rocky2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocky2007
salesaholic wrote:A new item appears at 12 midnight Central time each night.

thanks..does the Baggy of Camomile also happen every night or is only because it was christmas day?

jibal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jibal
tomonline976 wrote:if you are one of the many without "special utilities" to purchase the items, you really dont have a shot at getting a Bag of Cows

No matter how many people say that, it remains false.

chrispix

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrispix
jibal wrote:No, you obviously don't. Computing on demand is for dealing with intermittent computationally intensive tasks; it doesn't address servers that are oversaturated with network requests.

While woot's servers choke all over the place, I can see why they don't add more - money. So lets say it took 7 minutes to sell out a Baggy of Camomile. Does it make sense to add two more servers to sell out in 3.5 minutes? Their customers might think so, but they are still selling out every Baggy of Camomile, lots of people do get server unavailable but it makes no difference as they sell out. Now if they were trying to sell out hundreds of thousands of BOCs, and their servers could not handle selling them out in 24 hrs, I could see them getting an upgrade.

jibal

rocky2007 wrote:thanks..does the Baggy of Camomile also happen every night or is only because it was christmas day?

Mu. (The correct answer to a false dichotomy.)

tierney61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tierney61
Klonk28 wrote:Here's a little known secret...if you buy some worthless stuff in a Woot-off to keep things moving, you rise in the priority list to get Booty.(OC)

I have gotten 7 since late 1995 and also bought my share of REAL doo doo.

(Case in point, the SAnyo "Claw". It scratches CDs and DVDs so they can't be read.)

So for anyone out there Bit ching about not getting B.O. Carpage, buy something during a Wootoff that's going slow.

Absolutely untrue, but do keep thinking that and buying stuff so the bacon salt, leak frogs and usb pole dancers go faster (faster selling, during woot-offs, that is. Heh.).

We appreciate that effort on your part. And surely woot does too, with your 25+ woots.

Awesome.

Screwed.

SO done w/the scaffolding that is Woot.

ElHefe2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ElHefe2000

There is no "list" as to weather you get a bag 'o carp or not. It is purely by luck/fast internet/cheater progs. It's taken me many tries and alot of patience and NO REFRESHING(it doesn't work)! Finally scored mine last night. They'll come up again be patient. Until then Merry Christmas everyone!!

PS: Don't knock the Bacon Salt, that stuff is tasty!

I woot therefore I am

A wise wooter once said, unless they're bleeding, puking or burning - no one gets attention until the 'sold out' sign!

Finally scored a bag 'o carp on 12/25/2008

jibal

chrispix wrote:While woot's servers choke all over the place, I can see why they don't add more - money. So lets say it took 7 minutes to sell out a Baggy of Camomile. Does it make sense to add two more servers to sell out in 3.5 minutes? Their customers might think so, but they are still selling out every Baggy of Camomile, lots of people do get server unavailable but it makes no difference as they sell out. Now if they were trying to sell out hundreds of thousands of BOCs, and their servers could not handle selling them out in 24 hrs, I could see them getting an upgrade.

Yes, we've been all over this. And your comment is a non sequitur; I was responding to jokerman's nonsense about computing on demand.

jibal

tierney61 wrote:Absolutely untrue

Shhhh! Don't tell them!

jibal

marklwood wrote:Bull. I have wooted 66 times for a total of 121 items. You would think I would be toward the top of the priority list. This is just on Woot.com. Not to mention all the other items on the sister sites.

Apparently none of those items was a sense of humor.

jibal

farley369 wrote:call me a new-b but how does woot work with different times zones.

Ok, you're a new-b ... that's the kindest thing I could call you.

jibal

rocky2007 wrote:do we have one for tonight too? when is the next one? any guesses...

No, tonight it will be something good. As for guesses, I've got plenty: I guess the next one is tomorrow. I guess the next one is two days from now. I guess the next one is three days from now.... Get the hang of it? You should now be able to make equally informed guesses of your own.

jibal

314edpiper wrote:happy holiday's

Happy holiday's what?

iBito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iBito
jibal wrote:Happy holiday's what?

Well, apparently the holiday owns something.

16 woots and proudly counting.

brybot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brybot

hmmm i figured there might have been random koi today. do people really sometimes get TV's and expensive items? maybe ill have to try harder for koi

jesse022190

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesse022190

darn bandwidth was koi this morning but maybe they will have it again soon!!! ;-)

cmdrfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmdrfox

This is my first time ever being able to buy some random koi. I finally managed to get some. I hope it ends up being good.

TaeBoX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TaeBoX
jibal wrote:Mu. (The correct answer to a false dichotomy.)

Good stuff.

tierney61

brybot wrote:hmmm i figured there might have been random koi today. do people really sometimes get TV's and expensive items? maybe ill have to try harder for koi

Yes, they do. Hunt back through the community pages to previous random craap threads - people post about what they receive (including pics).

A word of advice - go for the craap because it's fun to try. If you do it with the aim of getting something nifty and expensive - you'll be disappointed.

Screwed.

aamcaleer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aamcaleer

Anyone who can get a woot at this speed..

First F5 to refresh, click buy, enter CC security digits, then press BUY again like this guy below in 0.860s suggests there is more to a Brick of Carbon than Woot actually lets on.

Either way it takes at least 1 second to read what the item is after refreshing.

First sucker: Jfreak623
Speed to first woot: 0m 0.860s

I have tried with cable at 25mbps download speed for 1.5 years and never got one.

Thanks for nothing woot.

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
aamcaleer wrote:Anyone who can get a woot at this speed..

