Jason Toon


quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

We sent out a bunch of payments today, to the following users:

clarksbrother
craigf
drs18
Josephus
edit: kilray (payment sent on 10-05)
kosmosdeli
McGuffy
mechimatic
MissDemeanor
MrNeutron
the.ronin
wonderstew
Yamiyanazz

We also need the following users to either PM with their Paypal info, or post it in this thread:

Hamst3r
Icemanager
mattg
mikedb666
Quailmann7

If we owe you money and you don't see your name above, PM me with your Paypal info. I'm really sorry this whole thing has turned into such a SNAFU, but once we clear these old payments out, everything should run pretty smoothly from now on.

MissDemeanor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissDemeanor

Got it. That was sooooo fast. Thanks for the reward. For those with a free account at PayPal you will have to upgrade to a premier account to cash your in your winnings. It will cost you $3.20 to collect your $100. winnings. Thanks WOOT for the fast turn around. See you next week.

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

What of zee Munkee Price mon frère?

drs18


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drs18

Yea verily, I came to work and behold, in my email not one but two paypal payments from Woot!
Actually, the best part is having my confidence restored. Thanks folks.

(I knew you'd fix what was broken if MissDemeanor won!)

kilray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilray

Left off the list again. You have a new PM Jason.

kilray (a.k.a. invisible)

kenuf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenuf
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:
What of zee Munkee Price mon frère?


yes what of the munkeez

kilray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilray

Thanks for the payment Woot.

If you've run out of screaming monkeys, feel free to substitute an InFocus Projector. I'll understand.

kilray

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 kilray wrote:
Thanks for the payment Woot.

If you've run out of screaming monkeys, feel free to substitute an InFocus Projector. I'll understand.

kilray



At first blush, I blanched at the very idea!
However, I willingly shall join the nobler ranks of, um, kilray!
I therefore consent to put my selfishness aside and grant unto you my much sought permission to do this filthy thing.
If you must.
Be done with it then, man!
Even in this great gesture of beneficence, I accept no accolades.
Mankind has been uplifted and I, your glorious and humble benefactor, can rest a little easier.
I shall not falter in my determination, nor weaken in my resolve.
Do your worst.
If this declaration has brought together nations then I shall, too, shoulder that responsibility.
I say, bring it!
You will not see the slightest bending in my iron will in this, one of the most selfless acts witnessed on Earth: Nay, the universe.
Send me your best InFocus Projector!
I shall not shrink from this infliction upon my very soul!
Now go!
Begone with you!
And do this terrible injustice!
I am resolved.

rdcollns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdcollns

Yeah, I just want my monkey before Christmas.

hatzs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatzs

Still waiting on my monkey too!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 rdcollns wrote:
Yeah, I just want my monkey before Christmas.



Um, yeah, ok, that too...

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:


At first blush, I blanched at the very idea!
However, I willingly shall join the nobler ranks of, um, kilray!
I therefore consent to put my selfishness aside and grant unto you my much sought permission to do this filthy thing.
If you must.
Be done with it then, man!
Even in this great gesture of beneficence, I accept no accolades.
Mankind has been uplifted and I, your glorious and humble benefactor, can rest a little easier.
I shall not falter in my determination, nor weaken in my resolve.
Do your worst.
If this declaration has brought together nations then I shall, too, shoulder that responsibility.
I say, bring it!
You will not see the slightest bending in my iron will in this, one of the most selfless acts witnessed on Earth: Nay, the universe.
Send me your best InFocus Projector!
I shall not shrink from this infliction upon my very soul!
Now go!
Begone with you!
And do this terrible injustice!
I am resolved.



WHAT THE...
They really did substitute my monkey with a InFocus Projector!
You!
And it's signed, "Love you (and love yer monkey), Toonerz!"
Thanx!
I thought you all were ignoring we monkey prize winners.

kilray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilray
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:


WHAT THE...
They really did substitute my monkey with a InFocus Projector!
You!
And it's signed, "Love you (and love yer monkey), Toonerz!"
Thanx!
I thought you all were ignoring we monkey prize winners.



Um, if you've run out of screaming monkeys and InFocus Projectors, feel free to substitute an InFocus ScreenPlay 61" DLP Hi-Def TV. I'll understand.

kilray (the eternal optimist)

hatzs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatzs
 Jason Toon wrote:
And our Figurative Monkey Prize goes to everybody else who entered the contest, for doing solid work with our foggy premise. "Figurative" means "we won't be sending you anything.")



 Jason Toon wrote:
And we're going to keep the Monkey Prize for ourselves, for coming up with a contest premise so broad and easily executed that we had to look at hundreds of entries to come up with winners (you know how we feel about doing extra work).



Look, if you guys ran out of screaming monkeys, just admit it and either stop awarding the prize or make up a new gag prize. However, many of us are STILL WAITING for our promised monkey prizes.

And if you can't supply the monkeys then how about something of equal wootiness, like the DLP TV or the projector mentioned above ?!? Heck, I'd even settle for mnementh's 100 pucks at this point. I've had to wait almost two months (and some people have been waiting even longer) and this is starting to border on rediculous.

You finally made good on the cash prizes. Now how about doing the same for the monkey prizes, please?

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
 hatzs wrote:


Look, if you guys ran out of screaming monkeys, just admit it and either stop awarding the prize or make up a new gag prize. However, many of us are STILL WAITING for our promised monkey prizes.

And if you can't supply the monkeys then how about something of equal wootiness, like the DLP TV or the projector mentioned above ?!? Heck, I'd even settle for mnementh's 100 pucks at this point. I've had to wait almost two months (and some people have been waiting even longer) and this is starting to border on rediculous.

