Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:i usually like the puffy cheetos, but i bought a bag of crunchy cheetos, and found i like them pretty well too.

they are by far my favorite. especially the little bitty ones.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:"Scrapple is a savory mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour. ... Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps"

There went my appetite.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:Puffy aren't crunchy?

they emphasize puffiness, but are somewhat crunchy. crunchy style emphasize crunchiness, so are less puffy. a little smaller in diameter, a little more irregular in shape.

no1

Josephus wrote:they are by far my favorite. especially the little bitty ones.

puffy cheetos are very regular in size and texture. i can chew them using just the processing power in my brain stem. quite relaxing.

no1

DA59 wrote:There went my appetite.

noooooooooooo! think of cheetos!

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:they emphasize puffiness, but are somewhat crunchy. crunchy style emphasize crunchiness, so are less puffy. a little smaller in diameter, a little more irregular in shape.

Dear Dr. Cheesy Poof

How do they make those things all fluffy?

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:noooooooooooo! think of cheetos!

Don't like Cheetos.

no1

DA59 wrote:Dear Dr. Cheesy Poof

How do they make those things all fluffy?

they use a fluffer, of course.

Josephus

joyner wrote:Hey Joe! 10B for NIH, sounds good to me!

from the wife:

josephuswife wrote:
Except…

It has to be spent over 2 years. A lot of it will go for infrastructure (modernizing/new buildings, capital equipment) and some for short-term (i.e., R21) RFAs. Not likely to have much of an effect on the R01 paylines.

FYI

no1

DA59 wrote:Don't like Cheetos.

fritos? doritos? nachos? funions? onion rings?
burgers?

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:they use a fluffer, of course.

Ha! I already knew what that kind of Fluffer did!

no1

DA59 wrote:Ha! I already do what that kind of Fluffer did!

no1

no1 wrote:fritos? doritos? nachos? funions? onion rings?
burgers?

mrs. 1 prefers chili cheese fritos.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:fritos? doritos? nachos? funions? onion rings?
burgers?

Fritos: Ok with chili & cheese
Doritos: Cool Ranch only
Nachos: the real kind, not the flavored chips
Funions: No way
Onion Rings: One smothered in ketchup will do me for a year or more.
Burger: Love cheeseburgers. My weakness.

I prefer Sour Cream & Onion or Cheddar & Sour Cream chips. Or just good ol' plain Lay's potato chips or Ruffles.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:

I learned that in my early 20s, I think.

no1

DA59 wrote:do me

you have an interesting way of putting things, ms. daj.

edit: sorry. old habits die hard. ms. da.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:mrs. 1 prefers chili cheese fritos.

Frito Pie: Fritos, chili & cheese. Yummmmm.

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:you have an interesting way of putting things, ms. daj.

edit: sorry. old habits die hard. ms. da.

//smack

Josephus

no1 wrote:mrs. 1 prefers chili cheese fritos.

I like those too, but can rarely get them around here. daughter is hooked on the bbq fritos.

feel free to vote for her anime lion-teen.

no1

Josephus wrote:I like those too, but can rarely get them around here. daughter is hooked on the bbq fritos.

i think we will try some honey bbq fritos next.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote://smack

quit begging for it so much daj.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

munching on pistachio kernals yummy

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1

AZGman wrote:munching on pistachio kernals yummy

shelled or unshelled? if you don't have to shell them yourself it's just not the same. but i'd understand it if they were shelled.

AZGman

no1 wrote:shelled or unshelled? if you don't have to shell them yourself it's just not the same. but i'd understand it if they were shelled.

shelled s I don't have to

no1

AZGman wrote:shelled s I don't have to

what kind of stuff do they have you do for phys therapy? would shelling 'stachios help?

AZGman

no1 wrote:what kind of stuff do they have you do for phys therapy? would shelling 'stachios help?

It would be good therapy, bet I still don't have enough dexteriy and muscle control to shell them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:quit begging for it so much daj.

Why?

no1

AZGman wrote:It would be good therapy, bet I still don't have enough dexteriy and muscle control to shell them.

oh. well, hope you get to that point sooner rather than later!

AZGman

no1 wrote:oh. well, hope you get to that point sooner rather than later!

I don't think it'll be real long

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
DA59 wrote:Why?

because you look so....desperate!

//smack

no1

any1 getting/got a digital tv converter box?

i stuck some rabbit ears on a tv to see what kind of analog broadcast tv signal reception we were getting. it's pretty bad. i think we might not even get a decent digital signal if/when they switch over. too bad, i was kinda curious what (if any) extra programming they might put on the extra channels.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:because you look so....desperate!

and?

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:any1 getting/got a digital tv converter box?

i stuck some rabbit ears on a tv to see what kind of analog broadcast tv signal reception we were getting. it's pretty bad. i think we might not even get a decent digital signal if/when they switch over. too bad, i was kinda curious what (if any) extra programming they might put on the extra channels.

I thought I heard that those bands were going to be used for emergency broadcasts.

Found this: After the transition is complete .... broadcasters will be required to return to the government the portion of the spectrum currently used for analog stations.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I'm sitting on my deck watching Dept. of Transportation cut trees off of the right of way. Fun stuff. Makes daughter's silly dogs go nuts. Moved them up closer to the deck. I wonder who gets the wood? It would take us years to burn that much wood. Beautiful weather. Must be 65*. We're going to grill chicken for dinner.

no1

DA59 wrote:I thought I heard that those bands were going to be used for emergency broadcasts.

Found this: After the transition is complete .... broadcasters will be required to return to the government the portion of the spectrum currently used for analog stations.

i thought the new digital tv channels could carry more programming, if the stations chose to use them that way. like extra sub-channels.

edit: i'm assuming the digital broadcasts would use antennas in the same location as their current towers. if we don't have good analog reception now, i think we won't have good digital reception later. regardless of the band used.

AZGman

nap yime; laters,

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:i thought the new digital tv channels could carry more programming, if the stations chose to use them that way. like extra sub-channels.

edit: i'm assuming the digital broadcasts would use antennas in the same location as their current towers. if we don't have good analog reception now, i think we won't have good digital reception later. regardless of the band used.

Looks like a lot of stations will move their digital broadcast to their local VHF channel assigment: http://www.iptv.org/iowajournal/story.cfm/432

no1

no1 wrote:i thought the new digital tv channels could carry more programming, if the stations chose to use them that way. like extra sub-channels.

dtv subchannels

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just saw this book on FailBlog. Who woulda thought....

The Moose with Loose Poops

Josephus

I think the signal is much less able to be staticky, because the numbers that are digital tv are a much cleaner signal than the analog signal, hence less noise.