why the dogs moved outside after I was born.

I like my doggies in with me where they can be spoiled and hugged and so on.

Good news Dname is that in the spring/summer, you can just hose him off outside before you bring him in.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I have a very very very bad feeling about this...


//resists evil laugh




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cruzer wrote:poof?

heading home!



poof and I tend to sit here and stare at each other after a few posts, but yeah. . . I guess we'll have to develop our conversations a bit.

Have a safe drive.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
DA59 wrote:I like my doggies in with me where they can be spoiled and hugged and so on.

Good news Dname is that in the spring/summer, you can just hose him off outside before you bring him in.



I always wanted to let them in too, but they were good sized dogs and our house did get rather small at times. (not physically so much - we lived in the same house for 17 years, but there were times when there was not room for a dog or two, indoors)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

hmm with dname and DA both as mods, that opens up a lot of room for me to get Last Post.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Does this mean that for the next woot-off there really will be absolutely nobody to talk to in here?????



Oh, yeah, forgot about that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Oh, yeah, forgot about that.



Well it has been much quieter since you became a mod. . . and without DA. . . .

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:hmm with dname and DA both as mods, that opens up a lot of room for me to get Last Post.



No, Poof and Gman gave the mod hell about trying to give someone last post.
I cover the screen and go back to the first post to lock the thread.

There is no rule. If she want to see if she can give it to someone, there is only Poof to try to stop her!



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Well it has been much quieter since you became a mod. . . and without DA. . . .

I disagree. I think it's been much quieter since she got a dog.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Well it has been much quieter since you became a mod. . . and without DA. . . .


There are people all day on the product threads in a woot off.
You can read that stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:I disagree. I think it's been much quieter since she got a dog.



Well, he is screwing up my sleep. I can't last as long at night anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Was woot gone for a few minutes????
Da(j), did you break woot already?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:

I'm just saying that one tooth in the middle of the smile is not quite right. It's like all his teeth got twisted off to the side or something!



My teeth are like that. I had one pulled as a kid and years and years later all the teeth shifted and one of the big teeth is now in the middle

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.