You finally made good on the cash prizes. Now how about doing the same for the monkey prizes, please?



Not on all cash prizes...(or a monkey)

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 killingtime wrote:


Not on all cash prizes...(or a monkey)



Did you PM Jason Toon?
Maybe he'll give you a big ol' TeeVee!

hatzs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatzs
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:


Did you PM Jason Toon?
Maybe he'll give you a big ol' TeeVee!



Sent a PM last week... it still hasn't even been looked at.

Jason! Can we PLEASE get the monkey backlog fixed soon!?! And if there is a specific reason why the monkeys are being held hostage, can you at least enlighten us? It's been over two months now (for me), and we really would like to know what the holdup is!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 hatzs wrote:


Sent a PM last week... it still hasn't even been looked at.

Jason! Can we PLEASE get the monkey backlog fixed soon!?! And if there is a specific reason why the monkeys are being held hostage, can you at least enlighten us? It's been over two months now (for me), and we really would like to know what the holdup is!



Don't feel bad, Hatzs, mon.
My InFocus Projector only beams images of screaming monkeys doing unspeakably woot things to bawdy woots!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:


Don't feel bad, Hatzs, mon.
My InFocus Projector only beams images of screaming monkeys doing unspeakably woot things to bawdy woots!



...but I would still like to have my monkey enjoy a little sushi with me!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

"Hey, you don’t have to be ashamed about that sonic monkey on your back. Woot understands your bizarre fixation."

What fixation?

Wait!
Hold my banana!
Did you say SONIC monkey?!?!

Jason Toon


quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

The screaming monkey is an elusive creature, and fierce, too - we've lost three men from our latest hunting party. But don't worry, relief is on the way. Look here for an update soon...

skou


quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
 Jason Toon wrote:
The screaming monkey is an elusive creature, and fierce, too - we've lost three men from our latest hunting party. But don't worry, relief is on the way. Look here for an update soon...



Note to Jason's boss;

Jason's Boss;

This is some GREAT stuff. WHatever you are paying Jason (in screaming monkeys) it isn't enough!

/note to Jason's Boss.

Jason, this is just one of the reasons I like this place!

steve

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

SPREAD THE NEWS!

I GOT PAID FROM WOOT TODAY!!

WOOHOO!

THANK YOU!

MrPotbut


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrPotbut

I think I sent my Paypal address to the right person.... how long should it take to get the money? Are things still backed up?

hatzs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hatzs
 Jason Toon wrote:
The screaming monkey is an elusive creature, and fierce, too - we've lost three men from our latest hunting party. But don't worry, relief is on the way. Look here for an update soon...



Hot steaming jungle...
Are we hunters, or hunted?
EEK-EEEEEK! Ka-Blam! &*@# !

Seriously, though... another two weeks gone by without any word. Not even another broken promise!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 Jason Toon wrote:
The screaming monkey is an elusive creature, and fierce, too - we've lost three men from our latest hunting party. But don't worry, relief is on the way. Look here for an update soon...



So I've read.

Thank the Great Monkey Master (retail:$3.95) you are in one place! (Unscathed, I trust.)

Screaming monkey love is such a movable beast!

It's a pity those heroic men should perish. At least they shall inherit eternal monkey glory.

Let us shed the greater part of our tears for us: We who live such empty lives, devoid of screaming monkeys.

I suppose it a necessary sacrifice a few good men and ladies must make - to take a banana that we might have the freedom to enjoy our screaming monkeys.

We should celebrate their departure - for they were lost whilst living out there... on the edge... where one can truly feel the pulse of life, unencumbered and clouded by alcohol, drugs, and reason!

I think we all understand the perils of such a noble endeavor (and making jokes about getting a big ol' TeeVee gratis).

They got their reward.

And I, my thoughtfully chosen alien themed toys. I love my squirt gun.

In fact, my finger trembles on the trigger as I write this.

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

Alas...

It is done.

I have pulled the trigger.

I confess.



I... I... I have squirt myself in the head.

Proteus_Crow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proteus_Crow

Oh, the inanity...


MEDIC!

The Nobel Peace Prize?! I'd *KILL* for one of those!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 Proteus_Crow wrote:
Oh, the inanity...


MEDIC!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

Proteus_Crow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proteus_Crow

Oooh, shiny.

The Nobel Peace Prize?! I'd *KILL* for one of those!

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome
 Proteus_Crow wrote:
Oooh, shiny.

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

AlienResearchGrpHome


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienResearchGrpHome

You run or the beast will eat them!

elmedico27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmedico27

Is everything still backed up? I sent Jason two PMs right after contest #45 and I haven't heard anything back yet. (I'm pretty sure my PMs haven't even been looked at.) Does anybody know something I don't? i.e. Am I just a moron and didn't do the PM thing right?

mattg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattg

I sent Jason a PM a couple of days ago. It hasn't been viewed jet - I can't even imagine how much PM spam Jason gets on a regular basis.

Anyway, hopefully I sent my Paypal info to the correct place.

And a great big thanks to Woot for not only holding the weekly contests, but also for giving money to someone besides Mnementh!

memnoch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch
 mattg wrote:
I sent Jason a PM a couple of days ago. It hasn't been viewed jet - I can't even imagine how much PM spam Jason gets on a regular basis.

Anyway, hopefully I sent my Paypal info to the correct place.

And a great big thanks to Woot for not only holding the weekly contests, but also for giving money to someone besides Mnementh!



Why does everyone pick on mnementh?
I wonder who's won the most, anyway? ...probably mnementh!