WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

In the shadowy, distant past, we asked you to show us a label for a wine marketed by another tech or web company. Now that we've finally escaped that awful place, and all those messed up celebrities, we're busy sampling the wines that resulted. Among the vintage offerings were these, sure to surprise and delight:

First Place - $100
xexus - xexus.us

"Next up: Xexus 100% organic juices."

Second Place - $50
tim8604 - newegg

Very yolky, slightly sulphurous, just a hint of chicken. Aroma is reminiscent of chickencrap.

Third Place - $20
tehpwnerer - MacWine Air

Is this what cloud computing means?

Honorable Mentions:
hyunelan2 - GM broke as hell Zinfandel

We're not gonna drink it any more!

fedupoldhag - Smoking Gun Apple Wine
Just a hint of oak, very dry. Strong cordite overtones. You might not want to drink this straight from the bottle.

Corrado - Napster wine
Really, more of a house wine...

taipan - Pets.com Investor wine
"Step out of the car please. Cletus, sit. Roll over. Walk that straight line there, please. Close your eyes and touch your nose with your paw. Quit humping my leg." And you should hear what the officer says to the dog!

wantabewooter - Craigslist Garage Sale Pinot Grigio
Sorry, I can't take a check drawn on a Nigerian bank.

Monkey Prize
allcirca - Pirate Bay Pruno

Let's work on making sure nothing like this is ever submitted again, OK?

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. Make sure you then go to the next MPWA meeting in your town. You'll eventually need to: Declare that "I am a monkey prize winner. I last scored a monkey prize on January 32nd, 2009 for my Pruno Wine horror. I swear that I will NEVER, EVER submit anything like that horror to ANY online site again. My family all have agreed to restrain me if they ever see such an image on my monitor again. My hard drive has image recognition software that will pixelate any such design. The non-disable-able Speelcheck will filter "pruno" to "Please help me, I am a Monkey Prize Winner and about to fall off the banana wagon"". I have been monkey-clean for 68 days. Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember: 'I want to go to Miami' is not a wine that will ever be sold at Wine.woot.com.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrats winners!! I vaguely remember this contest from oh so long ago.

Hope to see more results soon!!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

congratz winners. One down 5 to go.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Hey, congratz, Xexus!

...and er'body else, of course!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

So, how do we order these? I can't find MacWine on Apples' website. I am new here, PLEASE HELP! I would also like the link to buy the Pirate Bay Pruno for my collection. THANKS!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Thanks Woot! My first first : )
And congrats to all the Winners, HM, and Monkey Prize!

Signature censored by Woot

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

thanks, Jason.

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer

Tehpwnerer besitzt wieder! Dank Richter!

benderillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benderillo

Congrats, everyone!

The newegg one made my day.

woot!

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

Congrats, Xexus and the rest of the winners!

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute

Congratulations all you choppin' winos!

toby8915

Xexus wrote:Thanks Woot! My first first : )
And congrats to all the Winners, HM, and Monkey Prize!

congrats on your first first.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio

lots of good entries. congrats on the first first Xexus!

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

Congrats winners and HMers! Congrats Xexus on your first!

Great choices judges!

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Congrats, weiners, on the Best "fo" Contest 201.

Now where's Contest 207?

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute
wizard7926 wrote:Congrats, weiners, on the Best "fo" Contest 201.

Fo sho! Did ya'll notice that the contests got their own place on the Woot home page, outside the blog box, with an RSS feed available?! If that heralds some new focus on the contests, wouldn't be nice to see winner announcements one-a-day (like vitamins) until they make like a tomato and ketchup?
/edit - smileys not working on Woot 3.0!

wizard7926

pute wrote:Fo sho! Did ya'll notice that the contests got their own place on the Woot home page, outside the blog box, with an RSS feed available?! If that heralds some new focus on the contests..

To be honest... no, I didn't. And that says something -- it's not as obviously there on the sidebar as the Derby linkage is, and I really thought it was just more CES blogging when I went over the page. Sigh.. it's a step forward, but a baby step, in my opinion. Glad that they're at least putting it out there.

toby8915

wizard7926 wrote:To be honest... no, I didn't. And that says something -- it's not as obviously there on the sidebar as the Derby linkage is, and I really thought it was just more CES blogging when I went over the page. Sigh.. it's a step forward, but a baby step, in my opinion. Glad that they're at least putting it out there.

to be fair, the derby makes thousands of dollars for the company. It should be more prominent.

wizard7926

toby8915 wrote:to be fair, the derby makes thousands of dollars for the company. It should be more prominent.

Good point. I guess I didn't think about it that way.

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

Congratz all. Funny contest.

tim8604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tim8604
benderillo wrote:Congrats, everyone!

The newegg one made my day.

Thanks! This is my first woot photoshop contest award. Now it's time to find a way to funnel this money back into woot by purchasing some more random stuff.

toby8915

Dodgeball voting is up in a couple hours. P-diddy says go vote or die.

tim8604

Anyone know about how long it takes for the paypal to go through if you are a money winner? I just want to make make sure my e-mail got to them okay. Thanks!

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
tim8604 wrote:Anyone know about how long it takes for the paypal to go through if you are a money winner? I just want to make make sure my e-mail got to them okay. Thanks!

They send payments out quarterly; you should get the money in February or March sometime.

tim8604

tehpwnerer wrote:They send payments out quarterly; you should get the money in February or March sometime.

Thanks.

allcirca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allcirca
Let's work on making sure nothing like this is ever submitted again, OK?

- Duly noted!

Congrats Winners!!!!