First F5 to refresh, click buy, enter CC security digits, then press BUY again like this guy below in 0.860s suggests there is more to a Brick of Carbon than Woot actually lets on.

Either way it takes at least 1 second to read what the item is after refreshing.

First sucker: Jfreak623
Speed to first woot: 0m 0.860s

I have tried with cable at 25mbps download speed for 1.5 years and never got one.

Thanks for nothing woot.

Someone's bitter... Don't give up dude. You just have to keep trying.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I got my first Banging old cans, ever! Just so you know, I had no "special utilities."

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

aamcaleer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aamcaleer
bdecker202 wrote:Someone's bitter... Don't give up dude. You just have to keep trying.

Not bitter. I been buying items off woot for business for more than a year.. except the roomba.

It's just that when I refresh at 9:59pm PST and I refresh the page every second for ten minutes and it constantly says "SERVER BUSY" I figure how the hell does anyone else buy Bhags oft krap

lyeut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyeut

I see a lot of people complaining about scripts and such so just for the record, this = my first woot purchase and I got one. I'm not close to Texas at all. Get some skills nubbies!

bdecker202

aamcaleer wrote:Not bitter. I been buying items off woot for business for more than a year.. except the roomba.

It's just that when I refresh at 9:59pm PST and I refresh the page every second for ten minutes and it constantly says "SERVER BUSY" I figure how the hell does anyone else buy Bhags oft krap

I can see how that can be frustrating. But that's still no reason to give up...the BOC is worth it every time!

tierney61

lyeut wrote:I see a lot of people complaining about scripts and such so just for the record, this = my first woot purchase and I got one. I'm not close to Texas at all. Get some skills nubbies!

Show some respect, junior.

I don't know how it works or why it sometimes doesn't. I've managed to snag 6 craaps with no special tools other than wootalzyer - which often doesn't help.

Screwed.

sbabkirk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sbabkirk

I was at work and the wifey logged in and was able to score the marvelous bag of carp. So very happy. Christmas koi for us! Thanks Woot!

Times I have Wooted!
woot.com: 10
shirt.woot: 6
sellout.woot: 2
Bag of Cuuuuuute!: 2

zevelu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zevelu

Is the bag of carp made up of previous woot items? or things that are just laying about that never got sold? i understand that it wouldn't be, saw, the Sony A-I-O PC, or the HP notebook, but rather things like the milk frother, the spices, etc.? Just wondering.

bdecker202

sbabkirk wrote:I was at work and the wifey logged in and was able to score the marvelous bag of carp. So very happy. Christmas koi for us! Thanks Woot!

Wow, your wife's definitely a keeper!

tierney61

zevelu wrote:Is the bag of carp made up of previous woot items? or things that are just laying about that never got sold? i understand that it wouldn't be, saw, the Sony A-I-O PC, or the HP notebook, but rather things like the milk frother, the spices, etc.? Just wondering.

A lot are previous items, but not always.

A lot of action figures seem to show up in bags of craap that never seem to be regularly sold on W00t.

A year or so ago, one guy got an anvil.

Screwed.

clearasvodka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clearasvodka

AAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goosiewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goosiewoot

Curious about all those whining about the slow servers. If the server was mega-fast, wouldn't you have just been beaten to the koi faster? As opposed to the server being slow, did you ever stop to think it might have simply been queuing Wooters up to see it there were any left? If you there were 1997 of them, and you were requesting the 1998th, you were too late if it took the serve five minutes to tell you that, or if it took five seconds to tell you that. They beat me, they beat you, they were faster. Get over it and be first next time.

robertar67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robertar67
arcticsilver wrote:it better be a rabbit foot on a lcd tv ahuhu

Oggling my goat? they "give away" ONE LCD tv & now people think they are owed or deserve one & are mad that they don't get one?
Puhlease.

manthan33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manthan33

are they going to have a woot product today??

robertar67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robertar67
manthan33 wrote:are they going to have a woot product today??

Considering I haven't heard that Woot has declared bankruptcy in the past 23 hours, I'd say the answer will be YES.

manthan33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manthan33
robertar67 wrote:Considering I haven't heard that Woot has declared bankruptcy in the past 23 hours, I'd say the answer will be YES.

what did you get in your last bag of poop?

mh6288

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mh6288
manthan33 wrote:are they going to have a woot product today??

yes, new product every day at midnight central

payoff the mercenaries, then show up late

jokerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerman
unclesteve wrote:Good for YOU,,

go play some where else...!

Anyone who actually uses the name "unclesteve" on a message board must be a pedifile........you have got to be kidding...."unclesteve".....wrong board for you here ....go troll for kids somewhere else.

cross2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cross2000
tierney61 wrote:A lot are previous items, but not always.

A lot of action figures seem to show up in bags of craap that never seem to be regularly sold on W00t.

A year or so ago, one guy got an anvil.

I got the Christmas one last year, it was a bunch of weird stuff, like stuff that a kid would get if their parents shopped at a dollar store that had a time warp to 1979 at the door would get for Christmas(like a Battlestar Galactica ID holder, lord knows where they dug that from) but there was a lot of really random oddball stuff (not just 3 items) so it was rather cool to sift through.

kncoleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kncoleman

Anyone get anything bad in their last B-O_C? I got a stupid broken DVD/VCR combo unit that was made in Jan 2003.. what kind of koi is that? NM, koi..

ElHefe2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ElHefe2000

Honestly, for $8 you really can't complain about what you get. I'm just glad i'm finally getting one.

I woot therefore I am

A wise wooter once said, unless they're bleeding, puking or burning - no one gets attention until the 'sold out' sign!

Finally scored a bag 'o carp on 12/25/2008